Podium DD unboxing - The wait is over

Comments

• I received my dd1 today and got the firmware updated and calibrated on both my wheel base and rim.  Everything within the Fanatec wheel property page shows it working correctly, pedals, shifter, handbrake. I cannot get any games to detect it though. I select CSW 2.5, and nothing works. Cannot navigate the menus with any button on my porsche 918 rim. I also cannot get anything to move when performing an ingame wheel calibration. I've tried Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally 2, ACC, and RaceRoom racing experience. Anyone have this issue?

PC Driver: 334
    Wheel Base Firmware: 651
    Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 29
    Did you restart the PC after you updated PC with the New DD Driver. What I do is Uninstall the old driver first, Defrag Drive, Restart PC, Install New Driver, Update wheel base... Seems a Tad over kill but it always works Flawless with No issues.
    After hours of fiddling, I finally figured it out. In steam settings, untick all game controller devices and now it is detected.
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited April 2019
    Hey! There's separate threads for discussing set-up (and other) issues. This is the thread for people to discuss "the wait is over".  ;)

Unfortunately, that message hasn't reached anyone in Australia yet. Just 3 hours and 15 minutes of 'business time' to honour this line from the opening post of the thread:

"...we will deliver all pre-orders of the first batch on or before April 30th, as promised."

Oh, but didn't the shipment get held up because a solar flare made a truck driver crash into an electrical transformer and shut down the entire power grid which then somehow allowed a passing black hole to inadvertantly swallow up the entire shipment to Australia?  :O)
  • I have not bothered to check today, as I don't expect it to ship.

On a separate note, I find it interesting that only ~50% of the Aus F1 2019 LE wheels in silver have sold. The Gold version was snapped up in a flash. I have been looking at my F1 2018 LE for months now without a base to use it on. Hoping the DD2 arrives in the next week or so, so I can finally use it.

Had enough of my T300 RS. Going to me a big change! Getting the V3i pedals, SQ V1.5 Shifter & Handbrake has already been an amazing introduction into Fanatec ecosystem. Now for a Podium GT wheel
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Can we keep all setup and DD discussions to this thread to avoid anything getting lost, which may help others. Cheers ! 

• My wheel has arrived UPS uk
  • I have my package in my hand!
  • hi, please tell me.
    what is the button combo for changing modes(pc,xbox, v2 mode, comp mode)???

i read the whole dd1 manual, i cant find it.

:(
  • hi, please tell me.

Depends on the wheel you have attached. In my case (XBox universal hub it is "Y" and "squares button" simultaneously to switch between xbox and PC mode
  • Maik ZeranskiMaik Zeranski Member
    edited April 2019

hi, please tell me.

From the Quick Start Guide, Page 10:
    "Each steering wheel has a different button press combination in order to change modes. Please see your wheel’s quick guide in order to see which button press combination is required."

• YES!! Package delivered 2:30 and now fired up the DD1 for the first time. Calibration done, now first RTFM... ;) 
    Smart from Fanatec devs to set the FF to 35 as default. 

To all ENJOY and happy racing

• hi, please tell me.

"Each steering wheel has a different button press combination in order to change modes. Please see your wheel’s quick guide in order to see which button press combination is required."

thx, there is no info in the universal hub manual about how to change into v2 comp modus nobody knows?? , it drives me crazy...
  • edited April 2019
    hi, please tell me.

Manual, page 36 ;)

There's the button combo for the Formula, Formula V2 and F1 2018. It differs a little bit for the others.

• hi, please tell me.

thx, there is no info in the universal hub manual about how to change into v2 comp modus nobody knows?? , it drives me crazy...
    For the Xbox Universal hub to change modes is the button with the 2 little squares( select?) and the little y (yellow) button on the top of the hub
  • Does anyone know where I can get a right & left blue laced carbon fiber side panel for my PS4 Podium wheel base...mine came without them   X(
    call fanatic support im sure they would be willing to ship you a set

I sent them a question about it, I haven't heard anything as of yet, should I use the wheel or wait to hear from them???

• Does anyone know where I can get a right & left blue laced carbon fiber side panel for my PS4 Podium wheel base...mine came without them   X(

I sent them a question about it, I haven't heard anything as of yet, should I use the wheel or wait to hear from them???

I don't see why you couldn't use the wheel. 
  • edited April 2019
    Does anyone know where I can get a right & left blue laced carbon fiber side panel for my PS4 Podium wheel base...mine came without them   X(

I don't see why you couldn't use the wheel. 
    It's on, I'm tired of waiting!!!!!!!! LOL
  • i have done all updates for the dd1 but now the weel is not recognized in games. 
  • So if I understand previous comments from Fanatec, all DD preorders including the PS4 version are actually using the DD2 base, but software limited to DD1 force levels?
  • So if I understand previous comments from Fanatec, all DD preorders including the PS4 version are actually using the DD2 base, but software limited to DD1 force levels?
    All DD bases share the same housing and the same Motor. But the DD1 and DD1 PS4 have different electronics and are therefore limited in holding and Peak torque and therefore a tiny bit slower in acceleration.
  • Hi guys, I already have DD 2 with me :-). Awesome. But, known anyone how can I attach my Static Shifter on dd2 ? It does not fit :/...
    All DD bases share the same housing and the same Motor. But the DD1 and DD1 PS4 have different electronics and are therefore limited in holding and Peak torque and therefore a tiny bit slower in acceleration.
    My understanding was all preorders had the same electronics internally because of some early manufacturing issues of the DD1 electronics. 
    My understanding was all preorders had the same electronics internally because of some early manufacturing issues of the DD1 electronics. 
    The motor of the DD1 didn't meet the expectation and/or targeted quality so they took the motor of the DD2.
    So same motor for DD1 but different electronics
  • I received the dd1 today :-) but have anyone mounted this on the rennsport 2, that was not strait forward....
  • DD1 arrived monday. Had to set the FF to 100 (without the torque key) to get similar force as the CSW V2. I guess the recommendations for a FF of 40 is for when you use the key?
  • Just pointing out it is now May and I have not received any tracking details, no explanation as to why you have failed to meet your deadlines once again and no reply to my question about what you are doing about it.
  • The wait is over. Long live the wait!
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited May 2019
    The wait is never over. Nor is the silence.

Awful way to treat your loyal customers. 

Because I paid with Paypal back in Nov 2018, I get a 6 month window to lodge a dispute for goods that are faulty or do not show up. If my DD1 doesn't arrive by the end of the week, I'll have no choice but to put in a claim with Paypal, otherwise I'll lose my Paypal protection.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hi guys, I already have DD 2 with me :-). Awesome. But, known anyone how can I attach my Static Shifter on dd2 ? It does not fit :/...
    You will have to remove the Clamp Ring temporarily to get them on. The manual shows how to remove it.
  • Rob CrouchRob Crouch Member
    edited May 2019
    Add me to the list of Angry Aussies....

• Add me to the list of Angry Aussies....

+1