Podium DD unboxing - The wait is over

Comments

• Add me to the list of Angry Aussies....

Me too. This company is hopeless.
  • Can we please get an official word on the situation for us Aussies? You literally promised shipment by the 30th and that day has come and gone. What’s happening? Why the delay? When will we get ours? Silence is not ok.
  • Add me to the list of Angry Aussies....

Another Aussie here still waiting. I understand they must be busy fulfilling a large number of orders.

Here's hoping they are able to provide us an update soon! I'm sure it will be worth the wait :).
  • Rob CrouchRob Crouch Member
    edited May 2019
    Promises are worthless. Communication is cheap.

@Thomas @Dom just give us some information. Are the units in AU? Have they cleared customs? Are they in the Fanatec distribution centre?

Expectation management is customer service 101. Your customers have patiently waited for a ~4 month delay for a high price item, that we pre-ordered in the pure faith you'd deliver a great product. If you've paid any attention to the angst in this thread you have to comprehend—if not understand—the frustration that the lack of information is causing.
  • Promises are worthless. Communication is cheap.

@Thomas @Dom just give us some information. Are the units in AU? Have they cleared customs? Are they in the Fanatec distribution centre?

Expectation management is customer service 101. Your customers have patiently waited for a ~4 month delay for a high price item, that we pre-ordered in the pure faith you'd deliver a great product. If you've paid any attention to the angst in this thread you have to comprehend—if not understand—the frustration that the lack of information is causing.
    Could not have said it better as my next reply was full of profanity from my frustration at the lack of any official update on the situation.
  • Noting they were accepting payment for preorders and withheld the information that the delay was coming until almost the very end of the preorder time. If they won't give information to customers, or respond to their questions, or actually just deliver the items that have been purchased maybe the only option is to get the ACCC to investigate. I think people have been more than patient and understanding. Bear in mind that these deadlines were set by Fanatec, not by us. To then post you are delivering early, then fail once again to do so is an insult. Before the fanboy brigade rolls in to call every one entitled, I'll remind you purchasing something involves exchanging money for an item. If you give them the money, the reasonable expectation is that you actually receive the agreed item as described and when you agreed for it to arrive. It might sound patronising but if you need that explained to you, then that's just how it is. https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/sales-delivery/non-delivery-of-products-services Under the Australian Consumer Law, businesses must not accept payment for products or services if: they do not intend to supply them they intend to supply materially different products or services they know, or should have known, they would not be able to supply the products or services within the timeframe indicated or if no timeframe was provided, within a reasonable time.
  • I'm an Aussie who has the shipping information emailed to me last Friday, it's currently in transport with Australia Post due to arrive in a couple of days.
  • I'm an Aussie who has the shipping information emailed to me last Friday, it's currently in transport with Australia Post due to arrive in a couple of days.
    When did you guys order as you are only the second Aussie I have heard to get their tracking. Most annoyingly for me is the other ordered on the second last day of preorder and I ordered on the second day yet have yet to hear anything. So much for ordering 4-5 months earlier to be shafted still.
    So where are the rest of them then? Was yours sent ahead by sparrow while all the rest of us wait for delivery by slug?

I want OFFICIAL responses at this point, not more rumours or conjecture.
  • ODETE GOMESODETE GOMES Member
    edited May 2019
    Received finally the DD2 today. I don't understand why you have a video showing the emergency stop switch with a bracket ? I didn't received with my unit I received today. Did anyone else get the bracket? 

Can you explain Fanatec?

• edited May 2019
    I'm an Aussie who has the shipping information emailed to me last Friday, it's currently in transport with Australia Post due to arrive in a couple of days.
    When did you guys order as you are only the second Aussie I have heard to get their tracking. Most annoyingly for me is the other ordered on the second last day of preorder and I ordered on the second day yet have yet to hear anything. So much for ordering 4-5 months earlier to be shafted still.
    I ordered mine in the first auction and payed in August.
    Also, another South Aussie I know got his dispatch email the same day as I did.
  • Aussie here too. Got my pre-order in the first Auctions in August and payed then too. Got tracking last week and my DD1 has left Melbourne and it's on it's way right now. Can't wait!
  • Your order has been despatched via MEL55 Australia Post eParcel.
  • Just received the email as well.
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited May 2019
    I've just had the same shipping notification message. This miserable wait is finally heading toward an end, though I'll only be convinced when I know that it has actually shipped and not just a shipping number.

Hoping that by this time next week I'll be posting a glowing review instead of complaints and all my frustration will disappear in the rear vision mirror.  [-O<
  • Yep, just got my dispatch message from Melbourne, yay!
  • Dispatch notice from Aussie post by Endor. Not stated as shipped on Fanatec website though, so guessing awaiting pickup. Ordered 30/11/18
  • DD1 arrived monday. Had to set the FF to 100 (without the torque key) to get similar force as the CSW V2. I guess the recommendations for a FF of 40 is for when you use the key?
    Because without the torque key the FF level is the same as the CSW V2/V2.5 :) 
  • Incoming! Another chilled and happy Aussie here. Email today, ordered 8/9/18. No delivery date so yeah not picked up yet but it's happening.
  • Could have been picked up, but not scanned. I experience this regularly with some parcels. I am also being hopeful. If it was picked up today, I may get it Friday in NSW, otherwise probably Monday
  • Hang in there Aussies, it’s worth the wait! Whilst it’s frustrating, I believe the delay will be to do with Australia Post and not Fanatec. I used to live in Oz and am familiar with the situation which can be annoying. The units are on the way if I’m understanding correctly, so take a deep breath, and you’ll be up and running in no time. Crossing my fingers for all of you that they arrive in the next day or 2. And I agree that Fanatec could be a bit more transparent about the whole situation, but this is nothing new to those of us in the Fanatec loop. Not good, but not unusual or unprecedented. Hopefully some of the anger will dissipate when these beasts arrive on the doorstep! Good luck guys!
    I'm Aussie as well - received email from Endor Monday morning and AusPost confirmation that afternoon.  I'm an early auction winner so maybe they're being shipped first?
  • DD1 arrived monday. Had to set the FF to 100 (without the torque key) to get similar force as the CSW V2. I guess the recommendations for a FF of 40 is for when you use the key?
    Because without the torque key the FF level is the same as the CSW V2/V2.5 :) 
    Its actually a little bit more, its up to 10Nm without the Torque Key, so 2Nm more vs a CSW v2.5 ;)
  • Received finally the DD2 today. I don't understand why you have a video showing the emergency stop switch with a bracket ? I didn't received with my unit I received today. Did anyone else get the bracket? 

Can you explain Fanatec?

The brackets are NOT included in the packagin content, see page 11 of the manual. The shown brackets are only to show how it is possible to mount the Killswitch. You are not missing anything, your package content was complete.
  • Hi guys, I already have DD 2 with me :-). Awesome. But, known anyone how can I attach my Static Shifter on dd2 ? It does not fit :/...
    You will have to remove the Clamp Ring temporarily to get them on. The manual shows how to remove it.
    Please can you send some link to that manual ?
  • Hi guys, I already have DD 2 with me :-). Awesome. But, known anyone how can I attach my Static Shifter on dd2 ? It does not fit :/...
    You will have to remove the Clamp Ring temporarily to get them on. The manual shows how to remove it.
    Please can you send some link to that manual ?
    the manual is available on the Download page of the DD.
  • Andy MillerAndy Miller Member
    edited May 2019
    Still have not received any information from Fanatec on my DD2 pre-order (11/24/18) in the states.

"I am happy to tell you that we started to ship the first Podium Wheel Bases today to our customers.  We started with the Podium Racing Wheel but DD1 and DD2 will follow soon so we will deliver all pre-orders of the first batch on or before April 30th, as promised."

I reached out to Fanatec so maybe I will get an update soon.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    FYI.  Today is a holiday in EU (Labor Day) 
  • When is the software suite being released? I thought it was going to be out by the end of April. Is there a beta download somewhere I missed?
  • Got my DD2 today! It's everything I could have hoped it would be! All the smoothness, power and speed anybody could ask for... And a huge upgrade from my Clubsport V2. Heck, I still think the V2 is awesome compared to everything the other big two makers have, but this just smashes the competition. My biggest fear was that it wouldn't be all that great of an upgrade, but the difference is HUGE and instantly recognizable. So glad I made the purchase! Thanks Fanatec, for all your hard work on this project. I think it totally paid off, and you have a serious winner on your hands. You guys seriously rock.

Ben