Podium Wheel Bases (and Racing Wheels) discussion

Comments

• Any people experience problems with the v334 firmware in combination with the Clubsport V3 pedals and Podium base?

Currently setting up all the settings for the different games and already had a few times the below problems:
    • In the wheel base menu no more Brf (brake force) setting. The setting was just gone it went from nFr strait to the FEI setting. Resulting in a very sensitive brake pedal. Only need to touch the brake pedal a bit for full brake and locking wheels.
    • For some reason the base switches arround the pedals? It starts normal but after some tweaking of setting etc the brake pedal is my throttle, clutch is the brake and the throttle is the clutch pedal. Already had it within Raceroom and iRacing.
    Before beginning with the Podium base replaced my RJ12 cable with the supplied cable of the Podium base. Also did all the firmware updates of the base, motor calibration etc. Have no reproduce to get the problem. But today already had both problems 2 times in a few hours of setting up and test driving.

After a reboot of the Podium base it's back to normal again.
  • When Fanatec will start a Podium Series wheel rim series ?
  • have installed all the drivers for the dd1 but my weel is not recognized in games have tryed it with f1 2018 and acc.

• edited April 2019
    have installed all the drivers for the dd1 but my weel is not recognized in games have tryed it with f1 2018 and acc.

In the Fanatec Wheel software, verify your drivers/firmware show the following:
    PC Driver: 334
    Wheel Base Firmware: 651
    Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 29 

These were the latest as of last night. (4/29/2019)

In Steam, go to Settings -> Controllers -> Controller Settings (or something like this). Verify at the bottom under Detected Controllers that you see the DD1 listed. 

I know you mentioned above, but make sure Generic Gamepad is not checked. In my case, I unchecked everything and this is what resulted in games detecting it for me.

If the above doesn't help, then I am unsure. I'd verify everything tests out in the Fanatec Wheel software (it did with mine).  You could try different USB ports, reboot the PC. Maybe uninstall previous wheel software/drivers?  I contacted Fanatec support yesterday and have heard no response yet. I personally don't need help anymore, but I wouldn't expect a response from them anytime soon. 

If they response to my yesterday's question, then I'll make sure to post it here in case they have any other insight.

• Any people experience problems with the v334 firmware in combination with the Clubsport V3 pedals and Podium base?

Currently setting up all the settings for the different games and already had a few times the below problems:
    • In the wheel base menu no more Brf (brake force) setting. The setting was just gone it went from nFr strait to the FEI setting. Resulting in a very sensitive brake pedal. Only need to touch the brake pedal a bit for full brake and locking wheels.
    • For some reason the base switches arround the pedals? It starts normal but after some tweaking of setting etc the brake pedal is my throttle, clutch is the brake and the throttle is the clutch pedal. Already had it within Raceroom and iRacing.
    Before beginning with the Podium base replaced my RJ12 cable with the supplied cable of the Podium base. Also did all the firmware updates of the base, motor calibration etc. Have no reproduce to get the problem. But today already had both problems 2 times in a few hours of setting up and test driving.

After a reboot of the Podium base it's back to normal again.
    I was having the exact same issues last night. I have a handbrake hooked up to the pedals, and it seemed to be jumping around in how it was mapping the pedals to their virtual axis.

Only tested in iRacing, rebinding the handbrake seemed to help, but I didn't do enough to believe it won't repeat.
  • have installed all the drivers for the dd1 but my weel is not recognized in games have tryed it with f1 2018 and acc.

In the Fanatec Wheel software, verify your drivers/firmware show the following:
    PC Driver: 334
    Wheel Base Firmware: 651
    Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 29 

These were the latest as of last night. (4/29/2019)

In Steam, go to Settings -> Controllers -> Controller Settings (or something like this). Verify at the bottom under Detected Controllers that you see the DD1 listed. 

I know you mentioned above, but make sure Generic Gamepad is not checked. In my case, I unchecked everything and this is what resulted in games detecting it for me.

If the above doesn't help, then I am unsure. I'd verify everything tests out in the Fanatec Wheel software (it did with mine).  You could try different USB ports, reboot the PC. Maybe uninstall previous wheel software/drivers?  I contacted Fanatec support yesterday and have heard no response yet. I personally don't need help anymore, but I wouldn't expect a response from them anytime soon. 

If they response to my yesterday's question, then I'll make sure to post it here in case they have any other insight.

thanks for your response i have all unchecked in steam but it did not helped. The weel seems to work perfect only not with games. hope sombody from fanatec can help me with this
  • Can anyone help, none of my wheels are being recognised by the DD1. i am on the latest firmware and drivers
  • This is what i am getting
  • now with acc i can get the weel to work but i only can steer and shift but the buttons dont work 
    i have the limited edition f1 weel . there is somthing weard going on in the fanatec config all the buttons work but not in game

• Hello Fanatec, hi all, 

I just received my DD1 one today. Overall it is really a great product, I'm happy I went for it. 

However, I noticed an issue that may (or hopefully may not) cause serious trouble in near future:

When mounting a rim, there is a considerable amount of play all around, meaning the wheel bends slightly to all sides. This was not the case with my V2.5, very tight fit on that one. This holds for both, the formula carbon and BMW GT2 rim which are not too old.

Being an engineer myself I looked a bit more and found the source of the play: 

The first part of the axle where the rim slides on, the one before the rubber, is too small in Diameter. Easily a few tenths of microns, if not even a hundred. 
    This means, even with the tightest rubber squeeze and security screw, there will be play, as the axle is simply too small. 

Please @Thomas Jackermeier, can you comment on this? There are so many issues with broken rim Pins out there, this looks quite dangerous to me. Esp. since the forces are up to there times as on V2.5 and there will be quite an amount of bending on all of the Pins with this play and configuration. 

I am having same issue with my DD2 by using the Universal Hub.

I was have a very little play on my CSW V2 base also, but on the DD2 base it is much much more now.

Maybe that caused now my bigger problem that today in the beginning the Hub was 2x times disconnected while driving. Tightening the screw again helped once, the other time I needed to pull it off and put the Hub on again. Then connection was there again until the end of my session.

This evenning when I wanted to drive again, the base does not recognize my universal hub at all anymore. Tried several things with uninstalling software and updating and flashing again, other usb ports, restarting pc and so on, no chance.

I tried the Hub on my CSW V2 again also, but there it still works.
  • oke i think i fixed it for games to recognize your weel you have to put your weel in competable mode. i wil test some more tomorrow
  • Ben MansillBen Mansill Member
    edited April 2019
    Does anyone have a Next level F1 GT rig and has successfully mounted a DD?

A guy on GT Planet forums is saying the mounting holes don't align and he had to drill holes, but I have the same rig and my current 2.5 base fits perfectly using three hole pattern.

I haven't received my DD yet but expecting it soon.

I thought the DD mounting holes were the same, are they not?
  • Out of curiosity, I aligned the wheel and ran the motor alignment tests. The zero on it looks perfect within the driver software, but when I turn the wheel base on, it proceeds to rotate 30 or so degrees to the right and then rotates back towards zero and slowly stops at like +6 degrees. Anyone else have this issue? Not sure it's really affecting anything but it doesn't go back to zero. I can manually rotate it back to zero and the driver software shows it at zero when I do so.
    Try to increase the SPR setting.
    : If SPR is set to low values or ‘OFF’ the Podium Wheel Base will not be able to move the attached Steering Wheel to correct center position after calibration run.
    They are stock, which is set to 100. So that's not it.
  • Does anyone have a Next level F1 GT rig and has successfully mounted a DD?

A guy on GT Planet forums is saying the mounting holes don't align and he had to drill holes, but I have the same rig and my current 2.5 base fits perfectly using three hole pattern.

I haven't received my DD yet but expecting it soon.

I thought the DD mounting holes were the same, are they not?
    I have the F1GT rig - so far it's solid as a rock. i did have to drill holes just for better alignment and also the original base plate on had 2 out of the 3 holes required
  • edited May 2019
    Does anyone's power button not work on the dd1? I push it, hold it for 5+ seconds and nothing. To turn it off, I have to unplug it from the wall.

Update: Hitting the power button for a few seconds appears to disconnect it from the PC, but the DD1 screen stays on. Hitting the power again does not reconnect it to the PC. I have to unplug it from the wall again. Pretty sure this was working before I updated the firmware to the latest.
  • edited May 2019
    anyone else have that ugly high frequency noise when the base is on?  you can modulate the noise by turning the wheel, the harder you turn the more silent the noise become. at arround 7nm it is completly gone and the base is super silent. 

whats wrong here?  that nasty noise is noticable even in next room :(((   dd1 here with latest driver&firmwares

EDIT:  its not the base, its the PSU that makes this nasty noise, its so room filled that it sounded it comes from the base. 

• anyone else have that ugly high frequency noise when the base is on?  you can modulate the noise by turning the wheel, the harder you turn the more silent the noise become. at arround 7nm it is completly gone and the base is super silent. 

whats wrong here?  that nasty noise is noticable even in next room :(((   dd1 here with latest driver&firmwares

EDIT:  its not the base, its the PSU that makes this nasty noise, its so room filled that it sounded it comes from the base. 

I have that noice too but with headphone on i dont hear it
  • The noise from the PSU is so called coil whine.

Do any of you feel a slight vibration in the base while holding the rim? (It is not enough to move it but you can feel it)
  • Does someone got the shift lights and display working in games (assetto corsa) ? My 918 wheel leds where working fine ingame with CSW2.5 but now with the DD1 they are not working. Also reinstalled fanaleds and mijn firmware is up to date (when testing in the fanatec driver software they work).

And Forza Horizon 4 doesn't recognize my DD1, other games (assetto corsa) are fine. Anyone already tried a Forza game ?

Do any of you feel a slight vibration in the base while holding the rim? (It is not enough to move it but you can feel it)
    Yes i have vibration in the rim dont know if that is normal?
  • Psql .Psql . Member
    Does someone got the shift lights and display working in games (assetto corsa) ? My 918 wheel leds where working fine ingame with CSW2.5 but now with the DD1 they are not working. Also reinstalled fanaleds and mijn firmware is up to date (when testing in the fanatec driver software they work).

And Forza Horizon 4 doesn't recognize my DD1, other games (assetto corsa) are fine. Anyone already tried a Forza game ?
    Had the same with Fanaleds v2.5g. It's not working at all anymore with all my games. Also the test mode in Fanaleds does nothing anymore.

Propably need to wait for an update of Fanaleds? to support the Podium base. With my old CSL base it still works.

I also tried SLImax and that one works. But I don't like it.
  • Tomaz HocevarTomaz Hocevar Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm a bit disappointed... I thought DD quick release would have zero flex. Anyone know if it's possible to get a longer safety screw? Originals that come with the wheels are to short. And yes i have tighten the rubber damper. No matter how much i tighten it, it still have some flex. Tried with 6 different wheels.

I also noticed the slight vibration. Guessing its normal since 3 of us have reported having it now. Would be nice if Fanatec visited this forum and helped answer some of these questions.
  • My pedals flipped the mapped axis again last night
  • Rotate left & right with the FunkySwitch doesn't work perfectly for me (tested on Formula rim, and 2 Universal Hub PC (discontinued)).
    It works sometimes as it should and sometimes I need several steps/click for it works :(

FYI I use the FunkySwitch rotation to navigate between blackboxes on iRacing.
  • that vibration is only when you start moving the wheel, even 0,1mm movement and it start with that tiny kind of vibration :) i think its normal because if you turn off all damper it rolls smooth like butter :D 

temporary i have solved that terrible noise problem, i just covered the PSU with the dd1 paket LOL :D :D :D   
    sound like a stupid idea but the psu dont even get warm so there is no real danger. that noise is extreme loud here, it hurts in my ears, so i needed to do something. im drummer in a band, so im not to sensible for noises but this high tone go directly into the brain HAHA :) 

after 2 days i can say i love the dd1 it performs super silent, smooth and strong like hulk :D  but the psu is fail, at least my one :(
  • if someone is interested in power consumption of the dd1 base...

off  =  0,5w

on =  11,7w

5nm stall =  49w

10nm stall = 105w

15nm stall = 192w    

• I'm a bit disappointed... I thought DD quick release would have zero flex. Anyone know if it's possible to get a longer safety screw? Originals that come with the wheels are to short. And yes i have tighten the rubber damper. No matter how much i tighten it, it still have some flex. Tried with 6 different wheels.
    There is a longer screw in the podium box.
  • I'm a bit disappointed... I thought DD quick release would have zero flex. Anyone know if it's possible to get a longer safety screw? Originals that come with the wheels are to short. And yes i have tighten the rubber damper. No matter how much i tighten it, it still have some flex. Tried with 6 different wheels.
    There is a longer screw in the podium box.
    It is only for simplified quick release system. It doesn't fit clubsport QR.
  • Has anyone hooked a DD up to the GT Omega Supreme rig?  I am coming from a T500 and while it has zero flex and mounting ability for Fanatec bases I need to know if this is too much weight and flex for my rig.  If so I might be looking at the 2.5.