Forza Motorsport 7 (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited June 2019 in Forza Motorsport
General Notes:
- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for Forza Motorsport 7 (PC). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that Forza Motorsport 7 uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and tracks, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- These settings are intended for players who want the most realistic driving experience possible with their Fanatec hardware in this game.

- 'Dashboard view' is recommended, to avoid the distraction of the limited steering animation.

- 'Steering' and 'Damage & Tyre Wear' should be set to 'Simulation' in the Difficulty Menu.

- Developer Turn 10 Studios published a useful article about the new force feedback system introduced in the December 2018 update: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360012736414-Wheel-Setup-and-Tuning

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™ (V2.5 Compatibility Mode)

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 50
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
NDP 25
NFR 3
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

In-Game Settings:
Steering Axis Invert: Off
Steering Axis Deadzone Inside: 0
Steering Axis Deadzone Outside: 100
Vibration Scale: 10
Force Feedback Scale: 100
Aligning Torque Scale: 105
Mechanical Trail Scale: 100
Pneumatic Trail Scale: 120
Road Feel Scale: 45
Load Sensitivity: 65
Wheel Damper Scale: 15
Centre Spring Scale: 20
Dynamic Damper Behaviour: 75
Steering Sensitivity: 100
Steering Linearity: 50

Podium Wheel Base DD2 (V2.5 Compatibility Mode)

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 50
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
NDP 25
NFR 3
BRF User Preference
FEI 100

In-Game Settings:
Aligning Torque Scale: 105
Wheel Damper Scale: 15
Centre Spring Scale: 20

ClubSport Wheel Base V2

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:
Aligning Torque Scale: 110
Wheel Damper Scale: 5
Centre Spring Scale: 15

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -02
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BRF User Preference
FEI 080

In-Game Settings:
Vibration Scale: 5
Road Feel Scale: 35
Load Sensitivity: 55
Wheel Damper Scale: 18
Dynamic Damper Behaviour: 60

CSL Elite Wheel Base

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 900
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI 003
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BRF User Preference
FEI 80

In-Game Settings:
Wheel Damper Scale: 5

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080 (shown as 108 on some displays)
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BRF User Preference
FEI 080

In-Game Settings:
Vibration Scale: 5
Road Feel Scale: 35
Load Sensitivity: 55
Wheel Damper Scale: 18
Dynamic Damper Behaviour: 60

Comments

• Hi!
    First of all — thanks for this thread! That's always a good thing to have a baseline from a developer.
    I'm using CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™. Forza 7 doesn't support natively this wheel. Only in V2 compatibility mode. So the question is — what mode do you guys used for this baseline?
    And I've tried your settings. And they feels way off. The steering wheel feels empty, there is almost no feedback or grip. Maybe there's some mistake?
    I've tried another games and corresponding settings from this thread — and they are completely fine!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Hi Yevgeniy,

Keep in mind these settings are prior to the latest couple of updates to the Forza FFB system, which introduced new tuning features and adjustments. You can try these settings below which I use on the CSW V2 and CSL that I really like. 

Normal Steering

All Deadzones 0 inside / 100 outside

VIB 20

FFB 100 (T10 recommends keeping this default and adjust per car ffb)

ATS 100

MTS 120

PTS 100

RFS 20

LoadSens 80

WDS 25

CSS 20

DDB 100 ( I leave this as the wheel gets too light when lowered)

WHEEL 720

Steering Linearity 50

CSW (driver/firmware 330)

SEN 720

FFB 90

SHO 100

ABS 85

DRI Off

BRF 50

MPS Auto  
  • Hi Joseph.
    These settings are FOR the latest update. Aligning Torque Scale, Mechanical Trail Scale and Pneumatic Trail Scale was added in February Forza 7 update. So these settings can't be prior to this update. And they are definitely should be fixed.
  • i have the uni hub on pc
    how do i set the DD1 to V2.5 Compatibility Mode? i can set to xbox or pc.
    thanks 
    i have the uni hub on pc
    how do i set the DD1 to V2.5 Compatibility Mode? i can set to xbox or pc.
    thanks 
    You should be able to cycle modes until you see "Comp V2.5" on the upper left corner of the wheel base display. Have you done the updates?
  • thanks
    i got pushing the buttons and finally got it.

anyone found good settings.
    with The setting Dom has  im not getting a good FFB feel and wheel is real light.
    i rased the center spring to 40 its alot better but not sure if thats the right way to do it
    Good to hear. Try the in-game settings I posted above as a base reference and tweak your DD settings.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Hi folks, as I explained in the Xbox thread, I've revised all settings, it was a data entry error on my part. It should feel much better now! Apologies for the confusion.
  • Hi folks, as I explained in the Xbox thread, I've revised all settings, it was a data entry error on my part. It should feel much better now! Apologies for the confusion.
    Thank you Dominic!
    What mode do you used for these settings? V2 compatibility (purple) mode?
  • Bought and binned as useless!
    Then I found this thread and I'm actually enjoying the game. Thank you!
  • I'm getting no vibration or forces in this game so won't open a thread. I'm using 347 drivers/firmware.
  • I need help. I have a DD2 and the BMW wheel. I downloaded Forza 7 for PC and the game starts on my computer. Nothing works. So I ordered and just received the F1 Xbox specific wheel and still nothing works. I set the wheel to Comp V2.5 mode and I get steering only. No pedals. What am I doing wrong??

• Do any of the above settings apply well to a CSR Elite Wheel (the old Forza XBox 360 one ;)?

If not, does anyone know good setting?

thanks!

• Hey guys. I am a PC user, have a CSW 2.5 and a Formula Carbon wheel. Using the latest firmware and I cant get any force feedback. Any ideas? Everything is freshly installed and updated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Ok, I’ve answered my own question here. I uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers and firmware (for a second time) and also installed the current Fanalab software and suddenly everything works perfectly. It takes a bit of time but solved all the issues.

• Hello. I was postponing this guy forever but not that it reached end of life thought I’d give it a shot.

Owner of CSL Elite base PS4. So, does the game only work in compatibility mode? If so, do you select fanatec CSL from the in game settings?

have you found any good settings after all? Can you please share?

• Any updates on recommended settings for the CSL DD? Recommendations for Xbox version would be most welcome, too.

• I'm looking for settings as well, but more importantly, I'm beginning to dial this thing in for myself. I need to find all of FM7's FFB settings explanations. That will help a lot in tuning the game to my liking. The descriptions do not expand on the PC version, so you're given the beginning of what each setting does.

• Gregg DomainGregg Domain Member
    edited August 2021

Lol they don't expand on the Xbox version, either! I can't believe that after all the updates that game received over its lifetime, that no one saw fit to fix that.

I'll probably sit down either tomorrow or the next day and start fiddling to try and get some settings dialed in. The annoying thing is, settings don't seem to directly translate across Xbox/PC versions of the game, which really threw me for a loop with my old 911 GT2 wheel. I'm hoping it'll be different with settings for the CSL DD, but I'm not holding my breath.

Btw, this link was posted at the top of this thread, but it's probably worth repeating:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360012736414-Wheel-Setup-and-Tuning

• Thanks for that Gregg. I was about to try and find those descriptions again.

I don't think the CSL DD's settings will translate across platforms either. I wonder why though? When I tried using Drive Hub (before I had all the parts for my first gaming PC) AC felt largely similar. That was vanilla un-modded AC on PC vs the Xbox version. IIRC I liked the way AC felt on the Xbox initially. It took some mods and some file edits to get AC feeling better than the XB version. After that I didn't look back.

FM7 had a night and day difference from what I remember. The PC felt stronger and had more detail. I chalked that up to running FM7 Natively on the PC and using Drive Hub to mimic a Logitech G920, on Xbox. I did notice that a lot of the FFB settings on the console weren't there. That made no sense to me, but I didn't dwell on it. After the PC was finished, I migrated all of my play time away from the XB1. The only time I turn the XB1 on these days, is to watch something on Crunchy Roll, or to play Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers or VF5 Final Round. I've uninstalled all the racing titles I had on the system too. The console is relegated to family room duties. LOL

• Yeah I'm in the process of doing largely the same. I just got tired of not being able to use all of the buttons on my wheel. I still plan on playing the Dirt titles on xbox, since I don't need all the buttons (and I don't feel like re-purchasing the PC versions because I'm cheap).

Basically, other than Dirt, anything non-driving will be on the Xbox for the foreseeable future. I still have a huge backlog of games, and have a lot of friends on the platform. Also, I use my gaming PC while sitting on my couch, so it's not so easy to use a mouse & keyboard for things like FPS's and such. (I know...I'm one of those weirdos who don't mind using a gamepad for FPS's.) 😉🤷‍♂️

Interesting that you found FM7 felt better on PC than xbox. My experience was the exact opposite. I also had a Drivehub, and used it with a 911 GT2 wheel (also emulating the G920). I got it feeling pretty good on xbox, and those same settings transferred to the pc version were undriveable. I guess this probably could just be that I didn't spend enough time trying to dial things in, as I only recently got my gaming PC and about a week later, I got my CSL DD. I figured why beat my head against the wall trying to figure out settings for a wheel that I won't be using for much longer. Now I can beat my head against the wall trying to figure out settings for the new wheel! 😁🤔😖

• Gregg DomainGregg Domain Member
    edited September 2021

These are the settings I've managed to come up with for the CSL DD (5nm) after a few hours of testing:

FM7 PC (CMP MODE, as PC mode is not recognized) 

Wheel Settings:

SEN 900

FF 100

FFS PEAK

NDP 50

NFR 25

NIN OFF

INT 4

FEI 80

FOR 100

SPR 100

DPR 100

BLI 80

SHO 100

MPS AUTO

Game Settings: 

(Normal Steering)

Vibration Scale 5

Force Feedback Scale 100

Aligning Torque Scale 110

Mechanical Trail Scale 100

Pneumatic Trail Scale 120

Road Feel Scale 100

Load Sensitivity 55

Wheel Damper Scale 18

Center Spring Scale 15

Dynamic Damper Behavior 60

Steering Sensitivity 100

Steering Linearity 50

Invert FFB OFF 

Use Gamepad Steering Filters OFF

This feels pretty good to me as-is for most cars, but for things like LMPs or open-wheelers, I found that going into the car-specific settings and reducing the steering lock from 100 to 80 felt good and made them just that bit more responsive without being twitchy.

• Hello @all,

I wanted to start today since a long time again Forza Motorsport 7 with my Fanatec DD1 + Formula V2 Wheel configure.

In the past (a few months) I still played with gamepad.

First of all, my DD1 Base + Wheel works fine in other games like Race Room, AC & ACC.

Now I have the problem that I can not assign buttons in FM7.

Means I can click change, but then automatically assigned a button without me pressing anything on the wheel.

This happens with every assignment. It is always set automatically. I also don't have a keyboard on the wheel that hangs or is automatically pressed. If I turn off the base DD1 nothing is automatically assigned.

I have restarted the game several times, but nothing changes.

Do you have any idea why the assignment is automatic, although nothing is pressed?

Thank you!

Best regards, Thomas

• Sorry, I have read over the V2.5 Compatibility Mode. With this it works now.

• Anthony GarigAnthony Garig Member
    edited September 2021

Can we get this updated with "official" CSL DD settings?

Thx!

• William OtisWilliam Otis Member
    edited October 2021

For my CSL-DD, I had to drop the Natural damper to 0. The wheel was too sluggish when it came to drifting and quick inputs. I'm still trying to find game FFB settings that work for me. I know that I am not running either of the dampers and the center spring is a lot higher than what you've posted. These settings were a great place to start, but after experimenting the wheel is getting closer to suiting my tastes.

Here's my settings...

Fanatec CSL-DD

SEN 900

FF 100

FFS PEA

NDP OFF

NFR OFF

NIN OFF

INT 11

FEI 100

FOR 100

SPR 100

DPR 100

BLI OFF

SHO 100

BRF 70 (Fanatec CSLE-LC Pedals 95 Shure elastomer spring installed)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Forza Motorsport 7 PC

Preferred steering - Simulation.

VIB - 15

FFB - 100

ALIGN - 100

M TRAIL - 75

P TRAIL - 150

ROAD - 25

LOAD SEN - 80

WHEEL DPR - 0

C. SPRING - 100

DYN DPR - 0

STEER SEN - 100

STEER LIN - 50

INV FFB - OFF

G. PAD FLTR - OFF

For now I am looking at getting rid of on center oscillations. That's probably the Dynamic damper settings, so I am going to see if that fixes it. On the wheel side, I am pretty happy with the way the CSL-DD is performing with FM7. Is there a way to add FM7 to Fanalab? If so I am all ears.

• I don't do any drifting, so yeah, if that's your thing, my settings probably won't be ideal.

Only way to add FM7 to Fanalab (as far as I'm aware) is to just save the settings as a preset under a different existing title. In my case, Assetto Corsa is the catch-all for all of my oddball unlisted games.

• Thanks Gregg, I didn't think of doing that. There are plenty of old titles I do not own and probably would never purchase. I'll give it a shot.

• Would someone have some good updated settings for DD1 for newer driver versions?

• Jean MarthJean Marth Member
    edited October 2023

Sorry wrong thread haven't seen that it is for the old FM7 ... comment can be deleted.