Podium DD unboxing - The wait is over

Comments

• edited May 2019
    A happy aussie here, finally got my PS4 DD today, but still waiting for my DD2......but that should be next week.....

• Finally the DD2 arrived today, thanks Fanatec team for the great work, the wait since July was very hard, but it was worth it. Now it's time to enjoy it
  • So the DD made it to me this monday. Looks like the podium software is already 2 days overdue, although we were promised it would make it for the 4/30 release date.:(
  • Be thankful you have the wheel
  • So the DD made it to me this monday. Looks like the podium software is already 2 days overdue, although we were promised it would make it for the 4/30 release date.:(
    Some people just find a way to whine and be disappointed in anything, always. You have one of the best direct drive bases on the planet to enjoy and you still am disapponted because they "promised" a software to you that is now two days "late". Wow. 
  • edited May 2019
    Today is no more holiday in Germany, settled near Cologne and waitin and waitin and waitin, Auction Winner are of no or less interest it seems, no email, no info, no answer, they are gone with my money ?

• Fanatec - can you please give an update to those of us in the States still waiting on Podium DD1/DD2? I was under the impression that all pre-orders would be delivered by April 30th? Did I misunderstand this or is there now another delay? 

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide. 
  • Fanatec - can you please give an update to those of us in the States still waiting on Podium DD1/DD2? I was under the impression that all pre-orders would be delivered by April 30th? Did I misunderstand this or is there now another delay? 

glad to know I’m not alone here,some info is necessary
  • Please !!
    You can already get something like this called the Precision Sim Engineering GPX Wheel, but it is more expensive then a Fanatec DD2 + CS F1 2019 wheel combined!

I don't think PC games will support the +1/-1 buttons linked to the mapping centre dial, which is why no other sim wheels on the market support a feature like this.

I am happy with the current F1 2018 wheel, but I would love an extra set or two sets of rotaries build into the wheel + a screen that can be configured like a Tablet's display.

As Fanatec use a wireless power system for the wheels, I am not sure if they generate enough power to power the wheel + vibrations + a display like this without some sort of additional chargeable battery pack to power the display & possibly give it Wifi connection rather than being driven through the wheel base.

It is easier at the end of the day to just use an old Samsung phone as a display sitting on your wheel base.
  • Anyone having problems with the podium ps4/pc on project cars 2 it keeps getting disconnected all the time while on pc it's working fine???
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Today is no more holiday in Germany, settled near Cologne and waitin and waitin and waitin, Auction Winner are of no or less interest it seems, no email, no info, no answer, they are gone with my money ?

I have sent you a PM Frank.

Fanatec - can you please give an update to those of us in the States still waiting on Podium DD1/DD2? I was under the impression that all pre-orders would be delivered by April 30th? Did I misunderstand this or is there now another delay? 

Hi Andy, the plan was to ship all pre-orders by April 30th. If you have not received any information about your order, please contact our sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com.

Anyone having problems with the podium ps4/pc on project cars 2 it keeps getting disconnected all the time while on pc it's working fine???
    Are you running in COMP PS4 mode? Please check our recommended settings in the Racing Sim section of the forum: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/Racing_Sims_Racing_Games
  • Andy MillerAndy Miller Member
    edited May 2019
    "Hi Andy, the plan was to ship all pre-orders by April 30th. If you have not received any information about your order, please contact our sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com."

Hi Dominic - Thank you for your reply. I have reached out multiple times now and still awaiting a response. Hopefully will get word back soon.

• I have issue with the McLaren GT3 wheel. When I connect rim to base, it did not detect the wheel. All I see is repeatedly flashing message on base screen "ATTENTION: Enable torque?" and I cannot do anything. No buttons are working, rim is not detected in Fanatec drivers on PC at all. Wheel is brand new. First time use. I will probably need to make a claim and send it to Fanatec to replace unit.
  • "Hi Andy, the plan was to ship all pre-orders by April 30th. If you have not received any information about your order, please contact our sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com."

Hi Dominic - Thank you for your reply. I have reached out multiple times now and still awaiting a response. Hopefully will get word back soon.

"Hi Andy, the plan was to ship all pre-orders by April 30th. If you have not received any information about your order, please contact our sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com."

I have issue with the McLaren GT3 wheel. When I connect rim to base, it did not detect the wheel. All I see is repeatedly flashing message on base screen "ATTENTION: Enable torque?" and I cannot do anything. No buttons are working, rim is not detected in Fanatec drivers on PC at all. Wheel is brand new. First time use. I will probably need to make a claim and send it to Fanatec to replace unit.

finally got a reply from someone at the web shop my order will be shipped on Monday
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Good to hear it’s on it’s way Darius. You will love it.
  • Well I have just spent my first two hours ever driving with a DD wheel. What are my impressions so far? It is dead quiet no rattling like I was used to with my t500, the only sound I heard was a fan cutting in and out at times. The speed, this wheel is so quick to respond to your inputs, it is instantaneous. I never thought I had any lag with my t500 but after using the dd1 tonight I have realised I had massive lag. Tonight I was able to manipulate the car into spots I have not been able to before, it is so precise, I felt like I was on the edge of losing the MCR 2000 in rfactor 2 on every turn in and exit but was able to catch it at all times, that would not have been possible with my t500. It is so smooth as well, I guess there is some resistance or friction with belt drives but not this thing. The quick release works fine as well, I have seen guys mention it being loose or hard to get on properly but I found it to work perfectly on the few occasions I put my rim on and off. There is a bit of a learning curve moving to fanatec but wow, I could not be more impressed with my initial feelings on this kit. Now I just have to wait until my two advanced shifter modules to turn up to finish off my wheel update. The combination of the heusinkveld sprints and the dd1 are a match made in heaven for me, have not enjoyed Sim racing as much as I did tonight for a long long time. I feel that it is possible that the response time of the wheel will make you quicker too in the ability to rotate the car in and out of corners. To me the difference from going from a mid range belt drive to a DD is like going from a goon bag (cask wine) to champagne. If you can afford it I would advise you not to hesitate in going the DD route. If you can't afford it....then start saving!
  • edited May 2019
    Well I have just spent my first two hours ever driving with a DD wheel. What are my impressions so far? It is dead quiet no rattling like I was used to with my t500, the only sound I heard was a fan cutting in and out at times. The speed, this wheel is so quick to respond to your inputs, it is instantaneous. I never thought I had any lag with my t500 but after using the dd1 tonight I have realised I had massive lag. Tonight I was able to manipulate the car into spots I have not been able to before, it is so precise, I felt like I was on the edge of losing the MCR 2000 in rfactor 2 on every turn in and exit but was able to catch it at all times, that would not have been possible with my t500. It is so smooth as well, I guess there is some resistance or friction with belt drives but not this thing. The quick release works fine as well, I have seen guys mention it being loose or hard to get on properly but I found it to work perfectly on the few occasions I put my rim on and off. There is a bit of a learning curve moving to fanatec but wow, I could not be more impressed with my initial feelings on this kit. Now I just have to wait until my two advanced shifter modules to turn up to finish off my wheel update. The combination of the heusinkveld sprints and the dd1 are a match made in heaven for me, have not enjoyed Sim racing as much as I did tonight for a long long time. I feel that it is possible that the response time of the wheel will make you quicker too in the ability to rotate the car in and out of corners. To me the difference from going from a mid range belt drive to a DD is like going from a goon bag (cask wine) to champagne. If you can afford it I would advise you not to hesitate in going the DD route. If you can't afford it....then start saving!

What Paul said!
  • Well I have just spent my first two hours ever driving with a DD wheel. What are my impressions so far? It is dead quiet no rattling like I was used to with my t500, the only sound I heard was a fan cutting in and out at times. The speed, this wheel is so quick to respond to your inputs, it is instantaneous. I never thought I had any lag with my t500 but after using the dd1 tonight I have realised I had massive lag. Tonight I was able to manipulate the car into spots I have not been able to before, it is so precise, I felt like I was on the edge of losing the MCR 2000 in rfactor 2 on every turn in and exit but was able to catch it at all times, that would not have been possible with my t500. It is so smooth as well, I guess there is some resistance or friction with belt drives but not this thing. The quick release works fine as well, I have seen guys mention it being loose or hard to get on properly but I found it to work perfectly on the few occasions I put my rim on and off. There is a bit of a learning curve moving to fanatec but wow, I could not be more impressed with my initial feelings on this kit. Now I just have to wait until my two advanced shifter modules to turn up to finish off my wheel update. The combination of the heusinkveld sprints and the dd1 are a match made in heaven for me, have not enjoyed Sim racing as much as I did tonight for a long long time. I feel that it is possible that the response time of the wheel will make you quicker too in the ability to rotate the car in and out of corners. To me the difference from going from a mid range belt drive to a DD is like going from a goon bag (cask wine) to champagne. If you can afford it I would advise you not to hesitate in going the DD route. If you can't afford it....then start saving!
    i have the exact same setup that you have heusinkveld sprind with dd1 and i agree with every word you said
  • Good stuff guys, I feel like a kid in a lolly shop with this thing, lol.

I wanted some heusinkvelds too, but haven't found any for sale since last December...... got sick of waiting and bought some v3's instead to go along with my DD1, very happy with that combination too. ;)
  • I believe they are hard to get but I must have been lucky as I was able to get some within 3 weeks of deciding I wanted them.
  • I believe they are hard to get but I must have been lucky as I was able to get some within 3 weeks of deciding I wanted them.
    Ditto, Demon Tweeks  :!!
  • WOW!!!!

My life has seen me behind two wheels before this...T500>T300>DD1 PS4. T500 was like my '95 Neon with a wrecked suspension, it worked but I feared for my wife when she drove it. The T300 was an improvement in fidelity, but a loss in power, my 08 Jeep feels comparable. The DD1 is like when I drove a friends Ferrari! This wheel is a drivers dream!

The fidelity that lets me feel the weight shift is saving me from horrible braking/turning point decisions:) Though the wheel is strong, driving feels more effortless as the wheel helps to reset the car in a natural way that doesn't require counter steering. It's so amazing that the overall experience is almost indescribable.

I'm using T3PA pros with a loadcell and dampers on each pedal thru the drivehub. My pedals even feel better than they did with the TM wheels and I'm having a hard time locking up on hard braking, that's a good thing! I'm super anxious to get some V3 pedals so that I can connect direct to PS4 and have the fully compatible experience, but this is great for now!

Last night, I had decent practiice times at The RIng, 137.713, but blew it in quali, started 19th/last and finished 18th. Not my best, but I'm driving a new car, it'll take a race or two...

Good luck and goooo get em!
  • WOW!!!!

My life has seen me behind two wheels before this...T500>T300>DD1 PS4. T500 was like my '95 Neon with a wrecked suspension, it worked but I feared for my wife when she drove it. The T300 was an improvement in fidelity, but a loss in power, my 08 Jeep feels comparable. The DD1 is like when I drove a friends Ferrari! This wheel is a drivers dream!

The fidelity that lets me feel the weight shift is saving me from horrible braking/turning point decisions:) Though the wheel is strong, driving feels more effortless as the wheel helps to reset the car in a natural way that doesn't require counter steering. It's so amazing that the overall experience is almost indescribable.

I'm using T3PA pros with a loadcell and dampers on each pedal thru the drivehub. My pedals even feel better than they did with the TM wheels and I'm having a hard time locking up on hard braking, that's a good thing! I'm super anxious to get some V3 pedals so that I can connect direct to PS4 and have the fully compatible experience, but this is great for now!

Last night, I had decent practiice times at The RIng, 137.713, but blew it in quali, started 19th/last and finished 18th. Not my best, but I'm driving a new car, it'll take a race or two...

Hang on a minute bro...You can use your T3PA on your PS4 with the drivehub?
  • WOW!!!!

CONFIRMED!!! It works with rev lights in COMP PS4 mode with GT Sport. I haven't tried PC2 yet. I just dl'd the new driver this morning and will test shortly. I did notice A TON of oscillation because I screwed up by changing modes on the base while the ps4 and drivehub were all on. You have to put the wheel/base in PS4 comp mode first, then power down, then connect to drivehub and ps4, then power up the ps4, then power up the wheel. That procedure works perfectly and feels like the wheel should, I imagine.

Now I can save for the rumored Podium Pedals.

On a side note, I strained a damn right oblique abdominal muscle using the wheel last night! Default settings are STRONG with the torque key in.
  • WOW!!!!

CONFIRMED!!! It works with rev lights in COMP PS4 mode with GT Sport. I haven't tried PC2 yet. I just dl'd the new driver this morning and will test shortly. I did notice A TON of oscillation because I screwed up by changing modes on the base while the ps4 and drivehub were all on. You have to put the wheel/base in PS4 comp mode first, then power down, then connect to drivehub and ps4, then power up the ps4, then power up the wheel. That procedure works perfectly and feels like the wheel should, I imagine.

Now I can save for the rumored Podium Pedals.

On a side note, I strained a damn right oblique abdominal muscle using the wheel last night! Default settings are STRONG with the torque key in.
    Funny you should say that, I'm rediscovering muscles I've forgotten I had......lol. The DD1 + rFactor2 certainly gives you a good workout.
  • Hang on a minute bro...You can use your T3PA on your PS4 with the drivehub?
    Update: I needed to apply 20% deadzone to the top of the brake pedal. The drivehub seems to run the pedals at a higher resolution than before. The gas is very responsive, while the brake required a lot more pressure for full braking power. This was allowing only 50-75% braking power. With the deadzone applied on the brake, I should do a bit better in tomorrows races. FYI, the pedal deadzone and calibration is done using the T.RJ12 to USB Adapter software from the TM site.
  • Hang on a minute bro...You can use your T3PA on your PS4 with the drivehub?
    Update: I needed to apply 20% deadzone to the top of the brake pedal. The drivehub seems to run the pedals at a higher resolution than before. The gas is very responsive, while the brake required a lot more pressure for full braking power. This was allowing only 50-75% braking power. With the deadzone applied on the brake, I should do a bit better in tomorrows races. FYI, the pedal deadzone and calibration is done using the T.RJ12 to USB Adapter software from the TM site.
    I've ordered a DD PS4 and will soon order the Clubsport Pedals V3 anyway but thanks for the feedback.
  • edited June 2019
    GTS Update 1.39
    Finally gear and speed indicator is working in GTS. That took quite a long time to implement. Thank you Polyphony and Fanatec.