Please help us to find the right name for our new software package UPDATE Please Vote!

Comments

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Thomas Jackermeier: "The name should be innovative and unique."

Also Thomas Jackermeier: *takes 'Control Center' into the poll*
    You are right. I actually regret that now. But it looks like people really like rather boring names.
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited May 2019
    It's not too late to take it off the list Thomas. It's your baby, after all... and 'Control Center' is a really dull, utilitarian and utterly generic name. It's like calling an amazing new model of sports car 'The CAR'.   :-/

Also, even though 'Control Center' is currently the front runner in the poll, at this time, there are only 32 people who have actually voted for it – so you wouldn't actually be disappointing that many people if you removed it as an option.
  • edited May 2019

KeepTuning

TweakIt!

TweekMe!

TuneIt!

TuneMe!

FunnyTweak

FunkyTweak

FunTuning

Tweeky Stardust

Enjoy2Tune

CoolTool

CoolTune

ToolRoom

FunnyTech

PitPit!

TweakTweak!

SpeedyTune

BehindTheWheel

CoDriver

DirectDrivesMeCrazy

EDIT: Oops! Didn't see there is actually a vote now... hahaha my mistake ;)

• Podium Control Center PCC
  • It's not too late to take it off the list Thomas. It's your baby, after all... and 'Control Center' is a really dull, utilitarian and utterly generic name. It's like calling an amazing new model of sports car 'The CAR'.   :-/

Also even though 'Control Center' is currently the front runner in the poll, at this time, only 32 people who have actually voted for it – so you wouldn't actually be disappointing that many people if you removed it as an option.
    Totally agree with you, you can not put an improper name for a few votes. Thomas you should select 3 possible imnovative names and with those perform the voting
  • dont understand wy people vote for control center its nothing special. i voted for FanaLab  sounds alot better 

• Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited May 2019
    The winner should get something, but hopefully they don't feel bound to name it "control center". I kinda liked Fanaware myself, it should just be something more unique than control center.
  • FanaBase
  • Torben JensenTorben Jensen Member
    edited May 2019
    Actually I rather liked Base Commander ;) but it didn't make the list so now I am just hoping the software will be ready by the time the DD1 gets past Canada customs. -sigh-

• simply " RACE "
  • Yeah, kinda wished I never went for the whole "innovative and unique" approach now.. and just thought up some boring generic terms along with some that sound like other products :P  Even so... don't care what the name is, so long as it's an awesome / useful app.
  • Steven WrightSteven Wright Member
    edited May 2019
    Thomas Jackermeier: "The name should be innovative and unique."

You are right. I actually regret that now. But it looks like people really like rather boring names.
    Never heard of Boaty McBoatFace or Trainy McTrainFace
    That's the internet for you.  I daren't type what name came to mind in relation to that, but it probably would have won, if it was purely down to a community vote. :P
  • Mercury Revolution
  • FGV1 (Fanatec Garage Version 1)

Fanatec Pit Stop
  • Fanatec Turbo Firmware
  • Fanatec Strawberry Firmware.......... innovative and unusual. :D
  • Control center is a bit boring tbh, not really innovative or unique. But fair play, its the way the votes are landing..
  • The Cube... In respect of the general format of the DD1/DD2.
  • Thomas Jackermeier: "The name should be innovative and unique."

I think that the problem of the survey is: Fanalab and fanaware (and even Fanatune) are very close and share the same audience, so Control center wins against Fanalab but not against Fanalab + Fanaware :))

I think too that Fanatec is on a good mood and deserve a better name, especially
    to reflect the innovation of the podium range !
  • Control Center all the way, dont go for one of those cringy ones. Keep it simple, i like my DD2, release the Beta and quit promesing things that wont happen.
  • Fanatec Control Center Fanatec Advanced Setup
  • bonjour sinon la sortie était prevu le 30/04/2019... Et on Et le 07/05/2019 toujours rien pensez vous que sa va etre comme la base dd .. Et reporté à 5 mois ?
  • where is the software? where is the side mounting brackets? where is the kill switch? 

You gave the impression this would all release at the end of april .......
  • edited May 2019
    Fanatec Typhoon or Fanatec Archimedes Suite
  • Direct-Experience
  • F1 S= Fanatec 1 Stop
  • Fanatec  Nalogec
  • Is there a new release date yet??
  • edited May 2019
    The toolbox,  toolbox or Fanatec toolbox
    fanatec performence
    Performence center
    FanaControlWare
    ControlLogistics
    ControlTec
    PreRace
    PreRaceWare
    PreRaceLane
    PreRaceSupport
    PreRaceCenter
    PreRaceLab
    PreRaceTec
    PreRaceFanatec

extra options :)
  • edited May 2019
    The toolbox,  toolbox or Fanatec toolbox
    fanatec performence
    Performence center
    FanaControlWare
    ControlLogistics
    ControlTec
    PreRace
    PreRaceWare
    PreRaceLane
    PreRaceSupport
    PreRaceCenter
    PreRaceLab
    PreRaceTec
    PreRaceFanatec

extra options :)
    it seems i have 2 accounts, that one and this one. Asume it doenst matter but (just in case, its both me :) ) in this account im a buying customer and in the other one im not. If the accounts could be combined into 1 it would be ok to.