DD! Firmware not updatting correctly

Comments

• Bill KrauseBill Krause Member
    edited May 2019

• Where is the issue? The update was successful as you can read in the updater.
    edited May 2019
    Currently when I open the the Game Controllers window and select FANATEC Podium Wheel Base DD1 properties the interface looks like attached.  When I test for wheel buttons and pedals all looks good.  However when I test FFB test nothing happens.

The OLED display says "ATTENTION Enable torque?" 

When I search on "torque" in the DD! manual the search finds nothing on enabling torque.

When I do a test in iRacing and configure the controls I get no force feedback.

• Initial post should have looked as follows:

After I installed the DD1 to the system electrically.  Meaning power and USB with pedals connect to the base and Mclaren wheel attached.  I was able to get to the FANATEC Podium Wheel Base DD1 in the Game Controllers window.  Initially I was able to select one of the two FANATEC Podium Wheel Base DD1 and select the properties button.  I was greeted with my Mclaren wheel that I was able to verify that all of the buttons worked.  I was also able to verify that the brake and throttle were also working.  When I went to the driver tab I was informed that the driver needed updating which I completed.  The windowed instructed to center the wheel and or shifter which I do not have.  I "X" the update window and observed that the wheel was in Cal I pressed the two buttons together but the white light would not extinguish.  I rebooted the system.

Now when I go to the Game Controllers window and select FANATEC Podium Wheel Base DD1 properties the interface is different as shown in the attached image.  It claims my DD1 firmware is not the latest one.  So I select the yes button to update now.  Then I get the FANATEC Firmware Updater and Flash the Firmware to the default.  I Then get a Podium Direct Drive 1 warning window.  I do those steps and then nothing is corrected.  I do the "Motor Sensor Calibration" with the wheel off and it turns one way then the other.  The display says it is complete. Then the display on the base has "Caution Torque Key Inserted Please read the manuals safety guidlines before use."  I do those steps and then nothing is corrected.

PC Driver: 334
    Wheel Base Firmware: 651
    Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 29
    Steering Wheel Firmware 30
  • Well, the display tells you what to do. It asks you if you want to enable Torque. So you have to accept this dialog by pressing the Xbox button (or alternatively the D-Pad in). Then the FFB will work.
    edited May 2019
    Well, the display tells you what to do. It asks you if you want to enable Torque. So you have to accept this dialog by pressing the Xbox button (or alternatively the D-Pad in). Then the FFB will work.
    The display does not "tell" anything.  The display asks a question "ATTENTION Enable torque?" with "OK" underneath.  Where is this documented.  Not in the DD1 manual.  So don't act so high and mighty.
  • In the end, just press the button to engage the OK button and everything is working just fine and you will be able to enjoy full FFB glory :)
  • In the end, just press the button to engage the OK button and everything is working just fine and you will be able to enjoy full FFB glory :)
    It is amazing how FANATEC will never admit they are wrong.  That is not documented.

Well unfortunately I live with Tweeter Dumb the USA National Idiot so I'm use to those who don't admit that they are wrong.
    It is amazing how FANATEC will never admit they are wrong.  That is not documented.

Well unfortunately I live with Tweeter Dumb the USA National Idiot so I'm use to those who don't admit that they are wrong.
    Well, you are the only one ever who did not pressed the OK button as this is the first and only report of this "issue". Maybe you can contact the support to give them an improvement suggestion to add something like "press OK button" or something like this in addition to the screen message. Anyway, now enjoy your DD with amazing FFB :)

• Well, you are the only one ever who did not pressed the OK button as this is the first and only report of this "issue". Maybe you can contact the support to give them an improvement suggestion to add something like "press OK button" or something like this in addition to the screen message. Anyway, now enjoy your DD with amazing FFB :)
    Again no OK button documented in the Mclaren or the DD1 document.  I had to post on the forum because "support" did not even respond with a message that they even got the two reports I sent them. 

So it would be asinine to suggest they add "press OK button" when FANATEC has never established that an OK button is part of their equipment.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Bill Krause said:
    Again no OK button documented in the Mclaren or the DD1 document.  I had to post on the forum because "support" did not even respond with a message that they even got the two reports I sent them. 

So it would be asinine to suggest they add "press OK button" when FANATEC has never established that an OK button is part of their equipment.
    You make a fair point Bill. I'll see if the Podium manuals can be adjusted with this information.