DD2 motor permanently for DD1

Comments

• So please, when is the control software going to be available ?
    i want to buy a DD wheelbase, but a tad concerned about the availability of the software, or lack of it thus far ?
    All I can say is 'soon'. We could launch it now but we're holding back for polish and stability reasons. It's important to stress that our direct drive system is unlike many of the other solutions on the market, where the out-of-the-box experience is plug and play, and the default behaviour and 'feel' is already very well dialled in. Plus, there is the advantage of the Tuning Menu, which allows you to tune the FFB while you drive, including advanced sliders like Natural Damper and Natural Friction. In other words, the new software is not necessary to get a huge amount of enjoyment from the hardware already (indeed, the software is not functional on console, and the Podium Series is easily the highest performance and best feeling force feedback system for both Xbox One and PS4.
    Thanks for clearing that up, i'll be playing on PC only in June so it would seem when my pre order is due (",)
  • I put my pre-order in. It cleared my payment even though the website flagged fraud department?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Carl Lam said:
    I put my pre-order in. It cleared my payment even though the website flagged fraud department?
    If you have any queries about your order please send an email to webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com.
  • If order a DD1 Before May 7th, when will it be shipped?
    Should be the 14th of June if my understanding is correct.
  • edited May 2019
    If order a DD1 Before May 7th, when will it be shipped?
    I thought so to but it now says 16:th of August :(
    Because the second batch of DD1 seems to be sold out and now the new date is for 3rd batch.

Oh God you're right!!
  • edited May 2019
    Oh Wow. Hopefully I was fast enough for the second batch. Ordered and payed on friday.
    At this time, there was the dilivery date on 14.06.
  • I have pre-ordered the podium for the ps4 today. my question is whether the change to dd2 still applies or only if I order the more expensive price
  • The PS4 is the PS4 at 20Nm. Nothing has changed, nothing will change. If you want the DD2 with 25Nm order the DD2. It shouldn't be anymore confusing then that. All three share the same motor but are limited electronically based on what you purchase.
  • It should be pretty clear to anyone reading the first message in this thread, but articles like this (https://www.gtplanet.net/fanatec-podium-dd1-gets-bigger-motor-price-increase/) do not help those who are confused
  • Thanks Dominic, I've sent a message. There is nothing in my order history even though my credit card processed the $2250 charge. Hope you guys can sort this out sooner than later.

Carl Lam said:
    I put my pre-order in. It cleared my payment even though the website flagged fraud department?
    If you have any queries about your order please send an email to webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com.

Carl Lam said:
    Thanks Dominic, I've sent a message. There is nothing in my order history even though my credit card processed the $2250 charge. Hope you guys can sort this out sooner than later.
    I've sent you a PM Carl.
  • Carl LamCarl Lam Member
    edited May 2019
    Carl Lam said:
    Thanks Dominic, I've sent a message. There is nothing in my order history even though my credit card processed the $2250 charge. Hope you guys can sort this out sooner than later.
    I've sent you a PM Carl.
    Hi Dominic, I'm sorry I'm still new to the forums but I don't see any messages in my inbox. Mind pointing me where to read your PM?  In the meantime, I will send you a direct message. I have also sent an email to the webshop email address describing how my payment went through but there being no order history but haven't heard back yet from those folks. Thanks
  • edited May 2019
    Just have the DD2 motor as the only motor for this generation of product's and have the''DD2'' wheel base be more like a carbon edition. It would make it alot easier to understand the product line. :)
  • I really don't get the problem that people have with the fact, that the DD2 is a DD2 just because of unrestricted electronics, carbon-covers and extra equipment. Where's the problem with the names DD1/DD2 although they have the same motor? It wasn't planned this way but there are still differences and DD2 has more power output, so...
    Carl Lam said:
    Hi Dominic, I'm sorry I'm still new to the forums but I don't see any messages in my inbox. Mind pointing me where to read your PM?  In the meantime, I will send you a direct message. I have also sent an email to the webshop email address describing how my payment went through but there being no order history but haven't heard back yet from those folks. Thanks
    Hi Carl,

I made an adjustment, you should have a message in your inbox now.

Dom
  • Now i understand. Im so exciting
  • Guten Morgen,
    ich wollte gerade das Fanatec DD1 Wheel für 999,- Euro vorbestellen, leider ist dies nicht möglich ich bekomme immer
    folgende Fehlermeldung: object Object error.

Eine Vorbestellung ist somit leider nicht möglich.

Bitte um kurze Info, wie eine Vorbestellung zu o.g. Preis noch möglich ist.

viele Grüße

• edited May 2019
    Guten Morgen,
    ich wollte gerade das Fanatec DD1 Wheel für 999,- Euro vorbestellen, leider ist dies nicht möglich ich bekomme immer
    folgende Fehlermeldung: object Object error.

Eine Vorbestellung ist somit leider nicht möglich.

Bitte um kurze Info, wie eine Vorbestellung zu o.g. Preis noch möglich ist.

viele Grüße

You need to select a warranty option in the drop down. It's a mandatory field and if not selected you get exactly your error message. Edit: oh nevermind, just tried it myself and it's indeed not working..
  • Hi I am trying to order now before the price increase takes effect, but the cart is down and I am unable to order.

It hasn't passed the time yet so just wondering if there will be some more grace period added to be able to purchase before price increase
    as I am unable to do that now.

• I wan't to order at the new price but the website isn't updated yet.
  • Just ordered mine,

I noticed however that on the Podium racing wheel PS4, even though you buy it as a package the 3 years warranty only applies on the base and not on the steering wheel...it's a bit chicky I think.
  • When will the Porsche GT3 R Podium wheel be available or the Magnetic Shifters , I have a DD1 sitting in a box and no wheel because I don’t want a F1 rim and not sure to get the universal hub when new shifters and button boxes may be available shortly
  • When will the Porsche GT3 R Podium wheel be available or the Magnetic Shifters , I have a DD1 sitting in a box and no wheel because I don’t want a F1 rim and not sure to get the universal hub when new shifters and button boxes may be available shortly
    I would recommend to order a wheel never the less, which one. As used Fanatec hardware has still a good value, it is no problem to sell it without a high loss. I personally don´t think the new Porsche rim will be available before end of year (waiting for it as well, but fortunately I have 5 different rims at home ;)). In the end you will have more than one wheel anyway, as you never can have enough of them :D
  • where is the software? where is the side mounting brackets? where is the kill switch? 

You gave the impression this would all release at the end of april .......
    where is the software? where is the side mounting brackets? where is the kill switch? 

You gave the impression this would all release at the end of april .......
    The mounting brackets and kill switch product pages will be online very soon. The software may take a little longer.
  • Hi I am trying to order now before the price increase takes effect, but the cart is down and I am unable to order.

It hasn't passed the time yet so just wondering if there will be some more grace period added to be able to purchase before price increase
    as I am unable to do that now.

Hey Andrew, I placed an order on Sunday and still don't have a confirmation from Endor's sales team yet. It takes a while for them to process and according to Fanatec's community manager, their team is really backlogged right now with new product launches (not that it's OK to delay current customers).  So I'm just patiently waiting for them to get to process my payment on the racing wheel. For you, I hope they honor your order or attempt to order at the price before the increase. Please keep us informed how things go for ya. Cheers!
  • Hi @Fanatec and all others.

Will the DD2 ever be compatible with the PS4 ?
    I drive mainly on the PC (V2.5) but also have a PS4 Pro (Thrustmaster T500).
    If not i order the Podium Racing Wheel F1 EU.
    One more question: Are the DD1 Base and the Podium Base for PS4 identical ?

Grettings Heinz Glanzer