DD2 motor permanently for DD1

Comments

• I'm just looking forward to the part. fanatec is a brilliant product.

• leon liu said:
    leon liu said:
    if donot use torque key, what value will the torque be locked?
    Hi Leon, I was told without the torque key it is limited to 10 Nm :)
    thank you for your reply.  
    dd1 is the same as dd2?
    The answer is in the very first post and about 500 others, including many in this thread.

How many times does everyone think the official Fanatec staff on the forum want to answer this question? It really isn't very hard to understand.

There is 1 one motor for all 3 bases.

The DD1 and PS4 models are configured for 20nm, the DD2 is configured for 25nm. That's the entire story.
    Ha! Couldn't agree more. I don't even own a Podium and I have a clear understanding of the differences and functionality of each model. If I was Fanatec staff I'd be tearing my hair out!
  • some people have nothing else todo or think about - i miss those times :-)
  • I think in this case Leon was asking about if the torque is the same between all the models when the torque key is removed, ie are they all limited to 10 Nm, or is the DD1/PS4 still 80% of the DD2.

I guess the only time this really matters would be if my children were wanting a turn, I would probably pull out the torque key.
  • leon liuleon liu Member
    edited May 2019
    Kustom said:
    I think in this case Leon was asking about if the torque is the same between all the models when the torque key is removed, ie are they all limited to 10 Nm, or is the DD1/PS4 still 80% of the DD2.

I guess the only time this really matters would be if my children were wanting a turn, I would probably pull out the torque key.
    yes, this is my question. I just want to know are they same in low torque mod without torque key. I know DD2 is about 10Nm

They didn't even look at the previous question. 
  • Carl Lam said:
    Can anyone comment on their purchase through this website if they've had a pending flag placed on their order? In this instance, I put the order in before the price bump, will Fanatec still honor the previous price if I have to re-try the order again?
    When I ordered my dd1 back in November even though it was paid it showed as pending for a couple of months I reckon. I contacted support and they said it was all good but I think they also then changed it to payment verified after that contact.
    Hey Paul, pending for a couple of months? Wow...who did you eventually have to get a hold of? I've tried their webstore e-mail address that Dom provided and PayPal even gave me their order.usa email address but they seem to take their time when it comes to replying to emails.
  • Carl Lam said:
    Carl Lam said:
    Can anyone comment on their purchase through this website if they've had a pending flag placed on their order? In this instance, I put the order in before the price bump, will Fanatec still honor the previous price if I have to re-try the order again?
    When I ordered my dd1 back in November even though it was paid it showed as pending for a couple of months I reckon. I contacted support and they said it was all good but I think they also then changed it to payment verified after that contact.
    Hey Paul, pending for a couple of months? Wow...who did you eventually have to get a hold of? I've tried their webstore e-mail address that Dom provided and PayPal even gave me their order.usa email address but they seem to take their time when it comes to replying to emails.
    I went to my order history and brought up the dd1 and it gives you the option to ask a question from there, I reckon I got a response within 48 hours
  • jiahon xiejiahon xie Member
    edited May 2019
    If the DD1 motor is ready. Will its price be reduced to the price at the time of release? For me, it is meaningless to spend an extra high price to buy the DD1 with the DD2 motor. DD1 uses the DD2 motor, but in fact it is still the performance of the DD1. It just has the performance of the DD2 motor to run the DD1. It doesn't make sense. It's not fair for us to pay extra fees~I hope to get your reply, if the DD1 price can return to normal. I will upgrade my CSW2.5 to buy it.Please~
  • I'd say you might have a chance of getting a discount during the black Friday sales end of this year. This is more likely to happen before the DD1 motor is finished. Unless demand/ sales drop off, I'd say there is little reason for the price to drop. You had more than 6 months to buy one at the cheaper price. Obviously others are happy to pay the price if the delivery date keeps being extended for each batch being bought out.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    edited May 2019
    If the DD1 motor is ready. Will its price be reduced to the price at the time of release? For me, it is meaningless to spend an extra high price to buy the DD1 with the DD2 motor. DD1 uses the DD2 motor, but in fact it is still the performance of the DD1. It just has the performance of the DD2 motor to run the DD1. It doesn't make sense. It's not fair for us to pay extra fees~I hope to get your reply, if the DD1 price can return to normal. I will upgrade my CSW2.5 to buy it.Please~
    The current Podium Wheel Base DD1 and Podium Racing Wheel F1 run at a higher performance than our original DD1 spec.
  • If the DD1 motor is ready. Will its price be reduced to the price at the time of release? For me, it is meaningless to spend an extra high price to buy the DD1 with the DD2 motor. DD1 uses the DD2 motor, but in fact it is still the performance of the DD1. It just has the performance of the DD2 motor to run the DD1. It doesn't make sense. It's not fair for us to pay extra fees~I hope to get your reply, if the DD1 price can return to normal. I will upgrade my CSW2.5 to buy it.Please~
    The current Podium Wheel Base DD1 and Podium Racing Wheel F1 run at a higher performance than our original DD1 spec.
    20 Nm instead of 18 Nm of Peak Torque, right? Will this change, if the DD1 motor will be ready in the future?
    20 Nm instead of 18 Nm of Peak Torque, right? Will this change, if the DD1 motor will be ready in the future?
    The original DD1 spec was considerably lower than that. I cannot comment on any future plans for a new DD1 motor.
  • Hello, I have a problem that you can help me to resolve. I would like to order Podium Racing Wheel F1. I am a citizen of Russia and living in this country, but I was able to register on your website only by indicating the place of residence of my friend in Germany. I need to make a payment from my Russian credit card with a delivery of the item at a place of residence of my friend in Germany, since you do not have delivery to Russia. Then he will send me the package or bring it himself to Russia. How can I make sure that I will not have to pay 19% as a resident of EU ?
  • One question more. My German friend’s name is Kunizhev Murat. The package should be delivered to his address in Germany. Is it possible that you indicate his name as parcel recipient, so that the postman would give the parcel to him without any problems?
  • edited May 2019
    Hello, I have a problem that you can help me to resolve. I would like to order Podium Racing Wheel F1. I am a citizen of Russia and living in this country, but I was able to register on your website only by indicating the place of residence of my friend in Germany. I need to make a payment from my Russian credit card with a delivery of the item at a place of residence of my friend in Germany, since you do not have delivery to Russia. Then he will send me the package or bring it himself to Russia. How can I make sure that I will not have to pay 19% as a resident of EU ?
    Why should you pay the tax of 19%?
    The wheel will be send from a factory in germany to a shipment address in germany. So no tax for this shipment.

If he bring it personally to you then no further tax need to be paid. I do not now how your country is handling it if he will send private package  to russia.

Within the checkout you can use a different shipment address then your invoice address, that is no problem

• Hello, I have a problem that you can help me to resolve. I would like to order Podium Racing Wheel F1. I am a citizen of Russia and living in this country, but I was able to register on your website only by indicating the place of residence of my friend in Germany. I need to make a payment from my Russian credit card with a delivery of the item at a place of residence of my friend in Germany, since you do not have delivery to Russia. Then he will send me the package or bring it himself to Russia. How can I make sure that I will not have to pay 19% as a resident of EU ?
    Why should you pay the tax of 19%?
    The wheel will be send from a factory in germany to a shipment address in germany. So no tax for this shipment.

If he bring it personally to you then no further tax need to be paid. I do not now how your country is handling it if he will send private package  to russia.

Within the checkout you can use a different shipment address then your invoice address, that is no problem

That is why he will need to pay the tax - because the shipment is to Germany! 

Murat, I don't think there is any way around it - Fanatec can't not charge the tax as they are making the shipment within the EU therefore the tax is mandatory. The fact that the wheel is then going to Russia makes no difference.

Hello, I have a problem that you can help me to resolve.
    Hi Murat, these are questions that are best answered by our sales team. Please send them an email: webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com.

• I preorder Podium Racing Wheel products on May 5th.

Does the racing wheel I bought have an improved motor?

In a few days, is the dd1 product delivered as a dd2 motor?

• I preorder Podium Racing Wheel products on May 5th.

Every actual Podium wheel base uses the same motor -> the motor of the DD2. The Podium Racing Wheel and the DD1 are just using different electronics, so the peak and the holding torque are lower than on the DD2.

I preorder Podium Racing Wheel products on May 5th.

Every actual Podium wheel base uses the same motor -> the motor of the DD2. The Podium Racing Wheel and the DD1 are just using different electronics, so the peak and the holding torque are lower than on the DD2.
    This is accurate.
  • My wheel has also been delayed until July 16. Received from Fanatec today : As compensation, we are offering you the upcoming title F1 2019 Legends Edition (digital version) for free. This is the official videogame of the 2019 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, worth up to $70. Seems like strange “compensation” considering this delayed order has this game provided/purchased for $1. How about offering to mail the other items on this order that are in-stock and ready for shipping now? This would at least show some customer appreciation considering this delay is due to no fault of my own.
  • My wheel has also been delayed until July 16. Received from Fanatec today : As compensation, we are offering you the upcoming title F1 2019 Legends Edition (digital version) for free. This is the official videogame of the 2019 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, worth up to $70. Seems like strange “compensation” considering this delayed order has this game provided/purchased for $1. How about offering to mail the other items on this order that are in-stock and ready for shipping now? This would at least show some customer appreciation considering this delay is due to no fault of my own.
  • Thanks for the fast response Fanatec. Now offered $50 voucher. That is a gesture I can appreciate.
  • Oh man. I can not wait. 3 weeks. It seems so long.
    why 3 weeks?

why 3 weeks?

• Im confused are the Bases set to be delivered on 14/06 delayed ? havent seen any official statement regarding that anywhere...
  • I have written with fanatec Support. The 28th of June is just for f1 game if you have ordered it for additional 1€. Podium should send on 14th of June. The game key will send on 28th.
  • dear fanatec team. Thank you for sending my podium wheel today. I am so looking forward to it. too bad the morning is holiday. but I am still very happy
  • Hi there,

I'm a PS4 user and currently have the CSL Elite Base and the F1-2019 wheel with the podium shifters.
    I would love to upgrade to a DD base but it doesn't make sense to buy the the PS4 podium bundle since I'm perfectly happy with the F1-2019 wheel and paddles.

Will there ever be an option to buy a standalone PS4 compatible DD base in the future?
    Thanks!