Podium Wheel Bases (and Racing Wheels) discussion

Comments

• Interesting solution, I think it would absorb some of the ffb forces though? I also need something to angle it up as it is almost in my lap lol. Have been waiting forever for trak racer to release their 8020 rig, want to support them as they are Aussie, but I am getting impatient and will pull these trigger on Sim lab if they take much longer.
  • Great find on the podium mounts & kill switches! Now for the official announcement?
  • Interesting solution, I think it would absorb some of the ffb forces though? I also need something to angle it up as it is almost in my lap lol. Have been waiting forever for trak racer to release their 8020 rig, want to support them as they are Aussie, but I am getting impatient and will pull these trigger on Sim lab if they take much longer.
    The rubber is pretty dense. I think the movement in the rig (NLR GT-U) affects more than the rubber angle mount. I have cross braced the rig (tension to hold it square) which actually has helped quite a bit, but running the feedback test in the driver almost tears the rig apart & vibrates everything off the steel desk. I am considering what I might do next for a rig.
  • Kustom said:
    Interesting solution, I think it would absorb some of the ffb forces though? I also need something to angle it up as it is almost in my lap lol. Have been waiting forever for trak racer to release their 8020 rig, want to support them as they are Aussie, but I am getting impatient and will pull these trigger on Sim lab if they take much longer.
    The rubber is pretty dense. I think the movement in the rig (NLR GT-U) affects more than the rubber angle mount. I have cross braced the rig (tension to hold it square) which actually has helped quite a bit, but running the feedback test in the driver almost tears the rig apart & vibrates everything off the steel desk. I am considering what I might do next for a rig.
    I think the 8020 aluminium ones are the way to go, never heard a single bad thing about them.
  • Fanatec,

PLEASE remove the brake force settings you put in 335 driver. These are horrible! I want to turn this option off completely. I had to rollback to 334 because braking was broken with this driver. WAY to sensitive and I do not use this feature at all in any sim.The FFB felt better but the braking was broken.
  • Tomaz HocevarTomaz Hocevar Member
    edited May 2019
    Fanatec,

PLEASE remove the brake force settings you put in 335 driver. These are horrible! I want to turn this option off completely. I had to rollback to 334 because braking was broken with this driver. WAY to sensitive and I do not use this feature at all in any sim.The FFB felt better but the braking was broken.
    Come on. Brake force is the same, just inverted. Zero before is now 100 and 100 is now like zero before. Like it should be.
  • Is any 1 else getting the jumbled up words where the motor sensor calibration, Erase motor Calibration is... 334 is like this same with 335
  • Fanatec,

Come on. Brake force is the same, just inverted. Zero before is now 100 and 100 is now like zero before. Like it should be.
    Yes the setting is inverted Not a problem...the setting is simply Not working as many are saying... 0 brF/ brF Low is Not Linear/ 1 to 1 with your brake pedal input.... No one cares if the setting is Now inverted... brF Low/0 is super sensitive at 75% pedal travel the applied brake force is already 100% which Negates 25% of pedal travel... Inverted or Not It Needs to be set back to being Linear 1 to 1 with Brake Pedal input.
  • Fanatec,

Yes the setting is inverted Not a problem...the setting is simply Not working as many are saying... 0 brF/ brF Low is Not Linear/ 1 to 1 with your brake pedal input.... No one cares if the setting is Now inverted... brF Low/0 is super sensitive at 75% pedal travel the applied brake force is already 100% which Negates 25% of pedal travel... Inverted or Not It Needs to be set back to being Linear 1 to 1 with Brake Pedal input.
    I assume you are using a CSP pedal? If so, thats a load cell predal where the force is measured and the pedal travel actually is pretty irrelevant. You can achieve 100% pedal input also with only 1cm pedal travel if you brake hard with the rest 4cm travel not being used. Thats the big advantage of Load cell pedals vs "normal" pedals because its easier for the brain to memorise which force is requeired instead of how much travel is needed.

However, I know the Devs are looking at the code what is maybe wrong after the flip of directions and if there is an error of course it gets corrected with a new firmware.
  • Psql .Psql . Member
    Fanatec,

Not at all. In the v334 version I need to press the pedal at brf setting 1 way much harder then when at max in the v335 fimware.

Because you are used to it because it’s a load cell, it was within one corner I knew it wasn’t the same. Resulting in fully locking all four wheels and almost every corner after that.
  • Fanatec,

Not at all. In the v334 version I need to press the pedal at brf setting 1 way much harder then when at max in the v335 fimware.

Because you are used to it because it’s a load cell, it was within one corner I knew it wasn’t the same. Resulting in fully locking all four wheels and almost every corner after that.
    Of course Brf 1 in the actual firmware is different to the previous Brf 1 setting of the old firmware because it's now flipped.. What was Brf 1 before is now Brf 99.
  • edited May 2019

I assume you are using a CSP pedal? If so, thats a load cell predal where the force is measured and the pedal travel actually is pretty irrelevant. You can achieve 100% pedal input also with only 1cm pedal travel if you brake hard with the rest 4cm travel not being used. Thats the big advantage of Load cell pedals vs "normal" pedals because its easier for the brain to memorise which force is requeired instead of how much travel is needed.

However, I know the Devs are looking at the code what is maybe wrong after the flip of directions and if there is an error of course it gets corrected with a new firmware.
    No If and or Doubt about it there is a Error in FW 335.... I am very sure that it will get sorted out.. I'm just adding My input to confirm with others that I too notice the Over Sensitive /Non Linear brake feel of FW 335..

Yes I am using v3i pedals... I always open control panel and do pedal check when i turn on My wheel... Its just a Habit I have to check pedals and wheel function when i first turn wheel on....when I do the Pedal check it has always been Linear with the v2.5 and also is Linear with the DD2 with FW 334.... 50% Pedal Press = 50% registered Pedal input in control panel Pedal bar.... If I were checking this in a Race Maybe what tour saying will be relevant... But this is tested with Slow precise pedal input in the PC Control panel... Note throttle and clutch appear to be working as they should.

I went Back to FW 334 and Brake pedal feel is Good again.
  • Psql .Psql . Member
    edited May 2019
    Fanatec,

Of course Brf 1 in the actual firmware is different to the previous Brf 1 setting of the old firmware because it's now flipped.. What was Brf 1 before is now Brf 99.
    Re-read my comment. 

I compair the BrF 1 of the old firmware with BrF Max/100 in the new firmware. So I know you need to flip the setting. Again it’s not the same and Brf Max in the new firmware feels more like the default Brf 50 of the v334 firmware and that is not close to the pressure needed with Brf 1 of the v334 firmware.
  • Fanatec,

I just reloaded the drivers to test it. I knew yesterday when I tried the 335 drivers that "Hi" was the closer value to linear. However I never tried 100. I just tried Lo and Hi. Now that I reloaded the drivers I can confirm there is no "100". It goes from 99 to Hi. So guessing you meant to say Hi not 100?

Either way, you are incorrect and it is not like the old Brake Force settings. In the old Brake Force there was a "OFF" option. When it's off you are linear. What I press is what I get from 1 to 100. Now you might not use V3 pedals or you might not race in iRacing so maybe you are getting what you feel is the same as before but I can promise you that with V3 pedals and iRacing this new brake force at Hi or 99 is not linear and thank God I was able to rollback because I literally would not be able to race with these drivers. I'm talking about locking up on every turn.

So please do not give Fanatec any reason to think this Brake Force setting is acceptable. It's not.

I like the new FFB settings from the 335 but can't enjoy that until this is fixed.

Fanatec if you are still reading this can you please start putting a readme file with your updated drivers? The only reason I knew about the new Hi setting being the "1" setting from before is because someone told me that I was chatting. You guys really need to be informing your clients when you drop new drivers and what changed.
  • edited May 2019

I just reloaded the drivers to test it. I knew yesterday when I tried the 335 drivers that "Hi" was the closer value to linear. However I never tried 100. I just tried Lo and Hi. Now that I reloaded the drivers I can confirm there is no "100". It goes from 99 to Hi. So guessing you meant to say Hi not 100?

Either way, you are incorrect and it is not like the old Brake Force settings. In the old Brake Force there was a "OFF" option. When it's off you are linear. What I press is what I get from 1 to 100. Now you might not use V3 pedals or you might not race in iRacing so maybe you are getting what you feel is the same as before but I can promise you that with V3 pedals and iRacing this new brake force at Hi or 99 is not linear and thank God I was able to rollback because I literally would not be able to race with these drivers. I'm talking about locking up on every turn.

So please do not give Fanatec any reason to think this Brake Force setting is acceptable. It's not.

I like the new FFB settings from the 335 but can't enjoy that until this is fixed.

Fanatec if you are still reading this can you please start putting a readme file with your updated drivers? The only reason I knew about the new Hi setting being the "1" setting from before is because someone told me that I was chatting. You guys really need to be informing your clients when you drop new drivers and what changed.
    100% agree...Bottom line is even if Fanatec wants to invert the brF setting then it should be Just Inverted with the Same brF values that were used in 334 and every one is happy again.

Side Note its Never a good thing to make Changes to FW and Not explain simple things Like brF has been intentionally inverted...
  • Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited May 2019
    You guys are interchangeably talking about 3 different things that aren't the same.

Pedal travel: Is totally irrelevant for load-cell brakes.  Pedal travel can be tweak with the different elastomer springs, the preload, ect.... Pedal travel only serves to absorb some force so the sensor behaves more like a hydraulic brake and less like bathroom scale.

Linearity, or 1:1: you can have a 1:1 ramp that maxes out at 25% pressure linearity just means that from whatever is map to the maximum value it tails off from that to the zero input in even increments.  So even if it's super sensitive, it should get there evenly.

Sensitivity: How much force is required for maximum input.

So the question is when the setting is at high(100/off/old 0) are we still too sensitive? Or is the maximum pressure correctly mapped to 100%, but the input is no longer linear so 50% of maximum calibrated pressure no longer creates 50% input.

Linearity and Sensitivity are very different from a programming stand point.  Being clear about the bug will help it get fixed more quickly.

Pedal travel doesn't exist for load cells, it's all about pressure.
  • edited May 2019
    You guys are interchangeably talking about 3 different things that aren't the same.

Pedal travel: Is totally irrelevant for load-cell brakes.  Pedal travel can be tweak with the different elastomer springs, the preload, ect.... Pedal travel only serves to absorb some force so the sensor behaves more like a hydraulic brake and less like bathroom scale.

Linearity, or 1:1: you can have a 1:1 ramp that maxes out at 25% pressure linearity just means that from whatever is map to the maximum value it tails off from that to the zero input in even increments.  So even if it's super sensitive, it should get there evenly.

So the question is when the setting is at high(100/off/old 0) are we still too sensitive? Or is the maximum pressure correctly mapped to 100%, but the input is no longer linear so 50% of maximum calibrated pressure no longer creates 50% input.

Linearity and Sensitivity are very different from a programming stand point.  Being clear about the bug will help it get fixed more quickly.

Its Not even worth debating...Fact is Many are saying the brakes are too sensitive to the slightest brake input...even with load cell pedals.

FW 334 Load cell or not when i set brF to 100 when i reach the point where I get major resistance in My v3i pedals is the point where pedal input is at 100%.

FW 335 brF Low at 75% Pedal Travel/ No major resistance the Brake input reads 100%.

No matter what you say or How you choose to view it something has changed and the Brake pedal Feel is Worse instead of Better.

• You guys are interchangeably talking about 3 different things that aren't the same.

What you said about linearity is true indeed but the pedal travel is not completely irrelevant because indeed the signal isnt transmitted throught travel but the travel you use dictates the pressure the sensor detects so its indirectly relevant its just that the signal is linear to the pressure and not the travel ! Now concerning the brakeforce the new 100 in brakeforce is exactly the same with the software used in csv3 when connected to the pc but with the slider for the auto calibration completely down , but not off  ,so you still have some deadzone in the max pressure (10-15%) , 
  • Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited May 2019
    Its Not even worth debating...Fact is Many are saying the brakes are too sensitive to the slightest brake input...even with load cell pedals.

FW 334 Load cell or not when i set brF to 100 when i reach the point where I Reach major resistance in My v3i pedals is the pint where pedal input is at 100%.

FW 335 brF Low at 75% Pedal Travel/ No major resistance the Brake input reads 100%.

No matter what you say or How you choose to view it something has changed and the Brake pedal Feel is Worse instead of Better.

Dude you missed my point entirely. Yes there is a problem, but you need to be able to communicate with precision if you want it fixed.

brF low, seems to indicate to me, that you need very little force, or the brakes are their most senstivie.  So even if you compress the spring a little, they will transfer enough force to the load cell to register as maximum force.

Since the settings are flipped you need to raise the brF, to raise the amount of max sensitivity.  Remember it's pressure, not throw.

If even on Brake Force "high", which to me indicates that it takes more force to actuate the brakes, it is still too sensitive, then it's a sensitivity problem.  You have to be accurate with programmers if you want them to find your bug.
  • You guys are interchangeably talking about 3 different things that aren't the same.

What you said about linearity is true indeed but the pedal travel is not completely irrelevant because indeed the signal isnt transmitted throught travel but the travel you use dictates the pressure the sensor detects so its indirectly relevant its just that the signal is linear to the pressure and not the travel ! Now concerning the brakeforce the new 100 in brakeforce is exactly the same with the software used in csv3 when connected to the pc but with the slider for the auto calibration completely down , but not off  ,so you still have some deadzone in the max pressure (10-15%) , 
    Now that's a good bug report.

100% setting matches using the driver at 100%, but the old off setting unlocked another 10-15% max sensitivity. So the answer is probably to add the 100 click instead of clipping at 99, then go to off instead of mapping high to 100.
  • Its Not even worth debating...Fact is Many are saying the brakes are too sensitive to the slightest brake input...even with load cell pedals.

FW 334 Load cell or not when i set brF to 100 when i reach the point where I Reach major resistance in My v3i pedals is the pint where pedal input is at 100%.

Dude you missed my point entirely. Yes there is a problem, but you need to be able to communicate with precision if you want it fixed.

brF low, seems to indicate to me, that you need very little force, or the brakes are their most senstivie.  So even if you compress the spring a little, they will transfer enough force to the load cell to register as maximum force.

Since the settings are flipped you need to raise the brF, to raise the amount of max sensitivity.  Remember it's pressure, not throw.

If even on Brake Force "high", which to me indicates that it takes more force to actuate the brakes, it is still too sensitive, then it's a sensitivity problem.  You have to be accurate with programmers if you want them to find your bug.
    I'm not here to debate terms used to explain the issue. Let's just keep that to the side and stick to reporting the issue. To keep it simple, we need a brake force OFF option. I don't need any type of sensitivity or damping or whatever you want to label it. 

• edited May 2019

What are you talking about??? Exactly why I said No Need to debate it that just leads to the Semantics word game so 1 may try to appear knowledgable... Bottom Line there is a problem and that's that... Its Not the Rocket Science your trying to make it out to Be... brF setting was Inverted and Now Brake Pedal is Too Sensitive End of Story... The Devs Know what changes were Made... The Real Question is who Beta Tested the FW before public release and why was this Not spotted??? its a Obvious and Blaring issue.
  • Any word officially from Fanatec on this? My muscle memory just cant deal with it. Why do they have change this sort of thing? So we wait a year, then just as I start enjoying my DD they ruin the feel of the pedals. Well done. 

Really not covering themselves in glory ATM when it comes to software.... 
  • Any word officially from Fanatec on this? My muscle memory just cant deal with it. Why do they have change this sort of thing? So we wait a year, then just as I start enjoying my DD they ruin the feel of the pedals. Well done. 

Just Go back to FW 334 and Enjoy your Equipment until a New FW is released... I'm sure Fanatec is working to address the Issue... That's what I did and All is well.
  • Not the ideal solution but I have just finished reconnecting my V3s direct via USB.  Back to how they were before, much better.

Just Go back to FW 334 and Enjoy your Equipment until a New FW is released... I'm sure Fanatec is working to address the Issue... That's what I did and All is well.
    with fw334 there is also a glitch that your pedals can go off while racing with throttle working as a brake or clutch etc  all 3 pedals swap functionalities 
  • Where to find FW334
  • Where to find FW334
    Actually, nowhere because there is no FW334. The number 334 is the driver, not the firmware. The firmware included in the driver 334 is FW651. You can find the driver 334 on the download page of the Formula V2X wheel for example.
  • I'm really sorry where can I find driver 334?
    And again I'm really sorry to call it FW