DD1 + V3: pedal assignments keep changing

I've had it for a few days no problem. Raced for hours, no probs.

Now I fire it up and my accelerator is now the brake, and the brake is now the clutch (per Fanatec Windows software and in games).

A restart fixes it.

But just a couple of minutes after driving again (PC2) suddenly it's changed again, this time the accelerator is the clutch and the brake is the accelerator. This happened while I was driving.

Another restart seems to have reset it, will report back if it happens again.

My first league race with the DD is tonight. I just know it's going to happen again...

The cable is firmly attached, to the DD directly. I've seen others report this in the main DD thread but it seems like it's not isolated instances and a game breaking big deal so it'd be great if we and Fanatec could look at a solution please.

Using 334. Not keen on using 335 because of the brake sensitivity issues.

Comments

• edited May 2019
    This is a known issue of driver 334 and the included Wheel Base Firmware 651. Driver 335 with Firmware 653 solves this issue. Use the new driver or wait til the next driver but then you have to live with your issue for the time being..
  • Ben MansillBen Mansill Member
    edited May 2019
    Ok cheers for the quick reply Maurice.

Is the brake sensitivity thing people report with 335 a real issue - I can't tell from the reports if it's now super sensitive, or if people are just mistakenly misunderstanding the reversed setting?
  • Ok cheers for the quick reply Maurice.

Is the brake sensitivity thing people report with 335 a real issue - I can't tell from the reports if it's now super sensitive, or if people are just mistakenly misunderstanding the reversed setting?

It is different for sure, but my muscle memory was able to overwrite quick enough to get used to it. I think people with issues must have their muscle memory set to read only. lol

I have the v3i with damper and performance kit so I was able to adjust on the spot and adapt. 1 race on each discipline was good enough for me to get used to the changes.... I do have very little travel due to my setup in the first place so it's easy to dial in.

• I think I was running 15 for the pedals figured out it was reversed, tried 85, still to sensitive. Running max is close to what 15(85) used to be. So it's very clearly more sensitive on it's least sensitive setting.
  • Steven WrightSteven Wright Member
    edited May 2019
    Ok cheers for the quick reply Maurice.

I'm certainly not confused by the reversed BrF setting.  The pedal sensitivity has changed when connected to the wheel base with the latest firmware / driver.  FWIW, I always had BRF: off and manually calibrated.  Neither Min/Max/1/99 or even 50 offered the same sensitivity.  Was almost as if they became non-linear. However, plugging my pedals in via USB restored their prior sensitivity behaviour.  

335 fixed an issue with my wheel motors firing up on their own too, so I didn't want to roll back.