DD2 wheelbase and V3 pedals

Have the latest firmware and are unable to connect my V3 pedals via USB. When I had the CSW2.5 I always connected via USB but with the DD2 I decided to connect the pedals via the Podium DD. Had a few problems getting them to work but in the end used manual calibarion and after a few tweaks they worked better then before. But with the latest firmware upgrade the pedals didnt work very well at all so I decided to go back to USB. But no matter what USB port I plug them into the PC doesnt recognise them. And in the game controllers they dont show at all. I didnt try the USB conection with the first drivers so no idea about them.  I have mananged to get them working ok via the DD2 and setting the BrakeForce to 45 in the wheel settings and using auto mode ( deactivating auto mode makes them makes pretty much undriveable as they slam on as soon as you touch them a little)

But back to the USB3 problem, why wont the pedals show up when connected via USB?

Comments

• Hi ,

I have both plugged in, but use the new cables that came with the DD2 and everything works fine. The USb is for drivers the other cable connects the DD2 & pedals.
    Maybe try that, no expert though hehe
  • I have the DD2 connected by USB and the V3pedals connected to the DD2 but the pedals are not 100%. If I try manual calibartion you can see the brake moving when you are not touching it ( the blue line ) . But if I remove the RJ12 cable from the brakes and DD2 and tried connecting the brakes directly to the pC via USB cable and they dont work. This is how I used to connect them with the CSW2.5.

I wonder if I need seperate drivers for the V3 pedals if I connect them by USB
  • I have the DD2 connected by USB and the V3pedals connected to the DD2 but the pedals are not 100%. If I try manual calibartion you can see the brake moving when you are not touching it ( the blue line ) . But if I remove the RJ12 cable from the brakes and DD2 and tried connecting the brakes directly to the pC via USB cable and they dont work. This is how I used to connect them with the CSW2.5.

I wonder if I need seperate drivers for the V3 pedals if I connect them by USB
    No there is only one driver for every product. USB connection should work if the Pedals are not also connected with the RJ cable at the same time as this causes circuit board damage. Maybe Uninstall the driver, connect both the DD2 and the Pedals via USB, power them on and then reinstall the driver.
  • Tah, Maurice

maybe I will try a clean install later but thery are working ok and by tuning the btakeforce can maybe get them better..if I go 100 they are bad so have it at 45 and they work but without the feel I am used to

hopefully someone from Fanatech will look at this 
  • But if Fanatec is reading this for a few in the iRacing forums having problems with the V3 pedals and DD2 latest firmware