Introducing the new ClubSport F1 2019 Steering Wheel - Limited Edition UPDATE

Comments

• Purchased the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 on 04/27/2019 with the addition of the F1 2019 game, but is the delivery date scheduled for 06/28/2019?
    What does it mean ? Will the steering wheel only arrive after the game has been released?
    Yet at the time of the order the date was prior to the exit of the ordered DD2 (06/14/2019)
  • Purchased the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 on 04/27/2019 with the addition of the F1 2019 game, but is the delivery date scheduled for 06/28/2019?
    What does it mean ? Will the steering wheel only arrive after the game has been released?
    Yet at the time of the order the date was prior to the exit of the ordered DD2 (06/14/2019)
    The F1 2019 Wheel will be delivered before the game is being released, actual shipping date according to the webshop page is 04.06.2019. You will get the game key on 28.06.2019, the system can not distinguish this and therefore shows the later date as the date for the complete order.
    The F1 2019 Wheel will be delivered before the game is being released, actual shipping date according to the webshop page is 04.06.2019. You will get the game key on 28.06.2019, the system can not distinguish this and therefore shows the later date as the date for the complete order.
    Many thanks for the information !!!!
  • @ Thomas/Dom.

Still not heard back from support or webshop with regards for overcharge on postage for the 2019 rim.  Been over 2 weeks after I had the support email conformation of question asked.
    Was so excited (and wanted to get it ordered before went tp public release) I didn't notice the double postage until got the conformation email. Only requested std delivery and ended up with a 30 Euro paypal bill. 

Understand must be a busy time for you guys, but have sent 2 emails so far and don't want to keep adding support questions/emails to the list.
    Sure it will be sorted.
  • edited May 2019
    Woops, double posted this on accident.
  • edited May 2019
    Ian Brown said:
    Just spent a decent sum of money with fanatec they shipped it on the 26th I asked if they would give the me offer of f1 2019 for $1 and nope no chance. I am a tad annoyed not going to be pretend otherwise.
    Unfortunately this is a legal requirement of Codemasters as we must bundle it with a steering wheel.
    Is there a way to get the F1 2019 deal added to orders that haven't shiped yet? I've ordered my DD1 and a wheel just over a week before the F1 2019 deal came up and my order will not be shipped until June.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Ian Brown said:
    Just spent a decent sum of money with fanatec they shipped it on the 26th I asked if they would give the me offer of f1 2019 for $1 and nope no chance. I am a tad annoyed not going to be pretend otherwise.
    Unfortunately this is a legal requirement of Codemasters as we must bundle it with a steering wheel.
    Is there a way to get the F1 2019 deal added to orders that haven't shiped yet? I've ordered my DD1 and a wheel just over a week before the F1 2019 deal came up and my order will not be shipped until June.
    Please contact support and they will best guide you on this question.
  • Deleted
  • edited May 2019
    On April 17th I've ordered a Podium Wheel Base DD1 and the CSL Elite McLaren GT3 CSQR EU. Then a bit over a week later the F1 2019 bundle was announced for new wheel orders. I opted not to cancel my order and put it trough the system again, because I didn't want to risk missing the second batch. I am wondering, since my order hasn't shipped yet, is there any way to add the F1 2019 bundle to the wheel? Kind Regards, Ruben
    Hello Ruben,

thank you for your message.

Unfortunately we are not able to make any modification ( just cancellation  is possible)
    The game key has to be ordered online.

Thank you
    Best regards / Freundliche Grüße
    So others know, you can't add the 1$ F1 2019 game deal to orders that haven't shipped yet. Bummer.
  • Steven WrightSteven Wright Member
    edited May 2019

So others know, you can't add the 1$ F1 2019 game deal to orders that haven't shipped yet. Bummer.

I ordered when the offer was avail.. but surely, since its not shipped yet, you could cancel and re-order, if you want the offer?  It's not as if its completely sold out, at this moment.
  • Still no reply from support regarding the shipping costs being doubled when you add on the F1 2019 game code. Anyone on here heard anything yet? I wonder how many other customers have paid shipping for a code and not realised....?
    Of course this is not intentional, and has been corrected. If anyone has inadvertently paid extra shipping costs for a game code, please contact our sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com. The team is currently very busy due to multiple product launches, but they will get back to you.
    I also just noticed this happened to me as well. Only after I came across this shipping costs overview: https://www.fanatec.com/documents/UPS-Rates.pdf

Shipping costs were applied for a multiple product order rather than a single one. I sent a message asking for a refund of the excess shipping costs via the website.
  • Still no reply from support regarding the shipping costs being doubled when you add on the F1 2019 game code. Anyone on here heard anything yet? I wonder how many other customers have paid shipping for a code and not realised....?
    Of course this is not intentional, and has been corrected. If anyone has inadvertently paid extra shipping costs for a game code, please contact our sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com. The team is currently very busy due to multiple product launches, but they will get back to you.
    I also just noticed this happened to me as well. Only after I came across this shipping costs overview: https://www.fanatec.com/documents/UPS-Rates.pdf

Shipping costs were applied for a multiple product order rather than a single one. I sent a message asking for a refund of the excess shipping costs via the website.
    Just received the repayment of the excess shipping costs, so that's great. But, as it appears to be a system error, and I needed to request this myself (Fanatec didn't tell me about it and it has been 1 month after I placed the order), some other consumers might have paid too much but don't know about it. There is a single shipping cost item, you need to check the PDF above to know what you should pay.

Would be better customer service if Fanatec checked all the orders made for this, because they know it's a system error, and then make the refunds rather than wait for customers to flag it themselves. Even though it's a small amount, that's more out of principle...
  • I received my steering wheel today. High level product, congratulations. However, when I tried to open the fanatec driver, a message asking for update popup and after that, my base freezes. I'm using a dd1 base. But I can play with it.
  • I received my steering wheel today. High level product, congratulations. However, when I tried to open the fanatec driver, a message asking for update popup and after that, my base freezes. I'm using a dd1 base. But I can play with it.
    You got yours already??????
    Nice.. says available in 2 weeks for me (Availability date: 2019-06-04)
    Hope somebody can help with you not being able to do the update to it.
    You got yours already??????
    Yes. Was shipped last week and I received it yesterday.

Regards
  • Received mine today May 23rd.  No problems with flash. 

I did notice with all the same settings much more force with the F1 than the Mclaren (with quick release hub).  Wonder if there is some kind of force reduction because the Mclaren is a CSL wheel?

I had a Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 and those thumb encoders spun on their own.  So far I feel that the Fanatec F1 thumb encoders have a distinct feedback to movement even with bicycle gloves on.

I did notice with all the same settings much more force with the F1 than the Mclaren (with quick release hub).  Wonder if there is some kind of force reduction because the Mclaren is a CSL wheel?

I had a Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 and those thumb encoders spun on their own.  So far I feel that the Fanatec F1 thumb encoders have a distinct feedback to movement even with bicycle gloves on.

Interesting re the increased force feedback. What base are you using? Mine should arrive today, can’t try it yet as my csl elite ps4 base is with fanatec for repairs.

The McLaren is using Full Torque when used with a ClubSport QR - with the plastic QR it is limited in Torque to CSW v2.5 output on a DD, yes - but I think you feel more force because the Formula Wheel is 3cm smaller in diameter. 3cm does not sound much but it actually is a HUGE difference.

• Bill KrauseBill Krause Member
    edited May 2019
    Interesting re the increased force feedback. What base are you using? Mine should arrive today, can’t try it yet as my csl elite ps4 base is with fanatec for repairs.
    I have the DD1 with these settings for the AMG GT3:

SEN - Sensitivity - auto (1080)
    FFB - Force Feedback - 85
    SHO - Shock/Vibration - default (not used by me)
    ABS - ABS - default (not used by me)
    FOR - Force Effect - 100
    SPR - Spring Effect - 100 (not used by iRacing)
    DPR - Damper Effect - 100 (not used by iRacing)
    NDP - Natural Damper - 30 -> 15
    NFR - Natural Friction - 5
    FEI - FFB Intensity - 100
    APM - APM Mode - default (not used by me)

iRacing Settings:

Use Linear Mode - checked
    Reduce Force When Parked - checked
    Max Force - 40 (DD1)
    Wheel Force - 20
    Damping - 0
    Min Force - 0
  • Have today received my steering wheel. However, the podiumshifters who were ordered at the same time were not included. :(
  • edited May 2019
    Have today received my steering wheel. However, the podiumshifters who were ordered at the same time were not included. :(
    Of course they were not included because they were delayed to mid July and you was informed by this delay by mail a few weeks ago if your ordered them before they were delayed and otherwise the shipping date for the shifters was already set to July when you ordered them already so you shouldn't be surprised....
  • Have today received my steering wheel. However, the podiumshifters who were ordered at the same time were not included. :(
    Of course they were not included because they were delayed to mid July and you was informed by this delay by mail a few weeks ago if your ordered them before they were delayed and otherwise the shipping date for the shifters was already set to July when you ordered them already so you shouldn't be surprised....
    When I ordered the APM the availability date was mid June. And until now I never got a mail that says something else ;)
    When I ordered the APM the availability date was mid June. And until now I never got a mail that says something else ;)
    Ah yes my bad, first batch is expected to be released 18.06 ;)
  • edited May 2019
    when I ordered them, they were available =D>
  • when I ordered them, they were available =D>
    Available to order, yes but definitely not available like "in Stock". They were never in Stock actually.
    That's no true,
    I've got no E-Mail and I ordered on 07/05/2019 and the Estimated shipping date is 28/06/2019
    That's no true,
    I've got no E-Mail and I ordered on 07/05/2019 and the Estimated shipping date is 28/06/2019
    As I said, it was my bad. Delay was from 30.04 to 18.06, not July. But still they were never available in Stock for now so there shouldn't be any surprise that the Podium shifters were not included with the Wheel. Your date 28.06 is for the F1 game.
  • Sorry Maurice,
    the shipping date is for the paddle moduland not for the F1 game.
    I ordered only the advanced Paddle Modul.
    best regards
    Guido
  • Received the F1 2019 wheel today. In real it looks way better then on pictures. To be honest I was a bit afraid that the chrome parts would look 'toyish' but that's not the case at all. Again a top product which looks, feels even smells quality. Thanks!!