[RESOLVED] Clubsport V3 Pedal Function Error

Scott EdwardsScott Edwards Member
edited May 2019 in Pedals
I race on iRacing exclusively. I have downloaded the 64bit v328 driver. The pedals are connected to the PC directly. After leaving a race and entering another, either the brake pedal, or throttle pedal will lose connection.

In order to reconnect, I have to go to the control panel, unclick "Manual Configuration", then reclick it. If I don't, the unresponsive pedal will not actuate. Then I can recalibrate both pedals. I have to do this before entering another session (race).

I have done the following to try to resolve the issue:

1) Connected to a different USB Port

2)Selected The "Repair" option from the Fanatec website when prompted to in the download setup wizard. (restarted system as well).

3)Completely uninstalled driver, reinstalled and restarted system.

I am able to enter a session then go to the control panel and recalibrate without leaving the joined session which allows me to race.

Please advise on a solution.

Sincerely,

Scott Edwards

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Try and see if v330 works better. If not, try an older driver version: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/beta-drivers

You stated that you connected the pedals to a different USB port, but what type of USB port are you using? USB 3.0 has often been reported to work erratic with game controllers.
  • I removed 328 and installed 311. Same issue. The USB ports I have tried are 2.0. Could the circuit board on the pedals be faulty?
  • I removed 328 and installed 311. Same issue. The USB ports I have tried are 2.0. Could the circuit board on the pedals be faulty?
    When the problem occurs, do you hear the USB disconnect sound? If yes, then it may be the hardware (USB cable or circuit board).

If it only happens when leaving a race and entering another, and it's just one of the pedals losing its function without the whole pedal set disconnecting, I would expect it not to be a hardware error (I would expect the disconnections to happen randomly). To be sure, though, I would test the pedals just in the Fanatec driver (e.g. press all pedals for some time as if you're racing, close the driver, open the driver again and see if all pedals still work.

• I think I have resolved the issue. There was a power saving mode that was on under my USB settings. I turned it off and have not had a disconnect since.
  • Good news, thanks for the update.
  • Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved. My PC is not recognizing the pedals at all. I have tried reinstalling drivers and "repairing" drivers. I also tried a different USB cable. I think there has to be a problem with the control board.
  • I filled out an RMA under Customer support. When I hit send in the lower right, the window just turned white. No message notifying message sent. Did I do something wrong?
  • I filled out an RMA under Customer support. When I hit send in the lower right, the window just turned white. No message notifying message sent. Did I do something wrong?
    You should get an automated confirmation by email. If you didn't get it (check your Spam), then please try again.