Fanatec Beta Driver V336 for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
Hello Everybody,

We have a new beta driver V336. Here are the details:

A. Driver:
1. Add McLaren to support OLED test.
2. Change the button text from OLED pixel test to OLED test.
3. OLED test button should support wheel rim McLaren and RFormV2.
4. Fix issue that wheel rim UHX w/ APM image flickers to UHX when adjusting the FFB in TM.
5. Fix issue that pedal buttons "Set Max/Min" does not display upon Control Panel start-up.
6. Steering Wheel LEDs button now supports Flag LEDs in old Wheel Bases.
(application needs to use the latest Fanatec SDK V3.9)
7. Firmwares included:
   - CSW V1 Base : CSW_Base_V656_rev1613_app (NEW)
   - CSW V2 Base : CSW_V2_Base_V656_rev1613_app (NEW)
   - CSW V2.5 Base : CSW_V2_5_Base_V656_rev1613_app (NEW)
   - CSL E Base : CSL_E_Base_V656_rev1613_app (NEW)
   - CSL E Base PS4 : CSL_E_PS4_Base_V656_rev1613_app (NEW)
   - DD Base : PDW_DD_Base_V656_rev1613_app (NEW)
   - EBLDC : CSLEWBPS4_CSWBV2.5_EBLDC_V22_rev335_app
   - EBLDC DD10 : PWBDD1_EBLDC_V30_rev356_app
   - EBLDC DD20 : PWBDD2_EBLDC_V30_rev356_app
   - RMCL V1.0 : RMcL_V30_rev38_app
   - RFORMV2 : RFORMv2_V28_rev113_app (NEW)

B. Firmwares:
1. Fixed Brake force calculation on Podium Bases
2. Additional methods to acknowledge the torque messages of Podium Bases:
- all buttons can now acknowledge the messages
- turning the wheel to 90° either side can unlock the messages too
- a bar next to the "ok" text shows how long you have to hold it at 90°
3. Adjusted DRI strenght for CSW V2.5
4. Added Flag LED support to CSW V2.0 and CSL E WB (games and third party software needs to update our SDK).
5. Various improvements.

Known Issues:
You need to enter the "Settings" Tab and go back to the "Function Test Tab" so the APM is shown and inputs of the Formula V2 are recognized.

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
0. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue. Most likely it will be driver OR firmware.
1. Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
2. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
3. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
4. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:

Wheel Base Model (product ID): ....
Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
Driver Version: ....
Base FW Version: ....
Wheel FW Version: ....

Thank you very much!

We hope for your positive feedback! 

Comments

• What is the AP setting that's after FEI in the tuning menu?

CSW V2.5 with Universal HUB.
    PC Driver: 336
    WB FW: 656
    Motor FW: 22

That's the setting for the Advanced Paddle Module which you can set to the functions of the middle MPS of the McLaren and Formula v2 wheel (Clutch Bite Point, Clutch & Handbrake, Throttle & Brake, Analog Axes).

That's the setting for the Advanced Paddle Module which you can set to the functions of the middle MPS of the McLaren and Formula v2 wheel (Clutch Bite Point, Clutch & Handbrake, Throttle & Brake, Analog Axes).
     cool, thank you
  • Doug JacobsDoug Jacobs Member
    edited June 2019
    I can confirm that this update didn't resolve the gear/notch feeling. 

I'm not sure if this will help at all. I just noticed that with this firmware, my CSW 2.5 was making an audible low humming noise (not coil whine) after the notch feeling started. I don't recall this happening with the last version. After turning it back on, it is completely silent and smooth like it should be. 
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited June 2019
    In Assetto Corsa Competizione, the LED shift lights on the wheel are now working in the opposite direction (from right to left as revs increase).

PODIUM DD1 / Clubsport Formula V2 / Clubsport V3 Pedals / Clubsport Shifter V1.5
    Driver: 336
    Podium Wheel Base Firmware: 656
    Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 30
    Steering Wheel Firmware: 28

EDIT: BTW... so far, everything else works and feels good for me!
  • In Assetto Corsa Competizione, the LED shift lights on the wheel are now working in the opposite direction (from right to left as revs increase).

PODIUM DD1 / Clubsport Formula V2 / Clubsport V3 Pedals / Clubsport Shifter V1.5

That's not a driver issue but an issue of the ACC Hotfix 1.0.1. There is already the Hotfix 1.0.2 available which solves this issue.
  • Akeem DorsetAkeem Dorset Member
    edited June 2019
    I can confirm that this update didn't resolve the gear/notch feeling. 

I'm not sure if this will help at all. I just noticed that with this firmware, my CSW 2.5 was making an audible low humming noise (not coil whine) after the notch feeling started. I don't recall this happening with the last version. After turning it back on, it is completely silent and smooth like it should be. 
    I can also confirm this.

CSW V2.5 / UHX.

• In Dirt Rally 2.0 the paddle shifters act as brake left shifter and right shifter throttle.

CSW 2.5 with Universal Hub Old version not Xbox
    Pc Driver 336
    Wb Fw 656
    Motor Fw 22

• In Assetto Corsa Competizione, the LED shift lights on the wheel are now working in the opposite direction (from right to left as revs increase).

That's not a driver issue but an issue of the ACC Hotfix 1.0.1. There is already the Hotfix 1.0.2 available which solves this issue.
    Thanks Maurice.
  • I can confirm that this update didn't resolve the gear/notch feeling. 

same for me 

CSW 2.5 with p1 elite
    PC driver 336
    Wb fw 656
    Motor Fw 22
  • Marcel, 

Is there anything we can do to help troubleshoot the gear/notch feeling? Are any logs created by your software that we can share? Is there a debug mode that we can turn on in a config file somewhere to provide real data instead of anecdotal evidence? 

We've all invested a lot of money in your products, I just received my F1 2019 rim yesterday. It's beautiful, but makes the issue even more pronounced due to being smaller and lighter than the ClubSport GT Forza wheel and UHX I've been using - and it is really hurting the experience. 
  • I actually just recreated the issue out of game, completely by accident. I was going back and forth between set 1 and set 2 out of game, after a fresh reboot, to see how different Drift -1 and off felt. I was slowly turning the wheel about 45-90 degrees left and right while switching between presets - after less than a minute the gear/notch feeling started. 
    • CSW 2.5
    • F1 2019 Wheel
    • Driver 336
    • WB 656
    • Motor 22
    • Fresh boot of wheel
    • All default settings except:
      • Drift = -1 in preset 1
      • Drift = 0 in preset 2
      • FEI = 60 in both

• Use version 326, no notch for me there. These reports of it is why I haven't used any released drivers/firmware beyond that.
    No need either as the wheel F12018 and CSL elite+ work great.
  • @Doug Jacobs out of curiosity, how long have you had your CSW V2.5 since it was purchased?
  • I'll try downgrading to 326, I didn't realize an F1 2018/2019 wheel would be fully supported on that old of a version. 

I purchased the wheel base in November 2018, so it is pretty new. 
  • edited June 2019
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): F1 2019
    Driver Version: 336
    Base FW Version: 656
    Wheel FW Version: 28

When I navigate through the OLED screens of the wheel base the button press of the FunkySwitch is always also recognized by the game. That's pretty annoying.
    I already had the same with driver 334 and 335 and also with my Formula Carbon wheel, so it's no new behavior ;)

Edit:
    Another thing is, that sometimes when I turn on my wheel base it seems to freeze. It then stucks at one of the starting screens and doesn't do anything anymore. Regardless which button I press, nothing happens.
    And in this situation I'm also not able to turn off the wheel base anymore. It then only turns off when I press the E-Stop on the kill switch. My DD2 shows this behavior sometimes since I have the F1 2019 wheel. With the Formula Carbon I never had this. I have the feeling, this only happens when the wheel base was turned of for a couple of time.
    It also shows sometime the message "ATTENTION Enable torque?", sometimes "CAUTION Torque Key Inserted! Please read the manuals safety guidelines before use." and sometimes a blank screen. When it shows the "CAUTION Torque Key Inserted..." message I have do acknowledge only this message. When it shows "ATTENTION Enable torque?" I have to acknowledge this message first and after that I get the "CAUTION Torque Key Inserted..." message and I have to acknowledge this message, too. I'm not sure, but I think this is also since I have the F1 2019 wheel attached.
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): F1 2019
    Driver Version: 336
    Base FW Version: 656
    Wheel FW Version: 28

When I navigate through the OLED screens of the wheel base the button press of the FunkySwitch is always also recognized by the game. That's pretty annoying.
    I already had the same with driver 334 and 335 and also with my Formula Carbon wheel, so it's no new behavior ;)

Edit:
    Another thing is, that sometimes when I turn on my wheel base it seems to freeze. It then stucks at one of the starting screens and doesn't do anything anymore. Regardless which button I press, nothing happens.
    And in this situation I'm also not able to turn off the wheel base anymore. It then only turns off when I press the E-Stop on the kill switch. My DD2 shows this behavior sometimes since I have the F1 2019 wheel. With the Formula Carbon I never had this. I have the feeling, this only happens when the wheel base was turned of for a couple of time.
    It also shows sometime the message "ATTENTION Enable torque?", sometimes "CAUTION Torque Key Inserted! Please read the manuals safety guidelines before use." and sometimes a blank screen. When it shows the "CAUTION Torque Key Inserted..." message I have do acknowledge only this message. When it shows "ATTENTION Enable torque?" I have to acknowledge this message first and after that I get the "CAUTION Torque Key Inserted..." message and I have to acknowledge this message, too. I'm not sure, but I think this is also since I have the F1 2019 wheel attached.
    First issue is not a Fanatec related issue. You have to remap the in game buttons to something else. I don't think it's possible to get the D-Pad button presses recognized only by the Base and not by the game. Second issue is known and under investigation.
  • edited June 2019
    First issue is not a Fanatec related issue. You have to remap the in game buttons to something else. I don't think it's possible to get the D-Pad button presses recognized only by the Base and not by the game. Second issue is known and under investigation.
    Thanks for the info about the second issue.

But sorry, I do think the first issue is a Fanatec related issue as it's Fanatecs driver or firmware that passes the D-Pad button through.
    And when the button goes to the firmware first and the firmware sends it to the driver, for example, it should be "no problem" to suppress the push of the button when the button for the tuning menu is pressed at the same time.
    When you make changes inside the tuning menu settings, the buttons are suppressed already. So why it should not be possible to suppress the D-Pad while naviagting through the OLED screens, too?!
    I have already mapped the butons of the D-Pad to functions that can't cause happening anything "bad". But it's still very annoying.

Actually, for the record... I'm running the most up to date version of ACC on Steam (for PC) and my LED's are still back-to-front.

Actually, for the record... I'm running the most up to date version of ACC on Steam (for PC) and my LED's are still back-to-front.
    Then you are not on the beta Hotfix 1.0.2 which is only available if you signed up for the beta branch ;) tutorial how to get into the beta branch can be found on Kunos Forum.
  • OK. Thanks again Maurice.
  • Not a specific problem with this beta firmware but since we are discussing the LED shift lights I thought I would ask the question. Why do the LEDs work in ACC on all the Fanatec wheelbases except for the CSL Elite wheelbase? In addition, The LED shift lights work on most other sims that I have tried eg Raceroom. What is different in the Fanatec SDK for the CSL Elite that makes Kunos unable to get them working?
  • Not a specific problem with this beta firmware but since we are discussing the LED shift lights I thought I would ask the question. Why do the LEDs work in ACC on all the Fanatec wheelbases except for the CSL Elite wheelbase? In addition, The LED shift lights work on most other sims that I have tried eg Raceroom. What is different in the Fanatec SDK for the CSL Elite that makes Kunos unable to get them working?
    Same question here?
  • I actually just recreated the issue out of game, completely by accident. I was going back and forth between set 1 and set 2 out of game, after a fresh reboot, to see how different Drift -1 and off felt. I was slowly turning the wheel about 45-90 degrees left and right while switching between presets - after less than a minute the gear/notch feeling started. 
    • CSW 2.5
    • F1 2019 Wheel
    • Driver 336
    • WB 656
    • Motor 22
    • Fresh boot of wheel
    • All default settings except:
      • Drift = -1 in preset 1
      • Drift = 0 in preset 2
      • FEI = 60 in both

I tried this for several minutes, but no gear/notch feeling at all.
    Only difference is my CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox One.
    I find this strange too. It actually prompted me to download Fanaleds which obviously resolves the issue, and does so without adding any complication. Also I think I prefer the way that Fanaleds respnds, particularly when you hit the limiter.
  • Akeem DorsetAkeem Dorset Member
    edited June 2019
    @Samuele Dodi how long have you had your CSW V2.5? This might be a long shot, but the reason that some people may not be experiencing this while others are could be a difference in manufacturing tolerances changing over time.
  • It's pretty new: 20/02/2019.
  • Oh.. damn. Never mind then. Mine is about the same age and I have the notchy feeling after some time. What's odd though, is that I recently purchased Assetto Corsa Competizione, and after 2 hours of racing, I don't have the notchy feeling. In other games like ETS2/ATS, BeamNG, Assetto Corsa(2014), PC2, the notchy feeling shows up after about 20 or so minutes.
  • Could it be overheating?
  • Definitely not. ETS2 barely uses the motor and the air conditioner in my room is alway on when I’m using the wheel, so there is plenty of cool air.
This discussion has been closed.