ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 crashing in F1 2018

Hello. I have this wheel attached to a DD1 and while playing F1 2018, the wheel stops receiving input after a few seconds. Particularly the paddle shifters and some button inputs. I have tried compatibility mode & PC mode but the problem persists. I have also installed SLI Max to mange certain inputs. With or without SLI Max, same problem. I have narrowed the problem down to the wheel because with my older Formula Carbon wheel everything was fine.

Wheel Base firmware: 653
Wheel Base motor firmware: 30
Steering Wheel firmware: 27
PC driver: 334 (335 was a total mess with my ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019, yet fine when using my my older Formula Carbon)

The only way to make all inputs functional again is to turn the DD1 off and on again, but this only works for a few seconds in game until it crashes again.

Hoping their is a solution to this.Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!

George

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Is everything registering correctly and consistently in the driver properties window? Does the wheel work fine in other games and is the wheel positioned fully on to the DD base?
  • Hi Joseph. Thx for your response. Everything is OK in the drivers properties window, until of course the all the wheel's inputs (except steering) stop responding in game. They don't come back to life in the properties window after this. Only after rebooting the DD1.

I'll get myself a copy of Project Cars 2 and give it a try. If there is a better game to test with let me know. I'll also verify if the wheel is seated properly and report the results after.

thx!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    You can download Raceroom (free) or PCars2 Demo. I would also try and do a file verification in Steam from the games properties window. Let me know how you make out.
  • So far all is well in Project Cars 2. The problem seems to be with F1 2018. Since the next game is just a few weeks away I figure I'll just sit it out until then and be thankful it doesn't appear to be a larger issue. Thank for your advice Joseph.
  • Has anyone noticed that this wheel has been completely removed  on the US site? I mean not just marked as out of stock like the 2018 model. There is no download page for it or an FAQ anymore. This is kinda concerning as my "disconnect" issues have yet to be resolved. I'm hoping others are having better luck with this wheel.
  • Update. Problem happens with PC2 as well. It has to be a problem with the wheel itself. Note that I have updated to 336 dirvers/firmware package. No luck. The wheel disconnects within about a minute. Steering, FFB and pedals work. No button input from the wheel however. Anybody else run into this problem?
  • Hi all, for what it's worth, my issue was finally resolved with a replacement wheel I received last week. It may have taken a while but I do commend Fanatec's staff for their commitment to solve the issue. Hope this may provide some insight to anyone else experiencing the same problem.
  • Have the very same problem.
    Already got in touch with Fanatec stuff.
    A replacement wheel did the trick you said?