Podium Wheel Bases (and Racing Wheels) discussion

Comments

• OK, it works. Just baffling that you don't get a readme.txt or changelog.txt with the drivers, to let you know what changed, or what you can expect, or where you need to go to change settings.
  • Hey, I am hoping someone can help me out, my Podium DD1 (PS4 edition) was momentarily recognized in windows 10 Pro but then disappeared. I cannot seem to have it recognized again. I am stumped. I reinstalled Windows last night from scratch, installed most of the Gigabyte Z390 motherboard drivers and tried a different USB port, no luck. In the device manager there is not yellow exclamation marks on any items. The base is powered on, it shows that it is in PC mode, has the USB connected logo on the screen, wheel, pedals, and shifter are also showing connected on the DD1 screen. Comp 2.5 mode does not seem to change anything. I also tried connecting it to my PS4 Pro in PS4 mode and it was not detected. I tried using the 336 Beta drivers from the Advanced Podium Module and that also did not seem to make the wheel magically appear. I am beginning to think it is a hardware DOA type failure but I find it strange that Windows did see the DD1 & wheel about 3 times now for brief moments before disappearing again.
  • Maybe something to do with your PC security, try disabling it for ten minutes. Just something else to try.
  • Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that when I get home from work.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    You can try removing it from the devices and printers menu in windows 10 and restarting your computer. Try a different USB input also.
  • It does not show up as a device so I can’t remove it. I wish it appeared anywhere at this point. I have tried USB 2.0, 3.0, and 3.1 without success. Thanks again for the suggestions.
  • I have tried connecting to my Windows 10 (64bit) PC, PS4 Pro, and a Windows 10 (64bit) laptop, the DD1 was not detected on any of those devices. I also plugged it into my wifes MacBook Air to see if it would be detected, the wheel base is visible as a storage device and files are visible.
  • any danger of getting the software soon?
  • Hello, must I uninstall the software of CSW 2.5, before installing the software of the Podium?
    Or can we keep both software installed on the PC?
    Thank you

• edited June 2019
    Hello, must I uninstall the software of CSW 2.5, before installing the software of the Podium?
    Thank you

There is no software for the Podium and other Bases yet.
    A driver (if thats what you mean) is cross compatible to all devices, but make sure you install the latest driver (335 for the DD). If you update the driver, its always best to uninstall the previous version first. 
  • Hello, must I uninstall the software of CSW 2.5, before installing the software of the Podium?
    Thank you

There is no software for the Podium and other Bases yet.
    A driver (if thats what you mean) is cross compatible to all devices, but make sure you install the latest driver (335 for the DD). If you update the driver, its always best to uninstall the previous version first. 

• Yes, I'm talking about the driver!
    I can keep the CSW 2.5 installed on the Pc with its driver, and installed the driver of the Podium?
    There won't be a problem?

• Yes, I'm talking about the driver!
    I can keep the CSW 2.5 installed on the Pc with its driver, and installed the driver of the Podium?
    There won't be a problem?
    as said, the driver for CSW v2.5 is also the driver for DD. You will not have two installations installed in parallel - if you update to the DD you have to unsinstall the driver, download the newest driver from the DD webshop page and install that one.
  • Pierre DARNESPierre DARNES Member
    edited June 2019

The CSW 2.5 driver 328
    The DD1 driver 335

There is no higher for the CSW 2.5 on the Fanatec page
  • edited June 2019

The CSW 2.5 driver 328
    The DD1 driver 335

There is no higher for the CSW 2.5 on the Fanatec page
    That's just because Fanatec didn't update the website. The driver 335 is the newest one and compatible to the CSW 2.5 and the DD1. So take driver 335 and you're good to go with both wheel bases.
  • I find it or the driver 335 on the site? thank you very much for your help
  • Just take the driver you find in the downloads for the DD1:
  • Yoeri FlossieYoeri Flossie Member
    edited June 2019
    Some question about the DD2: ?

1. Is it recommended to connect CSW pedals into the base? I always have used the pedals connected directly into the PC? With CSW bases it always have been better. Is this the same for the DD?

2. When you turn the base on  a message appear "CAUTION! Torque key Inserted!" blablabla. How to turn it off? I know i inserted the key.

3. The powerbrick (connected to a wall socket) does make some noice. sort of a electrical buzzing sound. Not really a issue in daytime, but when its in a room were you try to sleep, you think you have tinnitus.
  • Some question about the DD2: ?

1. Is it recommended to connect CSW pedals into the base? I always have used the pedals connected directly into the PC? With CSW bases it always have been better. Is this the same for the DD?

2. When you turn the base on  a message appear "CAUTION! Torque key Inserted!" blablabla. How to turn it off? I know i inserted the key.

3. The powerbrick (connected to a wall socket) does make some noice. sort of a electrical buzzing sound. Not really a issue in daytime, but when its in a room were you try to sleep, you think you have tinnitus.
    1. Yes, it's better to connect them to the Base because you get Brf setting available. It's the same resolution as when you connect them via USB. 2. Press any key or hold die wheel. 90° (if you are on at least driver 336 with newest firmware). 3. Contact support and you will get a new one as it's a known issue of the PSU.
  • Some question about the DD2: ?

1. Yes, it's better to connect them to the Base because you get Brf setting available. It's the same resolution as when you connect them via USB. 2. Press any key or hold die wheel. 90° (if you are on at least driver 336 with newest firmware). 3. Contact support and you will get a new one as it's a known issue of the PSU.
    Soo maurice, as regards to his last issue, the PSU noise. Has Fanatec, fixed the problem. And there would be a newer version of the PSU sent out to him. Or it's just the same version PSU but in a hope that he wont get the problem again ?
  • Pierre DARNESPierre DARNES Member
    edited June 2019

Hello,
    I received my podium Ps4, I have a problem installing on the pc.
    I have the driver 335, all well connected
    to the base, so I turn on my base, I run the fanatec software, it tells me to update firmware, what I did!
    Come my problems.
    I restart the software that is cut in the meantime, except that I do not have my podium displayed but this (photo seal), and more menus are blocked and the
    software crashes and on the base marked: "Attention Enable torque ? "
    On the steering wheel, there's just marked the F in blue!
    no button works on the steering wheel to change the menus of the base!
    Can you help me, knowing that I also try the 336 driver!
  • Ive had same problem when prompted to update firmware on my wheel rim when attcahed to DD2 on PC. Ive Tried drivers 335 and 336 and variuos usb ports and a laptop still no success. The base and my over devices were fine so not a windows 10 issue . Its really fustrating as my Mclaren rim keeps losing connection and i cant update its firmware. Base just shuts down and the wheel just hangs with F logo on lcd display of rim . Firmware launcher will not start. I contacted Fanatec support since middle of the week and had no reply . There live chat support was also no reply. Terrible customer service after spending so much money. Im on verge of requesting a refund !!!
  • 1. Yes, it's better to connect them to the Base because you get Brf setting available. It's the same resolution as when you connect them via USB. 2. Press any key or hold die wheel. 90° (if you are on at least driver 336 with newest firmware). 3. Contact support and you will get a new one as it's a known issue of the PSU.

1. fixed
    2. I mean , is it possible to not show me this message over and over at every start and wheel chnage. I know its on Hi Torque besides there is already a exclamation mark to tell me.
    3. Ok thx i hope they don't ask me to send it first, i don't want to be waiting for weeks. I guess i will contact support.
  • Hi All i installed my new Podium PS4 racing wheel yesterday. but ive noticed that i do not have the FEI & NFR settings available.
    does this have to do with software versions or should it be always available?

thank you in advance,

Kay 
  • Then your software version is too old. Install 335
  • So if i understand correctly the Podium PS4 comes out of the factory with 334?  which does not contain these 2 modes right?  Updating it to 335 would be the deal to get these parameters?

• Is there anyone here who knows how long it takes to get something repaired at Fanatec, I sent my DD2 in to have the Quick Release + a carbon cover changed
    They have now had my DD2 for 14 days! and I haven't heard anything from them since I received a confirmation that they had received my DD2 14 days ago,
    I sent a mail last week and asked if they did not have the parts or had not had time to swap them, but have not yet received a reply
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    It depends on many things( location sent, type of repair,etc) however you're best bet is to communicate with support directly as you have been. It is usually not a very long turnaround.  
  • So if i understand correctly the Podium PS4 comes out of the factory with 334?  which does not contain these 2 modes right?  Updating it to 335 would be the deal to get these parameters?

no. 334 and 335 are driver versions which can not be pre-installed because its PC software. What you talk about is Firmware which is installed on the Wheel Base. Dont know factory Firmware versions but you should have these two options with EVERY Firmware, also with the factory one FOR SURE. If those are missing you need to contact the support as something with the motor communication could be damaged.