Fanatec Beta Driver V336 for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

1235»

Comments

• Where can I find Motor FW 18?

Thanks,
    Steve
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Either in the zip I've uploaded here or in an older driver package like 311. I've uploaded it again.
  • Hi! Does anybody else besides Bjorn have random freezes powering up or changing mode on DD2?
    I started getting those in 335 on my DD2. Only happens with the Formula v2 wheel; Universal Hub Xbox is unaffected.
  • I have a friend that not commented here, but he has the same thing with 336
  • Dong-Chan LeeDong-Chan Lee Member
    edited June 2019
    Just to add a data point for this beta driver pack.
    - CSL E Base (v1.0 / PC)
    - RFORMV2 & RMCL V1.0

Driver 335 / Base FW 640 / RFORMV2 FW 27 = No Issue
    Driver 336 / Base FW 640 / RFORMV2 FW 27 = No Issue
    Driver 336 / Base FW 640 / RFORMV2 FW 28 = No Issue
    Driver 336 / Base FW 656 / RFORMV2 FW 28 = Notchy Feeling

Driver 335 / Base FW 640 / RMCL FW 30 = No Issue
    Driver 336 / Base FW 640 / RMCL FW 30 = No Issue
    Driver 336 / Base FW 656 / RMCL FW 30 = Notchy Feeling

- Conclusion: Notchy feeling is due to base FW 656, at lease in my rig setup.
    - Comment: This notchy feeling could be obtained under any circumstances including both in-game (F1 2018 & ACC) and out-game conditions (idle state in Windows 10). It obviously had something to do with DRI setting. With increasing digit of DRI, the notchy feeling became increased. When the DRI was set to OFF, the notchy feeling was likely reduced, but some damper feeling remained, which was not felt from base FW 640 with DRI OFF.
    Just to add a data point for this beta driver pack.
    - CSL E Base (v1.0 / PC)
    - RFORMV2 & RMCL V1.0

Driver 335 / Base FW 640 / RFORMV2 FW 27 = No Issue
    Driver 336 / Base FW 640 / RFORMV2 FW 27 = No Issue
    Driver 336 / Base FW 640 / RFORMV2 FW 28 = No Issue
    Driver 336 / Base FW 656 / RFORMV2 FW 28 = Notchy Feeling

Driver 335 / Base FW 640 / RMCL FW 30 = No Issue
    Driver 336 / Base FW 640 / RMCL FW 30 = No Issue
    Driver 336 / Base FW 656 / RMCL FW 30 = Notchy Feeling

- Conclusion: Notchy feeling is due to base FW 656, at lease in my rig setup.
    - Comment: This notchy feeling could be obtained under any circumstances including both in-game (F1 2018 & ACC) and out-game conditions (idle state in Windows 10). It obviously had something to do with DRI setting. With increasing digit of DRI, the notchy feeling became increased. When the DRI was set to OFF, the notchy feeling was likely reduced, but some damper feeling remained, which was not felt from base FW 640 with DRI OFF.
    You should compare the Motor Firmwares as well as everyone else right now says that makes the difference instead of the Base Firmware. 
  • Dong-Chan LeeDong-Chan Lee Member
    edited June 2019
    Does CSL Elite base come with firmware-updatable motor? As far as I know it does not (different from CSL E+ PS4 or CSL E v1.1) and that's why my wheel OLED displays "mot con NA" on wheel startup. Driver page does not show anything about motor FW as well. Please correct me if this is the issue on me.
    Sorry CSL E motor driver can't get updated, doesn't have to do anything with vibration though. Only CSL E WB+ (PS4), CSW V2.5 and the Podium can. 

But it's new to me that the CSL E can have the notchy feeling too which on other bases is caused by the different motor driver. Not sure if it's the exact same issue though. Has anyone else a CSL E and could compare?
  • Doug JacobsDoug Jacobs Member
    edited June 2019
    I just noticed a slightly different notchy feeling after about 15 minutes in iRacing. Again, nothing on track that a associate it beginning with.

This time, it feels like the notches are smaller, if that makes any sense. Like a smaller bump feeling. I know others have mentioned that there is some coil whine with Motor FW 18 - there seems to be a correlation between the coil whine and when I feel the notch. I attempted to capture it on video. If you turn the volume up, you should be able to hear the coil while as I slowly turn the wheel. When I hit a notch, the whine stops, turn a little further and the whine starts again. 

CSW V2.5
    PC Driver: 336
    Wheel Base Firmware: 656
    Wheel Base Motor: 18

• Ward PatersonWard Paterson Member
    edited June 2019
    Sorry CSL E motor driver can't get updated, doesn't have to do anything with vibration though. Only CSL E WB+ (PS4), CSW V2.5 and the Podium can. 

But it's new to me that the CSL E can have the notchy feeling too which on other bases is caused by the different motor driver. Not sure if it's the exact same issue though. Has anyone else a CSL E and could compare?
    I've had the notchy feeling at the centre position with my CSL Elite PS4 in every driver since 328.  I did not try anything between 311 and 328 though so I cannot comment on them.  

On 311 the notch feeling was non-existent and not felt.  I thought maybe it was my wheel base had an issue, and I bought a spare CSL Elite PS4 recently when my original CSL Elite PS4 went in for repair - and I tried that wheel on 335 and the notch feeling was experienced again - so i can at least confirm the issue is not hardware / wear n tear related.

I dont find the notch feel during game play.  More like for example in F1 2018/19 sitting in the car doing car setups, if i move the wheel slightly left or right of centre, the notch feeling is present.  leaving the garage, i cant feel it.

Also worth noting, if i move my wheel quickly at the centre point (4-5deg each way from centre) during game play, i feel a slight forcefeedback knock..  Not sure if this is belt slop, or something else.  My CSL Elite was just in for Repair and nothing changed, so I assume it is normal - there was no repair sheet indicating anything different.

@everyone with the "notchy" Issue on CSL WB+ (PS4) and CSW V2.5:

Please try the attached motor firmware and let me know if it's notchy or not. This firmware is only for CSW V2.5 and CSL E PS4
    I just noticed a slightly different notchy feeling after about 15 minutes in iRacing. Again, nothing on track that a associate it beginning with.

This time, it feels like the notches are smaller, if that makes any sense. Like a smaller bump feeling. I know others have mentioned that there is some coil whine with Motor FW 18 - there seems to be a correlation between the coil whine and when I feel the notch. I attempted to capture it on video. If you turn the volume up, you should be able to hear the coil while as I slowly turn the wheel. When I hit a notch, the whine stops, turn a little further and the whine starts again. 

CSW V2.5

Thank you for the video, I've forwarded it and hope it helps us to find it. So far we still have issues reproducing it, isn't widely spread it seems. That it is happening now with v18 too is confusing because everyone agreed before it didn't happen with v18.
  • Thanks Marcel! I'll try the motor firmware you posted after work tonight. 

There is no question that the notch feeling is SIGNIFICANTLY reduced with v18. While driving it is almost unnoticeable unless the car is stopped, or very low speed corners when FFB is usually pretty low. 

The only way I can describe the difference in feel is that in v18 it feels like a very small notch as compared to a larger/stronger more pronounced notch feeling with v22. In addition, coil whine is present in v18 and corresponds to the "steps" in the notch - while I didn't notice any coil whine at all in v22, even as I hit the notches. 
  • Akeem DorsetAkeem Dorset Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi Marcel. I've been using the motor fw v20 that you posted for about 3 hours now and OMG I have no complaints so far. its working perfect. I'm using it in combination with PC driver 336 and wheel base fw 656. ABSOLUTELY NO NOTCHING!!!! (so far lol). I'm absolutely loving it. This is great. any idea what's different in this fw?

UPDATE: There is some coil whine, but it doesn't seem to as bad as v18. Still no notching, so that's good.
  • Awesome to hear! I should be trying v20 as well in the next hour or 2. Will follow up with my results. 
  • I haven't spent a lot of time with v20 yet, but so far I'm not hearing any coil whine, and the notch feeling seems to be completely gone. 

I'll follow up after I've spent a few more hours on v20, but so far it's looking much better!

Did anything else change with v20? It could my imagination, but FFB seems a little stronger with no changes to any settings, which isn't a bad thing! 
  • Will SuttonWill Sutton Member
    edited June 2019
    The Advanced Podium Paddles now dont work for clutch in iRacing. ..no clutch at all

But they all work in the Fanatec Properties...I can go to Position A  -clutch+bite point and the clutch shows on the left for both ie. blue sliding bar, Button B shows the Clutch and Handbrake and the blue slider works as does position C  ...brake and throttle blue sliders and the mappable Analogue axis shows.In the diagram of the wheel you use to be able to see the button with a blue highlight when you pressed it but nothing shows

edit: ok, missed that in the notes

I installed the beta firmware from the Advance Podium Paddles beta drives ( shows as 336 on the properties )
  • ok, how do you install the older drivers back on?  I get a message that is has newer drivers and and that it just shows finish
  • Hi Marcel

Thought i give this version a try these are my results 

CSL Elite ps4

no force feed back with ps4 F12019

CSL Elite ps4
    Wheel Base Motor: 20

No force feed back with ps4 F12019

so returned to

no issue with force feed back with ps4 or f12019
  • Steven HallSteven Hall Member
    edited June 2019
    ok, how do you install the older drivers back on?  I get a message that is has newer drivers and and that it just shows finish
    You uninstall the old one first. 
  • Juergen LohseJuergen Lohse Member
    edited July 2019
    Hello Marcel, Is there a way to turn off the message that a newer firmware is there when you go into the control panel     
     @ Juergen: No, not possible, sorry.
  • ok thx Marcel
  • Hi Marcel

CSL Elite ps4

CSL Elite ps4

so returned to

On stock 336 with the CSL Elite i have full FFB in F1 2019 on the PS4.  Not sure why its not working for you.  

I'm going to give beta motor driver V20 a go tonight and report

Cheers for the team's effort Marcel

• @everyone with the "notchy" Issue on CSL WB+ (PS4) and CSW V2.5:

Please try the attached motor firmware and let me know if it's notchy or not. This firmware is only for CSW V2.5 and CSL E PS4
    I can not download this file to install the engine 20. And to install it Where could I get it in 32bits. Thank you. CSL E PS4 FW 641 Engine 18
  • Hi Marcel

CSL Elite ps4

CSL Elite ps4

so returned to

On stock 336 with the CSL Elite i have full FFB in F1 2019 on the PS4.  Not sure why its not working for you.  

I'm going to give beta motor driver V20 a go tonight and report

Cheers for the team's effort Marcel

I have no issue with any other firmware
    I am thou using a ps4 pro 

just reinstalled and the same issue its like the ps4 pro ain't recognising the wheel
    @ Daniel Evans: Can you nail it down to a specific base or motor firmware where your PS4 doesn't recognice the wheel at all? It was possible to go into PS4 mode but pressing the PS4 button didn't activate it and you couldn't go through menus with it?
    We have now uploaded driver package 340 and created a new discussion, please go forward there:

This discussion has been closed.