Please help us to find the right name for our new software package UPDATE Please Vote!

Comments

• Ali SayAli Say Member
    How about FanaDrive?
  • The Fanatec Ignitiion
  • Fanatec Forcible
    Podium Construct
  • Command Module
  • Fanatec RTTX Fanatec Real Time Tuning Extreme
  • Fanatec Engineer
  • I know we have to vote, but:

FANATEC SELECT

FANATEC FIRST

FANATEC EXPRESS

FANATEC BOOST

FANATEC INDIVIDUAL

FANATEC GAIN

FANTEC RISE

FANATEC ORIGINAL

FANATEC KEY

• Fanatec CONNECT. fanatec senex senex old latin for connect, Fanatec senex software
  • there is no FANATEC APEX so I cannot vote :-/
  • Hi guys when your software are so outstanding, almost like something from the future..The first name that pop up was MOTHER. like the super AI computer on the spaceship NOSTROMO from Ridley Scotts undeadly sci-fi movie ALIEN. Hope you like it...MOTHER was a MUTH-R182 model 2.1terabyte AI Mainframe ( called MOTHER by the crew)  NOSTROMO sounds cool too. your choice.  
  • Quick.. close the poll now the generic, not unique and not innovative "Control Center" isn't top dog.
    And release the software already :P  

K thx bye.
  • I have the perfect few names.

1.....unobtainable
    2.....Never hit a target date.
    3.....will never come out.
    4......still fumbling about.
    5......And this is my favorite........empty promise......again.

Where is this beta release?

I laughed when i first read that the software would be ready by month end.  I knew it would be late.  I am going to predict the date it comes out......I am going to guess not a chance in hell till at least July and that will be the beta.
  • arlésienne software :)
  • edited May 2019
    Endor®sement
    analtec (..)
    speed control
    multivar.
    over race 
    F.R.E.E. (Fanatec racing equipment editor)

• what is the status of the new software? still a beta planned? Timeline?
  • Lance WinterLance Winter Member
    edited June 2019
    **FANATEC DEVS** - Where is the new software!??? 

More filters are needed ASAP for the Podium wheelbase to compete with SimuCube on fidelity and realism. 

• **FANATEC DEVS** - Where is the new software!??? 

More filters are needed ASAP for the Podium wheelbase to compete with SimuCube on fidelity and realism. 

I don't think the new software adds any new filters as they are all already available in the tuning menu to be adjustable on the fly.
  • i think the new software adds filters me :)  now wait and see
  • Podium Orchestrator
  • the pit
  • I am going to sell you a corvette but you can only have 4 cylinders for now........the other 4 are coming "soon".
  • of course, we still want full price right away
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

I am going to sell you a corvette but you can only have 4 cylinders for now........the other 4 are coming "soon".
    Hi Steve, that is an unreasonable analogy. We have provided the whole Corvette. The software is free, and is indeed coming soon. While it has some Podium optimisations, it is intended for all Fanatec wheel bases.
  • Fanatec Unified Control Kit - Millenium Edition? ????
  • My suggestion:

NEVERSOFT

Manage your customer´s expectation.

FYI, I am working in logistics. Don´t always promise dates you are not certain about. Customers want REAL deliveries.

• I am going to sell you a corvette but you can only have 4 cylinders for now........the other 4 are coming "soon".
    Hi Steve, that is an unreasonable analogy. We have provided the whole Corvette. The software is free, and is indeed coming soon. While it has some Podium optimisations, it is intended for all Fanatec wheel bases.

I am going to sell you a corvette but you can only have 4 cylinders for now........the other 4 are coming "soon".
    The issue this brings is that people are not doing reviews till this software comes out to give the DD1 its best foot forward when compairing to other products. To be honest at the moment I have been waiting for this software to be released. before i give up on this DD1 and go back to my Simucube. This coupled with the recent price increase has me questioning my future use of my DD1. 

Why are so many people like this? It is absolutely infuriating to read. This is such an unbelievably stupid analogy.

The software isn't going to change the way the hardware operates at all. It is going to be a mild increase in convenience when adjusting the basic settings and doing firmware updates. It isn't going to magically unlock new features of the hardware or more performance or something like that.The software update wasn't even something that was "promised" when Podium DD bases were announced.

Try to be less of a terrible miserable negative person, it will greatly improve your life.

The issue this brings is that people are not doing reviews till this software comes out to give the DD1 its best foot forward when compairing to other products. To be honest at the moment I have been waiting for this software to be released. before i give up on this DD1 and go back to my Simucube. This coupled with the recent price increase has me questioning my future use of my DD1. 

You are just setting yourself up to be angry by speculating about things that definitely aren't happening. The software isn't going to wildly change the way any of the DDs function.

Anyone that acts like the current DD1 and DD2 doesn't compete against Simucube and other offerings is just talking nonsense. Fanatec is still the only setup that lets you easily change it's base parameters on the fly. It's so annoying to hear people talk about some of these software settings in other bases like they are magic when they aren't really doing anything different.
  • **FANATEC DEVS** - Where is the new software!??? 

This isn't true at all.