Fanatec Beta Driver V340 for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• HI Marcel

Csl Elite ps4
    Driver v340
    Firmware 658
    motor firmware 18 20 or 22

I have found the issue which results in my loss of forcefeed back

when the update complete's the wheel recalibrates and restarts in ps4 mode (blue light)
    I then calibrate the centre of my wheel and i have forcefeed back
    now this is the issue!

As soon as i then switch the mode to PC mode (red light) adjust my settings on the wheel and enter the wheel properties page to calibrate my pedals this results in the loss of force feed back

the only way i can keep the forcefeed back is if i dont make the above adjustments.

please tell me you can can reproduce this issue

as if you cant i can make a short video to show you the exact issues 

i have now returned to V330 firmware 641 and all is perfect 

i'm eager awaiting your findings

Thanks marcel

• Will SuttonWill Sutton Member
    edited July 2019
    PC Driver 340
    WB FW:30
    SW FW:28

On the V2 wheel with the Advanced Paddles the clutch paddles and bitepoint  doesn't work in iRacing. They dont even show when you press them in iRacing. Now they worked in the previous official drivers but here they dont 

• Yes but after the update you need to calibrate everything and I remember that is where I had the problem, no idea what buttons to push on the McLaren.
    https://www.fanatec.com/download/QuickGuide%20for%20CSL%20Elite%20McLaren%20GT3.pdf
  • edited July 2019
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): F1 2019
    Driver Version: 340
    Base FW Version: 658
    Wheel FW Version: 28

Description:
    After round about 1 hour of constantly playing F1 2019 I suddenly had a constant force on the wheel an the game didn't recognized any inputs anymore. After a second I got a message displayed, that the game lost the connection to the wheel base.
    I took my hands off the steering wheel and the wheel started to turn and turn and turn. After maybe 5 complete spins the wheel stopped and I saw the LEDs turning on for round about half a second.
    Then the wheel base seemed to be turned off. No force on the wheel (but also no cogging that you normally have, when it's turned off). The OLED of the wheel base and the steering wheel were black. There was also no soft stop for the wheel anymore.
    Then I tabbed out of the game and saw a message from the firmware updater that the wheel base has been started in Update-Mode (the power button also was flashing). I clicked on "Restart wheel" but nothing happened. So I pressed the E-Stop and turned the wheel base back on and everything was working again.

I was on Setup 5 and I used the settings exactly as recommended here. The wheel base was in V2.5 compatibility mode.
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2

Description:
    After round about 1 hour of constantly playing F1 2019 I suddenly had a constant force on the wheel an the game didn't recognized any inputs anymore. After a second I got a message displayed, that the game lost the connection to the wheel base.
    I took my hands off the steering wheel and the wheel started to turn and turn and turn. After maybe 5 complete spins the wheel stopped and I saw the LEDs turning on for round about half a second.
    Then the wheel base seemed to be turned off. No force on the wheel (but also no cogging that you normally have, when it's turned off). The OLED of the wheel base and the steering wheel were black.
    Then I tabbed out of the game and saw a message from the firmware updater that the wheel base has been started in Update-Mode (the power button also was flashing). I clicked on "Restart wheel" but nothing happened. So I pressed the E-Stop and turned the wheel base back on and everything was working again.

I was on Setup 5 and I used the settings exactly as recommended here. The wheel base was in V2.5 compatibility mode.
    Do not use compatibility mode in F1 2019. Use only the pc mode as the DD is fully compatible with F1 2019 and it has some serious issues when running that game in comp mode like a massive 100% jolt to the right at race starts when hitting optimal start Rpm etc bevaude in comp mode you are emulating a CSW v2.5 and this has some serious coding issues in F1 2019. Maybe this is another issue in comp mode in that game..
  • When is the PS4 Podium DD1 going to get the official drivers? I bought the PS4 DD1 podium and pedals and I also bought the shifter and it's sitting in boxes because nothing was working 100 percent yet. In GT Sport the pedal motors don't work and flag lights not to mentionnone of the rotary dials for any games unlike your competitors, in project cars 2 only compat mode works in Assetto Corsa pedal motors don't work. I'm currently using the TG-T hoping the official drivers are released soon and maybe some compatibility issues get resolved because I really want to give the DD1 a fair shot and review and also enjoy the thing. Thank you.
  • edited July 2019
    When is the PS4 Podium DD1 going to get the official drivers? I bought the PS4 DD1 podium and pedals and I also bought the shifter and it's sitting in boxes because nothing was working 100 percent yet. In GT Sport the pedal motors don't work and flag lights not to mentionnone of the rotary dials for any games unlike your competitors, in project cars 2 only compat mode works in Assetto Corsa pedal motors don't work. I'm currently using the TG-T hoping the official drivers are released soon and maybe some compatibility issues get resolved because I really want to give the DD1 a fair shot and review and also enjoy the thing. Thank you.
    Ehm... Official drivers are already released, of course. Latest official driver is 334 or 335 and latest beta is 340. But the official ones were released in April with the DD launch. When pedal vibration and rotary encoders don't work this has nothing to do with a missing driver. It's because the game developers didn't updated their games to the latest official SDK yet. Nothing Fanatec can change, you need to ask the game devs to support the new Fanatec Features. However, Assetto Corsa and PCARS2 are EOL titles which will not get any patch anymore so you have to live with what is working now. Sell your T-GT and just use your DD now..
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    HI Marcel

Csl Elite ps4
    Driver v340
    Firmware 658

when the update complete's the wheel recalibrates and restarts in ps4 mode (blue light)
    now this is the issue!

As soon as i then switch the mode to PC mode (red light) adjust my settings on the wheel and enter the wheel properties page to calibrate my pedals this results in the loss of force feed back

the only way i can keep the forcefeed back is if i dont make the above adjustments.

Thanks marcel

What do you adjust and calibrate so I can try the exact same?
    PC Driver 340
    WB FW:30
    SW FW:28

On the V2 wheel with the Advanced Paddles the clutch paddles and bitepoint  doesn't work in iRacing. They dont even show when you press them in iRacing. Now they worked in the previous official drivers but here they dont 

There is no Wheel Base Firmware 30
    The clutch bite point shouldn't be affected by the game.
    Which wheel base do you have so I can try to reproduce it. 
  • aaahhahahahhhhahhaha

When is the PS4 Podium DD1 going to get the official drivers? I bought the PS4 DD1 podium and pedals and I also bought the shifter and it's sitting in boxes because nothing was working 100 percent yet. In GT Sport the pedal motors don't work and flag lights not to mentionnone of the rotary dials for any games unlike your competitors, in project cars 2 only compat mode works in Assetto Corsa pedal motors don't work. I'm currently using the TG-T hoping the official drivers are released soon and maybe some compatibility issues get resolved because I really want to give the DD1 a fair shot and review and also enjoy the thing. Thank you.

• Daniel EvansDaniel Evans Member
    edited July 2019
    HI Marcel

Csl Elite ps4
    Driver v340
    Firmware 658

now this is the issue!

Thanks marcel

i adjust my steering sensitivity down to 360 instead of auto turn my brf up to 100 and turn fei down to 0 then i enter the wheel proprities page and calibrate my pedals to ensure everything working correctly 
  • edited July 2019
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2

Description:
    Then the wheel base seemed to be turned off. No force on the wheel (but also no cogging that you normally have, when it's turned off). The OLED of the wheel base and the steering wheel were black.

Do not use compatibility mode in F1 2019. Use only the pc mode as the DD is fully compatible with F1 2019 and it has some serious issues when running that game in comp mode like a massive 100% jolt to the right at race starts when hitting optimal start Rpm etc bevaude in comp mode you are emulating a CSW v2.5 and this has some serious coding issues in F1 2019. Maybe this is another issue in comp mode in that game..
    Maybe it's not because of the compatibility mode in F1 2019:
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/comment/31587/#Comment_31587
  • DD2 with F1 LE rim with advanced paddle module and pedals CS V3

PC Driver: 340
    WB FW: 358
    SW FW: 28

I think other user has already posted something about the base freezing when turning it on or changing modes, I can report that this issue hasn't been adressed with the latest driver.

To clarify the issue: when turning it on, at the point we have to press the buttons to clear up the torque messages, sometimes the base freezes and not even the profiler can be accessed. The only solution is to press the e-stop red button.

Some feedback about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL Elite PS4
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Elite Steering Wheel P1
    Base FW Version: 022
    Wheel FW Version: 658

Since this update (from a much older version) I don't have the purple power indicator for compatibility mode, only green (Xbox), red (PC) and blue (PS). Has compatibility mode been removed?
    i adjust my steering sensitivity down to 360 instead of auto turn my brf up to 100 and turn fei down to 0 then i enter the wheel proprities page and calibrate my pedals to ensure everything working correctly 
    The problem is FEI 0, there is indeed a bug when restarting the base with FEI 0 there is no FFB unless you raise FEI and lower it back to 0 or you just use FEI 10 for now until we solve it. 
    edited July 2019

Since this update (from a much older version) I don't have the purple power indicator for compatibility mode, only green (Xbox), red (PC) and blue (PS). Has compatibility mode been removed?
    Press the mode button until the light turns purple, will take about 5seconds.
    DD2 with F1 LE rim with advanced paddle module and pedals CS V3

I think other user has already posted something about the base freezing when turning it on or changing modes, I can report that this issue hasn't been adressed with the latest driver.

To clarify the issue: when turning it on, at the point we have to press the buttons to clear up the torque messages, sometimes the base freezes and not even the profiler can be accessed. The only solution is to press the e-stop red button.

Thanks we are aware and try to find the root cause to fix it. 

Marcel... With this driver, maybe just luck but I haven't had a freeze... But I still sometimes don't see the first torque message, the "design" of the message is there but no text, just the outlines, as soon as I press one button than the second message appears ok. This was something that used to happen when was going to get freezed, but till now I've been luck and no freezes with this driver...
  • Luna LLuna L Member

Ok, thanks!
    I see that way I can get purple mode and yellow/orange mode as well.
    Purple mode should be CSW V2 compatibility mode for PS4 I believe?
    But what is the yellow mode for?
  • Luna LLuna L Member

Ok, thanks!

After searching around a bit on various forums I found this: (CSL Elite PS4 base) Yellow mode should be CSW v2 compatibility mode for use on PS4. Purple mode should be Logitech compatibility mode for use on PS4. Can anyone confirm or correct this? And is there a list of which games need what mode?
    Ok, thanks!

After searching around a bit on various forums I found this: (CSL Elite PS4 base) Yellow mode should be CSW v2 compatibility mode for use on PS4. Purple mode should be Logitech compatibility mode for use on PS4. Can anyone confirm or correct this? And is there a list of which games need what mode?
    I can confirm, at the moment Dirt 1 comes to my mind, not sure about others. All new ones should work normally.
  • Daniel EvansDaniel Evans Member
    edited July 2019
    HI Marcel

Csl Elite ps4
    Driver v340
    Firmware 658

now this is the issue!

Thanks marcel

i adjust my steering sensitivity down to 360 instead of auto turn my brf up to 100 and turn fei down to 0

The problem is FEI 0, there is indeed a bug when restarting the base with FEI 0 there is no FFB unless you raise FEI and lower it back to 0 or you just use FEI 10 for now until we solve it. 
    thanks marcel thought i was going mad 

Marcel... With this driver, maybe just luck but I haven't had a freeze... But I still sometimes don't see the first torque message, the "design" of the message is there but no text, just the outlines, as soon as I press one button than the second message appears ok. This was something that used to happen when was going to get freezed, but till now I've been luck and no freezes with this driver...
    I talked too early... It has freezed...
  • what do you mean by freezed? Me, my problem on my DD1 PS4, sometimes I can play 4 days quietly, and suddenly in full play, the buttons on my steering wheel do not respond, the rotation and the pedals work. obliged to turn it on again to make it walk again, but sometimes it does not want to refit on ignition. The buttons do not work, only the message on the torque is marked on the base at this time! I do not understand why, he is able to walk for 4 days on long gaming session, and a hit this bug! It happens sometimes when it bug on ignition, the fans blow up.
  • Hello, where can I get the FW30 version for CSL Elite PS4 base?

Because in v340 only v22 is included.
  • Hello, where can I get the FW30 version for CSL Elite PS4 base?

Because in v340 only v22 is included.
    There is no motor firmware 30 for CSL Elite. That version is DD only.
  • Hello Marcel! I am unable to install the fw20 engine for csl elite. I'm not very good at this. would it be possible to have a v340 driver with the fw20 engine to be able to download it and run it like on the web? many thanks. regards!!
    Hello Marcel! I am unable to install the fw20 engine for csl elite. I'm not very good at this. would it be possible to have a v340 driver with the fw20 engine to be able to download it and run it like on the web? many thanks. regards!!
    1. Export the V20 motor driver to your desktop
    2. Open the driver interface
    3. Go to the "Update" tab of it
    4. Click on "Update Wheel Base Motor Firmware"
    5. Click Yes 
    6. Click connect
    7. Click on the three dots next to the Firmware File 
    8. Select the file v20 file you have on the desktop
    9. Flash firmware
    10. Close the window after it's done
  • great Marcel !! perfect!!. thank you very much for the quick response and for the patience hehe. Thank you. regards!!
  • I’ve spent some time with the different motor fw and I have gathered some conclusions. When I initially tried motor fw v20, for the first 24-36 hours, everything was great. My CSW V2.5 was ultra smooth with minimal coil whine. After that time period everything went downhill fast, and realized that v20 is flawed with the same issues as v18. There was the jerky startup, coil whine got louder and the motor would hum a bit when you turn the wheel even just a millimeter. What makes v18 and v20 unusable for me though is an awful grainy sand like sensation when turning coming from the motor. I have since resorted back to using motor fw v22 would rather deal with its notches lol. The thing about v22 is that the notches are only really perceivable in slow to moderately slow movements of the wheel, so say for example, if I’m playing Assetto Corsa Competizione, the notches won’t bother me because of the quick movements and the heavy ffb as opposed to something like ETS2. The thing with v18 and v20 now, is no matter how quickly or slowly you turn the wheel or how strong the ffb is that rough grainy feel is there. But the serious problem with it though is that the grainy feel is strong enough to dilute or mask ffb details like when my tires are starting to slip, and again, this problem goes away once you restart the base. So yeah I’ve concluded that v22 will have to suffice for the time being as the notches doesn’t really affect ffb much. Also, all of these issues are independent of the base firmware as I have tested every single combination.
This discussion has been closed.