Fanatec Beta Driver V340 for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Akeem, 

I'm experiencing all of the same things with my CSW V2.5 as you are. Have you noticed that the coil whine only starts AFTER the notchy/grainy feeling begins? In other words, when I boot up the wheel base, there is no coil whine at all and no notchy feeling. After driving for a short period of time, the notchy/grainy feeling starts and so does the coil whine. 

Note that I still haven't updated to the latest firmware, I am still using the following:

CSW V2.5
    PC Driver: 336
    Wheel Base Firmware: 656
    Wheel Base Motor: 18
  • Yes I have noticed that as well. I am uploading 3 short sound clips to YouTube. All different sounds that I discovered one day after the other using v20. I'll link them when they have fully processed.
  • Akeem DorsetAkeem Dorset Member
    edited July 2019
    here are the sound clips. Turn your volume up high or use headphones to hear the humming in the last one clearly.

• DD2 with F1 LE rim with advanced paddle module and pedals CS V3

PC Driver: 340
    WB FW: 358
    SW FW: 28

I think other user has already posted something about the base freezing when turning it on or changing modes, I can report that this issue hasn't been adressed with the latest driver.

To clarify the issue: when turning it on, at the point we have to press the buttons to clear up the torque messages, sometimes the base freezes and not even the profiler can be accessed. The only solution is to press the e-stop red button.

Some feedback about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Thanks we are aware and try to find the root cause to fix it. 
    Marcel... With this driver, maybe just luck but I haven't had a freeze... But I still sometimes don't see the first torque message, the "design" of the message is there but no text, just the outlines, as soon as I press one button than the second message appears ok. This was something that used to happen when was going to get freezed, but till now I've been luck and no freezes with this driver...
    I talked too early... It has freezed...
    Marcel, it happend twice today,please take care of this issue as soon as possible. It's really annoying!
  • edited July 2019
    fanatec wheel property page won't recognise the dd1 after i updated firmware. any solutions?

edit: it was stuck in compatibility mode, i had to hard reset it then switch back to pc mode.
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    Is there any way to update the "Universal Hub for Xbox One?
    If I reflash the base with the same firmware, does the hub get an update then as well?
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Is there any way to update the "Universal Hub for Xbox One?
    If I reflash the base with the same firmware, does the hub get an update then as well?
    Basically all wheels with 7-segment display and not an OLED are not able to be updated because they have no boot loader mode.
  • Luna LLuna L Member
    Thanks Marcel!
  • I don't remember that "Ok... I guess" sound, I have to test my wheel.
    But I have the first and the third video sounds, I'm 100% sure.
  • I also don't recall ever hearing the "Ok... I guess" sound, but am 100% sure as well that my CSW 2.5 makes the sound in the first and third videos. 
  • Akeem DorsetAkeem Dorset Member
    edited July 2019
    Well aside from the outlier that is clip #2, it’s good to know that these findings are kind of consistent across multiple bases.
  • Hello,

Is it possible to have an update about a Podium DD1/DD2 known issue?
    It's about rotary encoder on the Universal Hub PC that doesn't works well on Podium DD1/DD2. Sometimes I need to turn the encoder 4 steps/click to finally be detected. This issue was confirmed one month ago. I had the hope that this bug would be solved with this driver 336.

I've tried as well and have it noted. 
    ------------------------------------------------------

@Marcel Have you had time to investigate further on this problem?
    Hello,

It's about rotary encoder on the Universal Hub PC that doesn't works well on Podium DD1/DD2. Sometimes I need to turn the encoder 4 steps/click to finally be detected. This issue was confirmed one month ago. I had the hope that this bug would be solved with this driver 336.

Nothing more I can do from my side, developers are aware of the issue and will fix it
  • edited July 2019
    Good news! I was afraid that it could not be solved. Thx Marcel.
  • Jean MarthJean Marth Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi, I have a problem with the rotary encoder on the DD2 base in combination with my CS Formula black and the CS Porsche 918 RSR wheel.
    With both wheels the rotary encoder does not recognize every impuls. So if I turn in one direction a few impulses a ok then a few a not ok and so on. it's erratic. Maybe 2 to the right are ok then 3 are not recornized then 4 are recognized and so on.

I tried PC driver v335 and the included FW also v336 and now driver 340 with WB FW 658 and Motor FW 30
    I can reproduce the erratic behavour in the function test window of the controller profile as in the used games.

Edit: With my CS SW Formula V2 (SW FW 28) the rotary encoder is functioning as it should, so I think there is a driver problem with the older wheels.

• Hi, I have a problem with the rotary encoder on the DD2 base in combination with my CS Formula black and the CS Porsche 918 RSR wheel.
    With both wheels the rotary encoder does not recognize every impuls. So if I turn in one direction a few impulses a ok then a few a not ok and so on. it's erratic. Maybe 2 to the right are ok then 3 are not recornized then 4 are recognized and so on.

I tried PC driver v335 and the included FW also v336 and now driver 340 with WB FW 658 and Motor FW 30
    I can reproduce the erratic behavour in the function test window of the controller profile as in the used games.
    Is this a driver issue or a malfunctioning wheel base?

It's neither a driver issue nor a DD issue I would say. I think this is a technical limitation of the relatively old hardware in the steering wheels and because these old wheels doesn't have a bootloader mode they can't be updated with a new firmware so this most probably can't be solved.

• Hello,

Nothing more I can do from my side, developers are aware of the issue and will fix it
    I don't know if it helps Marcel, but I've noticed there seems to be no problem with the encoder if the USB is disconnected.  When I updated firmware, I did the update, disconnected USB, performed calibrations, then connected to PC.  When performing calibrations, the encoder worked fine without skipping any pulses.  Once connected, it seemed to skip pulses as others are reporting.
  • Hai there everyone

Newbie Fanatec customer here.

I bought my first set of Fanatec gear a few months ago when i purchased my clubsport V3 pedals and i absolutely adore them!
    So i thought, this works great, so more of this would be even greater right?
    So i really went out on a limb and bought a Wheelbase and wheel i had coveted for absolute ages after seeing youtubers like DigiProst exhibiting the BMW GT2 wheel to go with my new Clubsport Wheelbase v2.5

However sadly i have had the wheel a couple of days and i simply cannot get it to work properly. My original thread some of the user's here were very helpful with their suggestions and user ''Joseph Gossen'' directed me here to these particular set of drivers and firmware.

I've managed to overcome a couple of my original gripes i had with it. but the main one i have now is the Calibration.
    I have followed absolutely every video tutorial, scrutinized every word of the manual. the main problem i have is when it comes to ''Calibrating the Wheel'' i press the tuning button as instructed by the video, making sure the wheel is absolutely straight with the angle value at ''0'' 

as i press the two sticks of the wheel in to calibrate it,the slider on the profiler immediately darts to -153 on the left despite the wheel not having moved at all...

I have been at this now for a day and a night and feel i am out of options other than to try this set of Drivers and Firmware that Joseph was cool enough to link me too. 

Has anyone else had success with these drivers? I kind of don't wish my first real dealing with Fanatec to be marred by this technical glitch.

Also willing to accept any advice/help anyone is willing to provide as I've exhausted my capacity of troubleshooting :)

Thanks guys!

• Hello,

I don't know if it helps Marcel, but I've noticed there seems to be no problem with the encoder if the USB is disconnected.  When I updated firmware, I did the update, disconnected USB, performed calibrations, then connected to PC.  When performing calibrations, the encoder worked fine without skipping any pulses.  Once connected, it seemed to skip pulses as others are reporting.
    Just tested it and I have the same finding. If the DD2 is not connected to the PC the rotary encoder on the Porsche wheel is working fine in the WB setup menu. As soon as connected to the PC the erratic behavior of the rotary encoder starts also in the WB setup menu.. 
  • Hi

I have some issue with my DD2.

These drivers and their related FW I have use so far.

1. After turning on the DD2, the wheel is not centred, its off the centre about 6° as of the Properties Page.

2. Motor centring is off as well.

3. Notchy feeling:

It feels like or similar to the thumb encoder on the F1 2019 wheel. I have to overcome some force when rotating the wheel.

Very noticeable when DD2 is turned off.

With Driver 340 it’s less noticeable when DD2 is turned on but it’s still there.

• Both your first "issues" are absolutely normal. No base centers 100% after booting. As long as it's showing 0° in the driver when you physically center the wheel then everything is correct. Notching is also normal when powered off and when turning VERY slowly with a small wheel it's also still possible to feel a bit notching when powered on, which is also normal. So no issue with your base.
  • Hello Maurice,

Thank you for your fast reply.

So, I can sleep well tonight

#:-S
    Hi, I have a problem with the rotary encoder on the DD2 base in combination with my CS Formula black and the CS Porsche 918 RSR wheel.

Is this a driver issue or a malfunctioning wheel base?

It's neither a driver issue nor a DD issue I would say. I think this is a technical limitation of the relatively old hardware in the steering wheels and because these old wheels doesn't have a bootloader mode they can't be updated with a new firmware so this most probably can't be solved.
    It's a known issue, we ware working on it. It's not a problem of the wheel or that it doesn't have a bootloader like Maurice said. 

Hello,

Thanks, I've noted it.
  • Clutch paddles on the APM on Universal Hub for XBOX One on DD2 are screwed with this firmware, at 100% physical travel it drops to 50% on driver page, if I pull both clutch paddles100% then the number 50 will sometimes flash on the Hubs little display, also the APM Mode page on base and wheel is missing completely. Going back to v336 drivers and flashing Wheelbase firmware back to 656 fixed all these issues.
  • Clutch paddles on the APM on Universal Hub for XBOX One on DD2 are screwed with this firmware, at 100% physical travel it drops to 50% on driver page, if I pull both clutch paddles100% then the number 50 will sometimes flash on the Hubs little display, also the APM Mode page on base and wheel is missing completely. Going back to v336 drivers and flashing Wheelbase firmware back to 656 fixed all these issues.
    Exactly My Findings...I Posted a Video showing the same thing on page 1 of this thread.
    We are working on bringing the clutch paddle functionality back to how it was with 336.
  • Hi Marcel. Just wondering if there's any possiblity of getting some adjustment in the driver to allow the turning force to reduce itself at low/parking speeds, but not at the full force end of the range? I think this is what Simcube have made possible and it would be a really good option for Podium DD wheelbases.
  • When I Install these drivers my Podium shows up as a Clubsport 2.5 base in the Windows control panel. That because it's in compatibility mode?
  • When I Install these drivers my Podium shows up as a Clubsport 2.5 base in the Windows control panel. That because it's in compatibility mode?
    Yes. But that's also the case with any other driver when the Base is in Compatibility mode.......
This discussion has been closed.