Please help us to find the right name for our new software package UPDATE Please Vote!

167891012»

Comments

• **FANATEC DEVS** - Where is the new software!??? 

More filters are needed ASAP for the Podium wheelbase to compete with SimuCube on fidelity and realism. 

This isn't true at all.

Yes it is, I play rf2 and I’m waiting for a filter to smooth out the high frequency noise in the ffb. A friend who uses a simucube setup has such a filter. Until we have a filter like that, I have to turn down the intensity which I’m not 100% happy with.
  • Steven WrightSteven Wright Member
    edited July 2019
    **FANATEC DEVS** - Where is the new software!??? 

More filters are needed ASAP for the Podium wheelbase to compete with SimuCube on fidelity and realism. 

This isn't true at all.

Yes it is, I play rf2 and I’m waiting for a filter to smooth out the high frequency noise in the ffb. A friend who uses a simucube setup has such a filter. Until we have a filter like that, I have to turn down the intensity which I’m not 100% happy with.
    I play RF2 also with my DD2.  No idea what it is you are looking for though, for me it's perfect.
    The software is more like a profile manager, from what I read.. a convenience tool to let you manage presets and maybe tweak a few lighting arrangements and that kind of thing, but I don't think its going to do anything with substance, that you can't already do on the base.

There is a smoothing setting in RF2, there's also Force Effect Intensity on the base.  I have yet to find a situation, in any sim where I can't get the wheel to feel absolutely amazing, plus unlike a lot of the other DD's out there, this truly is plug and play.  Others have to fiddle with their software (simxperience / mmos etc) to change dor per car and a bunch of other things, especially for older games like RF2 / R3E.. Fanatec DD2 just works, just like previous bases CSW and even Logitech/Thrustmaster.

Yup, can't wait for the software myself, because I forget which preset is which (a post-it-note would solve that, but that's so 1990's) and want a bit more convenience, but other than that, nothing more is needed.

This isn't true at all.

I play RF2 also with my DD2.  No idea what it is you are looking for though, for me it's perfect.
    The software is more like a profile manager, from what I read.. a convenience tool to let you manage presets and maybe tweak a few lighting arrangements and that kind of thing, but I don't think its going to do anything with substance, that you can't already do on the base.

There is a smoothing setting in RF2, there's also Force Effect Intensity on the base.  I have yet to find a situation, in any sim where I can't get the wheel to feel absolutely amazing, plus unlike a lot of the other DD's out there, this truly is plug and play.  Others have to fiddle with their software (simxperience / mmos etc) to change dor per car and a bunch of other things, especially for older games like RF2 / R3E.. Fanatec DD2 just works, just like previous bases CSW and even Logitech/Thrustmaster.

Yup, can't wait for the software myself, because I forget which preset is which (a post-it-note would solve that, but that's so 1990's) and want a bit more convenience, but other than that, nothing more is needed.

Smoothing in rf2 unfortunately smooths not only the high frequency noise but also the actual ffb. I have that on 0 as it smooths out effects that I want. As for intensity on the wheel base, I can’t run that at more than 40% without feeling a lot of noise in the ffb. Rf2 does not have any options to filter the noise without affecting other aspects of the ffb. Simucube has a “low pass filter” (or something of the sort) that removes the noise. If the software is limited to purely changing profiles then I’ll be extremely disappointed.

• I am going to sell you a corvette but you can only have 4 cylinders for now........the other 4 are coming "soon".
    Hi Steve, that is an unreasonable analogy. We have provided the whole Corvette. The software is free, and is indeed coming soon. While it has some Podium optimisations, it is intended for all Fanatec wheel bases.

I am going to sell you a corvette but you can only have 4 cylinders for now........the other 4 are coming "soon".
    Hi Steve, that is an unreasonable analogy. We have provided the whole Corvette. The software is free, and is indeed coming soon. While it has some Podium optimisations, it is intended for all Fanatec wheel bases.
    The issue this brings is that people are not doing reviews till this software comes out to give the DD1 its best foot forward when compairing to other products. To be honest at the moment I have been waiting for this software to be released. before i give up on this DD1 and go back to my Simucube. This coupled with the recent price increase has me questioning my future use of my DD1. 

You are just setting yourself up to be angry by speculating about things that definitely aren't happening. The software isn't going to wildly change the way any of the DDs function.

Anyone that acts like the current DD1 and DD2 doesn't compete against Simucube and other offerings is just talking nonsense. Fanatec is still the only setup that lets you easily change it's base parameters on the fly. It's so annoying to hear people talk about some of these software settings in other bases like they are magic when they aren't really doing anything different.
    Ok i have both a DD1 and a Simucube. I used the DD1 since launch and now have swapped back to the simucube. I personally prefer the simucube. it feels better and feels like it has less latency. I am also faster with the simucube. 

This is my personal account.  

• Any danger of getting this software? we was meant to get a beta version almost 3 months ago
  • lee said:
    Any danger of getting this software? we was meant to get a beta version almost 3 months ago

I would be happy with some update info, all we get is “soon”. For 3 months every response is “it’s coming soon” “we will update you soon” Soon, soon ,soon. I don’t even know what that means anymore.
  • Yeah, something would be nice.

meanwhile, guess I was wrong above, guess it will have more functionality for "Pro users"

We are working on some more adjustabilities for pro users included in our upcoming software. The feature you mention which simucube has works differently, it reduces static forces while cornering

• Ivan HruškaIvan Hruška Member
    edited July 2019
    I got some that fit perfectly

FanaSoon™
    DCC - Delay Control Center
  • How is this so delayed?

This isn't true at all.

So why does it take 3 months to program a profile manager?  Why does fanatec keep everyone in the dark?  In the time it took me to type this, a dev could have typed a few sentences to keep people in the loop as to exactly what its going to do and whats going on.  I highly doubt is just a profile manager since they cannot get it working in 3 months.  If you cannot get it working, why not just make an announcement saying that they cannot figure out how to get it working.  To me all the what to call the software was just a tactic to keep people from asking the real question......when are we going to finally get it???????????

• sorry to be so negative but this waiting for software is getting really old.  
  • The DD is working perfectly ATM so why you all be so angry for the Podium Software ?

Be patient and enjoy your equipment !
  • About
    PitStop
  • now we get an added bonus....no only do we have to wonder about the current status of the phantom software...we get a nice little data breech to keep us all busy.  
  • We've been waiting five months for the software to come out.