Fanatec Beta Driver V340 for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Hi Marcel. Just wondering if there's any possiblity of getting some adjustment in the driver to allow the turning force to reduce itself at low/parking speeds, but not at the full force end of the range? I think this is what Simcube have made possible and it would be a really good option for Podium DD wheelbases.
    We are working on some more adjustabilities for pro users included in our upcoming software. The feature you mention which simucube has works differently, it reduces static forces while cornering. 
  • Thanks for the update Marcel. I look forward to seeing what's being developed.
  • edited July 2019

Hi Marcel. Just wondering if there's any possiblity of getting some adjustment in the driver to allow the turning force to reduce itself at low/parking speeds, but not at the full force end of the range? I think this is what Simcube have made possible and it would be a really good option for Podium DD wheelbases.
    We are working on some more adjustabilities for pro users included in our upcoming software. The feature you mention which simucube has works differently, it reduces static forces while cornering. 
    Hi Marcel,

i have send you a PM. ;)

Bye.
  • What is the 2nd zip folder for? Just CSW and CSL bases? Not DD?
    What is the 2nd zip folder for? Just CSW and CSL bases? Not DD?
    yes
  • Does it matter if you turn off the DD1 at the back of the switch or if you simply turn it off by means of a power strip.
  • i have the clubsport v1 and the f1 2019 wheel ,clubsport v2 peddals, working like charm 340 drivers
  • Bill KrauseBill Krause Member
    edited August 2019

Wheel Base Model: Podium DD1

Steering Wheel Model: F1 2019 w APM OR 918 RSR

Driver Version: 340

WHEEL BASE: 656 maybe 658 small on wheel display

MON CON: 30

ST WHEEL: 28

The problem is that the Wheel Base is not showing up in the "Game Controllers" window that is accessed by the Fanatec Wheel Properties Page placed on the desktop after the install of the 2019.07.03-Fanatec_driver_340.

I am attempting to switch back to the DD! from a working V2.5.

This procedure I followed which worked when I successfully switched from the DD! to the V2.5.

Done in the same order only the drivers removed are different.

I removed the V2.5 driver per Way 1.

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/completely-remove-uninstall-drivers-windows-10.html

Before restarting I noted that the Fanatec Wheel Properties Page shortcut was no longer on my desktop. I also checked that the Fanatec drivers where no longer listed on the Uninstall or change program page.

I then ran Fanatec_64_driver_340.

After restart the Fanatec Wheel Properties Page shortcut was again on my desktop. However when I select it The wheel base does not show in the window.

• After restart the Fanatec Wheel Properties Page shortcut was again on my desktop. However when I select it The wheel base does not show in the window.

Reinstall the driver, select repair.
    When prompted to restart, do so.
  • After restart the Fanatec Wheel Properties Page shortcut was again on my desktop. However when I select it The wheel base does not show in the window.

Reinstall the driver, select repair.
    When prompted to restart, do so.
    Same problem, wheel base does not show.
  • Sorry I've found my problem.  

When I setup my rig to be able to swap between the DD! and the V2.5 I set it up so that all the cables required for either installation where nearby.  I also left both power modules connected to the power strip.  When I mounted and connected the cables to the DD! I had the the USB for the V2.5 connected to the computer and the other end set asside with the power cable and the DD! USB only connected to the DD!.  The pegboard makes the cabling neat but does place a curtain between the rig and the computer.

After connecting the DD! USB to the computer all is fine.

Wheel Base Model: Podium DD1

Steering Wheel Model: F1 2019 w APM OR 918 RSR

Driver Version: 340

WHEEL BASE: 656 maybe 658 small on wheel display

MON CON: 30

ST WHEEL: 28

The problem is that the Wheel Base is not showing up in the "Game Controllers" window that is accessed by the Fanatec Wheel Properties Page placed on the desktop after the install of the 2019.07.03-Fanatec_driver_340.

I am attempting to switch back to the DD! from a working V2.5.

This procedure I followed which worked when I successfully switched from the DD! to the V2.5.

Done in the same order only the drivers removed are different.

I removed the V2.5 driver per Way 1.

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/completely-remove-uninstall-drivers-windows-10.html

Before restarting I noted that the Fanatec Wheel Properties Page shortcut was no longer on my desktop. I also checked that the Fanatec drivers where no longer listed on the Uninstall or change program page.

I then ran Fanatec_64_driver_340.

After restart the Fanatec Wheel Properties Page shortcut was again on my desktop. However when I select it The wheel base does not show in the window.

When going back to an older driver, does it work then?
  • Bill KrauseBill Krause Member
    edited August 2019
    When going back to an older driver, does it work then?
    Sorry I've found my problem.  

When I setup my rig to be able to swap between the DD! and the V2.5 I set it up so that all the cables required for either installation where nearby.  I also left both power modules connected to the power strip.  When I mounted and connected the cables to the DD! I had the the USB for the V2.5 connected to the computer and the other end set asside with the power cable and the DD! USB only connected to the DD!.  The pegboard makes the cabling neat but does place a curtain between the rig and the computer.

After connecting the DD! USB to the computer all is fine.

I did not have to go back to an older driver.  I did need to Flash the firmware via the DD! properties.
  • I've used the 340 with both the DD! and V2.5 and both give better (IMHO) road feel.  I was particuarly please with how I did not loose feel with the DD! in order to be able to make hairpins turns with the wheel giving me feedback not fighting me.
  • hi, the zip file has motor v18 and v22, not 20 like it says on the OP
    this is inside the zip:
    EBLDC_V18_rev162_app.hex
    EBLDC_V22_rev335_app.hex

and it says:
    Known Issues:
    • The "notchy" issue of CSW V2.5 and CSL E PS4 which some testers experienced is still under investigation and couldn't get fixed yet. I've attached motor firmware V20 which has less coil whine than V18 and less notching than V22 according to some testers.
  • edited August 2019
    Leo check on the first page in the comments this the version V20, Regards
    hi, the zip file has motor v18 and v22, not 20 like it says on the OP
    this is inside the zip:
    EBLDC_V18_rev162_app.hex
    EBLDC_V22_rev335_app.hex

and it says:
    Known Issues:
    • The "notchy" issue of CSW V2.5 and CSL E PS4 which some testers experienced is still under investigation and couldn't get fixed yet. I've attached motor firmware V20 which has less coil whine than V18 and less notching than V22 according to some testers.
    Scroll down a couple of posts, there is a re upload with V20

Leo fíjate que en la primera pagina esta la versión V20, Saludos
    Please keap it in english to the rest understands it as well. 
  • edited August 2019
    Guys..

According to your experience with all the so far tested combinations of Driver and Firmware, may you please state what so far seems to be the best combination for the CSL Elite PS4 with the Basic Rim, and under PS4 usage (mainly) ??? Please??? :)

Thanks in advance! :)
  • hi, the zip file has motor v18 and v22, not 20 like it says on the OP
    this is inside the zip:
    EBLDC_V18_rev162_app.hex
    EBLDC_V22_rev335_app.hex

and it says:
    Known Issues:
    Scroll down a couple of posts, there is a re upload with V20

Leo fíjate que en la primera pagina esta la versión V20, Saludos
    Please keap it in english to the rest understands it as well. 
    Marcel, Already edit the answer in English

Regard
  • Chad HermannChad Hermann Member
    edited August 2019
    BUG REPORT: 

Wheel Base: DD1
    Steering Wheel: Xbox Universal HUB
    Driver: 340
    WB FW: 658

BUG - When I have my Fanatec  H-Shifter plugged in AND when I have a 2nd shifter plugged in (Ascher Racing Push Pull Rally Shifter). The 2nd shifter will not function properly. Instead it will show push pull rally shifter stuck in Reverse on the H pattern and if I try to shift with the paddle it goes from stuck in reverse to 2nd gear. When I let go it goes back to stuck in reverse. The only way around this is for me to disconnect the H pattern shifter if I want to use my Push/Push. This issue happens on all of the current beta drivers you starter releasing when you released the DD1. I think the last FW where it worked fine was 334.

EDIT: So this issue has happened a few times. At least 3 times. However I don't rally race that much so hooking up the push pull shifter isn't something I have done a lot since getting my DD1 at launch. Anyway I just want to report back what happened just now. I thought it would be a good idea to get a video of this to post here. So I went back and unplugged both shifters to start over. Now it's not replicating the issue. However I know this will happen again so I will post when it does. I'm not sure what causes it. I tried swapping the cables, plugging them in one and a time, both at the same time. It will not reproduce. I'll try to get a video but I would suggest troubleshooting this if your staff has the hardware.
  • So what FW does the 340 driver install by default? and if we want to change it to different one how do we use the Hex file?
  • There are no hex files available. Just load the default one which comes with the driver. For Firmware should be v658 I guess.
  • Strange because I downloaded the 3 hex files earlier..
  • yesterday I found out, that the handbrake only works, if the DD2 is put in v2.5 compatibility mode. In PC mode, the handbrake is not recognized, and is show as pulled.
    Is that a bug? Same happened with the 335 driver.
    yesterday I found out, that the handbrake only works, if the DD2 is put in v2.5 compatibility mode. In PC mode, the handbrake is not recognized, and is show as pulled.
    The handbrake should work the same in both modes, does re-plugging or re-starting make a difference? Can you try to enable manual mode in the settings tab and then manually calibrate it?
  • edited August 2019
    yesterday I found out, that the handbrake only works, if the DD2 is put in v2.5 compatibility mode. In PC mode, the handbrake is not recognized, and is show as pulled.
    The handbrake should work the same in both modes, does re-plugging or re-starting make a difference? Can you try to enable manual mode in the settings tab and then manually calibrate it?
    I can't enable the manual mode, because there is no checkbox. I think it's because I have no Fanatec pedals. 
    I tried different things, reinstall driver and reupdate base without handbrake plugged in, restart pc and base, with and without handbrake. I think I tried all configurations :) but always the same result. works in v2.5 mode and not in PC mode. And in PC mode always handbrake-trigged indicator, no matter if handbrake plugged in or not.
    You are right that manual mode only works with our pedals plugged in. I've tried it another time here, this time without pedals plugged in as well but again for me it works the same in both modes. Interesting that you get the full handbrake signal also when no handbrake is plugged, but if it's working normally in one mode it shouldn't be a defect of the port or the DD itself. Did you downgrade also the Wheel Base firmware manually when switching back to the 335 driver? Please do that if you didn't already to see if it's the firmware of the DD. 
  • I didn't tried the downgrade step, I gonna try it this evening. 
  • edited August 2019
    DD2 with F1 LE rim with advanced paddle module and pedals CS V3

PC Driver: 340
    WB FW: 358
    SW FW: 28

I think other user has already posted something about the base freezing when turning it on or changing modes, I can report that this issue hasn't been adressed with the latest driver.

To clarify the issue: when turning it on, at the point we have to press the buttons to clear up the torque messages, sometimes the base freezes and not even the profiler can be accessed. The only solution is to press the e-stop red button.

Some feedback about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Thanks we are aware and try to find the root cause to fix it. 
    Marcel... With this driver, maybe just luck but I haven't had a freeze... But I still sometimes don't see the first torque message, the "design" of the message is there but no text, just the outlines, as soon as I press one button than the second message appears ok. This was something that used to happen when was going to get freezed, but till now I've been luck and no freezes with this driver...
    If I press the acknowledge button immediately when the first torque message pops up it will work every time for me. If I wait then the chances are about 50/50.
  • Have been using this driver for weeks.  Don't understand what happened today.  I'll try to describe the event:

PC driver 340
    WB FW: 658
    WBM FW 30
    SW FW 28

Started up computer, depressed remote power button and the wheel came up but was stuck in the torque question.  It would not respond to pressing the button to proceed.  Looking at the Fanatec Wheels Properties the base thought it was a universal hub.  Sorry I did not check the FW configuration at that time.  I tried to then power down the base with the remote switch and held the button in for much more than 5 seconds but it did not power down.  I then pressed and held the power button on the back of the DD! holding it as well for more than 5 seconds and it did not power down.   I then restarted my computer but after restart nothing changed.  I then shut down the computer and started, no change.  So I then hit the emergency stop and the DD! power was removed.  I power it back up but again it did not recognize the F1 wheel.  I removed it and re installed the F1 but no change.  I then swapped out the F1 for the 918 and the 918 was recognized.  I then swapped back the F1 and it was recognized.  

So I entered a IMSA race at LeMans.  I was able to make a qualifying lap and the paddle shifters worked as I expected.  Then I enter the grid and the paddle shifters no longer shifted.  I had to go to the options page and reset the shifteres to the exact same settings they already where in qualifying only moments before.  But I missed the start.  Once I got back into the race it seemed to work as it had done in qualifying which is the configuration I've been using for weeks.

??
This discussion has been closed.