New DD2 isntalled, no FAN and not working DISPLAY

Hi,

I just mounted and installed my new DD2 base together with an universal Hub. But I wonder how to get the display working?

After firmware update the DD2 does also not appear in the Windows Gamecontroller Settings.

If I restart my pc the DD2 rotates and the power light is on. But i can not configure it...

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• You are most likely in the Xbox Mode because of the Xbox Hub. Press the correct button combo to set the D into PC mode and then it will show up in the Gamecontroller panel.
  • Thank you,

switched to PC mode and 2.5 mode and the wheel base is now visible again in the microsoft gamecontroller settings.

But no FAN or DISPLAY seems to work. I contacted support and they gave me a new firmware... will test it this evening!

Best Regards,

Werner
  • This seems to be an issue with the latest batch of DD1 wheelbases.  I've posted the specific issue on another thread for anyone who is experiencing the same issue.

I heard somewhere that some batches of the DD1 had the motors upgraded to DD2.  I'm not sure if that is related to the LED screen issue.

Most likely you will need to send in your wheelbase for a replacement.
  • I heard somewhere that some batches of the DD1 had the motors upgraded to DD2. I'm not sure if that is related to the LED screen issue.
    All DD1 wheel bases are using the DD2 motor. That's no specific batch.

Related to the non working OLED I would contact the support.
  • Hi,

so far the support does not react to my answers... I have sent them three videos where I show all the things the wheel can't do. For example I am able to handle the wheel with one hand at 100% FF and 100% FF setup in RaceRoom. The wheel is not strong enough.

Best Regards,

Werner
  • Hi,

so far the support does not react to my answers... I have sent them three videos where I show all the things the wheel can't do. For example I am able to handle the wheel with one hand at 100% FF and 100% FF setup in RaceRoom. The wheel is not strong enough.

Best Regards,

Werner
    Hey Werner,

Would you mind sharing the video?

Is the force feedback on the wheel base set to 100% too?  Although RaceRoom may be set in game to 100%, that's only 100% of what the wheelbase is set to.  For example, if the wheelbase itself is set to 20%, and RaceRoom is at 50%, your true force feedback will be 10% of the wheelbase (at least that's how I think it works).

-Cory
  • Ok,

a littlte update: we found the FF multiplicator setting in RaceRoom and we can't handle the wheel anymore :D

The wheel develops so much torque we can't believe it. This is solved.

So only the display an the fan is not working at the moment. Currently the support is helping me.

Best Regards

Werner
  • Hi,

end of last week I could send the DD back to Fanatec. Yesterday the unit arrived. It is the same unit with same serial number. And the display wörks!

The topic can be changed to [solved]

Thanks for support! :D

Werner