Fanatec Beta Driver V340 for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

1235»

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Very weird indeed, sorry that it ruined your start, I'm not sure if it's software or hardware related because it worked so long for you before. 
  • yesterday I found out, that the handbrake only works, if the DD2 is put in v2.5 compatibility mode. In PC mode, the handbrake is not recognized, and is show as pulled.
    Is that a bug? Same happened with the 335 driver.
    I have a issue w/ my Fanatec Handbrake but it's been like this with my CSW v2.5 base and my DD1. With two different Fanatec Handbrakes. If I have it connected directly to the base (CSW and DD1) it will show that it's pulled half way or all the way, just a very random percentage of pull. It's a grounding issue I think. If I connect my HB directly to my PC it works just fine. I've just come to live with it at this point. I'm not sure why Fanatec used this 3.5mm connector. I think that is the problem.
  • You are right that manual mode only works with our pedals plugged in. I've tried it another time here, this time without pedals plugged in as well but again for me it works the same in both modes. Interesting that you get the full handbrake signal also when no handbrake is plugged, but if it's working normally in one mode it shouldn't be a defect of the port or the DD itself. Did you downgrade also the Wheel Base firmware manually when switching back to the 335 driver? Please do that if you didn't already to see if it's the firmware of the DD. 
    I just downgraded to 335 and it’s still the same. Handbrake works fine in v2.5 mode but not in PC mode. Now I have: Wheel base 653 Base motor 30 Something else I can try?
  • You are right that manual mode only works with our pedals plugged in. I've tried it another time here, this time without pedals plugged in as well but again for me it works the same in both modes. Interesting that you get the full handbrake signal also when no handbrake is plugged, but if it's working normally in one mode it shouldn't be a defect of the port or the DD itself. Did you downgrade also the Wheel Base firmware manually when switching back to the 335 driver? Please do that if you didn't already to see if it's the firmware of the DD. 
    I just downgraded to 335 and it’s still the same. Handbrake works fine in v2.5 mode but not in PC mode. Now I have: Wheel base 653 Base motor 30 Something else I can try?
    Ok, now I used a different USB port and everything seems to work :smiley: in every mode...

• So I entered a IMSA race at LeMans.  I was able to make a qualifying lap and the paddle shifters worked as I expected.  Then I enter the grid and the paddle shifters no longer shifted.  I had to go to the options page and reset the shifteres to the exact same settings they already where in qualifying only moments before.  But I missed the start.  Once I got back into the race it seemed to work as it had done in qualifying which is the configuration I've been using for weeks.

Ignor this in my frustration I failed to recognize that the gear selection is inhibited until the formation lap begins.
  • edited August 2019
    DD2 with F1 LE rim with advanced paddle module and pedals CS V3

PC Driver: 340
    WB FW: 358
    SW FW: 28

I think other user has already posted something about the base freezing when turning it on or changing modes, I can report that this issue hasn't been adressed with the latest driver.

To clarify the issue: when turning it on, at the point we have to press the buttons to clear up the torque messages, sometimes the base freezes and not even the profiler can be accessed. The only solution is to press the e-stop red button.

Some feedback about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Thanks we are aware and try to find the root cause to fix it. 
    Marcel... With this driver, maybe just luck but I haven't had a freeze... But I still sometimes don't see the first torque message, the "design" of the message is there but no text, just the outlines, as soon as I press one button than the second message appears ok. This was something that used to happen when was going to get freezed, but till now I've been luck and no freezes with this driver...
    If I press the acknowledge button immediately when the first torque message pops up it will work every time for me. If I wait then the chances are about 50/50.
    As already mentioned in case of an older driver / firmware, it's the same for me (DD2 and F1 2019 steering wheel).
    But even if I acknowledge the message immediately it freezes sometimes (or I'm not fast enough).
    Maybe interesting - since a couple of weeks I also own a Formula V2 and with that steering wheel attached I never had those freezes when turning it on. And I also never had those double or triple messages with the Formula V2 attached.
  • Psql .Psql . Member
    edited August 2019
    Have been using this driver for weeks.  Don't understand what happened today.  I'll try to describe the event:

PC driver 340
    WB FW: 658
    WBM FW 30
    SW FW 28

Started up computer, depressed remote power button and the wheel came up but was stuck in the torque question.  It would not respond to pressing the button to proceed.  Looking at the Fanatec Wheels Properties the base thought it was a universal hub.  Sorry I did not check the FW configuration at that time.  I tried to then power down the base with the remote switch and held the button in for much more than 5 seconds but it did not power down.  I then pressed and held the power button on the back of the DD! holding it as well for more than 5 seconds and it did not power down.   I then restarted my computer but after restart nothing changed.  I then shut down the computer and started, no change.  So I then hit the emergency stop and the DD! power was removed.  I power it back up but again it did not recognize the F1 wheel.  I removed it and re installed the F1 but no change.  I then swapped out the F1 for the 918 and the 918 was recognized.  I then swapped back the F1 and it was recognized. 

??
    I have the same problem since this weekend but then with the previous v336 driver on my DD1 + Formula V2 wheel. Also the warning message doesn't show which button to press the circle is empty. Even turning the wheel 90 degree doesn't work to unlock all the torque.

I think one of my Windows 10 updates is the problem here. Before this weekend I had a big Windows Update and looks like one of them creates the problem.

I need to power down the base completely with the kill switch and can then start the base again, then it works again but then it's always in low torque mode, after a second restart all is normal again.

Mostly play F1 2019 currently and the game also freezes completely during start screen when the base is in this state. After restarting the base the game continuous and all is normal again. Have seen this twice now after starting my computer and starting the base for the first time after boot.
  • edited August 2019
    Hi guys,

someone with f1 2018 LE and podium paddles can confirm if APM Mode is present on tuning menu ?.

on my podium DD this menu entry don't show even if i downgrade to 335/336/337 or upgrade again on 340 with latest wheelbase and Steering Wheel firmware. Paddles works and show up on drivers page but the TM entry is not present and this is strange because is not present ven on my 2.5

***UPDATE***
    Ahhh , ok.. i thing that APM mode is present only if universal hub is used. it's right ?.

Another thing is that when Podium dd's is set to csw 2.5 compatibility mode the Sensitivity on the Wheelbase can reach 1080 but on the drivers page the max allowed is 900 degrees. It's a problem if this values don't match ?

thank you.
  • No it's not available because the APM Tuning Menü setting is ONLY for the Universal Hub. On the formula v2 you control the the APM with the middle MPS.
  • Hi Marcel Pfister

is there any chance i could try this new motor firmware 30 on my csl elite 

• No, there is no motor firmware v30 for the CSL Elite. Latest motor firmware for the csl elite wheel base+ is v22.
  • I still love my dd1 and The Beta Version 340
  • Does anyone know if there will be a beta available or the upcoming new software?
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Does anyone know if there will be a beta available or the upcoming new software?
    It will go public soon for everyone.
  • Soon...That word I have learned could go on for ever..  ;) \0/
  • Does anyone know if there will be a beta available or the upcoming new software?
    New driver: maybe tomorrow? Last driver was released on a friday as well.
    Software: next weekend after an official announcement on the SimRacing Expo at the Nürburgring?
  • Is that a new beta or RC with changes with respect to these last betas, or is it just promotion of one of them to an official release? Because I feel there are still a lot of issues to be fixed in these last few betas.

how i can get notification about the release of new driver?

Top right of said page, there is a plus sign, you need to click that to bookmark it of any of the the topics

Top right of said page, there is a plus sign, you need to click that to bookmark it of any of the the topics
    thanks,
  • Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited August 2019
    Fanatec CSW 2.5 
    Pc Driver: 340
    Firmware: 658
    Motor Firmware: 20

I can hear a slight humming/whirring when turning the wheel. The whirring sound goes 'faster' when I race faster in my car. Also the whirring sounds is there when I park the car and the wheel becomes tight due FFB. 

Outside the game (rFactor 2) when I turn the wheel I can hear whirring and when I stop turning I can feel it vibrating in my wheel

---------

Fanatec CSW 2.5 
    Pc Driver: 340
    Firmware: 658
    Motor Firmware: 22

I can hear it again, but now if I stop turning the humming/whirring continuous for a few seconds.

--------------

It's like something inside it is still turning or having a delay when I stop turning. So strange. It's the same sound as clip 2 that someone posted. 

-----
    Or 

my base is broken, lol. However, everything is fine. Only that whirring.. Luckily I can't hear it when I am using the ingame sound. 

---

Official driver has the same whirring sound. Hoped this beta would fixed it. 

-------------------

So strange. I was watching Big Bang Theory for a hour, so I turned everything off. Now I turned it on and the whirring is gone. Gonna test it with rFactor 2. Good, it's still there. When went in the game, and clicked on race, the wheel kind of 'snapped'. Like it hard to center it self or had to boot up the FFB, and it started to making the sound again. I assume it's a driver-bug or so

I don't know how it works, but I think it's a issue related to the Force feedback or perhaps the damper, or driftmode-thingy. 

I am also certain it's not a hardware issue in my base, cause it's the similar sound of clip 2 someone posted. 

----

Just tested it again after a few hours. Booted up fresh, started the base, no whirring sound when turning the wheel. However, once I went ingame it started to whirr when racing. So I am 100% it's something driver-related. Some communication fault or so with driftmode or the damper, I suppose. 

I will just race with these firmware and such. I can't hear it when using my headphones. I only hope nothing breaks. 

--

Last edit: I just booted up the base. Did not started any game. Everything was fine. Then I played a bit with the driftmode. I did put it on 005 and -005, off and everything between. It started to make whirring / fluting sound or so. So I am sure it's the driftmode that does make that whirring sound. The same sound that occurs on clip 2 from guy on page 2.  So it's either a driver / firmware / motor fw fault or my base is faulty. @Marcel_Pfister Hope someone respond soon. I am so nervous I hopefully found a bug or so or worser; it's my base
This discussion has been closed.