Ps4 elite base flashing red light

Hi, has anyone had there CSL PS4 wheel base all of the sudden decides it does not want to boot up ? the rim does not turn at all then the red light starts flashing no matter what i do. i have contacted Fanatec on Monday but still no response, thanks

Marty

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    They will get back to you shortly. Can you share a bit more info like the Driver version, what was the last game you played before the issue happened? Have you tried to change modes?
  • Hi there, i am using the latest firmware playing GT Sport and F1 2019. i cant seem to change anything because it starts to boot up but after the yellow leds come on it starts flashing the red power light. The first thing that happened was my brand new GT3 Wheel which i sent in for repair the x button i guess you can call it quit working but i have used it after that and all was fine till i think Monday night tried to play and and it would not boot with any of my Fanatec wheels.
    Try removing the wheel and then booting the base with no rim attached. Connect to a PC with the driver window open and see if the base registers.
  • Thanks i will give that a shot.
  • I did try your instructions but still no go, it will take the firmware but it will not restart just 3 yellow leds and the red power light flashing, it was worth a try
  • Please check the base hub and wheel quick release that no pins have broken off and are stuck in the hub.
  • Thanks, no broken pins i double checked.
    I think if you've tried all suggestions your best bet is working it out with the support team.
  • Anybody know what is up with getting support lately ? been trying to get this thing fixed for days now i have tried all there suggestions and it still does the same thing. thank you.
  • Anybody know what is up with getting support lately ? been trying to get this thing fixed for days now i have tried all there suggestions and it still does the same thing. thank you.
    So you're in contact with Fanatec Support? If all suggested fixes have not worked, you need to let them know and they will probably call in your wheel base to get it repaired.
  • just waiting i guess its been a while oh well, thanks for your quick response at least.
  • just waiting i guess its been a while oh well, thanks for your quick response at least.
    It may take some time between responses, unfortunately. 
  • I have a similar problem.

• Yes it seems to be happening to many people, i had to send it in for repair it was like 43.00 to ship it. Oh well i guess hope you can get your working.
  • Well anyone who has had this red light flashing problem at least in my case it has a bad motor they say and it is 145.00 to get it fixed, Wow I had maybe 20 hours on this thing if that and I hardly have time anymore to use it and when I do its junk, I guess that is why there is a new version. I guess I am in the market for a new PS4 wheel but not this brand.
  • Thank you for everybody's responses I know you all where trying to help and I appreciate that just very disappointed in there customer service and I guess I have a 500.00 paper weight.
  • My wheel is doing the same thing. I shipped my PS4 Elite to California over almost a month ago. I replied to the email after a couple of weeks, that I had not heard anything, and I got a reply that they would check and get back with me. That was on Nov. 4th. Still no reply. I replied back 3 days ago, and still haven’t heard anything. I have never seen support this bad. I had only had the wheel about a year and a half. There isn’t a number to call. Can anyone help?

• Marty, did they tell you it would come with a warranty, if you get it fixed?

if I pay $145, I would expect it to last at least as long ass I have had it. Hopefully, they have fixed the issue, and not installing the exact same motor. If so, it will break again.

• i got my fanatec csl elite clubsport F1 to ps4 for about a month age and now it is doing excakly the same..

booting up with 3 yellow light , wheel goes a little to the one side and the red light start flashing.....

i have tried everything of your idea and nothing helps ...... new drivers , eraasing program and reinstall , tried with

or whitout the wheel , tried new wire from wheel to ps4 , my pedals work fine thrue the wheel but no reaction from the wheel...

anyone have a anything else i can do ?

• I got mine yesterday, played for about 2 hours, turned it off to go to bed, tried booting it up today and this happened... After less than a full 24 hours of owning it. Followed the instruction manual to a T (yes the online one, not the quick start guide) and it was awesome while it worked. Took so long to get here and now I cant even use it. Super disappointed and of course its a weekend so i wont even hear anything until Monday. Sold my other wheel because I knew this one was coming and now no racing this weekend. :(