Introducing FanaLab: Beta Version available now!

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited September 2019 in Blog

FanaLab is our new PC software that allows fine-tuning of Fanatec hardware settings and features. We originally designed this software for the Podium Series wheel bases, but as the development scope has grown, it now alsofully  supports the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 and CSL Elite Wheel Base +, as well as improving display functionality on all Fanatec steering wheels, plus improved control over vibration motors in compatible wheels and pedals. The CSL Wheel Base, CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 and the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 are compatible as well but with limited functionality as the Tuning menu cannot be synced. We are working on improving the compatibility of at least the CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 as this can be fixed by firmware.

With this new software, you’ll have another means of adjusting Tuning Menu values on-the-fly, with a wider overview of the settings compared to the wheel displays. You can save as many profiles as you like, and create an unlimited number of Tuning Menu presets. These can be assigned to automatically load when you launch your favourite sim from FanaLab, and you can export and share your best profiles with your friends.

We’ve also enabled new dynamic FFB effects driven by car telemetry data. At this stage, we’re including a speed-sensitive damper and an additional damper for driving in reverse, with more dynamic features to come, for example front suspension effects, countersteer effect, and Dynamic Force Enhancement. The speed-sensitive damper is useful for taming high-speed oscillation without needing to add too much ‘natural’ damper or friction, meaning that you can have a very active wheel at low speeds, and a stable one at high speeds.

In addition, display functionality has improved on all wheels, as FanaLab allows you to select what available telemetry data is shown, and the order of priority. The activation point for all RevLEDs can also be changed, and the new RGB RevLEDs and FlagLEDs allow for custom colours.

FanaLab is now available for free

Bear in mind that this is beta software, and that sim support will improve and new features will be added over time. We welcome your feedback; please discuss any technical aspects of FanaLab in this dedicated section of the forum.

Comments

• Super!! I needed the V3 pedals software about an hour ago and then I suddenly noticed the new Fanalab beta software and manual (don't forget to read it RTFM). So I also shared on RD and GTP forum to share with the simcommunity. Hopefully ok. Teamwork ;) 

Now I've to test it myself with the DD1 and all the different racesims. Tonight other priorities. Something with a ball and Germany-Netherlands....sorry! This weekend I will put this beta on the testbench.
  • When you start a suggestions list, I'll request FFB support for the latest Forza games.  They support telemetry output.  They are 'sim' enough that I mess around with them, and my kids like Horizon.

Leaving for the weekend, so won't even have a chance to mess with this until Monday.
  • edited September 2019
    Hi, I was giving a try to this nice piece of software, unfortunately i was not able to enable telemetry for RF2, it keeps saying "telemetry is uninitialized" even if it says me the plugin was correctly installed,
    any idea?

• Hi, I was giving a try to this nice piece of software, unfortunately it does not recognize RF2 profile,
    any idea?
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/1008/fanalab-introduction#latest

Please have a look at the known issues. There is a known issue with rF2 which will be solved in the next release.
  • Davide RonziDavide Ronzi Member
    edited September 2019
    Hi maybe i did something wrong. I tried few Laps in Iracing with fanalab and those new Dynamic ffb are cool. My only problem Is that brake Rumble at my pedals doesn't work with the same abs setting that i use without fanalab. I tried to change the value but doesn't work.
  • Hi maybe i did something wrong. I tried few Laps in Iracing with fanalab and those new Dynamic ffb are cool. My only problem Is that brake Rumble at my pedals don't work with the same abs setting that i use without fanalab. I tried to change the value but doesn't work.
    Telemetry based brake rumble is not supported by iRacing (and should also be greyed out in FanaLab, only Suspension Travel should be adjustable in iRacing Brake Vibration Tab), only the fake ABS brake rumble from the Tuning Menu work.
  • Ah i didn't know. Thank you :P
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for this! Could we get a tutorial video? I could use a bit of help to get started. I'll check out that SRG video, but a quick start guide from simracinggirl might be helpful! Edit - I downloaded the manual. ;) Between that and Barry's video I look forward using Fanalab this weekend!
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited September 2019
    Looking forward to fully testing the Fanalab software over coming days. I've installed it and the new driver and so far so good!

Really happy that things like LEDs and wheel/pedal vibration are all managed from this software, so I can now ditch the other 3rd-party apps I was previously running to control them. Also pleased with the new FFB filtering options.

Thanks!   

:)>
  • you are like parents who pamper their spoiled children. What they want they it get. I absolutely respect company who listen customers. You are thrustworthy :) I'm calm and proud that I bet on Fanatec!
  • Link for Fanalab software does not work for USA logins. Can you fix?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Link for Fanalab software does not work for USA logins. Can you fix?
    Please look for your local version under Wheel Bases -> Accessories
    I found it with no problems.  Maybe due to have been logged in.
  • Noel GrunderNoel Grunder Member
    edited September 2019
    Wenn man eine Profil von jemand anderem lädt und es abspeichert, wird das selbe Set verwendet welches der Ersteller des Profils genutzt hat. Kann man dies nicht ändern, indem die Software erkennt welches Set man gerade aktiviert hat und es für dieses Set speichert? Oder wenigstens so, dass man einem Profil nachträglich ein anderes Set zuweisen kann. —- When loading a profile from someone else and saving it, the same set used by the creator of the profile will be used. Can not change this by the software recognizing which set you have just activated and saving it for this set? Or at least so that you can assign a profile to another set later.
  • How do i roll back wheel SW FW on my Formula V2 rim from 28 to 20 ? I have rolled back base FW from 344/662 back to 340/658 but SW FW is still on 28 !
    I installed FanaLab with latest FW but lost all rev lightsa and LED display in rF2 , the only Sim i play so i rolled back but SW FW wont roll back ! 
    HELP !!!!
  • There was no official FW20 for the Formula v2 Steering wheel. Driver 340 still contains SW FW 28 for the Formula v2, not possible to roll back.
    FanaLab has a known issue with rF2 as you can read in the introduction thread.
    Wait for the next version and rF2 should work fine again.
  • Really !! Im crying :(
    Please tell me it wont be long ! I only play rF2 ! 
    It was working perfectly on SW FW 20 , Why did i try FanaLab ?
  • SW FW 20 of the Formula v2 was a VERY old Firmware (the stock one which was never released public in any driver). That FW had several other issues so its good that you updated to v28 for sure. Anyway, just dont use FanaLab and rF2 will work exactly like before because the SW FW doesnt change anything regarding LEDs etc.
  • I uninstalled Fanalab but it still not working?
  • Did you enabled in Game native support again before Uninstall?

Thanks Thomas!

• edited September 2019
    *delete* 
  • Thanks , i have rF2 working again as before FanaLab :)
    I will just leave it as is with PC Driver :340 , WB FW :658 and SW FW : 28 and no FanaLab .
    Thank You 
  • How do i roll back wheel SW FW on my Formula V2 rim from 28 to 20 ? I have rolled back base FW from 344/662 back to 340/658 but SW FW is still on 28 !
    I installed FanaLab with latest FW but lost all rev lightsa and LED display in rF2 , the only Sim i play so i rolled back but SW FW wont roll back ! 
    HELP !!!!
    I have exactly the same issue. Cant get the lights and oled working again
  • Just one question. If you make changes in the fanalab are you going to see them playing on console with csl elite ?
  • Just one question. If you make changes in the fanalab are you going to see them playing on console with csl elite ?
    No, because FanaLab has to be running in the background to read Telemetry data from the game and this is and will always be impossible on any console.
  • I don’t know what to do ... I updated to the new steering wheel and driver firmware and the position of the hand brake is constantly on .. that I just didn’t do it constantly works ...

This is normal? - I didn’t have this problem before ..

I also have a problem in that my handbrake is not determined by the base - and can not be determined even with the help of an adapter (I used the USB adapter - separately) - what should I do? ((

I rolled back to driver 335 and the problem is gone - my hand brake started working - with driver 345 it does not work

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Hey guys
    I really appreciate your feedback. This is exactly what we need. But in order to combine everything, please discuss issues and feature suggestions in the forum section and not in the blog. Thank you.

If you want to leave general feedback how you like Fanalab you are welcome to do it here.
  • Dmitry VolskyDmitry Volsky Member
    edited September 2019