FanaLab introduction

Comments

• No Support for the CSL Elite...  :(
    unofficially there is support. Only the Tuning Menu is not working on CSL E, CSL E v1.1 and CSW v2. Everything else like Dynamic Damping, LEDs and Display as well as vibrations *should* work.
    Are there plans to support the named wheel bases fully (CSWv2 user here), or is this just impossible due to some technical or HW restrictions?
  • Will there be Support for ClubSport Wheel Base V2 in the Future? 

No matter what wheel is plugged in I have no access to the Tuning Menu which makes the SW quite useless for me.

Flag LED´s: Still not working for F1 2019. Of Course I can set them up in the Software but the Flag´s of the game are still not recognized...
  • Will there be Support for ClubSport Wheel Base V2 in the Future? 

No matter what wheel is plugged in I have no access to the Tuning Menu which makes the SW quite useless for me.

Flag LED´s: Still not working for F1 2019. Of Course I can set them up in the Software but the Flag´s of the game are still not recognized...
    No, the CSW v2 has old electronics and can't communicate with FanaLab properly. Therefore it's not possible to get the Tuning Menu working with that Base. But everything else like Dynamic Damping, Vibration and Led / Display can be adjusted. Regarding Flagleds of the game: please contact Codemasters as they use an old Fanatec SDK. To get Flagleds working on a CSW v2 they have to use the latest Fanatec SDK 3.9 which they obviously don't do. Nothing Fanatec can do here, it's a game issue.
  • it doesn't automatically switch profile when i change game, i had to save my profile again to make it active
  • it doesn't automatically switch profile when i change game, i had to save my profile again to make it active
    Make sure you have the profile set as Default profile so the default button is green, then it WILL load the profile when you start the game.
    Make sure you have the profile set as Default profile so the default button is green, then it WILL load the profile when you start the game.
    thanks, all good now
  • Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited September 2019
    That dynamic ffb is tricky stuff; speed threshold standard at 100km. Who is going to tell me that the 'power' of a BMW M8 GTE changes at 100km with an effect range & strength of both 50. So that has to be done from the game by the developers who have the data from it.

EkSimracing does those leds much better and much more to set up. Fanatec / Endor is trying to invent something that has been around for years. I think you should work together with Zappadoc from EKsimracing or just bin the led thingy and work onto other stuff that's more innovative. 

I get the idea of FanaLab. The only thing I consider are a good thing is able to save tune-settings and let the program load them on the fly when loading a game. or when doing a firmware update which resets all the stuff.  The vibration of the pedals and rim-rumble are also good. However, I've my doubt bout the dynamic FFB and bout the Leds which other developers do lot better. 

Perhaps do something with telemetry for finetuning the best FFB per car/track or game. 

• Can I change the mode from PC to Comp inside the Fanalab?
  • Can I change the mode from PC to Comp inside the Fanalab?
    no.
  • Sven FiedlerSven Fiedler Member
    edited September 2019
    Hello everyone. I´d love to get started with FanaLab. Beta Driver 345 is installed. I´m using a CSW-V2.5 with the V2. But it won´t work on F1 2019 for me. FanaLab is always telling that the telemetry is "uninitialized".
    I´ve used SimHub for testing dash-options (I´ve uninstalled it, FanaLed is uninstalled too..) - Perhaps I am using the wrong UDP-Port?
    Neither 20888 nor 20777 worked. And yes, Telemetry and Hardware Support is enabled in FanaLab.
    So some thoughts and help would be very nice. Thanks!

Edit: It seems, I´ve found the solution... (just turned the UDP-Transmission-Mode to OFF) Now everything works fine, including the Flag-LED.
    Thanks for this nice piece of software!
  • Hi i have installed fanalab fom csw 2.5 and F1 2019 rim
    on F1@2019.

Display responding very slow informations for example of the gear not working correct.
    rpm leds are not working!
    How can i reset back to Original telemetry 

Thanks in advanced

• software says the CSL Elite Mclaren GT3 is not supported under vibration setting is that correct ?
  • software says the CSL Elite Mclaren GT3 is not supported under vibration setting is that correct ?
    sure, the McLaren Wheel doesnt have vibration motors inside. ;) 
  • Sascha SchultSascha Schult Member
    edited September 2019
    CSL Elite+ (PS4) + BMW GT2 Rim
    Driver package installed v345
    Updated Servo Firmware & Motor Firmware from the new Driver Package
    Games tested: RaceRoom Racing Experience

Software options are great, profile Import/Export is one of the most wished features for a long time now, so thanks for that!
    Vibration Motor effects adjustability works flawless, but:

LED's on the base stopped working after Driver/Firmware update
    And please do something about the CPU usage of the Software
    Holy 18% CPU usage on 16 Cores! Seriously?

• CSL Elite+ (PS4) + BMW GT2 Rim
    Driver package installed v345
    Updated Servo Firmware & Motor Firmware from the new Driver Package
    Games tested: RaceRoom Racing Experience

Software options are great, profile Import/Export is one of the most wished features for a long time now, so thanks for that!
    Vibration Motor effects adjustability works flawless, but:

LED's on the base stopped working after Driver/Firmware update
    And please do something about the CPU usage of the Software
    Holy 18% CPU usage on 16 Cores! Seriously?

0,5-1,2 % CPU usage for me, i7 9700K. So no issue on my machine regarding CPU usage...
  • Sascha SchultSascha Schult Member
    edited September 2019
    I have 0.1-0.3 when the Game is not running.
    Maybe you did not started the Game?

Guess the polling rate of Telemetry Data is way too high
  • Nice software and a good point to start.
    But the dynamic FFB settings are having no effect for me (DD2 and driver 3.45), at least not in AC. I didn't test it in iRacing yet.

And here just a few suggestions:
    • The profiles are saved within in the AppData Folder. Basically no problem, but you have to know where to find them. So maybe a shortcut within FanaLab to open the Windows-Explorer with the profile folder would be nice.
      And in my oppinion it would be better to save the profiles within the Documents folder. Would be easier to find / backup / share.
      I know, you can export a profile. But if I want to backup all profiles, it's easier just to copy the complete folder rather than to export every profile manually.
    • The profile folders are having strange names -> 0_0 / 0_1 / 5_0 etc. It would be nice if they would be named after the game they belong to.
    • Every profile contains only one tuning menu setting and not all five. I now make all my profiles within  tuning menu one so I don't get confused
      Because I had it yesterday that I saved my iRaving profile as SET 3 and AC as SET 2. Then I loaded the iRacing profile and after that AC. Then I switched to SET 3 inside the wheel base while driving in AC and the steering wheel nearly was ripped from my hands because the FFB strength setting I use in iRacing is way higher than in AC.
      I expected that every profile contains all five tuning menu settings. Maybe you guys can think about an option so the user can choose if only one setting should be saved within the profile (or loaded from) or if he want to have all five settings.
    I have 0.1-0.3 when the Game is not running.
    Maybe you did not started the Game?

Guess the polling rate of Telemetry Data is way too high
    oh, you aare right.. 33% and more here when running ACC.. :o 
  • Looks like rFactor 2 support is broken. I tried copying the plugin from the 32 to the 64 bit folder but it does not show up in plugins.
  • Looks like rFactor 2 support is broken. I tried copying the plugin from the 32 to the 64 bit folder but it does not show up in plugins.
    yes, see first post with known issues.
  • Hi. I have a Elite PS4+Mclaren GT3 wheel and V3 pedals. I installed Fanalab and in Assetto Corsa I got the leds of the elite base and the vibration motors of the pedals working... but lost the information of the LCD of the steering wheel.

Anyone can help how to get that back? It's an issue with Asseto Corsa only. It was working at first try but I tried to put the gear displaying constantly and disapeared the LCD information. Already set to default and tried to close Fanalab but the LCD information doesnt show in AC...

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • edited September 2019
    Looks like rFactor 2 support is broken. I tried copying the plugin from the 32 to the 64 bit folder but it does not show up in plugins.
    yes, see first post with known issues.
    oh. I didn't see that, for some reason.

edit: how about integrating the Fanatec recommended settings to it?
  • edited September 2019
    [1]
    In Automobilista, it could not find my controller settings.
    Probably because the game has these in two folders: one in the game install folder and another in the user documents folder.
    My game saves controller settings (and all other profile stuff, I believe) to the Documents folder... I don't recall this being something I selected.

I copied my INI to the game install folder and it was able to find and edit it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[2]
    When changing the picture of the wheel (shows v2 but mine is the PS4 one), Fanalab opens the same dialog twice.
  • Hey und hallo zusammen. Habe das Problem das bei meinem F1 Wheel die RPM immer von standart und getunt gleichzeitig angezeigt werden beim fahren. Heisst kann da nichts einszellen wie ich das haben möchte! Ansonsten funktioniert meiner Meinung nach alles super. Lg Marcel
  • Hi. I have a Elite PS4+Mclaren GT3 wheel and V3 pedals. I installed Fanalab and in Assetto Corsa I got the leds of the elite base and the vibration motors of the pedals working... but lost the information of the LCD of the steering wheel.

Anyone can help how to get that back? It's an issue with Asseto Corsa only. It was working at first try but I tried to put the gear displaying constantly and disapeared the LCD information. Already set to default and tried to close Fanalab but the LCD information doesnt show in AC...

Hi, I have the same problem with PC2. My equipment is the Elite Wheel Base V1.1  and the Formula V2
    I like to see the speed and the gear on my display but it stays black or it shows 000 for a minute before it went black. Everything has been set in PC2 setting as described in the game profile tab. 

Thanks for help.
    Andreas

• Hey und hallo zusammen. Habe das Problem das bei meinem F1 Wheel die RPM immer von standart und getunt gleichzeitig angezeigt werden beim fahren. Heisst kann da nichts einszellen wie ich das haben möchte! Ansonsten funktioniert meiner Meinung nach alles super. Lg Marcel
    Would be nice if you could post in English as per our Forum rules.
    You need to disable the Game Support like described in the Manual to only get FanaLab LED control without Game also sends LED signals. Did you followed the manual carefully step by step?
  • No way to use an app which consumes 30 percent of my processor power. Sorry guys, don't you have tested it?
  • edited September 2019
    Improvement idea suggestion:
    Vibration -- Wheel spin - you should make it selectable which wheels you want to use as a trigger for this. Some people might prefer only the driven wheels, while others might only prefer the rear wheels for instance. Others might want it to trigger on any of the 4 wheels. Or some might only want to have the front wheels selected, like me, as this is what a steering wheel in real life is attached to after all.
  • You should definitely uninstall Fanaleds as it can (and most probably will) get in conflict with FanaLab when both programs want the telemetry data from the game at the same time. 
    If FanaLab is interfering with other Telemtry Software (SimHub, SimDash, Sim Commander, SimVibe, etc.) FanaLab is a NoGo.
    If you get the data from shhared memory I see no reason for interference.
    UDP-Stream is a completely different story. In this case (F1-2019 e.g.) there should be / must be an option to either:
    a.) Select the listening port in FanaLab
    b.) Enable Port Forwarding in FanaLab
    c.) Both above options (Optimum).
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited September 2019
    Could we have a section of the forum where we could upload .pws files to share settings?
    Or maybe there is somewhere else this is allowed? I tried as a test to upload such a file and it appears to not be allowed here.
    It would also be nice if you could post files in the recommended settings section, so we could just download and import those settings.
This discussion has been closed.