FanaLab introduction

Comments

• How do I disable the CSL Elite Base REV Lights, they are way too bright. However I do want to keep the F1 Esports rim rev lights. How do I achieve this?
  • I use Sim commander to run transducers in F1 2019, if I use fanalab will that break the ability to still use the transducers?
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm running Simvibe and Fanalab simultaneously without any issue Paul. All I do is start the game first (through Fanalab), then start Simmcommander after it has begun booting up. That way, Simvibe attaches itself to the already running game and everything runs just fine.
  • I'm running Simvibe and Fanalab simultaneously without any issue Paul. All I do is start the game first (through Fanalab), then start Simmcommander after it has begun booting up. That way, Simvibe attaches itself to the already running game and everything runs just fine.
    That is awesome Josh I will give it a shot.
  • I can't get the LEDs and display to work on F1 2019, anyone else? DD2 and FV2
    I cant get the leds in f1 2019 to match my csl v1.1 or formula v2 rim
    Every car in the game uses a different RPM Range. Adjust the FanaLab RPM LEDs to match your specific car you are actually using.
    Every car in the game uses a different RPM Range. Adjust the FanaLab RPM LEDs to match your specific car you are actually using.
    Rather the led data just come from game then. It seems pointless to adjust for every car you get in. Spend more time adjusting them than you would driving
    Rather the led data just come from game then. It seems pointless to adjust for every car you get in. Spend more time adjusting them than you would driving
    you can save a profile for every car and then load it when you are in game. But, yes, you need to invest quite a bit of time to adjust the LEDs one time for every car. (btw, not just in F1 but in every other game, too).
    you can save a profile for every car and then load it when you are in game. But, yes, you need to invest quite a bit of time to adjust the LEDs one time for every car. (btw, not just in F1 but in every other game, too).
    Maybe fanatec could consider an option to use game data for rev lights then. Whilst it's good to be able to adjust the flag lights for different things the rev lights seem pointless to me as surely most people would want it to just match the car in game. I've played a lot with settings this morning with it on f1 and whilst I can get it close I cant get it exact and it seems to vary in different gears slightly means shifts are bit all over the place
    Maybe fanatec could consider an option to use game data for rev lights then. Whilst it's good to be able to adjust the flag lights for different things the rev lights seem pointless to me as surely most people would want it to just match the car in game. I've played a lot with settings this morning with it on f1 and whilst I can get it close I cant get it exact and it seems to vary in different gears slightly means shifts are bit all over the place
    You can uncheck the Rev LED box and Display box in FanaLab. In Game enable the Fanatec Lights/SDK again and then you get LEDs and Display from the game and FlagLEDs and Vibrations and Dynamic Damping from FanaLab. However, by doing so, you are getting exactly what the game has coded for the specific car, which is not always 100% accurate. Also, you always and only get yellow/red/blue LEDs instead of customized LEDs for the specific car. 
  • edited September 2019
    I´d love to be able to change the my steering Wheels and be able to define the button-layout via a future fanalab Software version. Example: I define "e" as the key to start the engine in the game. I then define the "e" button via Fanalab onto the leftmost button on the porsche rim, but on the the Formula rim I assign the "e" to the middle blue button. 
    You can uncheck the Rev LED box and Display box in FanaLab. In Game enable the Fanatec Lights/SDK again and then you get LEDs and Display from the game and FlagLEDs and Vibrations and Dynamic Damping from FanaLab. However, by doing so, you are getting exactly what the game has coded for the specific car, which is not always 100% accurate. Also, you always and only get yellow/red/blue LEDs instead of customized LEDs for the specific car. 
    Where in F1 2019 can you enable the fanatec lights/SDK?
    Options/Telemetry Data/Fanatec LED set to on
  • do I have to manually open Fanalab everytime windows starts? kinda silly it doesn't have an option to load on windows start
  • do I have to manually open Fanalab everytime windows starts? kinda silly it doesn't have an option to load on windows start
    Please read first post. Autostart is planned for a future update and is coming very soon. For now, yes, you have to open it manually after every windows start.
    1. It's beta version
    2. It's stated in the very first post that an autostart option is planned and upcoming
    Options/Telemetry Data/Fanatec LED set to on
    Thanks. Never been in there which I wondered why I hadn't seen that setting before
  • Hi,
    I have an issue that I didn't see posted by anyone else.
    I drive with imperial units (MP/H) but when Fanalab is running the speed is shown in KM/H. If I press 'Disable Fanalab's Game Led/Hardware Support' the game runs ok.

In the main menu I get 'Telemetry is uninitialized' text on main screen.

I'm using a CSW 2.5 and Formula V2 rim in both Assetto Corsa and F1 2019.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks.
  • Hi,
    I drive with imperial units (MP/H) but when Fanalab is running the speed is shown in KM/H. If I press 'Disable Fanalab's Game Led/Hardware Support' the game runs ok.

Thanks.
    Imperial is not yet implemented. Coming in a future update. For now, you have to calculate the values with a factor of 0.60 by yourself.
  • Maurice,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll wait until an update addresses this.
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Imperial is not yet implemented. Coming in a future update. For now, you have to calculate the values with a factor of 0.60 by yourself.

• HI Guys, Good looking software . I am running Iracing on V 2.5 base BMW rim And and V 3 pedals . When running on the Fanalab software I feel a lot more from the wheel , however I lose the brake pedal vibration . Sometimes it is grayed out on the adjustment page of the software , some times it shows active but no in game vibration from pedals . If I exit the Fanalab software brake pedal vibration returns . Also the brake force slider will go back to zero some times when making adjustment  when near the 50 % range . I know this is Beta version just giving feed back. 

Keep up the great work .
  • HI Guys, Good looking software . I am running Iracing on V 2.5 base BMW rim And and V 3 pedals . When running on the Fanalab software I feel a lot more from the wheel , however I lose the brake pedal vibration . Sometimes it is grayed out on the adjustment page of the software , some times it shows active but no in game vibration from pedals . If I exit the Fanalab software brake pedal vibration returns . Also the brake force slider will go back to zero some times when making adjustment  when near the 50 % range . I know this is Beta version just giving feed back. 

Keep up the great work .
    Try the latest Beta driver, this at least should solve the Brf going back to 0 sometimes issue.
    For brake vibration: What you can adjust in FanaLab is telemetry based ABS or wheel lock vibration which is greyed out if a game doesnt support this. This automatically overwrites the ABS Tuning Menu setting you probably mean because you are used to this "fake" vibrations.
  • Ensi FerrumEnsi Ferrum Member
    edited September 2019
    I can't get the LEDs and display to work on F1 2019, anyone else? DD2 and FV2
    You can get the correct values for every car in F1-2019 from this *.xlsx:
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!AngnWwGMubK9opgzJw3-pnw9dKu0cQ?e=JbtPk5
    I made it for my SimHub F1-2019 Dash hosted at RD:
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2019-dashstudio.27461/

And yes, a possibility to set the LEDs per car with automatic change is mandatory.
    And it is possible, I do exactly this in the above mentioned SimHub Dash as well as in my ACC SimHub Dash.
    But be warned, to get the proper values is a long and boring task as the devs don't communicate the numbers.

Just recognized that  Fanatec has only 9 LEDs on the wheels and the rim :-(
    F1 has 15 LEDs on the wheel / dash.
    F2 has 10 LEDs on the wheel / dash.

In this case I stick in regards of LEDs to SimHub.

• Sorry if I missed it, I've only just started up Fanalab and reading the manual...It looks amazing so far :x In the main area under Active Devices, shown is wheelbase v2.5,  Universal hub, Pedals v3..But no Shifter 1.5? It's connected to the wheelbase, calibrated and working! Why no shifter? 

• Sorry if I missed it, I've only just started up Fanalab and reading the manual...It looks amazing so far :x In the main area under Active Devices, shown is wheelbase v2.5,  Universal hub, Pedals v3..But no Shifter 1.5? It's connected to the wheelbase, calibrated and working! Why no shifter? 

Only Base, Wheel and Pedals are shown because those are the only peripherals you can actively adjust. Why wasting space to show a Handbrake or a Shifter when you can't adjust anything on these peripherals? ^^
  • AH! That makes sense ;) Thanks, I thought something was up ;)
    Sorry if I missed it, I've only just started up Fanalab and reading the manual...It looks amazing so far :x In the main area under Active Devices, shown is wheelbase v2.5,  Universal hub, Pedals v3..But no Shifter 1.5? It's connected to the wheelbase, calibrated and working! Why no shifter? 

Only Base, Wheel and Pedals are shown because those are the only peripherals you can actively adjust. Why wasting space to show a Handbrake or a Shifter when you can't adjust anything on these peripherals? ^^

• Hello,

Finally try FanaLab tonight and I have to say that the user interface is nice and easy to use. Really faster to make profile for each car with the tuning menu and save it in FanaLab. 

- Is it possible in the future to add an 'Export all' button with the profile name as the saved filename?
    - Or is it possible in the future to make a selection of profiles (CTRL for multiple profiles, or SHIFT for a list) to export with the profile name as the saved filename?

Thanks!
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Are there any plans to add different LED settings for different gears? Like sometimes 1st gear optimum shift point is lets say 6800 while 5th is 6600 or stuff like that
    Not impossible but we have to make sure the software keeps it's easy and intuitive UI. I know there is software around which has more possibilities right now but usually it's also a pain to setup. It is something we can take a look at in the future but at the moment it's not on a timeline. For everyone who prefers the LED settings of other 3rd party software but still wants to use FanaLab for other features -> uncheck the boxes of the LED settings in FanaLab and use the other software in parallel, then there should be no interference. 

Is there any plans of adding K/ERS% to the data display? This is one feature I liked from Fanaleds as it helped me in hybrid powered cars, and I think it's a bit more useful than Speed all the time. :)
    Good point, we will try to add it in a future update

Don't remember to see Fanatec sdk option in-game, but I found the problem... The settings you need in telemetry for fanalab to work are not the same that simhub needs, I'm not going to discard simhub over fanalab, so please see if it's possible to coexist with them...
    In some previous testing SimHub worked in parallel with FanaLab without issues, we will investigate this with F1 2019 specifically. 
    I don't think I'm alone here when I ask for support for maybe the oldest Sim but the best Nascar Sim ever Nascar 2003 Season by Papyrus, please ^:)^
    If you are really not the only one we can take a look at it ;-)

• How many percent processor power does Fanalab need on your PCs? Running with 30 percent with a game on is.... ridiculous.
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited September 2019
    Did a quick look through the manual and did not find the clutch bite point setting for the APM or the McLaren.  Each car would have a different bite point as well as the other setting.  

Is this a planned addition?
    We are looking into this

the LED on my P1 is showing no value /data (regardless  what i set it in fanalabs , 1 or multiple setups) 
    Aand the vibration on throttle&brake dont work with a suspension vibration setting enabled.  got some 51 code in the display 1 time.

the gear & speed indicator worked fine on the Rim prior driver & fanaleds update.
    i run DD2 and mclaren p1 rim + V3 pedals  (updated all except dd motor fw)  ill look more at it tomrrow. just curious if others have same issues
    Is not now a P1, a McLaren or both that have the display issue? Because we don't have a McLaren P1 rim. 

Edit: Doesn't work in rFactor 2 because it won't install in 64bit folder and .dll isn't recognized ingame, etiher. Imma going to bed, lol. 
    Known issue like mentioned in the first post, will be solved with the next update. 

it would be good if you could change the UDP port for telemetry in Fanalab so that other hardware/software can be used at the same time, e.g. Motion, Slipro etc.
    Could you explain the issue in more details? Are there conflicts or does either of one doesn't work at all? Does the software you mention offer that option and we can take a look at it?

That dynamic ffb is tricky stuff; speed threshold standard at 100km. Who is going to tell me that the 'power' of a BMW M8 GTE changes at 100km with an effect range & strength of both 50. So that has to be done from the game by the developers who have the data from it.

EkSimracing does those leds much better and much more to set up. Fanatec / Endor is trying to invent something that has been around for years. I think you should work together with Zappadoc from EKsimracing or just bin the led thingy and work onto other stuff that's more innovative. 

I get the idea of FanaLab. The only thing I consider are a good thing is able to save tune-settings and let the program load them on the fly when loading a game. or when doing a firmware update which resets all the stuff.  The vibration of the pedals and rim-rumble are also good. However, I've my doubt bout the dynamic FFB and bout the Leds which other developers do lot better. 

Perhaps do something with telemetry for finetuning the best FFB per car/track or game. 

At the same time lots of people agree that FanaLab is quite easy and intuitive to setup and other, similar software can be a pain to work with for a lot of people. Yes we try to offer more features in the future but we want to make it as easy to access as possible and while they have a head start of lots of years it should be quite understandable that we can't offer the exact same from day one for something you got for free. If you are not happy with the current LED settings, then disable them in FanaLabs by unchecking the boxes of the LED page and keep on using the software you want. We are always open for feature requests so instead of just complaining it would be nice to get some constructive criticism which contains suggestions. 

Sven said:
    Hello everyone. I´d love to get started with FanaLab. Beta Driver 345 is installed. I´m using a CSW-V2.5 with the V2. But it won´t work on F1 2019 for me. FanaLab is always telling that the telemetry is "uninitialized".
    I´ve used SimHub for testing dash-options (I´ve uninstalled it, FanaLed is uninstalled too..) - Perhaps I am using the wrong UDP-Port?
    Neither 20888 nor 20777 worked. And yes, Telemetry and Hardware Support is enabled in FanaLab.
    So some thoughts and help would be very nice. Thanks!

Edit: It seems, I´ve found the solution... (just turned the UDP-Transmission-Mode to OFF) Now everything works fine, including the Flag-LED.
    Thanks for this nice piece of software!
    You don't have to setup any ports, all you need to is go to the "Game Profile" tab of FanaLab and click on both green boxes. Some games need you to do something manually so keep an eye on the message which appears afterwards, it will either tell you instructions or that it was successfully edited. 
This discussion has been closed.