FanaLab introduction

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

How to get FanaLab and SimHub work together in F1-2019

Just finished my tutorial how to get SimHub and FanaLab work together. 
    There are also some suggestions to the devs at the end of the document how to cope with UDP-streams and more than one listening app.

Thanks a lot, I'll forward the information to the developers.

Hi. I have a Elite PS4+Mclaren GT3 wheel and V3 pedals. I installed Fanalab and in Assetto Corsa I got the leds of the elite base and the vibration motors of the pedals working... but lost the information of the LCD of the steering wheel.

Anyone can help how to get that back? It's an issue with Asseto Corsa only. It was working at first try but I tried to put the gear displaying constantly and disapeared the LCD information. Already set to default and tried to close Fanalab but the LCD information doesnt show in AC...

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Did you click on both green buttons of the Game Profile page before starting AC? If you want to go back to using the game data instead of FanaLab you have to click on the red one. If the rev LEDs work I don't see a point why the display shouldn't, maybe you can send some screenshots? What you can do as well is go to settings and then on the bottom click on "View Telemetry Feed" to see if telemetry from the game is received by FanaLab. 
    Hi Marcel.
    Yes, I did click on both green buttons before starting Assetto Corsa throught Fanalab. I believe it worked the first time I tried it.
    I think it stopped working after changing the gear constantly in the LED TAB and saving the profile in the game profile tab.
    Now, even if I start AC without Fanalab running I dont get any info in the Mclaren GT3 LCD. If I press both paddles I get the double clutch bite in the lcd but that all I get there...

You can see print screens of LEDs and Game profile tabs:

It's normal that when you don't have FanaLab open that nothing is displayed on your wheel because through clicking both buttons you have setup FanaLab to address LED & Display instead of the game. If you want to revert that you have to press the red button, then the game starts again sending data to the wheel directly and you can close FanaLab and still have the LED & Display working. 

I don't know why there was nothing displayed suddenly because according to your screenshot it should show speed constantly and overwrite it with the gear while you shift. 
    Hi, 

any news regarding the updated version?

no pressure intended... :D
    No news yet, there is a lot to address and a lot we've planned to add anyway which is already implemented but needs some polishing. We came a bit closer to reproduce and to improve the CPU load for example. 
  • How to get FanaLab and SimHub work together in F1-2019

There are also some suggestions to the devs at the end of the document how to cope with UDP-streams and more than one listening app.

There is another possibility I forgot yesterday:
    UDP-Relay:

Simulation sends UDP-stream on Address 127.0.0.1 Port 20800
    UDP-Relay fetches the stream on Address 127.0.0.1 Port 20800
    Telemetry App 1 (e. g. FanaLab) and 2 (e. g. SimHub) are on the same machine, Telemetry App 3  is on another machine (Tablet, Laptop, Handy)
    To send the Data to all 3 Apps, the relay do the following:
    Send the Data to 127.0.0.1:20801 (FanaLab)
    Send the Data to 127.0.0.1:20802 (SimHub)
    Send the Data to 192.168.178.103:87456 (Handy, Tablet, Laptop)

• I have problem with F1 2019: my F1 2019 v2 wheel display is often blocked on the same speed and the rev lights are blocked, or they have a big lag. Same problem seems to have the wheel motor.
    The only way to solve this it's to decrease the bit rate refresh from 60 hz to 30 hz.
    I have updated the driver to v. 345 as the firmware.
    My PC: Intel I7 6700K ram 16 Gb ATI GTX 1080.
    Thanks
  • Noel GrunderNoel Grunder Member
    edited September 2019
    When loading a profile from someone else and saving it, the same set used by the creator of the profile will be used. Can not change this by the software recognizing which set you have just activated and saving it for this set? Or at least so that you can assign a profile to another set later.
    I have problems to understand what you try to explain in the second half. 
    auf Deutsch: Wenn man eine Profil von jemand anderem lädt und es abspeichert, wird das selbe Set verwendet welches der Ersteller des Profils genutzt hat. Kann man dies nicht ändern, indem die Software erkennt welches Set man gerade aktiviert hat und es für dieses Set speichert? Oder wenigstens so, dass man einem Profil nachträglich einem anderem Set zuweisen kann?

UDP-Relay:

Telemetry App 1 (e. g. FanaLab) and 2 (e. g. SimHub) are on the same machine, Telemetry App 3  is on another machine (Tablet, Laptop, Handy)

The other solution could be that Fanatec develop and release a full telemetry software with full options found in the main telemetry softwares found in the market today. 
  • Will the CSL Elite V1.1 be officially implemented after sometime?
  • Will the CSL Elite V1.1 be officially implemented after sometime?
    It is implemented as best as it gets for now (so everything is working except the Tuning Menu).

UDP-Relay:

The other solution could be that Fanatec develop and release a full telemetry software with full options found in the main telemetry softwares found in the market today. 
    Which do exactly the same as I described:
     - Either forward the UDP-port
     - Or develop a UDP-relay

• I'm running a DD2 and have been since launch. I just loaded Fanalab last night and in playing iRacing the wheel feels completely different. Much flatter and less bouncy. Is this how it is supposed to feel? I followed the steps to allow iRacing to feed Fanalabs the telemetry. Are the presets built into each game when loaded or do I need to set them up manually. Same with Dirt 2.0 and AC.

Just want to know if I've been doing it wrong for the past 6 months or it is wrong now?
  • Nice program ! Would be nice to have option for a smartphone display.
      On the f1 2018 wheel, sometimes cycle trought info with a button since display is rather small
    Seems like abs is not usable anymore
    F1 2019 is not working
    Custom faces for podium wheels (think was annouced)

• F1 2019 is working but very buggy like gear is not sync
  • I am a DD2 driver running in VR with McLaren rim .

Ignoring the LED section which I dont use as a VR runner and the Mclaren doesnt support the wheel settings is there anything else in the software I can use at present until the "dynamic" FFB settings and telemetry are implemented?
  • Program is designed for w10 pc only…..Why? How many people still use w7 and download your firmware and driver for this version,so we'll be excluded from Fanalab? In my mind this is not good. No option for a w7 version for the future?
    When loading a profile from someone else and saving it, the same set used by the creator of the profile will be used. Can not change this by the software recognizing which set you have just activated and saving it for this set? Or at least so that you can assign a profile to another set later.
    I have problems to understand what you try to explain in the second half. 
    auf Deutsch: Wenn man eine Profil von jemand anderem lädt und es abspeichert, wird das selbe Set verwendet welches der Ersteller des Profils genutzt hat. Kann man dies nicht ändern, indem die Software erkennt welches Set man gerade aktiviert hat und es für dieses Set speichert? Oder wenigstens so, dass man einem Profil nachträglich einem anderem Set zuweisen kann?
    When you import a setup I think it's the best that it creates a new one instead of overwriting what you had already, then you can load it or save it again under a different name
    I'm running a DD2 and have been since launch. I just loaded Fanalab last night and in playing iRacing the wheel feels completely different. Much flatter and less bouncy. Is this how it is supposed to feel? I followed the steps to allow iRacing to feed Fanalabs the telemetry. Are the presets built into each game when loaded or do I need to set them up manually. Same with Dirt 2.0 and AC.

Just want to know if I've been doing it wrong for the past 6 months or it is wrong now?
    FanaLab doesn't change the FFB feel with default settings, if it feels different you probably have something of the Dynamic FFB active and you can deactivate it to try if it feels like before again. Everything else should only change with tuning menu settings like you are used to. There is no way of how it's supposed to be with settings, it's how you like it more. 
  • Program is designed for w10 pc only…..Why? How many people still use w7 and download your firmware and driver for this version,so we'll be excluded from Fanalab? In my mind this is not good. No option for a w7 version for the future?
    Microsoft will stop support for Windows 7 on January 14th, 2020. It is a dying OS for home-users. To be honest as a software developer I stopped writing software for Win 7 for about 2 years now. 
    You should consider updating to Windows 10, not only it is more secure than Windows 7.
    Nice program ! Would be nice to have option for a smartphone display.
      On the f1 2018 wheel, sometimes cycle trought info with a button since display is rather small
    Seems like abs is not usable anymore
    F1 2019 is not working
    Custom faces for podium wheels (think was annouced)

• Will come at some point
    • Will also come at some point
    • Yes unfortunately right now ABS in the Tuning Menu is deactivated as soon as FanaLab gets launched because it addresses that setup dynamically and at the moment the firmware doesn't allow it to work in parallel. We want to fix this in the future. 
    • F1 2019 should work, it does in our testing and also for others. Do you use other 3rd party apps in parallel? Did you click on both green buttons to enable telemetry communication? When you look at the telemetry feed under settings of FanaLab, is there telemetry shown?
    • Custom faces? Don't know what you mean
    F1 2019 is working but very buggy like gear is not sync
    Is there a delay? Can you make a video of it or describe it in more detail?
    I am a DD2 driver running in VR with McLaren rim .

Ignoring the LED section which I dont use as a VR runner and the Mclaren doesnt support the wheel settings is there anything else in the software I can use at present until the "dynamic" FFB settings and telemetry are implemented?
    Some Dynamic FFB settings like the Dynamic Damper are already implemented and if you are using ClubSport V3 pedals you can use the pedal vibration. Other than that you can let FanaLab automatically load your preferred Tuning Menu setup for each game. 
    Program is designed for w10 pc only…..Why? How many people still use w7 and download your firmware and driver for this version,so we'll be excluded from Fanalab? In my mind this is not good. No option for a w7 version for the future?
    If we would have programmed it for 3 different operating systems Win7, Win8, Win10 with testing and bug fixing across all the software would probably not be out yet. If you are using Win7 you are two generations behind, it's 10 years old and even Microsoft will stop supporting it in January.

Did you try it on Win7? 
    What are the issues with it running on Win7?
  • I use Rfactor 2 and have the same issues of w10
  • Aaron TaylorAaron Taylor Member
    edited September 2019
    So I changed the Rev light LED colour for when I drive on my formula V2 Rim, it works, I have it set up with two green lights, 3 red and 4 blue lights but while I'm driving around it flickers between the new rev light arrangement and the original that the wheel rim has when it's sold, this tends to happen when they car isn't increasing in revs quickly
  • So I changed the Rev light LED colour for when I drive on my formula V2 Rim, it works, I have it set up with two green lights, 3 red and 4 blue lights but while I'm driving around it flickers between the new rev light arrangement and the original that the wheel rim has when it's sold, this tends to happen when they car isn't increasing in revs quickly
    Did you disabled the native game led support...? Of course they are interfering with each other when the native support isn't disabled ^^
    So I changed the Rev light LED colour for when I drive on my formula V2 Rim, it works, I have it set up with two green lights, 3 red and 4 blue lights but while I'm driving around it flickers between the new rev light arrangement and the original that the wheel rim has when it's sold, this tends to happen when they car isn't increasing in revs quickly
    You need to activate the second green button of the Game Profile page for each game you play. Some activate it for you like with AC but for other sims like iR you need go do it in-game and it is explained in a pop-up message inside of FanaLab. See two pictures attached or take a look at the PDF manual.  
  • Is there a delay? Can you make a video of it or describe it in more detail?

Same problem, yes there is a big delay in F1 2019, as i described in my post. No third part software, Fanatec led disable in game. 

Same problem, yes there is a big delay in F1 2019, as i described in my post. No third part software, Fanatec led disable in game. 
    How big is it, 1second, 10seconds?
  • edited September 2019

How big is it, 1second, 10seconds?
    the rev light and the speed on display are fixed for 5-10 seconds, then start again for 1 second and again seem to be stuck. When i turn the engine vibration at 70% RMP the wheel continue to vibrate also when the car is stopped.
    the only solution is to set the rate telemetry at 30Hz
  • I use Rfactor 2 and have the same issues of w10
    Read the first post! Rfactor 2 is not working in that Beta. 
  • Hello together
    Will a German version of FanaLab be released?
  • Frank LehmannFrank Lehmann Member
    edited September 2019
    Feature request (for Assetto Corsa): O:-)

The Softlock feature in AC is bugged (or not usable), because when you reach the maximum steering angle the steering wheel is bouncing back badly.
    I've set my SEN parameter for AC to recommended 1080°. When you select a car with a low steering angle e.g. 360° and trying to correct a slide you reach the maximum steering input rather fast. The bouncing of the wheel is really awkward.

I have disabled the Soft lock in AC and checked the Live Telemetry output in FanaLab. By turning the wheel the parameter "Steering" goes up, and when i reach the maximum steering angle the parameter "Steering" is equal to 1. (See the attached picture)

Would it be possible to have some kind of a Softlock feature in FanaLab software? When "Steering = 1" then activate some stopp mechanism (high dampening or high FFB strength).
  • Speed is only displayed in KPH on the steering wheel? Anyway to get it to display MPH?
  • Speed is only displayed in KPH on the steering wheel? Anyway to get it to display MPH?
    Yeah, it seems so.  We definitely need an option to change it to MPH!
    edited September 2019
    Hello together
    Will a German version of FanaLab be released?
    We can implement language packs at some point. 

Feature request (for Assetto Corsa): O:-) 

The Softlock feature in AC is bugged (or not usable), because when you reach the maximum steering angle the steering wheel is bouncing back badly.
    I've set my SEN parameter for AC to recommended 1080°. When you select a car with a low steering angle e.g. 360° and trying to correct a slide you reach the maximum steering input rather fast. The bouncing of the wheel is really awkward.

I have disabled the Soft lock in AC and checked the Live Telemetry output in FanaLab. By turning the wheel the parameter "Steering" goes up, and when i reach the maximum steering angle the parameter "Steering" is equal to 1. (See the attached picture)

Would it be possible to have some kind of a Softlock feature in FanaLab software? When "Steering = 1" then activate some stopp mechanism (high dampening or high FFB strength).

We can take a look at this. 

Jason Boak said:
    Speed is only displayed in KPH on the steering wheel? Anyway to get it to display MPH?
    Yeah, it seems so.  We definitely need an option to change it to MPH!

Will be added at some point.
This discussion has been closed.