FanaLab introduction

Comments

• Thanks for this app, looks to be amazing.

On my FormulaV2, my display is not working if i check the "7 segment mode" on iRacing. Is this normal ?
    If i uncheck it, it's normal.

Is there a solution to display the ingame flags into the "flag leds" (like yellow / Black/ etc ..)

thanks 
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Thanks for this app, looks to be amazing.

On my FormulaV2, my display is not working if i check the "7 segment mode" on iRacing. Is this normal ?
    If i uncheck it, it's normal.

Is there a solution to display the ingame flags into the "flag leds" (like yellow / Black/ etc ..)

thanks 
    What are your versions of Driver, Base Firmware and Steering Wheel Firmware?

More Flag LEDs with actual flag states will come with the next FanaLab version. 
  • Beg for support Forza series.
    I think that store app game's detection is difficult , it's so ok even if manual selection.
  • I could have missed this, as I've not had much time with Fanalab..Project cars2 needs to start in VR mode in steam for TrackIR to work. How do I do this so I can start the game up with Fanalab? 
  • I could have missed this, as I've not had much time with Fanalab..Project cars2 needs to start in VR mode in steam for TrackIR to work. How do I do this so I can start the game up with Fanalab? 
    This is planned for a future update. For now, start the game in VR mode in steam, FanaLab recognizes a game running, no need to start the game through FanaLab ;)

This is planned for a future update. For now, start the game in VR mode in steam, FanaLab recognizes a game running, no need to start the game through FanaLab ;)
    Thank you! :)
  • How to get FanaLab and SimHub work together in F1-2019

Just finished my tutorial how to get SimHub and FanaLab work together. 
    There are also some suggestions to the devs at the end of the document how to cope with UDP-streams and more than one listening app.

Thanks a lot, I'll forward the information to the developers.

Hi. I have a Elite PS4+Mclaren GT3 wheel and V3 pedals. I installed Fanalab and in Assetto Corsa I got the leds of the elite base and the vibration motors of the pedals working... but lost the information of the LCD of the steering wheel.

Anyone can help how to get that back? It's an issue with Asseto Corsa only. It was working at first try but I tried to put the gear displaying constantly and disapeared the LCD information. Already set to default and tried to close Fanalab but the LCD information doesnt show in AC...

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Did you click on both green buttons of the Game Profile page before starting AC? If you want to go back to using the game data instead of FanaLab you have to click on the red one. If the rev LEDs work I don't see a point why the display shouldn't, maybe you can send some screenshots? What you can do as well is go to settings and then on the bottom click on "View Telemetry Feed" to see if telemetry from the game is received by FanaLab. 
    Hi Marcel.
    Yes, I did click on both green buttons before starting Assetto Corsa throught Fanalab. I believe it worked the first time I tried it.
    I think it stopped working after changing the gear constantly in the LED TAB and saving the profile in the game profile tab.
    Now, even if I start AC without Fanalab running I dont get any info in the Mclaren GT3 LCD. If I press both paddles I get the double clutch bite in the lcd but that all I get there...

You can see print screens of LEDs and Game profile tabs:

It's normal that when you don't have FanaLab open that nothing is displayed on your wheel because through clicking both buttons you have setup FanaLab to address LED & Display instead of the game. If you want to revert that you have to press the red button, then the game starts again sending data to the wheel directly and you can close FanaLab and still have the LED & Display working. 

I don't know why there was nothing displayed suddenly because according to your screenshot it should show speed constantly and overwrite it with the gear while you shift. 

It works fine after hitting the red button and exit Fanalab but the lcd doesn't work after hitting both green buttons and entering assetto corsa from inside fanaleds.

I also change the vibration duration of the motors of the pedals in the vibration tabs but it doesn't afect the game profile screen...
  • It would be nice to have MPH

• It would be nice to have MPH

already confirmed to come in a future update.
  • So I did a firmware upgrade yesterday and lost all of my settings again.  I thought the Fanalab software was supposed to save them on your PC?
  • So I did a firmware upgrade yesterday and lost all of my settings again.  I thought the Fanalab software was supposed to save them on your PC?
    Ok, I found the game profiles and saved it, that should do it.
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

It works fine after hitting the red button and exit Fanalab but the lcd doesn't work after hitting both green buttons and entering assetto corsa from inside fanaleds.

I also change the vibration duration of the motors of the pedals in the vibration tabs but it doesn't afect the game profile screen...
    Does it work with a different steering wheel?
    Can you show a screenshot of your settings?
    Which driver and base, steering wheel firmware versions are you using?
    When you are on the track in Assetto Corsa and you tab out to FanaLab and go to "Settings" and "View Telemetry Feed" do you see telemetry values or is it empty?
  • I'll add my support for the Forza games.  I like messing around in FM7 and FH4.  My kids like FH4.  Get them hooked early, and you could have Fanatec customers for life! :)
  • so I have the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 which I plugged into the DD2 for first time tonight and it is nit recognised by the fanalabs software .

Is it supported and if any ideas on why its not showing 

• so I have the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 which I plugged into the DD2 for first time tonight and it is nit recognised by the fanalabs software .

Which driver are you using, which base firmware and which steering wheel firmware is installed?

Which driver are you using, which base firmware and which steering wheel firmware is installed?
    You can ignore this as I noticed it wasn't seen in the windows controller so repaired the fanatec package install and all is good - windows 10 had just updated so not sure if that messed with something 
  • Great app.
    Using:
    F1-2019
    CSW 2.5
    F1 2019 wheel
    cs 3 pedals

Finaly got it to work had to change update rate to 30Hz.

can you make a different section only for the lcd for example and the rmp leds from the game itself.

thanks.

keep up the good work

• It works fine after hitting the red button and exit Fanalab but the lcd doesn't work after hitting both green buttons and entering assetto corsa from inside fanaleds.

Does it work with a different steering wheel?
    Can you show a screenshot of your settings?
    Which driver and base, steering wheel firmware versions are you using?
    When you are on the track in Assetto Corsa and you tab out to FanaLab and go to "Settings" and "View Telemetry Feed" do you see telemetry values or is it empty?

Hi Marcel.
    I tried with my BMW wheel and works fine. I put the game in pauses and changed wheels and Mclaren LCD kept the Fanatec logo. I used both paddles and Fanatec logo disappeared... I put the Bmw wheel again and the display and led's work fine. Back to mclaren once more and no LCD information (speed and gear after gearshift).

I guess everything is ok with game telemetry. Otherwise, it shouldn't work with the BMW wheel also.

My base is Elite PS4. PC driver is version 328. wheel base firmware 630. wheel motor firmware 18. steering wheel firmware 30. I think that everything is updated.

You can see my print screens here:

• I think you need to update your driver, don't think it works with 328
  • good morning. dd2 arrived on Wednesday .. before I had a dd1. I don't know if it's causal and I'll try with other games on iracing every once in a while while driving I randomly feel a fairly strong blow ... I don't understand it happened 3 times on iracing on different tracks and I was on a straight ... something I didn't msi had wuesta feeling with the dd1 ... I noticed that every now and then fanalab stops responding no longer responds even when exiting the game the display and the rim LEDs continue to go randomly. I have to close and reopen fanalab and everything works again ... I state that I have not uninstalled the drivers but I connected dd2 updating to the 345 as the dd1 I had ... since I'm in the 14 days I still try it with other games if the problem it reappears uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them if it happens however on other games I do not accept the repair of the product but the replacement with a new one or the return. now i try it maybe it was an iracing or connection problem for this i used it iracing test version and other games. Has anyone already experienced a strong blow on the straight that makes you skid in full acceleration? make a video of the problem if it were practically impossible since it can do it every half hour is not continuous. tips? on iracing with fanalab the LEDs if they change are not stable they change color even if they are set with new colors
  • Nuno FerrazNuno Ferraz Member
    edited September 2019
    I think you need to update your driver, don't think it works with 328

Where do you find drivers after 328? I can only see 311 and 328 in fanatec site for my Elite PS4 base.

Where do you find drivers after 328? I can only see 311 and 328 in fanatec site for my Elite PS4 base.

On the FanaLab Download page where you also downloaded FanaLab. There you can find driver 345 which is compatible with FanaLab. The 311 or 328 drivers do NOT work with FanaLab.

On the FanaLab Download page where you also downloaded FanaLab. There you can find driver 345 which is compatible with FanaLab. The 311 or 328 drivers do NOT work with FanaLab.

I already updated drive, base firmware, motor firmware and wheel firmware.
    But still have the same problem in Assetto Corsa: no speed and gear in the LCD of the mclaren GT3 wheel. Works fine on BMW wheel.
    I put here the telemetry from game during play:

I already updated drive, base firmware, motor firmware and wheel firmware.
    But still have the same problem in Assetto Corsa: no speed and gear in the LCD of the mclaren GT3 wheel. Works fine on BMW wheel.
    I put here the telemetry from game during play:

The McLaren Display is actually broken with the latest driver, thats a known issue and will be fixed in the next driver release soon.
  • How do you launch iRacing with Fanalabs?  I keep getting a message to "visit the iRacing member site to launch the simulation".

Am I missing something?
  • Hello. For the speed sensitive damper do you consider having an exponential curve instead of a fix speed setting? Thanks
  • Since I installed fanalab and the latest drivers My sequential shifter does not work correctly in my race games, pcars2, raceroom, assetto 1. The games doe see the sequential shifter. I even can assign the up and down shift to the shifter but it does not work when driving. I have set the driver so that it maps the sequential shifter to the paddles but this does not make things work. Any idea.
  • R.R. Rijk said:
    Since I installed fanalab and the latest drivers My sequential shifter does not work correctly in my race games, pcars2, raceroom, assetto 1. The games doe see the sequential shifter. I even can assign the up and down shift to the shifter but it does not work when driving. I have set the driver so that it maps the sequential shifter to the paddles but this does not make things work. Any idea.
    This is a known issue of Driver 345 nd will be fixed in the next driver.
  • R.R. Rijk said:
    Since I installed fanalab and the latest drivers My sequential shifter does not work correctly in my race games, pcars2, raceroom, assetto 1. The games doe see the sequential shifter. I even can assign the up and down shift to the shifter but it does not work when driving. I have set the driver so that it maps the sequential shifter to the paddles but this does not make things work. Any idea.
    This is a known issue of Driver 345 nd will be fixed in the next driver.

Tanks...
This discussion has been closed.