DD2 motor permanently for DD1

12346»

Comments

• Hi there,

I'm a PS4 user and currently have the CSL Elite Base and the F1-2019 wheel with the podium shifters.
    I would love to upgrade to a DD base but it doesn't make sense to buy the the PS4 podium bundle since I'm perfectly happy with the F1-2019 wheel and paddles.

Will there ever be an option to buy a standalone PS4 compatible DD base in the future?
    Thanks!
    There are no plans to sell the DD1 with the PS4 security chip seperately anytime soon is the latest official answer to this.
  • edited June 2019
    This is unfortunate.
    We should have the option to get a standalone DD base for PS4.
  • It's Sony's decision & requirement that the PS4 DD wheel base is sold with that F1 rim. Fanatec can't change that.
  • Amigos,

Alguém que tenha dificuldades em trocar de marcha no Shifter SQ V1.5 quando conectado à base DD1? Eu não tenho problemas quando conectado diretamente ao PC e base do CSW V2, mas agora no DD1 está enfrentando esse problema.

Eu costumo pegar um reverso quando seleciono a primeira marcha. Se a segunda engrenagem estiver engatada quando eu selecionar a quarta marcha. E envolve o terceiro quando eu seleciono o quinto. Em média, a cada 12 acessos, 1 está causando problemas. Isso é observado em software e jogos (Motorist, iRacing, Assetto).

Qualquer orientação para resolver este problema é bem vinda.

Nota: Estou usando o novo cabo nos pedais da V3, conforme distribuído e indicado pela Fanatec. Este conjunto é composto por um Pedal de Base DD1 + CSW V3 + Volante BMW GT2 + Shifter SQ V1.5.
    Querida,

Grato.

Saudações,
    Alexandre Resende
  • I'm using 'podium for ps4'. I have been using these products for 20 days. Used on ps4 and mainly Gran Turismo spot. However, this issue continues to arise. Currently, the fourth product hangs. It is connected to ps4. But I stopped without working. How should I get this symptom? I wonder. I want to use the product perfectly. please.
  • went to your australian  webshop today to purchase a dd1,in early may you announced a price rise to $1699 now webshop has $1899 as price a $200 increase without notification.combine extra warranty and kill switch brings total to $2368.80, $130.20 less than the dd2 is this correct and why the price increase?pointless purchasing dd1 may have to look elsewhere.looking for a quick response money ready for purchase of a direct drive base from several companies cheers
  • also have noticed huge price increase on most of your products of up to%20 is there a reason for this or just price gouging your loyal customers, this is a deal breaker Fanatec.very sneaky no announcements 
  • Benjamin KusBenjamin Kus Member
    edited July 2019
    Well its obvious if you want the extra warranty and kill switch, then you get a nearly free upgrade to the DD2.
    Prices change in retail all the time. No other store announces their changes in price, why should Fanatec be treated any different? Your only noticing because you have been holding off buying it.

Tesla just raised their Australian Model 3 package prices without telling anyone, are you going to complain to them too?

Which other products have had their prices raised? All the steering wheels & bits look similar to me?

To be honest, I have never used the emergency kill switch, other then to turn on and off the DD2 using the extra power button.

You are looking at Fanatec for a reason, which is probably because you like or are already invested in the whole ecosystem. If you want to go else where then go for it.

Wait a few months and you might pick up a Black Friday sale.
  • edited July 2019
    Fanatec customers seem to enjoy whining alot - could it be cause some aren't grown up so much ? Just a theory...might be a gamer thing. This im a customer - you owe me something. Seems to exist only outside germany, you guys are lucky!
  • edited July 2019
    to Benjamin re your comment ,fanatec have in the past announced price increases  ie in may price for the dd1 was in upped $100 and was announced.example xbox clubsport hub was $499 now $599 a %20 increase maybe mind your own business same for christophe
  • Yeah Robert
  • Podium Racing Wheel F1 EU Modell: P RW F1 EU Verfügbarkeit: Vorverkauf Verfügbarkeitsdatum: 2019-08-27 Hello has that a impact also to my order there is 2019-08-16? Schöne Grüsse
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    I'm using 'podium for ps4'. I have been using these products for 20 days. Used on ps4 and mainly Gran Turismo spot. However, this issue continues to arise. Currently, the fourth product hangs. It is connected to ps4. But I stopped without working. How should I get this symptom? I wonder. I want to use the product perfectly. please.
    Please contact our support team. They can be reached via Live Chat, which is available from 8:00 to 20:45 on weekdays and 13:00 to 22:45 on weekends. You can also telephone (0049 871 9221 299) Monday to Friday from 14:00 to 16:00. All times in UTC+2. Alternatively, you can open a support ticket via the 'Support/FAQ' tab at any time.

• Fanatec said price for DD1 would increase to AU$1699, but in fact,, after some time, you guys just increased to AUU$1899, so the real increase wasn't $200 only, but $400.
  • Hello,

is the DD1, May 2020, still a detuned DD2 motor??

• edited May 2020

it will always be the FULL DD2 motor until its clearly mentioned in the name of the product.

Its not a detuned DD2 motor, it uses different electronic parts which limit the Trq, the motor itself is 100% the same.

• Thanks. And that is what I meant by detuned - DD2 mechanical chunk with electronic limitation. Do you think that the acceleration remains the same with the lower max and holding trq?

• According to Fanatecs introduction video the Dd2 has a slightly faster acceleration.

• Hello!

How can I can I check if a DD1 base has the DD2 motor?

Thanks,

Tomás