FanaLab introduction

Comments

• Where are the logs stored? I'm trying to see if there's any details logged about why FanaLabs application keeps closing/exiting on my system.

It launches fine, works when I launch iRacing, but then I'll come back to the desktop some time later and find that it is no longer running.
  • Is Fanalabs meant to load up and add the created profile when the sim is launched. I ask as i load iracing and Fanalabs does not start up I have to start manually and load my required profile. Is this correct, I though I read it starts up when the sim starts?
    Thanks
  • Is Fanalabs meant to load up and add the created profile when the sim is launched. I ask as i load iracing and Fanalabs does not start up I have to start manually and load my required profile. Is this correct, I though I read it starts up when the sim starts?
    Thanks
    You need to start FanaLab manually, yes. For now there is no Autostart option, but that's coming soon. A profile however will load automatically when you have made it the default profile for the game by clicking on the red "Default?" button which then turns into a green icon which means this profile will be loaded as the games default profile automatically when the game starts.
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited September 2019

It works fine after hitting the red button and exit Fanalab but the lcd doesn't work after hitting both green buttons and entering assetto corsa from inside fanaleds.

I also change the vibration duration of the motors of the pedals in the vibration tabs but it doesn't afect the game profile screen...
    Does it work with a different steering wheel?
    Can you show a screenshot of your settings?
    Which driver and base, steering wheel firmware versions are you using?
    When you are on the track in Assetto Corsa and you tab out to FanaLab and go to "Settings" and "View Telemetry Feed" do you see telemetry values or is it empty?

Hi Marcel.
    I tried with my BMW wheel and works fine. I put the game in pauses and changed wheels and Mclaren LCD kept the Fanatec logo. I used both paddles and Fanatec logo disappeared... I put the Bmw wheel again and the display and led's work fine. Back to mclaren once more and no LCD information (speed and gear after gearshift).

I guess everything is ok with game telemetry. Otherwise, it shouldn't work with the BMW wheel also.

My base is Elite PS4. PC driver is version 328. wheel base firmware 630. wheel motor firmware 18. steering wheel firmware 30. I think that everything is updated.

Please Update to 345, it was mentioned in the first post https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/beta-drivers
    Cristian said:
    good morning. dd2 arrived on Wednesday .. before I had a dd1. I don't know if it's causal and I'll try with other games on iracing every once in a while while driving I randomly feel a fairly strong blow ... I don't understand it happened 3 times on iracing on different tracks and I was on a straight ... something I didn't msi had wuesta feeling with the dd1 ... I noticed that every now and then fanalab stops responding no longer responds even when exiting the game the display and the rim LEDs continue to go randomly. I have to close and reopen fanalab and everything works again ... I state that I have not uninstalled the drivers but I connected dd2 updating to the 345 as the dd1 I had ... since I'm in the 14 days I still try it with other games if the problem it reappears uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them if it happens however on other games I do not accept the repair of the product but the replacement with a new one or the return. now i try it maybe it was an iracing or connection problem for this i used it iracing test version and other games. Has anyone already experienced a strong blow on the straight that makes you skid in full acceleration? make a video of the problem if it were practically impossible since it can do it every half hour is not continuous. tips? on iracing with fanalab the LEDs if they change are not stable they change color even if they are set with new colors
    We heard of a delay issue and try to find and solve the issue.
    Regarding the "blow" you mean a steering input to one side? Does it happen only in iR? Does it happen only when FanaLab is on?

Hello. For the speed sensitive damper do you consider having an exponential curve instead of a fix speed setting? Thanks
    It already ramps up, it's not an on/off switch at the set speed. 
  • Cristian said:
    good morning. dd2 arrived on Wednesday .. before I had a dd1. I don't know if it's causal and I'll try with other games on iracing every once in a while while driving I randomly feel a fairly strong blow ... I don't understand it happened 3 times on iracing on different tracks and I was on a straight ... something I didn't msi had wuesta feeling with the dd1 ... I noticed that every now and then fanalab stops responding no longer responds even when exiting the game the display and the rim LEDs continue to go randomly. I have to close and reopen fanalab and everything works again ... I state that I have not uninstalled the drivers but I connected dd2 updating to the 345 as the dd1 I had ... since I'm in the 14 days I still try it with other games if the problem it reappears uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them if it happens however on other games I do not accept the repair of the product but the replacement with a new one or the return. now i try it maybe it was an iracing or connection problem for this i used it iracing test version and other games. Has anyone already experienced a strong blow on the straight that makes you skid in full acceleration? make a video of the problem if it were practically impossible since it can do it every half hour is not continuous. tips? on iracing with fanalab the LEDs if they change are not stable they change color even if they are set with new colors
    We heard of a delay issue and try to find and solve the issue.
    Regarding the "blow" you mean a steering input to one side? Does it happen only in iR? Does it happen only when FanaLab is on?

•  Cristian Cristian Member
    edited September 2019
    sorry   my error

hello and thanks for the answer ... it happened on iracing and with active fanalab and I heard a side blow ...
    now I'm not opening more fanalabs to see if it is perfect podium and it would seem a software problem of headlamp ...
    even the iraced LEDs are not stable colors.
    every now and then the program is blocked and goes alone even when leaving the game I have to close and reopen fanalab. but as I have already said, I open it a little because I want to be sure that the steering wheel is perfect. thanks
  • I posted this on the blog but think you want questions here instead.

I installed Fanalab today. Followed the directions to make sure the box is not checked for fanaleds in iRacing. I'm locking up the tires on purpose to see if the purple lights come on, they don't on the wheel. They do in iRacing so I know they are locking up but the wheel is not lighting up purple, or any color for that matter.

I also tried to dampen oscillations like they did in the video for FanaLabs. Doesn't work. I even tried moving the Effect Range up to see if that would help. Still goes nuts if I let go of the wheel at high speed.

DD1, Formula v2 wheel on PC w/ V3 pedals connected directly to DD1. 
  • I still can't find the logs... but here's all the info that is available via the event viewer:

Fault bucket 1649289105616090193, type 1
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: FanaLab.exe
    P2: 0.0.0.4
    P3: 5d4cff18
    P4: HID.DLL
    P5: 10.0.18362.1
    P6: 5deb3073
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 00003aeb
    P9: 
    P10: 

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD0AF.tmp.mdmp
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD2C3.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD2E3.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD2E1.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD302.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_FanaLab.exe_c5eca58def1c0e6f4dedcafab9e98bc219e8d25_82a775dc_bc41f909-6cf2-4859-a22f-1cc847d28edc

Analysis symbol: 
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 0c3065c3-3915-45f2-af57-a66813d53097
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket: ded8e31a607a54d086e373b4082b3451

• edited September 2019
    I posted this on the blog but think you want questions here instead.

I installed Fanalab today. Followed the directions to make sure the box is not checked for fanaleds in iRacing. I'm locking up the tires on purpose to see if the purple lights come on, they don't on the wheel. They do in iRacing so I know they are locking up but the wheel is not lighting up purple, or any color for that matter.

I also tried to dampen oscillations like they did in the video for FanaLabs. Doesn't work. I even tried moving the Effect Range up to see if that would help. Still goes nuts if I let go of the wheel at high speed.

Locking tires and wheel spin Flagleds is not supported by the iRacing Telemetry. You shouldn't even be able to adjust the colors of these FlagLEDs for iRacing, should be greyed out because it's not supported (as well as almost all Telemetry based vibration settings)
  • Ok thanks for the heads up.
    Thanks
    You need to start FanaLab manually, yes. For now there is no Autostart option, but that's coming soon. A profile however will load automatically when you have made it the default profile for the game by clicking on the red "Default?" button which then turns into a green icon which means this profile will be loaded as the games default profile automatically when the game starts.
    Thank you
    I posted this on the blog but think you want questions here instead.

If your Speed Sensitive Damper isn't working, make sure DPR (Damper Strength) in the Tuning Menu is at 100%.
    Check under FanaLab - Settings - View Telemetry Feed, if speed data is shown while your car is on track in iRacing.
    The higher you set the speed, the later the dampening starts, so for testing I would suggest to set it very low like 10kph.
    Same for the effect range, for testing I would increase it to at least 360°.
    What Driver and Firmware are you suing?

Like Maurice already said those LED features aren't available in iRacing because they don't share this information in the telemetry to prevent cheating.
    I still can't find the logs... but here's all the info that is available via the event viewer:

Fault bucket 1649289105616090193, type 1

Problem signature:
    P9: 
    P10: 

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD0AF.tmp.mdmp
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD2C3.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD2E3.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD2E1.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD302.tmp.txt

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_FanaLab.exe_c5eca58def1c0e6f4dedcafab9e98bc219e8d25_82a775dc_bc41f909-6cf2-4859-a22f-1cc847d28edc

Analysis symbol: 
    Report Id: 0c3065c3-3915-45f2-af57-a66813d53097
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket: ded8e31a607a54d086e373b4082b3451

Thanks, I'll forward this.
  • would be cool if the app could somehow figure out when you are using a podium DD1 in CSW2.5 mode so you can have the podium parameters show. This for games that only work in CSW2.5 compat mode.
  • would be cool if the app could somehow figure out when you are using a podium DD1 in CSW2.5 mode so you can have the podium parameters show. This for games that only work in CSW2.5 compat mode.
    Thats already possible as you can read in the FanaLab manual. When the DD is in comp mode, you have a small dropdown arrow on the top left of the CSW v2.5 Base image. Change that to the DD you are using and then the NDP and NFR values will be shown correctly in the Tuning Menu Tab.
  • great stuff, thanks so much.... :-)

• Rob CrouchRob Crouch Member
    edited September 2019
    Please let me know how I can collect more info regarding these crashes in order for you guys to fix it.....

Crashed mid race in iRacing. I'm running a DD1 with Special Edition Formula rim.

Application: FanaLab.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
       at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
       at PodiumControl.App.Main()

Application: FanaLab.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
       at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
       at PodiumControl.App.Main()

Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
    P9: 
    P10: 

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9083.tmp.mdmp
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER92E5.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9315.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9313.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9333.tmp.txt
    \\?\C:\Users\fuz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9884.tmp.appcompat.txt
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_FanaLab.exe_c5eca58def1c0e6f4dedcafab9e98bc219e8d25_82a775dc_cab_db6e57d2-92dc-4b09-955e-c73e4a6a1dc9\memory.hdmp

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_FanaLab.exe_c5eca58def1c0e6f4dedcafab9e98bc219e8d25_82a775dc_cab_db6e57d2-92dc-4b09-955e-c73e4a6a1dc9

Analysis symbol: 
    Report Id: 1df0d611-eceb-486a-88ca-448ce6163317
    Report Status: 100
    Hashed bucket: 
    Cab Guid: 0

Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
    P9: 
    P10: 

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9083.tmp.mdmp
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER92E5.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9315.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9313.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9333.tmp.txt
    \\?\C:\Users\fuz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9884.tmp.appcompat.txt
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_FanaLab.exe_c5eca58def1c0e6f4dedcafab9e98bc219e8d25_82a775dc_cab_db6e57d2-92dc-4b09-955e-c73e4a6a1dc9\memory.hdmp

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_FanaLab.exe_c5eca58def1c0e6f4dedcafab9e98bc219e8d25_82a775dc_cab_db6e57d2-92dc-4b09-955e-c73e4a6a1dc9

Analysis symbol: 
    Report Id: 1df0d611-eceb-486a-88ca-448ce6163317
    Report Status: 100
    Hashed bucket: 
    Cab Guid: 0
  • Marcel, why not introduce in the software the recommend Fanatec settings for the games? Or is this planned already?
    Marcel, why not introduce in the software the recommend Fanatec settings for the games? Or is this planned already?
    It's planned already, but not for the next update. We want to have an additional button which leads to the forum to cover the ingame settings as well and we have to go through every base and game combination and save the settings. I've done that already for some, but not every combination. 
    Thats already possible as you can read in the FanaLab manual. When the DD is in comp mode, you have a small dropdown arrow on the top left of the CSW v2.5 Base image. Change that to the DD you are using and then the NDP and NFR values will be shown correctly in the Tuning Menu Tab.
    ok stupid me seems i need to read some stuff :P

• Have tried on F1 2019, no luck, drivers and firmware is up to date, in game leds are off, telemetry and leds are enabled in fanalab, when I run the game the bottom left of fanalab says it is uninitiated, there are no logs,band the display just shows 000 in game, no rev lights or anything. Any idea what the issue is? Pictures attached.
  • I must be missing something basic. I have the 3.145 driver installed and a ClubSport v2.5 base with a CSL Elite P1 wheel. The software loaded fine, detected all my games and I have them executing from the software fine. I invoke Project cars 2, it detects my active devices, and I have saved the initial settings as setting 1, saved to a file, and made it default. What I don't understand is I want to try and save another configuration with just  a change to FEI. The default FEI in the wheel remianst at 0. I wish to try 60 %.. I move the slider to 60%. Yet, after having done that, I go to the Wheel, press the wrench button, navigate to FEI, expecting it to say 60%. As soon as I press the funky switch up to show the value, it shows zero, and the slider immediately returns to 0. How do I save alternate configurations for a specific game?

After I move the slider, I tried returning to game profiles, and re-saving and overwriting the existing file. I exit the game, re-execute, load the file, I click on the number I used (2 or 3), and the slider for FEI is back at 0. The manual for the fanalab does not explicitly state how to save a change once you make it in the GUI. The fact that the value as displayed by the wheel differs from the value of the slider at the time of the save, makes me suspicious that the values are not being affected.

What am I missing?

Thanks

I must be missing something basic. I have the 3.145 driver installed and a ClubSport v2.5 base with a CSL Elite P1 wheel. The software loaded fine, detected all my games and I have them executing from the software fine. I invoke Project cars 2, it detects my active devices, and I have saved the initial settings as setting 1, saved to a file, and made it default. What I don't understand is I want to try and save another configuration with just  a change to FEI. The default FEI in the wheel remianst at 0. I wish to try 60 %.. I move the slider to 60%. Yet, after having done that, I go to the Wheel, press the wrench button, navigate to FEI, expecting it to say 60%. As soon as I press the funky switch up to show the value, it shows zero, and the slider immediately returns to 0. How do I save alternate configurations for a specific game?

After I move the slider, I tried returning to game profiles, and re-saving and overwriting the existing file. I exit the game, re-execute, load the file, I click on the number I used (2 or 3), and the slider for FEI is back at 0. The manual for the fanalab does not explicitly state how to save a change once you make it in the GUI. The fact that the value as displayed by the wheel differs from the value of the slider at the time of the save, makes me suspicious that the values are not being affected.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Sounds like a bug because normally what you describe should work.
    Your base firmware version is 662?
    To properly check if things are communicated correctly try the following:
    Go through every setting on the wheel and change it, look if the slider in FanaLab moves.
    Then move the slider and see if the value on the wheel changes.
    Let me know which values are not working in which direction.
    Have tried on F1 2019, no luck, drivers and firmware is up to date, in game leds are off, telemetry and leds are enabled in fanalab, when I run the game the bottom left of fanalab says it is uninitiated, there are no logs,band the display just shows 000 in game, no rev lights or anything. Any idea what the issue is? Pictures attached.
    Do you run any other software in parallel which needs the telemetry of the game?
  • Paul HartlPaul Hartl Member
    edited September 2019
    Have tried on F1 2019, no luck, drivers and firmware is up to date, in game leds are off, telemetry and leds are enabled in fanalab, when I run the game the bottom left of fanalab says it is uninitiated, there are no logs,band the display just shows 000 in game, no rev lights or anything. Any idea what the issue is? Pictures attached.
    Do you run any other software in parallel which needs the telemetry of the game?
    Hi Marcel, I have a couple of bass shakers that I use through simvibe but I was trying fanalab without running them just to see if fanalab would work but it didn't. There was a fella on page 1 or 2 that said he had it working with simvibe / Sim commander
    Hi Marcel, I have a couple of bass shakers that I use through simvibe but I was trying fanalab without running them just to see if fanalab would work but it didn't. There was a fella on page 1 or 2 that said he had it working with simvibe / Sim commander
    It could be that Sim Commander once changed something with the communication. In the next update of FanaLab we hope to improve the compatibility with other 3rd party applications. 
  • I must be missing something basic. I have the 3.145 driver installed and a ClubSport v2.5 base with a CSL Elite P1 wheel. The software loaded fine, detected all my games and I have them executing from the software fine. I invoke Project cars 2, it detects my active devices, and I have saved the initial settings as setting 1, saved to a file, and made it default. What I don't understand is I want to try and save another configuration with just  a change to FEI. The default FEI in the wheel remianst at 0. I wish to try 60 %.. I move the slider to 60%. Yet, after having done that, I go to the Wheel, press the wrench button, navigate to FEI, expecting it to say 60%. As soon as I press the funky switch up to show the value, it shows zero, and the slider immediately returns to 0. How do I save alternate configurations for a specific game?

What am I missing?

Thanks

Sounds like a bug because normally what you describe should work.
    Your base firmware version is 662?
    To properly check if things are communicated correctly try the following:
    Go through every setting on the wheel and change it, look if the slider in FanaLab moves.
    Then move the slider and see if the value on the wheel changes.
    Let me know which values are not working in which direction.
    The firmware is whatever came with the 328 drivers. I recall reading I needed at least the 3.140 driver, but I do not recall any prerequisite to update the wheel base firmware beyond the official release level. Is newer firmware included in the 3.145 driver? If so I assume if it goes horribly wrong I can fall back to what I currently have from the 328 driver. I can state that the telemetry is working fine. All the values were updating in real time while playing. Quite impressive actually.

I will try the procedure you suggest at my next opportunity.

Thank you for the response.
    It's driver 345 not 3.145.

Most driver updates contain new firmware versions, you should always check! Also always make sure everything is up to date because there are multiple firmware versions you might have to update. Only if you open the driver UI and it doesn't prompt an update anymore you can be sure that everything is correct. You might have to update Base, then Motor, then steering wheel. The only steering wheels which need a firmware right now are the Formula V2 ones or the McLaren, so if you don't connect them while the driver is open you are always missing to update them. 
This discussion has been closed.