WRC8 settings?

Anyone already has DD1 setup advize for WRC8? Thanks!

Comments

• ...or for CSL ELITE PS4?
  • try Gamer-muscle on YouTube, he has a setup video as well as shilling and tea drinking
  • edited September 2019
    Thanks Aaron. Will have a look later tonight. 

Edit: I tried GM settings but they are way to leight/loose (personal preference). 
  • hello do you have set up for wrc8 for my csl elit ps4 plz ?
  • @Brian
    Are you playing on PS4 with your DD1 ? Mine is recognized by the game.
    You will find some in-game settings on "Franconen" YT channel : WRC8 #2#. During the video, you'll have a look to his in-game settings.
  • edited September 2019
    @Brian
    Are you playing on PS4 with your DD1 ? Mine is recognized by the game.
    You will find some in-game settings on "Franconen" YT channel : WRC8 #2#. During the video, you'll have a look to his in-game settings.
    Thanks Thierry! Appreciated. 
    I still have the default settings for my DD1 on PC. I will have a look at this YT and hopefully the physics/ffb feel more lively. 

Edit: again thx for sharing. I tried also these settings but it is still for some reason not working (for me personally). I miss the connection/feel with the car and road. it's floaty and numb. 

Hopefully Dom or colleague can have a look at this and share their recommendations for DD settings and in game settings like in other race games? 
  • edited September 2019
    Hey Guys, I tried the GamerMuscle Settings on my CSW2.5 and I was not very happy with it as well. I like more feel on the wheel :D
    I really like the Dirt Rally 2.0 settings here from Fanantec so I played around with it for myself to find a setting that feels similar.
    Here is my take on WRC8 with a ClubSport Wheelbase 2.5

Wheel Rotation 900

Overall Force 100
    Self aligning torque 100
    Tyre load 60
    Self centre 65
    Recentre force 100

Vibration
    Overall vibration 70
    Tyre slip 50
    Suspension 100
    Ground Surface 40
    Engine 40
    Collision 60
    Throttle pedal & Break pedal 100 or 0 (dont have it)

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Tuning Menu Settings:
    SEN 900
    FF 100
    SHO 100
    ABS User Preference
    DRI -01
    FOR 100
    SPR 100*
    DPR 100*
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 100
  • Thanks Benjamin. With your settings the WRC8 'feels' way better.
  • I actually changed

Tyre load 60 to 25

I felt like this setting is responsible for the "dull rubber" like feel on the wheel.
    Much better with tuning it down.
  • Hey Guys, I tried the GamerMuscle Settings on my CSW2.5 and I was not very happy with it as well. I like more feel on the wheel :D
    I really like the Dirt Rally 2.0 settings here from Fanantec so I played around with it for myself to find a setting that feels similar.
    Here is my take on WRC8 with a ClubSport Wheelbase 2.5

Wheel Rotation 900

Overall Force 100
    Self aligning torque 100
    Tyre load 60
    Self centre 65
    Recentre force 100

Vibration
    Overall vibration 70
    Tyre slip 50
    Suspension 100
    Ground Surface 40
    Engine 40
    Collision 60
    Throttle pedal & Break pedal 100 or 0 (dont have it)

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

Tuning Menu Settings:
    SEN 900
    FF 100
    SHO 100
    ABS User Preference
    DRI -01
    FOR 100
    SPR 100*
    DPR 100*
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 100

hello thancks for sharing your setting but i try it on my csl elit for ps4 and it's very bad feeling ... 
    I don't have feeling on this game... I m waiting for official setting by fanatec :/

• there is no support for the Fanalab software at the moment, is it planed for the future?
  • Hello guys,

any official settings from Fanatec for CSL Elite PS4 for the PC version of the game please??
  • yo, Dom or anybody watching this? fearless fanatec testers, are you out there? Fanatec, you even have a sales guy with your product playing this title, how about some settings already? I don't feel putting this wrist breaker(dd1) on any title without a baseline setting as its probably not safe. Need a Wreckfest setting as well, al of the sudden i cant get the steering angle to jive with the game in cockpit view.
  • yo, Dom or anybody watching this? fearless fanatec testers, are you out there? Fanatec, you even have a sales guy with your product playing this title, how about some settings already? I don't feel putting this wrist breaker(dd1) on any title without a baseline setting as its probably not safe. Need a Wreckfest setting as well, al of the sudden i cant get the steering angle to jive with the game in cockpit view.
    nevermind, i sent it back.
  • Wow. So I found that you wanna be on 720 max steering angle and match sensitivity in base.

i ran the above mentioned settings for ingame and wasted 6 hours of my life as they were not very good compared to resetting the ingame settings and going with the 720 max steering angle ingame as well as for the base. As for the base settings i went with the tried and true dirt rally 2.0 settings and this was the best of all my testing.

All in all the game is buggy and combined with this dd1 hardware it is probably too dangerous to play anymore and ill be contacting the bigben support staff (fanatec has the information)

• Pls, anybody have a setup for DD2?

Dirt2.0 feels nice with Fanatecs provided settings but i would really want someting similar for WRC8.

anyone?

• there seems to be no interest from Fanatec to support this game :( even though the DD1 and DD2 is support by the game

• its the worst game ever to setup your max steering wheel angle and pedals (Heusinkveld) if you don't got mainstream hardware, the preset management probably never got tested by Bigben itself. For me pure frustration

WRC8 GamerMuscle Settings DD1+DD2 https://youtu.be/RziiPJcbJY0

Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN Auto

FFB 50

LIN OFF

NDP 10

NFR OFF

NIN OFF

INT OFF

FEI 90

FOR 100

SPR OFF (no effect)

DPR OFF (no effect)

ABS OFF (depends on hardware)

SHO 100 (depends on hardware)

In-Game Settings:

Max wheel angle: 370

Overall force: 100

Self aligning torque: 100

Tyre load: 20

Self center: 30

Recenter force: 100

Overall vibration: 60

Tyre slip: 90

Suspension: 109

Ground surface: 10

Engine: 0

Collision: 60

Throttle pedal: 0

Brake pedal: 0

• and for the elite cls ps4 wrc9 some help

• I finally came out with these settings ----! which are by no mean perfect !---- but they resemble the most the feeling i get with dirt rally 2. Still crying hard to find a better feeling for low speeds, but i guess it's gonna be hard because of the power steering of modern cars?

PODIUM DDR 1

!!! WARNING !!! My wheel base is set on --LOW TORQUE--

Tuning Menu:

SEN: 720°

FF: 100%

LIN: off

NDP: 30%

NFR: 10%

NIN: 15%

INT: off

FEI: 90

FOR: 100%

SPR: 60%

DPR: 70%

BLI: off

SHO 100%

In Game Settings:

Max wheel angle: 720°

Overall force: 100

Self aligning torque: 150

Tyre load: 80

Self center: 70

Recenter force: 100

Overall vibration: 70

Tyre slip: 120

Suspension: 130

Ground surface: 150

Engine: 40

Collision: 60

Throttle pedal: 100

Brake pedal: 100

I know it looks like a looooot of vibration, but it's really not.😂

for me, surface vibrations are for this game the best and kind of only 🤔 sort of feedback.

I guess it needs also a bit of getting used to since for some reason cars tend to spin a bit more than dirt?

• I have a DD2, R300 Podium and Heusinveld Pedals, Shifter and HB, spent a few weeks tweaking settings, changing them one click at a time, testing some rally's and ended up with the following. I found that if you take the time to tweak the settings to your hardware this game isn't nearly as bad as people say. Yes it has it's issues, yesterday I uninstalled Fanalab and it hosed my FFB in WRC. Thru process of elimination was able to determine that reinstalling WRC was the only way to restore FFB. If you change the settings in Game Controller it almost always resets the ingame Max Wheel Angle to 200. Honestly, I don't see much difference regardless of what ingame Max Angle is set too.

I've done a lot of testing, let me know if you have any questions. Be careful with Engine, it can cause all kinds of weird vibrations. I have 1800 hours of playing time with DR2, and honestly never thought I'd like this game, I was so unhappy when I first bought it that I wrote the developers, didn't touch it for months and was willing to wait until 2023 for CM version. I spent some time with Wreckfest a while back doing the same and decided to take a stab at WRC and couldn't be happier with both. It does require some effort on your part. And if you're not happy with these settings do what I did, start with the defaults and start tweaking. You learn a lot about how the game behaves when you do this. A couple clicks of a setting can have a major impact on the vehicles performance, least on my hardware. The four training courses can be very helpful for improving you driving technique. Good luck.

Robert

Comp V2.5

SEN 540

FF 49

LIN Off

NDP 14

NFR 9

NIN Off

INT Off

FEI 80

FOR 90

SPR 90