Fanatec Beta Driver V346 for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
Hello Everybody,

Changelog of V346:
1. Fixed Map Sequential Shifter to Paddles that does not work when Mapping settings is checked in the Settings page.
2. Fixed issue of 4k and 1080p resolution that disalign the controls coordinates in Settings page and Tuning Menu page.
3. Fixed the correct naming of Formula Steering Wheel Picture Selection in Settings page to "ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® Esports"
4. Fixed Freezing issue of the Tuning Menu page.
5. Add Shifter Calibration in the Settings Page for Steering Wheel without TM Button "PHub". (Shifter is connected in the Wheel Base)
6. Control Panel pages re-order and shows according to Device connected.  

Firmwares included: 
   - CSW V1 Base : CSW_Base_V662_rev1681_app    
   - CSW V2 Base : CSW_V2_Base_V662_rev1681_app    
   - CSW V2.5 Base : CSW_V2_5_Base_V662_rev1681_app   
   - CSL E Base  : CSL_E_Base_V662_rev1681_app    
   - CSL E Base PS4 : CSL_E_PS4_Base_V662_rev1681_app   
   - DD Base  : PDW_DD_Base_V662_rev1681_app    
   - EBLDC   : CSLEWBPS4_CSWBV2.5_EBLDC_V22_rev335_app 
   - EBLDC DD10  : PWBDD1_EBLDC_V30_rev356_app    
   - EBLDC DD20  : PWBDD2_EBLDC_V30_rev356_app    
   - RMCL  : RMcL_V30_rev38_app       
   - RFORMV2  : RFORMv2_V28_rev113_app
   - PHub   : SW_P_Hub_V1_rev113_app

B. Firmwares:
- Podium DD: Reworked Power Button behaviour
   FFB dis-/enabeled by short press <1sec
   >1 second press switches base off (with message on display)
- Added functionality for upcoming products

Known Issues:
  • Sorry the "notchy" issue of CSW V2.5 and CSL E PS4 which some testers experienced is still under investigation and couldn't get fixed yet. I've attached motor firmware V20 which has less coil whine than V18 and less notching than V22 according to some testers. 
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
0. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue. Most likely it will be driver OR firmware.
1. Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
2. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
3. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
4. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:

Wheel Base Model (product ID): ....
Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
Driver Version: ....
Base FW Version: ....
Wheel FW Version: ....

Thank you very much!

We hope for your positive feedback! 

Comments

• Hi Marcel,

Just updated to this PC Driver 346. How do I update the Wireless Quick Release FW?  

My DD1 Main FW is v662, Motor FW v 30, however my WQR is still at FW v5 and I noticed that the latest is v6.

Thanks
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    Hi Marcel,

Just updated to this PC Driver 346. How do I update the Wireless Quick Release FW?  

My DD1 Main FW is v662, Motor FW v 30, however my WQR is still at FW v5 and I noticed that the latest is v6.

Thanks
    WQR can't be changed and there is also no need to yet.
  • Sensitifity is reading wrong in the Tuning Menu Driver Screen (but shown correctly in FanaLab and the Tuning Menu on the wheel). 1080° is shown as 2350°... 

• Some nice positive feedback...Getting used to the new Tuning Menu after seeing it how it should be really nice, and so far all is working as it should :)
    Thanks for the fix ;) \0/
  • edited September 2019
    Sensitifity is reading wrong in the Tuning Menu Driver Screen (but shown correctly in FanaLab and the Tuning Menu on the wheel). 1080° is shown as 2350°... 

That's Really weird... Mine is working as it should and showing correctly 1080 as Max DOR in Tuning Menu, On Wheel Menu and FanaLab... Edit: When I put wheel in v2.5 compatibility mode steering Max DOR Reads 900 as it should... For Me New Dr 346 is working Flawless with No Glitches or Bugs that I Found after 5+ Hours of use in Many Games as noted in My post a Few Down... I will test rF2 and Dirt Rally 2.0 tomorrow after work.

I know you know your stuff did you do a Delete then fresh install of New DR???  Is it possible it was just a random buged install???

So Far for Me everything is working as it should including the Text scaling at 4k... Every thing is Now Readable  =D>  ... This Makes Me Very happy Great Work Fanatec. 

The Only thing that I could ask for is to put back the check box to Show/Display the APM module so that i don't have to change screens for the APM to register and show.

Thanks for the hard work and dedication... It really shows that Team Fanatec is hard at work
    \m/
  • edited September 2019
    Windows 10/64bit , Build 1903
    DD2 w/Universal Hub + APM
    Dr 346
    FW 662
    Mtr FW 30

Game Tested  ACC -  4+ Hours testing  and I'm happy to say No Bugs or issues to Report.. =D> 
    Thus Far the New DR 346 is working Flawless and My DD2 Feel more Alive than Ever :) Podium APM unit, SQ 1.5 Shifter and CS HB 1.5 are working No problems at all

Edit more games Tested: ACC, AC, Pcars1, Pcar2, Race Room are all working Flawless with New Dr...So far I cant find any Bugs or Flaws.
    I will update list as i go.

I can Finally Retire DR 334 its been My Fall back Driver for some time Now... I know some had issues with it but its the 1 that worked best for Me consistently...

• Podium DD1
    Formula V2 Wheel
    Driver: 345
    WBF: 662
    WBMFW: 30
    SWF: 28
    V3i pedals connected to the DD1
    SQ 1.5 Shifter connected to DD1
    CS Handbrake connected to DD1

The map sequential shifter to paddles feature works now but my SQ shifter seems backwards to me. It shifts down with a forward push and up with a backwards pull. The driver function test shows the same with the left paddle lighting up with a forward push of the SQ. I have only had one car with a sequential and it was the opposite with a push forward to shift up. Is it possible my shifter is wired backwards or do you guys say it is supposed to work this way? Am I doing something wrong?
  • Thats the way My Shifter has always worked... Its Normal.
  • Thanks Lerrell.....I just watched some videos of rally cars with SQ shifters and most were set up that way.  I guess I will have to get used to it.
  • Ward PatersonWard Paterson Member
    edited September 2019
    Keen to hear if any issues on the PS4.  I'm not game to update my PS4 DD1 again after updated to 345 and 5 hrs later had USB issues.  Not sure if the 345 FW was related to this and killed something, or if it was an EOL failure.

Following

Sensitifity is reading wrong in the Tuning Menu Driver Screen (but shown correctly in FanaLab and the Tuning Menu on the wheel). 1080° is shown as 2350°... 

You are using the internal 663 beta firmware which has an increased steering angle implemented I guess.
    Podium DD1
    Formula V2 Wheel
    Driver: 345
    WBF: 662
    WBMFW: 30
    SWF: 28
    V3i pedals connected to the DD1
    SQ 1.5 Shifter connected to DD1
    CS Handbrake connected to DD1

The map sequential shifter to paddles feature works now but my SQ shifter seems backwards to me. It shifts down with a forward push and up with a backwards pull. The driver function test shows the same with the left paddle lighting up with a forward push of the SQ. I have only had one car with a sequential and it was the opposite with a push forward to shift up. Is it possible my shifter is wired backwards or do you guys say it is supposed to work this way? Am I doing something wrong?
    That's normal in all race cars and most sports cars, only some boring road cars have it the other way around where pushing forward is shifting up. 
    Keen to hear if any issues on the PS4.  I'm not game to update my PS4 DD1 again after updated to 345 and 5 hrs later had USB issues.  Not sure if the 345 FW was related to this and killed something, or if it was an EOL failure.

Following

We have no changes regarding PS4
  • Sensitifity is reading wrong in the Tuning Menu Driver Screen (but shown correctly in FanaLab and the Tuning Menu on the wheel). 1080° is shown as 2350°... 

You are using the internal 663 beta firmware which has an increased steering angle implemented I guess.
    What??? That exhists??? And it trully works?? How???
    edited September 2019

What??? That exhists??? And it trully works?? How???
    It's still in development and will come into public beta testing probably next month or so. Then you can choose up to 2500° of rotation for truck driving or so for example.
  • edited September 2019
    I transfer my request from the previous beta page:
    I have the base 2.5 with a Porsche 918 steering wheel and am very satisfied with it.
    The steering wheel I've bought new through a friend directly via Fanatec and I noticed too late that there was the engine version v22 installed. When I installed the drivers I overwrote the FW and the engine was clearly audible with the v18. The coilwine has been audible.
    Why is the FW 22 engine only available in the beta driver? I have no difference between the FW18 and the FW22 was taken. I do not know what exactly with Notchy meant. I now have the latest drivers on it and also notice no difference to those before. I would rather use an official driver. Will it soon be a new driver with a FW released the "problems" with the Base 2.5 fixes?
    I have the base 2.5 with a Porsche 918 steering wheel and am very satisfied with it.
    The steering wheel I've bought new through a friend directly via Fanatec and I noticed too late that there was the engine version v22 installed. When I installed the drivers I overwrote the FW and the engine was clearly audible with the v18. The coilwine has been audible.
    Why is the FW 22 engine only available in the beta driver? I have no difference between the FW18 and the FW22 was taken. I do not know what exactly with Notchy meant. I now have the latest drivers on it and also notice no difference to those before. I would rather use an official driver. Will it soon be a new driver with a FW released the "problems" with the Base 2.5 fixes?
    The newest public driver is 336, I'm not sure why it isn't on the product page of the CSW as well, maybe because it was not needed. It's on the product page of the APM because for that one it's needed. But anyway, just use a more recent driver between 340 and 346, they have V22 and you should not have any issues. Worst case you can always go back but there is no reason at all to fear or avoid beta drivers, most of the time they have some important improvements and if there would be critical deal breakers they would go offline quickly and replaced with another one. 
  • Since I have upgraded to V346 I experience the following issue using Rfactor 2 and the DD1: So far, I have usually used a force feedback strength of 45 in the tuning menu and an ingame multiplicator of 1.00. I have recently changed the setting and now use 100 in the tuning menu and a 0.45 multiplicator in Rfactor 2. Since the driver update (and a firmware update for the DD1 base as well) the base now shows me up to 20nm on the DD1 base display (in line with 100% in the tuning menu). However, given that the ingame multitplicator is set to 0.45 this should rather be below <10nm. It actually feels like 10nm, so I suspect the displayed value is incorrect. Has anyone experienced this as well? Would be nice to see the correct value to further fine-tune the force feedback.
  • edited September 2019
    Since I have upgraded to V346 I experience the following issue using Rfactor 2 and the DD1: So far, I have usually used a force feedback strength of 45 in the tuning menu and an ingame multiplicator of 1.00. I have recently changed the setting and now use 100 in the tuning menu and a 0.45 multiplicator in Rfactor 2. Since the driver update (and a firmware update for the DD1 base as well) the base now shows me up to 20nm on the DD1 base display (in line with 100% in the tuning menu). However, given that the ingame multitplicator is set to 0.45 this should rather be below <10nm. It actually feels like 10nm, so I suspect the displayed value is incorrect. Has anyone experienced this as well? Would be nice to see the correct value to further fine-tune the force feedback.</div>
    Its Going to be basically the same FFB Feel... The Difference 100% in Game with 50% on wheel VS 100% on wheel with 50% in Game the Feel is Identical but with 100% on wheel you hit 100% wheel power output/Nm Faster.... The differences can be felt Mostly in Cornering forces... With on wheel 100% any FFB forces sent to wheel will be × What ever the wheel base Max power is Ex: DD1 ??? × 20Nm vs When you set 100% in Game FFB forces sent to the wheel will be ×??? What ever you have your wheel base set to... EX DD1 @ 50% on wheel your adding 10Nm to what ever FFB signal the game sends.... This Topic is always Fiercely Debated... Some say 100% on wheel gives faster response time but that fact is Moot with Any wheel you add Damping/ Friction to... Ex with DD wheels you Need to add Damping to Control/Slowdown the wheel against Sudden Sharp/Harsh responses.... So Ex 100% on wheel FFB recommended NDP is 50 so at 50% on wheel FFB 25 NDP will be exactly the same....Bottom line is its Really about what you think gives you the best Feel...For Me I use My DD2 on wheel FFB between 35 and 50% and I change wheel profile depending on Car/Car Class or Game... This way I dont have to go in and outta Game Settings every time I Change car Classes... On average I hit 10 to 12Nm Max that's more than enough for Me.
  • edited September 2019
    The newest public driver is 336, I'm not sure why it isn't on the product page of the CSW as well, maybe because it was not needed. It's on the product page of the APM because for that one it's needed. But anyway, just use a more recent driver between 340 and 346, they have V22 and you should not have any issues. Worst case you can always go back but there is no reason at all to fear or avoid beta drivers, most of the time they have some important improvements and if there would be critical deal breakers they would go offline quickly and replaced with another one. 

Hello Marcel, thanks for your answer.
    Then everything is OK :) .
    Then I understand the less, why beta drivers can not be publicly downloaded.
    Can you pass that on?

• Since I have upgraded to V346 I experience the following issue using Rfactor 2 and the DD1: So far, I have usually used a force feedback strength of 45 in the tuning menu and an ingame multiplicator of 1.00. I have recently changed the setting and now use 100 in the tuning menu and a 0.45 multiplicator in Rfactor 2. Since the driver update (and a firmware update for the DD1 base as well) the base now shows me up to 20nm on the DD1 base display (in line with 100% in the tuning menu). However, given that the ingame multitplicator is set to 0.45 this should rather be below <10nm. It actually feels like 10nm, so I suspect the displayed value is incorrect. Has anyone experienced this as well? Would be nice to see the correct value to further fine-tune the force feedback.</div>
    Its Going to be basically the same FFB Feel... The Difference 100% in Game with 50% on wheel VS 100% on wheel with 50% in Game the Feel is Identical but with 100% on wheel you hit 100% wheel power output/Nm Faster.... The differences can be felt Mostly in Cornering forces... With on wheel 100% any FFB forces sent to wheel will be × What ever the wheel base Max power is Ex: DD1 ??? × 20Nm vs When you set 100% in Game FFB forces sent to the wheel will be ×??? What ever you have your wheel base set to... EX DD1 @ 50% on wheel your adding 10Nm to what ever FFB signal the game sends.... This Topic is always Fiercely Debated... Some say 100% on wheel gives faster response time but that fact is Moot with Any wheel you add Damping/ Friction to... Ex with DD wheels you Need to add Damping to Control/Slowdown the wheel against Sudden Sharp/Harsh responses.... So Ex 100% on wheel FFB recommended NDP is 50 so at 50% on wheel FFB 25 NDP will be exactly the same....Bottom line is its Really about what you think gives you the best Feel...For Me I use My DD2 on wheel FFB between 35 and 50% and I change wheel profile depending on Car/Car Class or Game... This way I dont have to go in and outta Game Settings every time I Change car Classes... On average I hit 10 to 12Nm Max that's more than enough for Me.

Thanks for your detailed answer. I am basically aware of that, was just wondering if the 5 sec max nm output figure is off since the last update, since 100% on the wheel and an ingame multi of 0.5x should not give me an max output of almost 20nm (if I am not mistaken).
  • edited September 2019
    It will Go 20Nm depending on how strong the Forces sent to the wheel are... Remember the wheel at 100% FFB adds 20Nm to any signal applied... So on a Strong bump or Fast Curve with Ex: a car with alot of Body Roll or High Down force/ High Grip Cars the game FFB can Spike and send out 1.0 signal or very close to it.... with the New Driver 346 From what I feel the FFB Nm Strength is still the same but more detailed.... The extra detail I feel is probably because i been using Dr 334... IMO The New Dr 346 is Much better.
  • edited September 2019
    Since I have upgraded to V346 I experience the following issue using Rfactor 2 and the DD1: So far, I have usually used a force feedback strength of 45 in the tuning menu and an ingame multiplicator of 1.00. I have recently changed the setting and now use 100 in the tuning menu and a 0.45 multiplicator in Rfactor 2. Since the driver update (and a firmware update for the DD1 base as well) the base now shows me up to 20nm on the DD1 base display (in line with 100% in the tuning menu). However, given that the ingame multitplicator is set to 0.45 this should rather be below <10nm. It actually feels like 10nm, so I suspect the displayed value is incorrect. Has anyone experienced this as well? Would be nice to see the correct value to further fine-tune the force feedback.</div>

Thanks for your detailed answer. I am basically aware of that, was just wondering if the 5 sec max nm output figure is off since the last update, since 100% on the wheel and an ingame multi of 0.5x should not give me an max output of almost 20nm (if I am not mistaken).
    A FF setting of 100 in the Base Tuning Menu enables the full range, so it is indeed possible to get 20Nm Peaks if your in Game FFB is high enough. A FF setting of just 50 in the Base Tuning Menu limits your motor maximum peak Torque output to 10Nm (in a DD1 as in your case) and if the in game FFB is set too high you can experience Clipping because you only have 50% of the available range enabled. So, if you do not want to ever feel 20Nm Peaks, you need to lower the the Base FF setting or the in game setting to a very low value but in that case you lose resolution of the FFB and there is still always the risk to get a 20Nm spike in a extreme situation like a crash etc (changing the in game FFB Gain from 100 to 30 for example means a reduction of the resolution from 10.000 steps to just 3.000 steps. However, question is, if you really feel the loss of resolution as some say yes and some say no...)
  • edited September 2019
    I Dunno Maurice I Agree to disagree... Think about it and Consider this... If I have 200MBPS internet speed but playing ACC online only uses 100MBPS I still have 100MBPS Head Room and My internet will Not Slowdown/Clip as long as I stay within My total Limit... Ok the the FFB is the same... Just because I don't use on wheel FFB 100% it doesn't decrease My wheels Head room which is a DD2 and 25Nm... so as long as I Don't Feed it signal that will cause it to try and Go above 25Nm there will be No Clipping Because the Hardware was designed to put out a Max of 25Nm ... Now ACC w/GM FFB 75 and on wheel 35% My Max Nm stays between 10 to 12 that's more than enough for Me and No Clipping.... But in any event I digress... there is No scientific data to support or discredit any 1 POV Pro or Con.... What matters is that we can customize the FFB to personal taste... And Im sure we can agree the New FW 346 is Really Nice... The Best To Date even =D> ... And No I'm Not Debating just expressing a Different POV as you did but that's How we Learn and Grow... Without Varying POV the world would be 1 color and boring, we would Never advance if all had the same thoughts and Ideas... So make No mistake I do appreciate your POV because it makes Me rethink My POV to find flaws.... That's How I/ We All Grow in Knowledge and understanding.
  • Anyone still getting the freezes when cycling modes on the Formula v2? This bug has been hanging out there since v335.
  • just wish you would call the file something easy like beta346  :-)

hope it fixes the very annoying "freezing"when youackowledge the message at startup...basically about 1 in 3 times you have to hit the emergency stop and reboot as the message on the lcd is just like ice.....frozen stiff
  • edited September 2019
    I Dunno Maurice I Agree to disagree... Think about it and Consider this... If I have 200MBPS internet speed but playing ACC online only uses 100MBPS I still have 100MBPS Head Room and My internet will Not Slowdown/Clip as long as I stay within My total Limit... Ok the the FFB is the same... Just because I don't use on wheel FFB 100% it doesn't decrease My wheels Head room which is a DD2 and 25Nm... so as long as I Don't Feed it signal that will cause it to try and Go above 25Nm there will be No Clipping Because the Hardware was designed to put out a Max of 25Nm ... Now ACC w/GM FFB 75 and on wheel 35% My Max Nm stays between 10 to 12 that's more than enough for Me and No Clipping.... But in any event I digress... there is No scientific data to support or discredit any 1 POV Pro or Con.... What matters is that we can customize the FFB to personal taste... And Im sure we can agree the New FW 346 is Really Nice... The Best To Date even =D> ... And No I'm Not Debating just expressing a Different POV as you did but that's How we Learn and Grow... Without Varying POV the world would be 1 color and boring, we would Never advance if all had the same thoughts and Ideas... So make No mistake I do appreciate your POV because it makes Me rethink My POV to find flaws.... That's How I/ We All Grow in Knowledge and understanding.
    As you can read on page 32 in the DD manual: "The Force Feedback defines the maximum strength of the motor when force feedback effects from software / games are sent to the Podium Wheel Base DD2. If FF is set to OFF, there will be no force feedback effect executed by the Podium Wheel Base DD2 motor. If FF is set to 001, the motor will execute only 1% of the maximum motor power. If FF is set to 100, the motor will execute 100% of the maximum motor power." So what does this mean?! On a DD2 it means FF100 = max. Peak Torque of 25Nm, FF75 = max. Peak Torque of 18,75Nm, FF50 = max. Peak Torque of 12,5Nm, FF25 = 6,25Nm and so on. In short: the FF setting in the Tuning Menu defines the max. Peak Torque your wheel base outputs (and that's for every base, on a CSW v2.5 this rule is the same, FF50 = max. Peak Torque output of around 4Nm for example). With the DD Bases and their OLED displays which show the Peak of the last 5 seconds you can easily verify this by yourself. Just try FF 50 and you will see that no matter what in Game Settings you use, your base is not outputting more than 12,5Nm (the display can show incorrect values though because there is no Torque meter inside the Base, it's all only calculation what's being shown on the display so maybe the display will show up to 14Nm Peaks but that's it, it's not possible to get the full range of 25Nm with a reduced FF Tuning Menu setting).
  • just wish you would call the file something easy like beta346  :-)

hope it fixes the very annoying "freezing"when youackowledge the message at startup...basically about 1 in 3 times you have to hit the emergency stop and reboot as the message on the lcd is just like ice.....frozen stiff
    That's a firmware issue and in this new driver there is no new firmware included so no, it's not fixed yet.
  • edited September 2019
    As you can read on page 32 in the DD manual: "The Force Feedback defines the maximum strength of the motor when force feedback effects from software / games are sent to the Podium Wheel Base DD2. If FF is set to OFF, there will be no force feedback effect executed by the Podium Wheel Base DD2 motor. If FF is set to 001, the motor will execute only 1% of the maximum motor power. If FF is set to 100, the motor will execute 100% of the maximum motor power." So what does this mean?! On a DD2 it means FF100 = max. Peak Torque of 25Nm, FF75 = max. Peak Torque of 18,75Nm, FF50 = max. Peak Torque of 12,5Nm, FF25 = 6,25Nm and so on. In short: the FF setting in the Tuning Menu defines the max. Peak Torque your wheel base outputs (and that's for every base, on a CSW v2.5 this rule is the same, FF50 = max. Peak Torque output of around 4Nm for example). With the DD Bases and their OLED displays which show the Peak of the last 5 seconds you can easily verify this by yourself. Just try FF 50 and you will see that no matter what in Game Settings you use, your base is not outputting more than 12,5Nm (the display can show incorrect values though because there is no Torque meter inside the Base, it's all only calculation what's being shown on the display so maybe the display will show up to 14Nm Peaks but that's it, it's not possible to get the full range of 25Nm with a reduced FF Tuning Menu setting).
    Yes this we agree on the Motor is Not putting out 100% of its potential 25Nm.... My point is that There Is No Clipping/Loss of FFB Signal or Fidelity... Its just choosing to use a Very Strong motor at a reduced strength that's comfortable.... as I mentioned I keep My Max Nm Limited to 10 -> 12 that's more than enough for Me... So that leaves the Question why buy a 25Nm wheel if I'm going to only use it at 1/2 strength 12.5Nm... Answer is because I could :-bd
  • edited September 2019
    Yes this we agree on the Motor is Not putting out 100% of its potential 25Nm.... My point is that There Is No Clipping/Loss of FFB Signal or Fidelity... Its just choosing to use a Very Strong motor at a reduced strength that's comfortable.... as I mentioned I keep My Max Nm Limited to 10 to 12 that's more than enough for Me... So that leaves the Question why buy a 25Nm wheel if I'm going to only use it at 1/2 strength 12.5Nm... Answer is because I could :-bd 

Funny Answer :D , but it´s true :)

This discussion has been closed.