Fanatec Beta Driver V347 for CSL, CSW (all wheels)

Comments

• Cliff MCliff M Member
    edited September 2019

Windows 10/64bit , Build 1903
    DD2 w/Universal Hub 
    Driver Version: 347
    Base FW Version: 664
    Motor FW 34

I initially had the reported notchy and vibration feeling from the wheeI. 
    However, things worked great for me after following Marcel's suggestions of lowering FEI to 70.
    Same issue as Christian on the brake rumble motor not working outside of the control panel.

• With all the reported issues, wouldn’t it be wise to just remove the driver from the forum and post a message that there have been too many issues? 

I mean, if I produce shoes with holes I will stop the sale...
  • Hello Marcel,
    I tested the engine FW 20 at the weekend. Where the flashing does not work properly. The flash software will not start automatically after the base is in flash mode. I have to start the software .exe manually. I think that it is due to windows 10 1903.

Anyway, I drove about 2-3 hours with the FW20 in ACC on Monza with the Porsche GT3 at the piece. At first I could not find any real difference to the FW22. I also did not have coilwine at the beginning. Nevertheless, I had the impression that everything ran a little rounder. When I made a break, I noticed in the quiet room again the clear coilwine. Very exhausting noise for my ears, really unpleasant.
    I then played the FW22 back on it and then immediately felt the difference. The FF effects are more noticeable. The peaks are stronger than the FW20. What notchy means in this context, I still can not explain to me. It is noticeably different and somehow I like the slightly coarser effects better.
    Is that still working on the engine FW? I think that you currently have enough to do with the DD Base systems.

Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSW Base 2.5
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Porsche 918
    Driver Version: 345
    Base FW Version: 662 + Motor 22 / 20
    Wheel FW Version: default

• @ Marcel
    CSW V2.5 Base : CSW_V2_5_Base_V664_rev1712_app (NEW) 

gives the new firmware also a changelog?

• With all the reported issues, wouldn’t it be wise to just remove the driver from the forum and post a message that there have been too many issues? 

I mean, if I produce shoes with holes I will stop the sale...
    This! There was a discussion in a previous thread about how long it was taking to produce a release-quality driver, and the response was something along the lines of "just use the betas; we do releases when we launch new products". If that's the intended strategy, then the betas need to be release quality themselves. Fix one thing, break another, repeat in next beta isn't a sustainable development model. Keep your release branch in a ready-to-ship state, use automated testing on every pull to catch bugs before they get merged, and limit work in progress to what can be done before the next release. When bugs inevitably slip through, add them to your unit and integration tests to avoid regressions. And keep your release cycle short, 2-4 weeks or so - when you ship release-quality software on a regular, short schedule, there's no need for a beta program.
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula F1 LE
    Wheel FW Version: 28

The steering angle is all messed up. Steering wheel tunning menu, fanalab and and basic profiler values are not in sync. Want to use 1080º, set them in the profiler but whenever I start a session in iracing, since fanalabs is on, the angle messes up completely. This needs to be adressed very quickly, it's a complete mess right now.
  • edited September 2019
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula F1 LE
    Wheel FW Version: 28

The steering angle is all messed up. Steering wheel tunning menu, fanalab and and basic profiler values are not in sync. Want to use 1080º, set them in the profiler but whenever I start a session in iracing, since fanalabs is on, the angle messes up completely. This needs to be adressed very quickly, it's a complete mess right now.
    Please see the known issues, it's listed that FanaLab can't handle the new maximum rotation of 2520 degrees yet. For use with FanaLab stay with driver 346 and Firmware 662 until a new FanaLab version is released. As you have a DD2 you should avoid this driver package anyway because of the other known issues with high FFB noise because of the new motor firmware.
  • Juan MendezJuan Mendez Member
    edited September 2019
    Allowed Firmware update to 662 on my DD2. Wheel no longer recognized by PC and "Fanatec Wheel Properties pag" or in Fanalab... Last Driver version I installed was 345 last week to support newer version of Fanalab beta ...

any advice to get unstuck?

Thanks

Fixed!!! 

Forcing a mode change to cyle through all modes and back to PC... suddenly it was recognized again. now have:
    Main 
    FW: 662
    HW: v16
    Motor
    FW: v30
    HW: v2
    ACV: v2
    WQR
    FW: v6
    HW: v0

Should I be concerned about needing a change or something else?

Thanks again.
  • edited September 2019
    Allowed Firmware update to 662 on my DD2. Wheel no longer recognized by PC and "Fanatec Wheel Properties pag" or in Fanalab... Last Driver version I installed was 345 last week to support newer version of Fanalab beta ...

Thanks
    Take the wheel rim Off... Restart the PC and wheel.... If wheel base is still Not recognized... No Need to Delete Driver... Open Drver package and Install the Driver again and when prompted select repair.... Restart PC and Wheel base with No Rim attached... This usually gets it working/ The Base Recognized for Me. Edit: IMO if you have PC Dr 346 working, Base FW 662, Motor FW 30 you have the best Driver and Wheel FW!!! Its Flawless... IMO its Bug/Glitch Free!!! its the best DR/FW in a Long Time!!!! Don't touch it [-X unless you are Very Familiar how to deal with the Head aches and issues that may arise from testing New DR/ FW
  • Allowed Firmware update to 662 on my DD2. Wheel no longer recognized by PC and "Fanatec Wheel Properties pag" or in Fanalab... Last Driver version I installed was 345 last week to support newer version of Fanalab beta ...

Thanks
    Take the wheel rim Off... Restart the PC and wheel.... If wheel base is still Not recognized... No Need to Delete Driver... Open Drver package and Install the Driver again and when prompted select repair.... Restart PC and Wheel base with No Rim attached... This usually gets it working/ The Base Recognized for Me.
    Thanks... fixed... see edited OP above

• edited September 2019
    IMO if you have PC Dr 346 working, DD2/DD1 Base FW 662, Motor FW 30 you have the best Driver and Wheel FW!!! Its Flawless... IMO its Bug/Glitch Free!!! its the best DR/FW in a Long Time!!!! Don't touch it  unless you are Very Familiar how to deal with the Head aches and issues that may arise from testing New DR/ FW
  • IMO if you have PC Dr 346 working, DD2/DD1 Base FW 662, Motor FW 30 you have the best Driver and Wheel FW!!! Its Flawless... IMO its Bug/Glitch Free!!! its the best DR/FW in a Long Time!!!! Don't touch it  unless you are Very Familiar how to deal with the Head aches and issues that may arise from testing New DR/ FW
    My PC has driver 345... Do you think I should update it to 346?

Thanks for your quick help and advice... much appreciated.
  • edited September 2019
    Yes I recommend PC Dr 346!!! 100% For Me its Flawless!!! No Bugs No Issues =D> .... And for the DD2 It Gives the Best FFB feel to date!!!
  • same for me with DD1... downgraded from 347 to 346 due coilwine
    now using 346 all is fine again
  • Agreed, from all Drivers for the DD 346 is the best yet. No bugs, great FFB and no unwanted noises etc. Nevertheless I will keep testing future beta drivers  ;)
  • With the CSL V1.1 my best feeling are with Dr 346 and Motor FW 18!
    I like so much how it feels!
  • Hi Duds,

Yesterday I installed the new beta and I have to say that the FFB effects are absolutely awesome. That feels very good. Also in connection with the engine firmware 22 absolutely great. Currently drive only ACC and there is the FFB really a dream. But again, when updating, I have to run the single .exe file from the Fanatec install folder separately. I am not logged in as a local admin. As I said, I do not know if it is a "feature" of Windows 10 1903. But so updating the firmware is a problem for people who have absolutely no plan.
    The installation was easy. Had no other problems.

Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSW base 2.5
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Porsche 918
    Driver Version: Old 345 -> New 347
    Base FW Version: Old 662/FW22 -> New 664/FW22
    Wheel FW Version: default
  • edited October 2019
    Unfortunately, I cannot update the DD1 wheel motor firmware as I get the following error notice: “Error: Connect device failed(Error: UartPeripheral() cannot open PC UART port(COM3), speed(19200 Hz).).” Any workaround for this?
    I have CSL Elite PS4 and I can completely agree you! especialy Motor v18. it gives the best feel between v20 and v22! 
    I have CSL Elite PS4 and I can completely agree you! especialy Motor v18. it gives the best feel between v20 and v22! 

So for CSL ELITE PS4 best motor behaviour is definitively the V18???   Confirmed??? And also with Driver Vers.nº346 (not this last one.. 347) ????
  • edited October 2019
    Seems Driver 347 opinions are Split.... For DD bases IMO its a No Go based on My Own test and other post about it... My conclusion is for DD2/DD1 346 is best...

I had a Sim Racer Friend over he has a CSW v2 and He Loves it and says it gives the best Feel to date.... Also read a Few comments from v2 and v2.5 owners that say it works really well for them.

Conclusion: it seems Dr 347 performance and issues varies depending on wheel base.... It would be Good if more CSL wheel users post their findings about Dr 347....
  • Seems Driver 347 opinions are Split.... For DD bases IMO its a No Go based on My Own test and other post about it... My conclusion is for DD2/DD1 346 is best...

I had a Sim Racer Friend over he has a CSW v2 and He Loves it and says it gives the best Feel to date.... Also read a Few comments from v2 and v2.5 owners that say it works really well for them.

Conclusion: it seems Dr 347 performance and issues varies depending on wheel base.... It would be Good if more CSL wheel users post their findings about Dr 347....
    I guess I´l have to try it... I´m postponing it, since with a previous update (now I cant ememeber which) I started having several problems like the Wheel after several minutes (probably one  hour or less) having no response.. also with problem with shifting (mainly downshifting), and also on PC2 when trying to edit the cars setup, the cursor would move without having human input... (CSL ELITE PS4 with the original Rim)
  • Wheel just turned off? This has never happened before.

System: Fresh install - Windows 10 64-bit build 1903 (all updates 01/10/2019)

Wheel Base Model (product ID): FANATEC CSL Elite Wheel Base PlayStation 4
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): P1
    Driver Version: v346
    Base FW Version: v664
    Wheel FW Version: n/a
    Motor FW Version: v22

First time trying out the new Base FW v664 with driver v346 and Motor FW v22.  After 20 minutes racing on Assetto Corsa the wheel just turned off.  All lights went out.  Trying to turn it back on only the first 3 yellow lights came on and the power light/mode light was slowly flashing red.

After a full power cycle of the Wheel (kept the PC on) I flashed the Motor to FW v18.  Has another 30 minute race and all worked well.

Only thing I changed was the Motor FW - all seems okay now.

additional note. the Motor FW v18 is so much better than v20 and v22 for wheel feedback and responsiveness (I have been using v20 since it came out in this beta forum, I have done several hundred hours with it and I feel v18 gives much better feedback).

Now using:
    Motor FW Version: v18

Hope this helps.

First time trying out the new Base FW v664 with driver v346 and Motor FW v22.  After 20 minutes racing on Assetto Corsa the wheel just turned off.  All lights went out.  Trying to turn it back on only the first 3 yellow lights came on and the power light/mode light was slowly flashing red.

After a full power cycle of the Wheel (kept the PC on) I flashed the Motor to FW v18.  Has another 30 minute race and all worked well.

additional note. the Motor FW v18 is so much better than v20 and v22 for wheel feedback and responsiveness (I have been using v20 since it came out in this beta forum, I have done several hundred hours with it and I feel v18 gives much better feedback).

Now using:

Hope this helps.

Are you using a USB hub perhaps?

I ask because I had a Sitecom USB hub and somehow this thing just caused all sorts of weird stuff to happen. From wheel shutdowns and restarts to the clubsport pedals whilst on USB starting to flicker (as if you have a broken load cell or sensor).

Now using:

Hope this helps.

Are you using a USB hub perhaps?

I ask because I had a Sitecom USB hub and somehow this thing just caused all sorts of weird stuff to happen. From wheel shutdowns and restarts to the clubsport pedals whilst on USB starting to flicker (as if you have a broken load cell or sensor).
    Thanks for the reply but sadly this would not have solved it, it is plugged straight in to the back panel of the motherboard USB3.0, the port could be failing but as I mentioned the only thing different from hundreds of hours of racing is the Motor Firmware.  I have gone back to motor v18 and so far after 90 minutes of racing over two session all is well.  With v22 I only managed 20 minutes before it shutdown.

Interesting point if others are experiencing issues and have not considered this :-)

• Tamás KlemTamás Klem Member
    edited October 2019
    Hello!

Wheel Base: DD1
    Steering Wheel:Formula V2
    Base FW Version: v662
    Wheel FW Version: 27
    Motor FW Version: v30

I can't upgrade Formula V2 firmware from v27 to v28.
    The update window does not appear. I tried with 336, 346 drivers but it doesn't work.

Help please!
  • Hello!

Wheel Base: DD1
    Steering Wheel:Formula V2
    Base FW Version: v662
    Wheel FW Version: 27
    Motor FW Version: v30

I can't upgrade Formula V2 firmware from v27 to v28.
    The update window does not appear. I tried with 336, 346 drivers but it doesn't work.

Help please!
    I had a similar problem... Couldn't find the fault, but I had to do a clean install of windows for other reasons, and after that I could do the firmware update, only thing I remember was at that time there was an update of windows, don't know if the update messed up something with USB ports... Try in another computer if you can...
    edited October 2019

Thanks for your response. DD1 Base firmware update is working, Formula V2 firmware update is not working. Was that your problem?

• edited October 2019
    Yes it was... I could update the base but not the wheel... Very strange I know, the fact is that after clean install it worked... In my case is a DD2 but also a FV2
    edited October 2019

Then I will reinstall the windows tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.