V3 brake pedal issue

Wandering if anyone can help me here..my brake pedal on v3 has suddenly stopped working , I got a new loadcell a couple of months after buying them because the brake was sticking on, but now the brake has just stopped working! Does this mean the loadcell is broke again? It is not recognised on the pc driver on pc, the accelater and clutch works. Any help on how to rule out the loadcell would be nice, I have already contacted fanatec about this, but unknown how long it takes to get back to you!

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    One option to try before I suggest calling support would be to first verify load cell cable is properly connected and not damaged. If that is ok, I would remove the brake pedal bolt and clean the inside along with PU foams,etc and apply a bit of silicone lube. ( I had this happen awhile back where the brake randomly not being recognized. After cleaning it was fine)

If those steps do not resolve the issue, please contact the support team.
  • What do you mean brake pedal bolt?
    The metal bar inside the brake tension adjustment. See page 23 of the CSP V3 Manual to remove or see video link below.

• Just looked at the video, just basically telling you how to insert the performance kit and how to release the bolt, I don't see how realising the bolt would make any difference on picking up the brake pedal ..I have took my performance kit out and to check there ok, which they are. Could you explain how this would make any difference on taking the rod out and back in.
    About a year ago I had an issue with the brake being erratic and not registering. On a whim I took the rod out and there was quite a bit of particles inside. Once I cleaned it out everything worked fine. Just a suggestion to try but it looks like your best bet is to contact support.
  • Yeah I appreciate your help , I will give it a try any way, Iam still waiting on a reply from fanatec, that's been 3 days now