DD1 not recognised by PC

Hi.  I have had my DD1 since August and it has been working perfectly since then.  I was using it this morning, turned it off and came back to it this afternoon, at which point the PC no longer recognises it.  There is nothing on the PC Controllers.  The OLED display indicated the USB is connected and I have swapped it with a spare RJ12 cable and it is not that.  (the cable works perfectly on the pedals)  

I have tried reinstalling the driver which has made no difference.  I cannot update firmware as the unit does not connect to the PC.  My suspicion is there is a fault inside the DD1 itself, however before I open up a case with Fanatec, has anybody got any other ideas as to what it may be?

Comments

• right, so mine has been doin something along the lines as a couple of user has described . so while playing its fine, turning it off and coming back to it, its unresponsive. its done it a few times and catches me out when it does as its not a frequent bug or whatever. so im on ps4, i turn it on and its unresponsive like described. scary yeah, then i noticed on the oled that it had mysteriously switched operating modes from ps4 to pc. im sure you have checked this as you had referenced the usb icon in the oled, but i also thought i had that covered and felt quite silly when i noticed. so maybe when powered on try to cycle the operating modes to see if it reestablishes communication with whatever it is try to?
  • Thanks for the response, I think I have worked out the problem with mine, although the USB registers on the OLED display, it does not on the PC.  If I wiggle the USB cable around at the DD1 side, it does, however I have to hold it in a certain position to do so, it appears as though the connection is now too loose to be reliable.  It looks like it will have to go back. I did check the operating mode and it all appeared fine on the unit. 

• What seams to happen?
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited October 2019
    bummer, so its the usb port on your pc/console, maybe time to replace or upgrade them ports . Good luck to you brother! As for mine, after a session (2xs now ) i have come back to find it has switched from ps4 to pc mode. also sometimes on start up it spins the rim rapidly and continuously with high fan rrpm till i shut it off (if the button responds) or unplug it,
  • Yeah, it defintiely appears to be that, it does seem to be a little loose when i wiggle the cable.  Mine does sound like a simple repair, just a little disappointing when it is only 2 months old. I hope you get yours sorted. 
  • Yeah, it defintiely appears to be that, it does seem to be a little loose when i wiggle the cable.  Mine does sound like a simple repair, just a little disappointing when it is only 2 months old. I hope you get yours sorted. 
    im running it till it lets the factory smoke out or they recall it!
    im running it till it lets the factory smoke out or they recall it!