FanaLab 1.12 available - Post feedback here!

Comments

• Gene MohrGene Mohr Member
    edited October 2019
    Will this help at all with the LOUD noisy fans/coil whine?
  • Gene Mohr said:
    I would love to try this but according to the web page for FanaLab it says it is Out of Stock....
    I thought this was a software download....
    Go to the download tab of the Webshop page, you can find the download and the correct driver there. It's a limitation of the Webshop that it shows out of stock....
  • Hi Maurice

I've imported the profiles ... th rev lights dont seem to be working as intended though - I can see that every LED slider is set to 100%, so they are either on or off. Seems to be the same for all profiles ....

Any thoughts on what I can do here?

Cheerrs
  • Also - even with UDP Send set to 10hz there is a big delay with the rev LEDs. 

If the in game Fanatec LEDs is on the reaction is instant, but not the excellent colour support as per your profiles.

I am on PC driver 346, WB firmware 662, WB motor firmware 22 and steering wheel firmware 28
  • Also - even with UDP Send set to 10hz there is a big delay with the rev LEDs. 

If the in game Fanatec LEDs is on the reaction is instant, but not the excellent colour support as per your profiles.

I am on PC driver 346, WB firmware 662, WB motor firmware 22 and steering wheel firmware 28
    You need to set the Fanatec Leds in Game to OFF! Otherwise you get both the FanaLab leds and the native in game leds which interfere with each other... Regarding the 100% for the Rpm leds... That's an issue I have read but can't reproduce. And no one else of internal testers can replicate that. Must be a special issue on your local machine somehow. Anyway, you can find the correct values in the pws files. You just need to open the file with notepad and edit the values in FanaLab, and then save the profile again. Next time you load the profile the leds are correct.
  • Alrighty! 

Fanatec LEDs in game is off, and now that I manually edited the rev LED % there is no delay.  I cant seem to fine tune it as much as the values (eg 82.88 goes to 82.50).Not sure if I need to manually edit anything else? l maybe have to wait for later version to get the profile import workng 100% without maunal edit.

The flag LED's seem to work fine out of the box, and rev with manuial edits - what about other items like throttle vibration on rev limiter, etc?

• why do you have to install FanaLab since Beta 1.12 in drive C: to make it work? Beta 1.08 could still be installed on another drive.
  • edited October 2019
    why do you have to install FanaLab since Beta 1.12 in drive C: to make it work? Beta 1.08 could still be installed on another drive.
    Because there was a driver detection implemented with 1.12 which seems to only work correctly if both the driver and FanaLab are installed in their default locations.
  • why do you have to install FanaLab since Beta 1.12 in drive C: to make it work? Beta 1.08 could still be installed on another drive.
    Because there was a driver detection implemented with 1.12 which seems to only work correctly if both the driver and FanaLab are installed in their default locations.

will this be taken out again or are there good reasons why this is so. many do not want to install programs on the C: drive

will this be taken out again or are there good reasons why this is so. many do not want to install programs on the C: drive
    We will see. This is exactly why FanaLab is still in beta to find those small things... ;)
  • Is there a way to download Fanalb 1.08 until the issue is sorted out? I looked but couldn’t find it.
  • Is there a way to download Fanalb 1.08 until the issue is sorted out? I looked but couldn’t find it.
    no, you have to use v1.12. But, which issue do you mean?`The download location? Just install it on your C drive for now, it wont hurt the performance or space of your hard drive.
  • Nice work guys.

I like the new leds settings(Red/Green/White flags).
    However, the tracking loss/ABS leds are no working.

DD1 with Clubsport F1 2019. Using with Iracing,.
    Last Drivers/firmware.
    iRacing does not support anything other than Pitlane and Flag FlagLEDs so its not possible to get ABS, TC, Wheel Spin or Wheel Lock FlagLEDs or vibrations working in that game because iRacing is not having those data in their telemetry. Hover over the settings with your mouse and you will see that its not supported by the game - nothing FanaLab can do here.

Thank you Maurice.

• George LynnGeorge Lynn Member
    edited October 2019
    Is there a way to download Fanalb 1.08 until the issue is sorted out? I looked but couldn’t find it.
    no, you have to use v1.12. But, which issue do you mean?`The download location? Just install it on your C drive for now, it wont hurt the performance or space of your hard drive.

Just to let you know: I installed everything on C:, but I still have the error message stated above (install driver package first).
    So I went back to 1.08 and that works (btw, regardless where I install this version)

Just to let you know: I installed everything on C:, but I still have the error message stated above (install driver package first).
    So I went back to 1.08 and that works (btw, regardless where I install this version)
    Did you also installed the driver (at least v345) and FanaLab not only on C but also in their default locations, so without changing the path at all? That was my guess at least because it worked for everyone else and you seem to be the only one where installing both in their default locations isn't working... 1.08 is btw working fine because it had no driver detection implemented, that's new with 1.12 so of course 1.08 works fine ;)
  • Hi Maurice,
    yes, I did not change the default installation path.
    But I need you help for the Fanatec standard driver: isn´t it the the 345 version (which is use) is installed automatically on the PC?
    To be honest, I am not 100% sure where the driver is located. I think the system did not ask for an installation path.
    Where can I find this out?

P.S: earlier in the Forum there were 2 more guys who have the same problem.
  • Hi Maurice,
    yes, I did not change the default installation path.
    But I need you help for the Fanatec standard driver: isn´t it the the 345 version (which is use) is installed automatically on the PC?
    To be honest, I am not 100% sure where the driver is located. I think the system did not ask for an installation path.
    Where can I find this out?

P.S: earlier in the Forum there were 2 more guys who have the same problem.
    The Fanatec Driver is never installed automatically, you have to do this yourself by downloading the driver and install it manually. Open your system control, open programs and search for Fanatec. Then Uninstall what you eventually have installed and manually install the 345 or 346 driver manually in the default path. From what other people reported this solves the FanaLab driver detection problem..
  • Hello!

If I run Fanalab then the Host mode of rFactor 2 does not work!
  • David TaylorDavid Taylor Member
    edited October 2019
    Hello,

Firstly, congratulations on v1.12! I can now use Fanalab properly on all my games that are supported - I use mph and I can use in conjunction with Simhub. Flag LEDs work properly in F1 2019 and in Assetto corsa and Project cars 2 too (where appropriate). I'm really enjoying the new version.

Now my question: I purchased Grid 2019 yesterday and I only get gear indication on my F1 V2 and BMW GT2 rims (CSW Wheelbase), an update to simhub allows speed, laptimes, gaps etc to be displayed, so this information is being sent by the game. Will Grid be included in the next update to the software or is there a way to display speed on the wheel if not?

Thanks for any help you can give.
  • Can you guys please build in some auto updater to this app so we don't have to check the forums all the time?
  • Okay, dumb question here, how do I get fanalab working in rf2?'is there something I have to do with a plugin? I cannot get the rev leds or the telemetry data to work in game.
  • edited October 2019
    in the profile section you have to click "Enable telemetry" and "enable leds"
    the first should copy a plugin dll to the rFactor 2 plugins folder, the second will edit your controller settings to enable the leds if I am not mistaken
  • in the profile section you have to click "Enable telemetry" and "enable leds"
    the first should copy a plugin dll to the rFactor 2 plugins folder, the second will edit your controller settings to enable the leds if I am not mistaken
    Okay, thanks for that, will try it tomorrow night, cheers.
  • This fanalab software is great stuff. Thanks to your help all appears to be working now. It is startling how quickly I have become dependent on its feature set. That is a strong statement for the value of this software. Thank you for allowing us access to the beta. This significantly improves the ability to tune the Fanatec ecosystem, and enhances the value of your products.
  • Hi guys, just wondering if someone could tell me the location of the .pws files? Thanks.
  • Any chance we are going to see an option to remap button in Fanalab, as an example to have the top left button of various steering wheels to be the 'button 10' so I can use different wheels for the same car in Iracing, me being lazy and not wanting to set up individual button maps, and not wanting to switch wheels for some cars when racing them back to back.

• Any chance we are going to see an option to remap button in Fanalab, as an example to have the top left button of various steering wheels to be the 'button 10' so I can use different wheels for the same car in Iracing, me being lazy and not wanting to set up individual button maps, and not wanting to switch wheels for some cars when racing them back to back.

Would be very nice to have that in Tuning Menu as an option (like the use of the rotary switches), especially since the change of the McLaren wheel and the lack of L2 and R2 on consoles. It is really a mess to always switch wheels or use the controller to invite people into your lobby at PC2 on Playstation 4. (I´m switching to a new PC at the moment but will still race on PS4 as well as all my real life friends are using PS4s)
  • Just an FYI Post

I spent a week trying to work out why my Monitors wouldn't go to sleep when i leave my rig.

powercfg showed nothing. tried new graphics drivers etc. etc.

started looking at every app i have open and turn them all off one by one.... turns out Fanalab stops your monitor sleeping! Have to exit it eim im done racing.

Would be nice if this could be fixed so it can just be left minimised all the time on my sim rig. 

Cheers 
  • My monitor goes to sleep with fanalab running...
  • Hi Maurice, gents and racing comrades,

this is to let you know that your advice worked for me. Reinstalled all on default path and Fanalab 1.12 works as intended.
    This is awesome!
    Finally happy now!
    :)
This discussion has been closed.