DD1 giving false FFB jerking on straights in iRacing

First: Data information

Windows 10
Driver 345
Wheel base firmware: 662
Wheel base motor: 30
Steering wheel firmware: 28

Here is the video below, and in the first part yes my wheel is bent but that has nothing to do with why this is happening. You will notice that in the first part of the video my wheel shakes back and forth violently and that is because the jerk in FFB was so hard I let go, thankfully this was after the start/finish on last lap in race. It's been happening a lot, as long as I can recall actually but lately it's been happening more often. Not sure the factor that's making it happen more often but I have also been racing a lot more lately too so many it's just due to more seat time.

This happens on turns some times too but usually I just chalk it up to maybe some data from the track on that turn. However on straights when it happens I know for certain it has something to do with the DD1 hardware or firmware. My question is this a firmware issue or a hardware issue?

Video: 

Pay attention to the wheel on the straights. The first incident happens at 6 seconds in the video, the second one happens at 17 seconds.

Comments

• Do you have FanaLab installed and running or is this happening without FanaLab?
  • Chad HermannChad Hermann Member
    edited October 2019
    Both actually. I was not using Fanalabs much but over the last few days I started using it a lot more. This has happened before using Fanalabs.

I started recently using Fanalabs more because someone posted up a bunch of profiles for each car in iRacing and some other sims so I started using them. Which I have to say he did a great job on. However like I said this happened with and without Fanalabs.

The profiles are for DD2 wheels but I use them as I believe they work jut fine, I just alter the settings a little.
  • Both actually. I was not using Fanalabs much but over the last few days I started using it a lot more. This has happened before using Fanalabs.

I started recently using Fanalabs more because someone posted up a bunch of profiles for each car in iRacing and some other sims so I started using them. Which I have to say he did a great job on. However like I said this happened with and without Fanalabs.

The profiles are for DD2 wheels but I use them as I believe they work jut fine, I just alter the settings a little.
    The "someone" who posted the FanaLab profiles for each car was me ;) Thanks, glad you like them. In the meantime I made them even better, but that's something I will upload when a new public beta version is released ^^ Regarding the "jerking" or as I call it "Jolts" it's interesting to see its happening without FanaLab. Can you remember when this started? Did it maybe started with a specific driver/firmware or did you had this issue since the very beginning? Do you have this only in iRacing or also in other games?
  • This happend to me , not always but sometimes , but the "jolt" doesnt move my wheel, just feel it inside and scare me a lot. Same driver and settings like you.

In the fanatec group in facebook there is people complaining with recent firmwares too.

I hope is software related.
  • This happend to me , not always but sometimes , but the "jolt" doesnt move my wheel, just feel it inside and scare me a lot. Same driver and settings like you.

In the fanatec group in facebook there is people complaining with recent firmwares too.

I hope is software related.
    Did it happened to you before using the driver 345 you seem to have installed? Do you run FanaLab?
  • Yes happened before and after i remember using it without fanalab when i pursached DD1 and hapepened me at Brands Hatch circuit.

Last days happened me, a lot less to be honest on Belle Isle, some days dont happen, other days happens twice.
  • In my case is exactly what the video shows in sec 14. 
  • Does is happen only in iRacing or also other games?
  • Does is happen only in iRacing or also other games?
    I only play iRacing. Do you think is hardware related? Should we make a RMA  ticket for this?
  • edited October 2019
    Does is happen only in iRacing or also other games?
    I only play iRacing. Do you think is hardware related? Should we make a RMA  ticket for this?
    No, I am very sure it's not hardware related but driver or firmware related.. Or just a game issue. Needs further investigation but you don't have to open a RMA case ;)
  • Thank you for looking into this please get us updated if you have any info. 
  • Chad HermannChad Hermann Member
    edited October 2019
    Hello, sorry for the delay (I'm over here in the USA). I cannot tell you exactly when it started happening as per driver being used but I would say it's been happening only in the last month or so. Again I've had a lot more seat time lately so maybe that is why I noticed it more.

If I was to give you a guess I would say it started with 345. I have not moved into 347 as I heard that isn't working well with DD's.

I can't say it happens in other sims because I really don't play any other sims and if I do it's usually only a few minutes before I go back to iRacing. I'm a iRacing snob LOL :)

Yes, very nice work with the profiles Maurice. I love the small details with LEDs too.

I would be willing to rollback drivers and not use Fanalabs to see if it related but the problem is so very intermittent that it's hard to reproduce. For example I did 6 races at Road America in the F3 last week and it probably happened 3 or 4 times over those 6 races (with practice that was probably 150-200 laps).
  • I’ve had this happen a few times in iracing, first time must’ve been a couple months ago. Not using fanalab. Feels like the wheel goes full torque right for a fraction of a second. Also happened once in dirt rally, quite a while ago (maybe 3 months? With an older driver). Hasn’t happened in any other games and doesn’t appear to be related to a particular driver. Doesn’t happen very often for me, maybe once every 20+ hours of driving.
  • It happened to me again tonight in a race at Bathurst, F3.
  • Happened to me again yesterday at bathurst Ferrari Fixed with 346. 
  • I am very worried now, 4 times in a race one of them almost took me out because of the jolt.

Im starting to think its a bit more than just "software related" because i dont see many people complaining about this and only a few.

I would like to know if people at fanatec experienced this issue....
  • Daniel HaynesDaniel Haynes Member
    edited October 2019
    I’ve also had it a couple of times that took me by surprise... Dd1 f1 using FanaLab. Last time was a couple of times in the skippie at road Atlanta this week. Like you say it’s like a full torque bang down the straight for a split second. However I had a similar thing on my old tspc racer at road Atlanta in the f3... that track has a known land mine that needs patching in the final corner. The skippie instances was in a different place however. Also had it a few times in rallycross Daytona. Can’t reproduce it though as it happens maybe once in an whole evening of driving. Sure it’s a software thing.
  • I have the same issue happens with and without fanalab, happens very rarely but is very annoying and surprising...
    To me it only happens once or twice a day.
  • Any updates here? I’m a new dd1 user and am using Maurice’s profile for the fr3.5 and have had this happen (single jolt left or right can’t recall which direction) on rare occasion.

• Hmmm, well I’m up to date I think but will double check