Has anyone played WRC 8 with the F1 wheel?

I have the F1 podium wheel and I just purchased WRC 8. Has anyone played this game with this or any other F1 wheel? I know it’s not necessarily recommended, but I didn’t want to just jump in and buy another wheel just yet. When I do purchase another one, what wheel would you guys recommend for the DD1? Thanks!

Comments

• I don't have WRC 8 (as it doesn't have VR support) - But I have been using Dirt Rally 2.0.

I also have the podium F1 but i didn't even try to rally with that wheel, its way too small and you need allot of lock . I picked up the BMW rim and its brilliant in dirt rally in VR. supper immersive. 

I think people complain about the heavy weight of the bmw rim on smaller bases.. but on the podium its perfect... it obviously has plenty of power to turn the big rim. Super impressed with the quailty of it too. 
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    I swap back and forth between Clubsport Formula V2 and GT Wheel w/ UHX depending on the track/car combo. They both feel great, though for true immersion it’s best to stick with the GT or round wheels. The new Porsche Podium wheel is coming soon which is one I’ll pick up for sure.
  • I'm poor, I play dirt rally with a dd1 for ps4. it's an awful experience that can be watched on my twitch, which is also where i learned wr8 looks terrible and the only way it will make in my console is if someone else is buying.
  • I'm poor, I play dirt rally with a dd1 for ps4. it's an awful experience that can be watched on my twitch, which is also where i learned wr8 looks terrible and the only way it will make in my console is if someone else is buying.
    Dirt rally isn’t fun? Both dirt rally and WRC 8 look fun. F1 2019 is literally the only game I own, so I bought WRC 8. I don’t play many games obviously but I like the driving ones
  • I swap back and forth between Clubsport Formula V2 and GT Wheel w/ UHX depending on the track/car combo. They both feel great, though for true immersion it’s best to stick with the GT or round wheels. The new Porsche Podium wheel is coming soon which is one I’ll pick up for sure.
    So the V2 works ok though? I was thinking about just using my F1 wheel until I decided if I really want to fork out another $400 for another wheel
    Dirt rally isn’t fun? Both dirt rally and WRC 8 look fun. F1 2019 is literally the only game I own, so I bought WRC 8. I don’t play many games obviously but I like the driving ones
    no, no, i must of misspoken. i love dirt rally 2.0 and using the f1 wheel is just more challenging and what shape wheel i use rarely will dictate what titles i play. sorry if that's how it reads. i will do any titles with the f1 and have, wreckfest, spintires mudrunner, gt sport and so on. i even tried centering the f1 upside down for wreckfest, but it felt wrong?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Yes it works perfectly fine and I actually have the PAPM and map the Handbrake to the lower paddle module. One advantage I like with the Formula wheel is on tighter tracks like NZ you can take the corners with less rotation.

p.s @Aaron is that a sarcastic remark Poor and DD1? 
    ;)
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes it works perfectly fine and I actually have the PAPM and map the Handbrake to the lower paddle module. One advantage I like with the Formula wheel is on tighter tracks like NZ you can take the corners with less rotation.

p.s @Aaron is that a sarcastic remark Poor and DD1? 
    ;)
    no, im pretty poor. i watched 18 months of press coverage at the plasma/ sperm bank to make my podium dreams a reality. the 2nd place was easier to manage than the 1st. thats sarcasm!
  • yo, Dom or anybody watching this? fearless fanatec testers, are you out there? Fanatec, you even have a sales guy with your product playing this title, how about some settings already? I don't feel putting this wrist breaker(dd1) on any title without a baseline setting as its probably not safe. Need a Wreckfest setting as well, al of the sudden i cant get the steering angle to jive with the game in cockpit view i patiently await settings from fanatec proper.
  • yo, Dom or anybody watching this? fearless fanatec testers, are you out there? Fanatec, you even have a sales guy with your product playing this title, how about some settings already? I don't feel putting this wrist breaker(dd1) on any title without a baseline setting as its probably not safe. Need a Wreckfest setting as well, al of the sudden i cant get the steering angle to jive with the game in cockpit view i patiently await settings from fanatec proper.
    nevermind, sent it back
  • I bought the dd1 f1 ps4 bundle... i love dirt rally tho So i bought the only in stock semi round wheel at the time... r300 podium... its functional for 95% of the game and buttons can be remapped. Flat bottom wheel probably better for gt racing but my subaru has a flat bottom wheel in real life so im ok with it. The bmw wheel looks great too... If it was in stock at the time id probably have opted for that first... also has a bigger diameter. I think you can probably just get the ps4 clubsport porsche Wheel when its in stock and save $. Any round wheel will feel good on a podium... its rock solid.