FanaLab 1.12 available - Post feedback here!

Comments

• Some config sharing system like the Steam Controller one, with ability to upvote the best ones, would be even better.
  • Andrew WilsonAndrew Wilson Member
    edited October 2019
    I have very basic CSL Elite with P1 wheel and Fanalab works great with ACC. Finally can have the rev strip on the wheelbase working in a Kunos sim! 

Am I able to report bugs(?) here? If so...

The couple of problems I am having is the rev strip on the CSL Elite is 3xyellow+3xred+3xblue. These should turn on as revs increase. However, when the first threshold is met for LED1 both yellow and red leds turn on. When threshold for LED2 is met the the 3xyellow LEDs turn off. Finally, when threshold for LED3 is met then only the 3xblue leds are lit. I expected that the sequence would be - 3xyellow then add next 3xred then add next 3xblue. When at max revs all leds should be lit and then finally all leds would flash.

This is really messy to type and describe so I hope what I wrote above is clear enough?
  • One more thing. Once a race is finished in ACC the revstrip is left with the 3xyellow+3xred leds turned on. As well the steering wheel LED is left truned on with Yellow colour. I think they should all be tuirned off at the end of the race or at least when you exit the game.
  • Wheel Base: DD1
    Driver: 346
    Wheel Base FW: 664
    Motor FW: 34
    Fanalab: 1.12

I am liking the Fanalab software however there is one very annoying issue. Because the new Driver adds extra wheel rotation when you load a profile in fanalab you then need to adjust the SEN on the wheel itself for the DD wheels to what you set it at in fanalab. Now this wouldn't be so bad except I have to completely close out of fanalab to make the adjustment on the wheel because if you don't you cant get all the way down to 900 with out it jumping back to max.  is there a fix or are we just working with this until a new Fanalab\Driver is released?
  • Wheel Base: DD1
    Driver: 346
    Wheel Base FW: 664
    Motor FW: 34
    Fanalab: 1.12

I am liking the Fanalab software however there is one very annoying issue. Because the new Driver adds extra wheel rotation when you load a profile in fanalab you then need to adjust the SEN on the wheel itself for the DD wheels to what you set it at in fanalab. Now this wouldn't be so bad except I have to completely close out of fanalab to make the adjustment on the wheel because if you don't you cant get all the way down to 900 with out it jumping back to max.  is there a fix or are we just working with this until a new Fanalab\Driver is released?
    As you can read in the first post of this thread and in the first post of driver 347: that's a known issue with the current FanaLab version and will be fixed with the next version. For now, it's better to stay with driver 346 and firmware 662 if you wanna use FanaLab.
  • Can you confirm this is (346) for Non DD as well?
  • Hey guys, I have fanalab automatically launching when my desktop loads up and I have tried to turn this off in fanalab but each time I close fanalab and then reopen it the automatically launch selection is turned back on. How do I turn this off? Cheers
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    I have very basic CSL Elite with P1 wheel and Fanalab works great with ACC. Finally can have the rev strip on the wheelbase working in a Kunos sim! 

Am I able to report bugs(?) here? If so...

The couple of problems I am having is the rev strip on the CSL Elite is 3xyellow+3xred+3xblue. These should turn on as revs increase. However, when the first threshold is met for LED1 both yellow and red leds turn on. When threshold for LED2 is met the the 3xyellow LEDs turn off. Finally, when threshold for LED3 is met then only the 3xblue leds are lit. I expected that the sequence would be - 3xyellow then add next 3xred then add next 3xblue. When at max revs all leds should be lit and then finally all leds would flash.

This is really messy to type and describe so I hope what I wrote above is clear enough?
    Thanks for the report, I could reproduce this and forwarded it to our developers.
    Hey guys, I have fanalab automatically launching when my desktop loads up and I have tried to turn this off in fanalab but each time I close fanalab and then reopen it the automatically launch selection is turned back on. How do I turn this off? Cheers
    When installing FanaLab you also get asked, try to un check the box there and see if it helps. On my side I could enable and disable this function and it was saved also when restarting FanaLab. 
  • a
    Hey guys, I have fanalab automatically launching when my desktop loads up and I have tried to turn this off in fanalab but each time I close fanalab and then reopen it the automatically launch selection is turned back on. How do I turn this off? Cheers
    When installing FanaLab you also get asked, try to un check the box there and see if it helps. On my side I could enable and disable this function and it was saved also when restarting FanaLab. 
    Try CTRL ALT DEL to start Task Manager,  select Start Up tab, scroll down to Fanalab and highlight then press disable
  • I got everything set up and it seems to be working properly on f1 2019, except I can’t get brake vibration to work. I look in the tuning menu preview and vibration preview in the “Tuning Menu Preview” from within Game Profile and they all say “unavailable” any idea why?
  • I’m also seeing a “telemetry is uninitialized!” at the bottom left corner of fanalab when launching F1 2019 from fanalab. Anyone know why? Do I need to have ‘telemetry broadcast’ turned on in the game settings?
  • It's normal, you'll only see telemetry initialize when you're actually driving...
    I got everything set up and it seems to be working properly on f1 2019, except I can’t get brake vibration to work. I look in the tuning menu preview and vibration preview in the “Tuning Menu Preview” from within Game Profile and they all say “unavailable” any idea why?
    Which pedals do you have and how are they connected?
    I’m also seeing a “telemetry is uninitialized!” at the bottom left corner of fanalab when launching F1 2019 from fanalab. Anyone know why? Do I need to have ‘telemetry broadcast’ turned on in the game settings?
    As Hugo said telemetry is only working when on track but in general FanaLab does set it up for you or give you the instructions to do so when you click on the green buttons under the Game Profile page. 
  • I got everything set up and it seems to be working properly on f1 2019, except I can’t get brake vibration to work. I look in the tuning menu preview and vibration preview in the “Tuning Menu Preview” from within Game Profile and they all say “unavailable” any idea why?
    Clubsport V3, connected to the DD1 base and then the base is connected with USB to the computer
  • One more thing. Sorry for the 20 questions. When I click the two green setup boxes within fanalab, I notice that it by default turns OFF Fanatec LEDs. I have been manually going in and turning that one back on. Is that what I’m supposed to do? Dbox is also turned ON by default (in game), and I have no idea what that is Thanks for your help guys, I think I’ve spent more time in set up than in game. Lol
  • One more thing. Sorry for the 20 questions. When I click the two green setup boxes within fanalab, I notice that it by default turns OFF Fanatec LEDs. I have been manually going in and turning that one back on. Is that what I’m supposed to do? Dbox is also turned ON by default (in game), and I have no idea what that is Thanks for your help guys, I think I’ve spent more time in set up than in game. Lol
    By going into the menu and enabling Fanatec LEDs you activate the native support back which FanaLab disabled. Obviously the native support has to be disabled so FanaLab can control leds and display. If you have both enabled then they interfere with each other and you can get the strangest issues. Please leave the Fanatec LEDs in Game disabled.
    By going into the menu and enabling Fanatec LEDs you activate the native support back which FanaLab disabled. Obviously the native support has to be disabled so FanaLab can control leds and display. If you have both enabled then they interfere with each other and you can get the strangest issues. Please leave the Fanatec LEDs in Game disabled.
    Thanks Maurice. Do you have any idea why all the tuning previews are unavailable when looking at the game profiles in fanalab? This is on 1.12 with driver 345. On both iRacing and F1 2019 (v 1.15)
    Thanks Maurice. Do you have any idea why all the tuning previews are unavailable when looking at the game profiles in fanalab? This is on 1.12 with driver 345. On both iRacing and F1 2019 (v 1.15)
    Actually I dont know what you mean, really. Can you post a screenshot of how it looks like for you? This is how it looks like for me and how it should look like if you have saved a profile.
  • Keith IwanabeKeith Iwanabe Member
    edited October 2019
    One more thing. Sorry for the 20 questions. When I click the two green setup boxes within fanalab, I notice that it by default turns OFF Fanatec LEDs. I have been manually going in and turning that one back on. Is that what I’m supposed to do? Dbox is also turned ON by default (in game), and I have no idea what that is Thanks for your help guys, I think I’ve spent more time in set up than in game. Lol
    Actually I dont know what you mean, really. Can you post a screenshot of how it looks like for you? This is how it looks like for me and how it should look like if you have saved a profile.
    I can get a screenshot when I get home. The screen looks the same but next to “tuning menu preview” and “vibration preview” it says UNAVAILABLE. Then all those sub categories below...they all say UNAVAILABLE. The odd thing is that everything seems to be functioning properly except for brake vibration (which I have enabled for wheel lock)
    I can get a screenshot when I get home. The screen looks the same but next to “tuning menu preview” and “vibration preview” it says UNAVAILABLE. Then all those sub categories below...they all say UNAVAILABLE
    But you have saved a profile? As long as no profile is saved that's being recognized as unavailable AFAIK and the previews only become available when you actively saved a profile with leds and vibration settings enabled and when used with compatible steering wheel, UHX for example doesn't support leds and vibrations and therefore those will still be shown as unavailable in the game profile overview with a saved profile.
    I can get a screenshot when I get home. The screen looks the same but next to “tuning menu preview” and “vibration preview” it says UNAVAILABLE. Then all those sub categories below...they all say UNAVAILABLE
    But you have saved a profile? As long as no profile is saved that's being recognized as unavailable AFAIK and the previews only become available when you actively saved a profile with leds and vibration settings enabled and when used with compatible steering wheel, UHX for example doesn't support leds and vibrations and therefore those will still be shown as unavailable in the game profile overview with a saved profile.
    I haven’t saved a NEW profile, I just have changed the settings for Setup 1 or whatever in the DD1 (which is use for F1 2019). I use Setup 2 for iRacing. Could that be why? Does that make sense what I’m saying? Like I haven’t created separate profiles per car per game, like it looks like you have. I’m using the F1 podium wheel with clubsport v3 pedals
  • Yes, that's the issue. You need to save the profile to get it shown correctly on the Game Profile Overview because that page does not show the actual settings but the saved ones of a profile, therefore the name "Game Profile"... ^^
  • Pete TinklerPete Tinkler Member
    edited October 2019
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD2
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Clubsport F1 2018
    Driver Version: 345
    Base FW Version: 662
    Wheel FW Version: 28

Issue:  Fanalab 1.12 crashes using Formula Renault 3.5 in iRacing.  I can recreate this defect consistently.
  • Pete TinklerPete Tinkler Member
    edited October 2019
    Seconding the above (sorry I can't seem to quote and write my own response in the same message? it just adds my text to the quote block...

When I try to load a practice session with the FR3.5 in iRacing Fanalab shuts itself down. Sometimes if I run Fanalab again while iRacingis running it stays open for a few seconds before closing, other times it repeatedly crashes right away. If I load up e.g. the Skippy or the HPD Fanalab is perfectly happy and stays running. I couldn't locate the log file to find anything in there.

Wheel Base Model: CSL Elite Wheel Base PlayStation 4
    Steering Wheel Model: Mclaren GT3
    Driver Version: 345
    Base FW Version: 662
    Base Motor FW Version: 22
    Wheel FW Version: 30
    edited October 2019
    I got everything set up and it seems to be working properly on f1 2019, except I can’t get brake vibration to work. I look in the tuning menu preview and vibration preview in the “Tuning Menu Preview” from within Game Profile and they all say “unavailable” any idea why?
    Clubsport V3, connected to the DD1 base and then the base is connected with USB to the computer
    The Vibration tab doesn't show anything and you can't adjust the vibrations? Or can you adjust but they are not working? As Maurice suggested, please post some screenshots so we can have a better idea.
  •  I tried yesterday AC, ACC and PCars 2 with my DD1 and V3i pedals. AC is working great, ACC with the known issue of missing wheel spin and wheel locking, and in PCARS 2 (shared memory is active, comp2.5mode) the wheel lock and wheel speen, oversteer on the wheel dont work. Is that normal?
    Can anyone tell me which button I have to press on the Porsche wheel 918 RSR for changing from the comp2.5 mode to dd1 mode?

Does anyone know (Fanatec) if Forza 7 is scheduled to integrate it. They have great telemetry datas for my next level motion 3 system. 
     I tried yesterday AC, ACC and PCars 2 with my DD1 and V3i pedals. AC is working great, ACC with the known issue of missing wheel spin and wheel locking, and in PCARS 2 (shared memory is active, comp2.5mode) the wheel lock and wheel speen, oversteer on the wheel dont work. Is that normal?
    Can anyone tell me which button I have to press on the Porsche wheel 918 RSR for changing from the comp2.5 mode to dd1 mode?

Does anyone know (Fanatec) if Forza 7 is scheduled to integrate it. They have great telemetry datas for my next level motion 3 system. 
    Like mentioned in the first post it would be good when the following is added to reports:
    Wheel Base Model (product ID): ....
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
    Driver Version: ....
    Base FW Version: ....
    Wheel FW Version: ....
    Add screenshots or videos if it helps to explain your issue. 

Are you talking about vibration or Flag LEDs? Features which are not greyed out should be working in the game currently running. If you clicked both green buttons and followed the instruction of the popup message you can check in FanaLab under settings and "View Telemetry Feed" if telemetry is coming in.

Button combinations can be found in the quick guide of every wheel.

It's planned to add FM7 first to the list so automatic loading tuning menu settings work, telemetry support is planned for later.
  • Just an idea,

Device Set Up 1,2,3,4,5 - should be possible to be renamed.
    That way you can find/remember the desired setup more easily without looking into the setup itself (Fanatec DD1/2).  :)
This discussion has been closed.