Podium Handbrake

Dear Fanatec, Thank you for all the work you do to bring the world the joy of sim driving. Perhaps I'm not the first to mention this topic but I, and I'm sure other fanatics very much desire a fanatec handbrake in keeping with the new standard of performance that the Podium series provides. My fanatec handbrake broke recently and becuase I know it's not an isolated issue, I'm "handbrakeless" until a quality fanatec handbrake is released. I'm unwilling to buy a product I know will fail relatively quickly. I have no qualms about investing in a top of the range setup. I just need a Podium handbrake to finish the rig... and to rally drive properly. Without worrying about about breaking it, becuase let's face it, the fanatec hand brake is a flimsy toy. I'm sure they'll be a Podium h-shifter and Podium pedals soon enough but the quality of the Clubsport pedals and shifter are already satisfactory. (Shifter changes feel a little hard). FYI I would be happy to pay up to €300-350 for a top quality Podium handbrake. Maybe even €400 if it's impeccable. Please Fanatec. Dirt Rally needs me. Best Regards, Grateful Fanatic

Comments

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited October 2019
    $450/€400 for a handbrake, were you hit on the head recently? I also feel my fanatec ebrake has failed me prematurely, (still works,just a lil touchy) but its not because the clubsport range handbrake is a toy, its because all potentiometers can be sensitive. what is needed is just a little more adjustment in whats available to tune the position of the potentiometer as after so many pulls the linkage gets a little slop and the resting position of the potentiometer is comprised. so i will maybe 3d print a shim to fix my linkage slop causing my issues. I will not be expecting $450/€400 to fanatec will help, because paying for the podium level system has and still doesn't match the price as much as i had hoped.
  • The handbrake does have flaws - the 3.5mm jack is vulnerable is the first that springs to my mind - i had to replace mine after a few months. Others have had issues with pots drifting. But these issues could be fixed by a minor redesign without doubling the price.
  • this guy want x3 to x4 the cost, i want to play poker with this guy.
  • oh, and whats this a new feature in dirt rally 2.0. has input report for the ebrake now, very intriguing. i hope it is followed by an adjustment for the ebrake!
    edited October 2019
    nope. this is not a issue with my ebrake, its issue with my podium base. it reports inverse inputs now, nice. plug and play right? then i remap it and its fine? maybe its time to release drivers and firmware that work, now that the dd1 and prw have been out 6 mos? then 6mos out it can be plug and play? much respect to codemasters who recognized a problem and at least have given an opportunity to diagnose.
    edited October 2019
    Dear Fanatec, Thank you for all the work you do to bring the world the joy of sim driving. Perhaps I'm not the first to mention this topic but I, and I'm sure other fanatics very much desire a fanatec handbrake in keeping with the new standard of performance that the Podium series provides. My fanatec handbrake broke recently and becuase I know it's not an isolated issue, I'm "handbrakeless" until a quality fanatec handbrake is released. I'm unwilling to buy a product I know will fail relatively quickly. I have no qualms about investing in a top of the range setup. I just need a Podium handbrake to finish the rig... and to rally drive properly. Without worrying about about breaking it, becuase let's face it, the fanatec hand brake is a flimsy toy. I'm sure they'll be a Podium h-shifter and Podium pedals soon enough but the quality of the Clubsport pedals and shifter are already satisfactory. (Shifter changes feel a little hard). FYI I would be happy to pay up to €300-350 for a top quality Podium handbrake. Maybe even €400 if it's impeccable. Please Fanatec. Dirt Rally needs me. Best Regards, Grateful Fanatic
    hey man, im gonna say it . im with you on having my cuffs match my collars so to speak, but your math isn't good and why i reacted this way. i and others are still waiting for our devices to have the in game support they deserve and just work as advertised. smfh still!
    edited November 2019
    thankfully the the new dirt rally 2.0 update allows me to do this now, ill just unplug it for games i dont use it. my good friend now refers to my dd1 for ps4 as the combination lock, i agreed and it unlocks goodies when you know how to open it. this is supposed to be a link to the video, but only brings the channel, the video is in highlights and is titled "the handbrake show" http://www.twitch.tv/droors/v/502306393?sr=a&t=122s
    edited November 2019
    here ya go, i run 345 and play on ps4. always have to do this now, yet the adjustments are never the same.
  • Just googled “fanatec podium handbrake” looking for speculative articles. Top result was mine from years ago lol

Apparently I possess a unique ideology. Perhaps the general attitude has now changed but Im simply willing to pay for quality and I believe Fanatec deserves the money. The podium line is a premium line (obv)... e.g £100 for 2 gear knobs, £200 for paddles... so why wouldn’t a premium quality handbrake be at least £300? I bet it will cost at least that much. And it’ll be well worth it. Podium Shifter? £600+ EASY. I bet you.

Anyway I buckled and bought another handbrake some time ago lol Yeah, “TOY”? Bit harsh but DAYUM that thing is flimsy. Still going strong at least.