CSL Elite F1 bundle - Wheel won't slide on wheel base

I have just bought the CSL Elite F1 set (bundle), and when i try and slide the wheel on the wheel base, it gets stuck half way.. And then it almost wont come off.. And I can't get Fanatec to return my messages or support ticket. Anything I can do?

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Kim,

I see that you opened support tickets today. The support team tries to respond to tickets within 48 hours, and they are also an extra day 'behind' due to the new website launch, so you might not receive such a quick response from them. The Live Chat feature is where you can potentially receive an instant response, but this is currently disabled, also due to the new website changeover.

As for your issue, I suggest that you create a video so that we can understand exactly what you mean. (The support team would also request a video when they reply.)

• Now I have sent a video, by request. And you guys hopefully can help me. Just want to drive..

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Kim,

Firstly I want to say that the table doesn't seem to be very secure - I recommend using something more solid, or at least to have the table braced against a wall. You will lose some force feedback detail if the surface you are clamping to can move easily like this, because some of the forces will be sent through the table rather than through your hands.

However, the wheel does seem to be getting stuck in an odd way. I would check the inside of the wheel-side quick release and the surfaces of the base-side quick release shaft to see if there is anything obviously uneven that could cause unwanted friction.

• Hi, i promise you that the table is solid. And I usually use a playseat. But that does not change the fact that the wheel gets stuck pretty good, both mounted on the playseat, and table. And I can't get it pas the ball bearings. I have checked the insides and it looks fine. Either the quickrelease is to narrow, or the mount on base is to big.

• Hi again.

Could someone inform me on my support issue. In my RMA i got 2 return labels sent, but i should only have one. And i cant just use1 of the 2 labels because weight would not be correct, and i would then get a bill.

I have bought the CSL Elite F1@ set, and that only comes in one package.

Please make the support team send me the right label. :-)

@Domagoj Lovric