Sent my CSL Elite to RMA, Fanatec sent me a new one, but this one also has problems...

Hello,

I already filled a support ticket, tho I got no confirmation that my request was sent.

So here is my situation:

I bought a CSL ELITE pack about 6 months ago, it starting having problems, so after a week of e-mails, Fanatec asked to send my wheelbase to them.

About a month passed, Fanatec did not say anything, I received a notification from UPS that a package was coming, so finally when it arrived, I saw that it was a new one, with a new invoice and everything.

So 3 days pass since I've received the new wheelbase and it's now making creaking noises when turning to the left, mostly when there is friction, as you can all see in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7gAh1QeAPk

Can I please have some support on this unpleasant situation?

Regards.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

It's difficult to know exactly where the sound is coming from in a video. To narrow it down, you could try rotating it without a steering wheel, and with a steering wheel when the base is powered off. In any case, please contact the support team and they will resolve this for you.

• Bruno CorreiaBruno Correia Member
    edited November 2019

The support answered few minutes ago, when off it doesn't do the sound, I guess this wheelbase has problems with the friction funcionality, since this as happened twice (EDIT: last wheelbase lost the friction completely, this one makes sound to the left), it doesn't matter if I got the steering wheel attached or not, does the same sound with or without steering wheel.

I advise Fanatec to carefully review how the Control of Quality is being made, because this is not normal for the standard of this company.

• Fanatec Support is gonna view the wheelbase at their workshop, lets see how its gonna work out.

• Bruno CorreiaBruno Correia Member
    edited November 2019

Package arrived to Fanatec yesterday, 18th of November 2019, awaiting further updates.

It would be nice to have this very annoying situation resolved quickly, since it's the 2nd consecutive time that I have problems with that wheel model.