Why Fanatec support so slowly?

Guys, why Fanatec support team work so inefficiently?

I need a spare part for my P1 rim, now I'm spent almost 3 week for it and haven't any information about date when item will be shipped.

Why Support team can't ask everything in one letter?

How looks customer support in Fanatec:

1. Register on site
  2. Register product
  3. Create issue
  4. Waiting 2 working day
  5. Get a question from support team
  6. Answer
  7. Repeat from step 4. How many iteration?

I spent more than $ 1,000 and was surprised at the poor quality of support services.

And I have a typical problem with broken pin in rim mount and know that Fanatec provide new cable for self repair. But nothing happened.

P.S.

Sorry of my English.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Viktor, I have read through the existing communication you've had with our team. There has been a logical progression, and you received a reply today that the spare part will be sent as soon as possible. There have also been extra steps to clarify due to your location. In addition, there have been recent delays to support communication in general due to the new website systems.

It is usually faster to reach our support team via the live chat system, but this is currently not available on the new site. It will be restored soon.

• I opened a ticket on 10/1.

On 10/9 I was told to send my wheel to California. I got a receipt that it was there on 10-21 Not sure why it took 7 days to get to California from Tennessee.

On 11-2, I emailed for a status. I received a reply that someone will check on 11-4.

I emailed back on 11-8 and still haven't heard anything. They have had my wheel for over a month.

I wanted to upgrade (I have a CSL Elite), but I am having second thoughts now.

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited November 2019

Not only are they slow, the overall communication is poor and they have been ineffective and have still not resolved anything i take issue with.

oh ,except the finish issue i had twice. its easy for them to replace stuff, no brainer i guess, but the fight leading up to that was fierce.

we should publish these anonymously in a reddit or something, lots of head shaking to be done and could be a guide as to how not to handle customer service.

• I have been trying to reach out yesterday and all day today. I purchased the Podium Racing Wheel F1 and it says that it is XBOX Ready. After purchasing for my XBOX I am reading that it does not work on XBOX. If that is the case why does it say XBOX Ready on the Fanatec website? Just looking for someone to point me in the right direction. Im happy to change my setup I just need someone to tell me. PLEASE HELP!!!

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited November 2019

you are good man, its xbox ready. its only confusing if u need it to work on ps4. ps4 is the only system which requires a authentication chip.

smart move on the podium series f1 system as its a halo. will run on all systems.

there are 3 or 4 operating modes, pc, ps4 ,ps4 comp and comp mode.

comp=compatibility mode.

• Thank you Aaron for answering my questions. I watched the video and was just concerned about one thing. It says the chip is in the steering wheel and I bought that Podium Wheel F1 that was licensed by Playstation. I just want to be sure that the combo package that I bought was officially licensed by Playstation but the DD1 and Wheel will work completely fine on my XBOX ONE X.

• its a austrian tradition to say things to confuse people i think, they mean wheel base. i keep telling them the translation software they use is killing them.