Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

Our new flagship modular steering wheel, the Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R, finally launched on the webshop today! It is available for pre-order in all regions, and will ship in December.

The individual components are also available separately, including the new officially licensed Podium Wheel Rim Porsche 911 GT3 Cup in two finishes, and the Podium Advanced Button Module. A ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One version of the Porsche steering wheel is also available for pre-order.

The Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R is the ultimate wheel for GT racing, combining the complete set of modular steering wheel components from the Podium range to create a high-performance, full-scale replica of the Porsche 991 GT3 R wheel.

The Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R includes:

• Podium Wheel Rim Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
  • Podium Button Module Endurance
  • Podium Advanced Paddle Module
  • Podium Hub

Official Porsche replica!

The Porsche 911 GT3 Cup rim is a premium quality replica of the real Porsche wheel based on original CAD data, built to automotive-grade quality. The brushed and anodised aluminium rim is covered in genuine, premium leather, available in both suede and smooth finishes.

Introducing the Podium Button Module Endurance!

This advanced modular component includes two 12-way Multi-Position Switches with rotary encoder functionality, toggle switches, analogue stick, FunkySwitch, and 10 buttons. The integrated 2.7” 256x64 resolution OLED display is able to display more information than ever before, through our new Intelligent Telemetry Mode (ITM). The deep contrast of this display is truly stunning!

The most authentic paddle system ever.

The incredible Podium Advanced Paddle Module is part of the package, adding a dual analogue clutch paddle system and two pairs of magnetic shifters, built to automotive quality: carbon fibre paddle plates, aluminium cage, contactless Hall sensors, high-end switches.

Podium Hub at its core.

This Podium-spec steering wheel is defined by the high performance core hub, a gold anodised aluminium monocoque using a strong space frame design. The Button Module Endurance connects directly to the DataPort-C, unlocking the full potential of the Podium Hub.

Compatibility.

The Podium Button Module Endurance also fits on the front of the ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One, meaning that you can create a version of the ‘GT3 R’ design that is compatible with Xbox One. We are offering two ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R packages that include the Podium Wheel Rim Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, Podium Button Module Endurance, and ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One. At the moment, the Podium Button Module Endurance and bundles with this product are only compatible to our Podium DD Wheel Bases but we are currently working on a firmware update to make more Wheel Bases, like our ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5, compatible.

Black Friday 2019.

Our Black Friday offers will be revealed on Monday, stay tuned! We can’t wait to show you more!

Comments

• edited November 2019

Nice products!

Where is the download section for the Podium Button Module Endurance? I can't find it... (normally at the right side of the 'description tab')

If you wish to use this product with a third-party wheel rim, please check the sizing template in the Downloads section.

Thx!

• Ersan KapErsan Kap Member
    edited November 2019

Looks great but it's quite pricey! Also can you explain more about CSW 2.5 compatibility? Is there a possibility that display could be supported fully with the fw update or is it impossible because of hardware limitations of CSW 2.5? Thanks.

Edit: Incompatible means only display or it doesn't work at all?

• Exactly, there is no template any where right now, come on guys, pull your fingers out, how are we to buy it if we don’t know if it will fit our wheel rims correctly.

• edited November 2019

Thanks, the donwload section is now available.

https://fanatec.com/media/pdf/f9/44/6f/P-BME-SizingTemplate_01.pdf

• In the description for the leather podium version on the US store it says suede, but I assume it's smooth leather right?

• I just got my Podium R300 last week and this has been released...

Will you all be offering any sort of voucher for the ~$50 USD difference to buy the button module separately for those of us that just bought all of the other parts?

I need to know this as well... the current description is either a bit misleading or very unfortunate.

"Compatibility to the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 will follow in a future firmware update, with the display operating in Legacy Mode."

Does that mean that nothing on the button module works or just that the screen doesn't work? If it is the latter, that description is a bit misleading and you may want to update it to not dissuade anyone from purchasing it. Also some form of what "Legacy Mode" is would be nice; whether that be an image or text description.

• Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited November 2019

i bet this legacy mode will default to a mode which only provides info to the screen which is sent from the base. for example, on a 2.5 on xb1 u get basics like gear, revs and tuning menu basics. however on compatible bases and systems u get more detailed info from udp like for project cars 2 apps and stuff? like anything you can wirelessly transmit to a tablet, fuel, tire temps and so on to as detailed as the sim provides?

or maybe even data transfer thru the usb c as well?

• Display Legacy Mode means that the display works like every other Fanatec Wheel Display - not with the new big Intelligent Telemetry Mode which you can see on the product pictures. So only basic stuff like speed, gear etc - no Delta, Laptimes and so on which is possible with the ITM screens.

• I ordered the leather podium version, but didn't get a confirmation email. Now, when I check my order it say "clarification needed", with no clarification as to what might need to be clarified. I guess I'll contact support if it doesn't resolve by itself by next week.

• Bill KrauseBill Krause Member
    edited November 2019

Can not log in. This has been a persistent problem. As can be readily seen I can login into the forum.

Can not contact customer support because the log in fails. Reset password seems to work but log in still fails.

Can not configure leather with APM.

• Gavin DaviesGavin Davies Member
    edited November 2019

It’s disappointing, I’ve been waiting a long time for this to use with my OMP 320 Uno rim but looks like the bottom of the top buttons don’t clear the top of the spokes, pretty sure someone from Fanatec said it would a while back. Looks like I will have to go third party route for that now.

• Had this issue earlier, had to delete website data before it would work.

• I love the looks and great job that Fanatec bring it on soft leather and alcantara, can’t wait to have it.

• edited November 2019

Please make a super discount for the Podium Base Ps4. It's the only way I can make my son's wish come true this Christmas! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• I am in the same boat, after ordering the New Button plate yesterday, and already having the Podium Hub and Advanced Paddle module, I now have to buy a new wheel, and have an expensive OMP sitting on the shelf, not being used..

I hope there are some good Black friday deals.....

• edited November 2019

and what about the "poor guys" owning CSL Elite PS4 base? no hope for them?

very disappointed this time... I was really interested in having this wheel as christmas present and there's no way I will buy a podium base... ever.. ☹️

• It is a very nice looking wheel, and I really like it, I would like for the tempplate to include some other measurements than the wheel mounting pattern of 70 mm though, it would make it easier to determine if a wheel I might have would fit the podium button module endurance

And another thing while I am at it.... have they fixed the flex in the podium hub, cause if not I am not buying this even though I really want it, or the podium hub for that matter to be used with third party wheels.....

• The Podium Hub does not have Flex in general. This only happens to a few single units because of bad tolerances.

• edited November 2019

Maurice B are you an FANATEC employe to make that statement?

and if it only was a few units that had bad tolerances, what sort of guarantee is there that no more units with bad tolerances will get passed quallity controll?

• Can now log in.

Leather Podium now listed and pre-ordered. 😊

• Mohamed EmaraMohamed Emara Member
    edited November 2019

the question is why it’s not supported 🤔 Maybe fanatec thought it is not worth spending the money and time to be supported on CSL? Or the marketing bs “because of electronics bla bla...”🤨 or?

so annoyed since the csl elite ps4 was picked up since DD was not available and csp v2.5 was not a smart option since me and my pals sometimes play on PS4 (along PC of course)

So this leaves the following:

• don’t buy the Porsche wheel (we all know it’s the Porsche old wheel anyways. Probably good way to convince myself)
    • wait for a massive offer for the podium DD ps4 version and porsche gt3r wheel (not going to happen of course having both on offer)
    • play the waiting game and see what’s in next year pipeline

Over and out to the rig...

• edited November 2019

Any news about he weight of this wheel? There is no info on the website.

Looks like a good upgrade for my BMW wheel, but only if the weight is much less......

And i am also waiting for more information about the future CSW firmware update, because i have a CSW2.5 base also.

• The weight of the Podium wheel rim Porsche 911 GT3 Cup leather is 825g.

The weight of the Podium button module endurance is 410g.

The weight of the Podium Hub including CS QRA is  563g.

The total weight of these products is 1.798kg , to that weight you have to add the weight of the Podium Advanced Paddle Module(which weight i don't know how much it is)

• That is possibly the most beautiful racing wheel I have ever seen for sim racing period. Thanks Fanatec!😀 That is a beautiful creation!😊

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

Thank you very much. :) The kudos for the design go to Porsche, though.

• IMO the price is reasonable. Try to find a custom made GT3 R Wheel for that price.

And tbh I thought it would be more expensive.

It is a real beauty and I can't wait to get my hands on it 😍

Thank you Fanatec!

• edited November 2019

Just please consider to enable CLS ELITE PS4/v1.1 full compatibilty in the future.. I'm sure this can be done (with some coding I guess.. ), furthermore I'm even sure there are many CSL owners out there willing to buy this wheel (including myself of course) .. don't cut them out... this would be a real shame considering the V1.1 was just released few months ago...

Please make this happen.. 😉

• The wheel is more expensive than the base! Does that make sense to you? If you are prepared to drop 600 on a wheel surely it makes sense to upgrade the base. For me I think the move to DD would provide a better experience than a fancy rim. Of course, I want both.