FanaLab 1.23 beta Download - Post your Feedback here

Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
edited January 2020 in FanaLab

Changelog:

• General:
    • Fixed alt+tab crash issues.
    • UI adjustments.
    • Implemented Button Module Endurance.
    • Fixed scrolling issue of the game list.
  • Tuning Menu:
    • Added support with 2520° of rotation with Podium DDs.
    • Added new settings of the DD: LIN, NIN and INT including mouse hover hints.
  • Vibration:
    • Added threshold setting for rev limiter vibration of the throttle pedal.
  • LED & Display:
    • Fixed delay issues.
    • Fixed McLaren display not working when loading profile automatically.
    • Shortened duration for Lap data to be displayed.
    • Changed pit limiter display from "PL" to "P".
    • Flag LED colors of flag states can now be turned off individually.
  • Games:
    • ACC: Removed ERS and DRS data.
    • iR: Fixed crash when loading Formula Renault 2.0.
    • RaceRoom: Hint for enabling/disabling FanaLab support now doesn't disappear after just 2 seconds.
  • Settings:
    • Log files can now be accessed over "Open Log Folder" under settings.
    • Fixed auto start setting can't be disabled.

Known Issues:

• When loading old setups which didn't have the new features, check the tuning menu settings and so on to make sure there is nothing turned off accidentally like the Interpolation filter.
  • ACC: Green Flag LEDs greyed out.
  • ACC: Suspension Travel Vibration not working yet.
  • ACC: Wheel Spin/Lock not in sync with the in-game LEDs anymore since their update.
  • AC/ACC: Some experience the reverse damper not working consistently.
  • UHX with APM attached while FanaLab is running can cause a constant change between UHX and PHUB in the devices and FanaLab can crash.

How to report issues:

• List which hardware, driver and firmware you are using.
  • Cross check with other settings, games or wheels to see if it's a general issue or specific with a game, wheel or setting.
  • Go into detail how we can reproduce the issue.
  • Post screenshots or videos if needed.
  • Profile preview section shows FlagLEDs in different order.

You need driver 352 for using FanaLab 1.23: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/1414/fanatec-beta-driver-v352-dd-performance-update-for-csl-csw-and-podium-bases-all-wheels/p1

Download:

Comments

• Excellent!!! Thanks

• Cool, looks like I'll move on from 446 firmware and check out the newest features on my DD2 now!

• I uninstalled Fanalab and the fanatec driver 352pkg . I then reinstalled both Using the default "C:" system location and not my data drive. I believe I was told to do this before and forgot.

Everything works Perfect that i have tested. THANK YOU !!!

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited December 2019

Stop talking about the delay, this is the wrong channel for it. Make an own thread or use this already existing one:

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/1412/delayed-podium-steering-wheel-porsche-911-gt3-r

I can understand the frustration but this doesn't help anyone to bomb this beta thread with off topic because of a three days delay. I'm as pissed and frustrated as you are, believe me.

I'll go through and delete anything which is not regarding FanaLab.

• V1.23 is a big improvement. Like that I can now get rid of all the games I do not use and have iRacing as the only one. Like the updated tuning menu. 😀 So far no gripes.

• How about Fanalab auto-adjusting a profile FFB strength based on the connected wheelbase (or a drop down box where you can select it)? Maurice posted a lot of profiles using a DD2 with a note saying that the user should adjust it. But this would be easy to be built in Fanalab I believe?

• edited December 2019

It is a bit nitpicking but:

I'd still like to be able to adjust the "UI Scale" of FanaLab. Running the Software on a 1440p display in a Simrig (so +80cm away of the monitor) makes everything very small and hard to read even in a maximized window. I'm sure it looks alright on a 1080p screen or if your whole Win10 interface is zoomed in, but if everything is on "normal" and you got a really high resolution of 1440p or above all the bars and letters are extremely small and hard to read. I know it is more top-priority to have the application reliably working with the wheelbases and rims, but I think this would help a lot too. I like the way FanaLabs looks... but it would look even better if it would fit the resolution :)

Apart from that, works great so far and thank you a lot for releasing it so quickly after a big driver revision to have them compatible.

• Hi Marcel,

I've previously had Fanalab working on my PC, but the last two versions have not booted for me. The application shows the Fanatec splash screen and then crashes. It appears to be a .NET error.

Podium DD1 USA. Crash happens regardless of what wheel rim is attached.

Running Driver 352, FW 669, Motor FW 38, WQR FW 5

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. 10.0.18363

.Net Framework 4.8

Log Name:   Application

Source:    .NET Runtime

Date:     12/17/2019 5:41:10 PM

Event ID:   1026

Task Category: None

Level:     Error

Keywords:   Classic

User:     N/A

Computer:   DESKTOP-P73INKA

Description:

Application: FanaLab.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.String, System.String[])

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()

at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictReadToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanFactoriesRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, System.Collections.Hashtable)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanFactoriesRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, System.Collections.Hashtable)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanFactories(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(System.String, System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)

at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)

at MahApps.Metro.Controls.WindowApplicationSettings.get_Placement()

at MahApps.Metro.Behaviours.WindowsSettingBehaviour.LoadWindowState()

at MahApps.Metro.Behaviours.WindowsSettingBehaviour.AssociatedObject_SourceInitialized(System.Object, System.EventArgs)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(System.Object, System.EventArgs)

at System.Windows.Window.OnSourceInitialized(System.EventArgs)

at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean)

at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindowDuringShow()

at System.Windows.Window.SafeCreateWindowDuringShow()

at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

at PodiumControl.App.Main()

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-12-18T01:41:10.897418600Z" />

<EventRecordID>15209</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-P73INKA</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Application: FanaLab.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.String, System.String[])

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()

at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictReadToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanFactories(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()

at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(System.String, System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)

at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)

at MahApps.Metro.Controls.WindowApplicationSettings.get_Placement()

at MahApps.Metro.Behaviours.WindowsSettingBehaviour.LoadWindowState()

at MahApps.Metro.Behaviours.WindowsSettingBehaviour.AssociatedObject_SourceInitialized(System.Object, System.EventArgs)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(System.Object, System.EventArgs)

at System.Windows.Window.OnSourceInitialized(System.EventArgs)

at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean)

at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindowDuringShow()

at System.Windows.Window.SafeCreateWindowDuringShow()

at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

at PodiumControl.App.Main()

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

• Just uninstalled the driver 346 and fanalab 1.12 and installed 352 and 1.23.

Unfortunately, Fanalab continues to crash. I see the splash screen, the window for the app for a few seconds, and then it vanishes. If it's icon appears in the tray, it vanishes when I try to open it.

It all worked for weeks with v339 until this same behaviour started. I've upgraded drivers hoping for a fix, but no joy.

As a result, I have no LEDs or OLED display function when playing Assetto Corsa, the only game I play.

Here are my details:

HARDWARE; Podium PS4 F1

PC Driver / WB FW / SW FW: 352 / 669 / 28

HOW TO REPRODUCE:

1) Launch Fanalab

2) Watch Splash Screen

3) Try use app and watch it vanish before you do anything

During this process, I see "Fanalab (32-Bit)" appear in Task Manager. It vanishes from Task Manager as the app crashes.

Thanks!

• After the driver update, motor update, wheel update, when I power off the DD, there is a very distinct and audible metallic click noise.

Is this supposed to be normal or is this a cause for concern?

• Podium DD1 . BSOD crash each time I try to power off the wheel.

Running Driver 352, FW 669, Motor FW 38

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Aside from that I really like how it feels when it is working.

Anyone else experiencing this or has a solution?

• Well this is truly dissapointing. I had Fanabla 1.12 and V345 working pretty well. Now, I can't get it to work at all, even after rolling back the driver and the fanalab software versions. Now what I was hoping for Xmas.

• And what exactly is your issue?

• edited December 2019

Initially, The wheel was shaking and osilating oncontrollably and would steer me off the track even when I held it straight. Now I can't get it or fanalab to work regardless of which driver and fanalab version I use. I have tried V352 and 1.23 again and the wheel now doesn't register in the games or in Fanalab.

Any suggestions would be aprpeciated.

• That's what mine is doing too. If you open "event viewer" in windows, then go to Windows Logs...Applications, you can view the events that led to the crash. It might not be something you can fix on your end, but at least something we can let the developers know about.

• same issue

when I start fanalab it seems to be starting but after some seconds it´s not longer working

• Uninstalled 347 driver and Fanalab 1.12 which all worked fine. Installed 3.52 driver and now the v3 pedals, CSW 2.5 wheelbase and Formula V2 wheel no longer show up in the Fanatec Wheel Property app. Not installed Fanalab 1.23 yet as there's no point if there not showing there?

Anyone got any ideas?

• I hear the same distinct metallic sound when powering off the base

• In my opinion Fanalab should have incorporated Fanatec recommended profiles like those found on the forum. At this moment profile list is completely blank. I understand that you want to add community factor to it but many people don't understand those settings, and downloading community shared setting adjusted to top level player is an opposite to what it should look like. Fanatec should define clear base line from which people could mode it to fit more rookie or more pro players.

BTW. I don't understand idea behind blocking access to wheel settings in CSL bases. Please correct me if I;m wrong, but if computer can access to steering wheel memory i.e. by writing firmware or reading version number from it then why it is impossible to read or write steering wheel tuning menu like spring, damper, sensitivity etc. Why it is restricted to Podium or CSW? And I noticed that one streamer did not have access to vibrations on Formula V2 just because he was using Podium base (or at least that explanation was showed on screen at fanalab). As far as I'm aware steering wheel firmware is base independent and connectors ale identical to all Fanatec bases, then why those all differences?

• I have a Podium DD2, all the same drivers, FW installed, and Have had BSOD when powering the wheel off since updating, but not every time.

• Fanalab is not working either for me. Not the last 1.12 Beta and not the most recent 1.23 Beta. Drivers, firmware etc. all on latest. Same issue as described by the other users: Fanalab starts, shows splash screen (Fanatec Logo), minimizes to tray and on the try to hover on the tray icon, it vanishes without any error or so. Just gone. That's getting really disappointing now, as this issue persists now since two updates and nothing changes.

• Not enjoying driver 352 and Fanalab v1.23. Having issues with the wheel rotation. I set it to AUTO for everything normally. When playing AC its fine until I Alt Tab out and into FanaLab to make an ffb adjustment. I jump back into the game and my virtual arms no longer match my real arms.

I go back into FanaLab and notice my Sensitivity has been changed to 16** degrees. I set it back to AUTO, Jump back in game and its still messed up. The wheel rotation is way off again. I Go back into FanaLab and look to see its back to 16** degrees. The only way I can fix it is stop the game. Go back into FanaLab and set it back to AUTO. But then I cant go back into FanaLab once I started the game. I'm using a Podium Hub with a Momo wheel and a button cluster pack.

It seems ok if I make my adjustments via the game controller panel.

I'm also having a hard time finding the sweet spot again for settings. I had my DD2 feeling pretty good in AC but now it just seems messed up. Its really twitchy. I usually go for a lot of weight in my wheel as I mostly drive older cars these days. Seems like it has less weight but more strength on effects.

Had some issues where in a long turn with sustained wheel forces. The wheel was ripped out of my hands almost. It scared the heck outta me.

The main reason I updated was to see if this driver would stop my fan running at 100% rpm randomly. I dont think it has. It came on 100% after driving less then one lap. It was only on for less then a minute though...that’s an improvement.

Podium DD2

Driver 352

Wheel Base FW 669

Wheel Base Motor FW 38

Podium Hub FW 2

FanaLab v1.23

• Take caution in downloading Fanalab, as it is a Beta it can corrupt or work inconsistently. Best to wait until it is completed.

• To add to my last comments, I was advised by Fanatec to go back to PC driver 347 and not use 352. I also uninstalled Fanalab and my DD1 is now working perfectly again. High fan speed is gone now.

• csp v3 throttle vibration threshold is too low. 80% or turn off is better

• I uninstalled FanaLab completely. Don’t really need it. I also tuned “off” Linear mode...wheel feels much better now. Still having Fan issues. It tuned on at 100% rpm when I turned on my wheel tonight. However it turned off in less then a minute. Before the new driver and FW update it would run up to 5 minutes.

I’m probably gonna have to RMA the wheel for that. I’m not really looking forward to it. Taking it off my chassis won’t be a good time.

• A tip to all. I had a lot of the same issues. When I updated the firmware for the motor etc via the fanatec app on the dektop, all was resolved for the 3.52 driver and Fanalab recognising it. Give that a try and see if it helps if you have't already.

• It is always the same.

New driver / software and nearly everyone gets nuts and installs it without reading any line in any documentation.

And then wonder when something is not acting as expected.

In the opening thread to driver 352 all is described well.

Link: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/1414/fanatec-beta-driver-v352-dd-performance-update-for-podium-bases-all-wheels/p1

Install driver, update base firmware, update motor firmware. Maybe restart your machine after the driver install. And all is well.

To be not completely OT, I must say the new FanaLab in conjunction with driver 352 is a dream.

Never felt this detail in FFB.

The UI of FanaLab on the other hand needs improvement. Will do a detailed report over Christmas and maybe come back with UI-demo with more intuitive user guidance.

This discussion has been closed.