2.5 wheel base loses resistance

Hello, I have a 2.5 that has been performing perfectly for six months. I purchased it barely used so not the original owner. Firmware is latest and no configuration changes have been made.

In the last few days the wheel will lose resistance randomly. In some cases a few mins in or as much as an hour. Literally goes limp until I recycle its power which ruins my race.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Comments

• Did you try different USB ports on your PC? It's best to connect to a USB2.0 port, USB3.0 has shown to be unreliable for Fanatec wheel bases in the past.

If you got the original invoice with the wheel base you'll still have warranty so it's best to contact Fanatec Support with this.

• Thank you. Tried a different USB and the same result. Will reach out to Fanatec.

• Interestingly did a longer session and it failed about 20 mins in and then came back later in the race. Will update this thread as I learn more.

• As I stated previously, it's best to contact Fanatec Support.

• Did this ever get resolved? I have a similar issue although my wheel doesn't do exactly what yours did in the video. Mine will pick left or right and just turn all the way to the end and stay there with resistance. I do lose FFB though in game though. Never play long after I lose it to see if it comes back on it's own. I also have the issue where games will freeze while loading until I turn the base off, then they continue to load up as normal.

• Robert ConleyRobert Conley Member
    edited October 2020

Did either of you get this resolved, I have exactly the same issue as @David

"Mine will pick left or right and just turn all the way to the end and stay there with resistance. I do lose FFB though in game though."

I just wrote this to support:

Wheel going limp (No FFB and No Motor Control) 1/3 way through race in F1 2020. Please help - All settings and versions in images above.

---------------------------

PC WIN 10 FANA PC Driver: 373

Hardware

CS 2.5 USB WheelBase FW: 674 WheelBase Motor FW: 22

Formula V2 Wheel FW: 35

CS v3 Pedals RJ Cable

Software

F1 2020 V1.12 Telemetry Port: 20776

SimHub Overlays Telemetry Port: 20776 Forwarding to 20777 20778, 20779

Fanalab V 1.47b Port 20778

Need Fanalab to get Wheel lock and Wheel spin motor vibration in F1 2020

Other Software Running