Quick release doesnt work.

Hi fanatec forums. I have finally upgraded from a g920 to some fantac stuff (clubsport 2.5 and v3s and mclaren rim with quick release). Now I bourght this used, but form sellers side everything worked and also looks like nothing was damaged under shipping (lots of buble wrap).

Instead of trying to explaing the problem I have a short video (11 seconds) that shows the problem pretty well: https://youtu.be/nU_bnM5bKzE

I have looked for a soulution and tried everything, but havent been able to figure something out.

Comments

• You need to push the rim further onto the QR. It doesn't work because the wheel is not fully on the base.

• I have tried to push it in as much as I can, but it is hitting something that is preventing it from getting fully on.

• Okay strange, the black ring on the base shouldn't be visible at all....

• Looks like it is not pushed all the way on.

give a lil more umph to it ,but gently.

Im always a lil careful when i do my qr swaps, someone even commented on my YT dd1 unboxing on the subject. Used or not Fanatec is a huge leap in performance and you are gonna love it.

The fidelity of any belt-drive system is way more rewarding and forgiving than the logitech gear driven systems.

🤜🤛

• You have to push the wheel on while holding the qr back to allow the BBs to engage. Its not rocket science.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Have you verified the 5 screws inside both the QR and base are secure? Do any of the connectors look bent? Also is the QR properly secured/attached to the MCL Wheel?

• Hi @Rolf Andersen,

Could you finally fix this issue? I'm having exactly the same issue and I don't know what else to try..

looks easy but QR is not fully reaching the base as in your video..and I've tried hard, harder than gently. I don't want to use a hammer so i think there is something wrong .

• pins don't look bent
    • I've trien tightening and loosening screws in wheel and base

WHeel is BMW GT2 and Base CSL 2.5

Thanks so much!

• Any update on this?? Having the same issue with a old gt2 bmw cs wheel as well. Everything has been checked and is fine however i cannot fully slip on my wheel. Seems like its hitting a wall at the last 5mm or so. I feel like this is a tolerance issue with the old og clubsport hubs. My other cs v2 qr goes on with no effort as well as my two other csl elite wheels. This is the only one that i cannot get to fully seat.